Start by marking “Deep” as Want to Read:
Deep

Deep

(The Deep Duet #1)

I am the ghost that haunts your dreams. I am a liar, a protector…a killer…I am death.

You think you know my story, but you have no idea. My death was just the beginning.

In the years since I escaped the shadow organization that owned me, my vow to protect my family is the only thing that kept me alive.

Until I meet her.

Too bad I need the monster to protect her from the demons
Published January 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deep

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description
descriptionI've been enjoying this series quite a lot and RAFE has intrigued me since the moment he was introduced so I was very much looking forward to his book(s). Alas, this one was just OK for me. I'm not a big fan of secret revenge plots to begin with and this one drags out the entire book. On top of that I did not find Diana likable in any way. Maybe it is because I adore Rafe. Maybe it was because I thought she was a bit of an idiot. Maybe it was because her lies almost got an innocent man killed.
Natalie The Biblioholic
I was absolutely captivated by this story. It may be absurd but my love for this story had nothing to do with Diana’s revenge plan, which dominated the plot. My utter devotion to this story had everything to do with Rafe. He was a phenomenal character to get to know. I’m sorry that I haven’t read the books that preceded this one because I found all of the characters of great interest and I’ll definitely be getting to those shortly. However, Rafe has completely snagged my attention and he’s not l ...more
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
 photo download 2_zpsnxd1hoaa.jpg
 photo download_zpsruclevcj.jpg
🌟🌟🌟1/2 STARS .
So never having read anything by this author before, I was going in totally blind.
So First impressions from me, well yep they be good folks, this is definitely an author I can gel with.
A very easy writing style that initially pulled me right in and made me want to delve deeper into the whole story.
I didn't realise originally that this was part of an on-going series, but I found that really didn't matter at all.
The backstory was cleverly woven in. without the need to have read pre
Wit & Wonder Books
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

That moment before you were to take a leap off a cliff, the moment before your foot picks up, the adrenaline rush you feel… that’s the feeling you get when reading Deep by M. Malone & Nana Malone. The first book in the Deep Duet is powerful, gritty, filled with suspense and mystery. That is the best way to best describe this raw and fresh story.

I don't want to give you too much, I feel that it's better that way. Just know that t
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
description

This was my first Malone book and I LOVED it! It’s sexy, smart, mysterious, and funny at times. Yes, it’s third person which sometimes drives me nuts, but it works here. You kinda forget that it’s in third person after awhile. Deep is Part 1, so there’s much more to come and I don’t want to give anything away, so just read it! Highly recommend!
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
This is the first book I have ever read by these authors and I think I need to go back and read the rest to fully appreciate the intricacies of their relationships. This is about a woman who’s life changed the moment she was saved by the killer in her one. Unable to move on she seeks the truth no matter what the cost. Determined to find out why her father was killed she is unprepared for the journey her quest will take her on. Ignoring the warnings he falls for the woman who has suddenly appeare ...more
Vivi Chatzikiriakou
"I have yet to read anything so great by these authors. Yes! Blake Security's bursting with Alpha men and DEEP is waiting for you to meet the new one."

.............And the cover of DEEP ROCKS!!!!!.............

"I received a complimentary copy of this book and have volunteered to leave a review."

How deep a woman can go to find out the truth behind her father's murder? M. Malone & Nana Malone want her to be really really deep. While I have read couple of books from these two authors collabora
Isha Coleman
Shelves: first-reads
Black, white and gray collide to create a hodge podge the likes I've yet seen. Rafe and Diana are strangers with a history. He's her bogeyman and she's his retribution. Or could it be that their about to become each other's downfall? In a world where nothing is as it seems and danger runs rampant, emotions run high and secrets run deep. Malone squared lays the groundwork for an enticing, yet complicated battle of wills. Deep plays peekaboo with the mind while setting the senses ablaze.
Tanaka K
I love when I am introduced to new authors. I always have the mentality that I am finding a new world filled with new characters and that can be so exciting. Imagine all the new possibilities you can discover. M. Malone and Nana Malone are new to me authors who have created a thrilling world of filled with drama and chaos in Deep.

When I started this book, I could not get into the first 15% of the book. I could not connect well with the setting. It started to pick up 20% of the book and that's w
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: ratula
I really enjoy the Orus series by Nana and Minx Malone. I've loved it since Shameless and it has only grown from there. In Deep we finally get Rafe Demarco's story and boy was it fantastic. I really enjoyed Rafe and Diana's connection and attraction. It kept me glued to my seat and consumed by the story.

Diana Vandergraff is on a quest for vengeance for the death of her father and Rafe Demarco has a target on his back ever since. After finding out he was responsible for her father's murder, Diana
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
My god what a book, right from the beginning I was in so deep I didn’t know who to root for. I loved Rafe even if was killer because that’s all you know about him at first. Then you see things from Diana’s point of view.
I thought she was crazy at first, but she had done her homework and it worked better than  she hoped. Except they are dynamite together both falling for each very quickly. It was hot and passionate relationship, and neither of them exp
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and Give Me Books***

Diana and Rafe are interesting, and I really liked the idea of the story, that she wants him dead for killing her father, but that there is a lot more going on than initially meets the eye, and that nothing is ever simple.

I loved that we are getting Rafe's story after learning about him, and his past, a little in Noah's story.

That said, I wasn't thrilled with the way the story developed. It seemed erratic and jumpy to me, like there was so much g
Rosie J.
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense
4.5 Stars

I've been wanting to know more about Rafe since his return from the dead. Why has he been missing? Why did he return? This book gave us more background and added more questions to my growing list. I'm anxiously awaiting Book 2 for all the answers. Book 1 of 2

I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Julia ⏃  ✦ :The Romance Rebels: ⏃ ✦
3.75 Stars

I liked the premise of Deep by M. Malone, but the storyline was all over the place. I had a difficult time in the beginning understanding what was going on. You have a young woman hell bent on getting revenge for the murder of her father.

But all may not be as it seems....

I don't want to give too much away, without spoiling the whole story. But I will say it was an suspenseful thriller with a building romance as the background to the story.

After the 25% mark, the flow of the story d
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

I have been dying for Rafe's story and I was not disappointed!! His was a story based on revenge and deception, and this time, it wasn't his doing. Does Rafe have any chance at starting over when his past is never very far behind?
Diana knows loss and she isn't about to let the man responsible get away with it. The more she digs, the more she uncovers, and the more she questions everything she thought she knew. I was so wrapped up in the mystery and suspense of this story! Would Rafe find out wha
CYNDY
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Deep by M. Malone

****4 Crazy Stars****

This is my first read from M. Malone and good; this book kept me wanting more so much suspence and so many secrets, revenge. Rafe not a good man and he not sure he ever will be. Diana wants revenge on the man who took everything away from her and she wants him to hurt in the wrose way. But Diana is a women full of lies and the are starting to blur what her goal is. Rafe doing something good by saving a women on the side of the road from her death is what any man would do bu
Renee
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Deep is the first book in M Malone's The Deep Duet. Do not be surprised when this book ends in a cliffhanger. The good news however is that the second book Deeper isn't far behind Deep. There is also a prequel to this duet that I didn't know about until I had finished Deep but I will be going back to read In Deep.

Rafe is the ghost that haunts your dreams. He is a liar, a protector...a killer...he is d
Jamie Guellar
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

Deep is my first from authors M Malone and Nana Malone.
When I first read the blurb I was excited to get to read this book, but it did take me until 17% to get into the story. At first the storyline seemed to be a little all over the place, but as I read on I got hooked on all the drama, suspense and intrigue.
Loved Rafe and all of his Badassness, trying to live as normal as a life that he can and put his past behind him. He was the kind of man you want in your corner.
Diana is out for
Cindy
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books-2018
Deep by M. Malone & Nana Malone. Is book  one in the Deep Duet. I found it powerful, gritty, it's a suspense filled journey, surrounded by a mystery. Now I haven't read the other books in the series, but Deep was a complete standalone. I had no problems following all the mystery, suspense, and drama.

Deep is a story about revenge. Diana wants revenge on Rafe. He murdered her father. We do see pieces throughout the story that she may not completely understand what kind of man her father was.
beautyguise
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is the book that has gotten me out of my reading slump!

The suspense, the action and the epic ending! I must say...I could really use book two. Like YESTERDAY! Holy crap.

I seriously couldn't put this down, I'm not joking one bit either. I somehow made cookies and took care of things. All while having my nose stuck in the book. Totally felt like Belle for a while. Though....I could never walk and read at the same times that's just an accident waiting to happen.

This is a fast paced easy r
Nicole Johnson
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Deep is the story of former FBI operative Rafe and heiress Diana. Diana is seeking revenge on the man who killed her father when she was a teen while Rafe is trying to adapt to civilian life as part of a security detail. Their paths cross and everything begins to change for both of them. This book was engaging, entertaining, filled with action and hot sexy times. I couldn't help hoping these two would work out. I love Rafe's character while Diana's obsession with revenge grated on my nerves afte ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Deep is book one in The Deep Duet series. I’ve not read anything by these authors before apart from In Deep, the novella to read before this book. This series is a great introduction to these authors for me.

Rafe wants to leave his past life behind him and lead a normal life. I loved the dynamics between Rafe and Diana.

I really enjoyed this story. I thought it was a great start to the duet and I read it pretty quickly. I believe the characters we meet are in previous books so I’m looking forwar
Natshane
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
** 4 In too Deep Stars **

One look at that smoking hot cover and I'm falling deep under the spell.

New-to-me author, M & Nana Malone has completely lured me into the world of Deep, from vengeance to love and throw in a mix of humor and scorching hot scenes, MSquared had me wrapped around Rafe & Diana's finger!

"And this is why we don't bring a vajayjay to a gunfight."

The cliffhanger ending was definitely the most frustrating aspect of the book, but with the release date so near for D
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it

Gina StyleRocks
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am going to keep it short and simple by saying that I really enjoyed this book. It was a good read. I can’t wait to read more about Rafe and Diana. I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Julie
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Suspense at its best. Diana's convinced he murdered her father, now she's out for revenge. Her plan is fool proof or so she thinks. The suspense and tension is palpable and I was riveted to my reader, finding it hard to put down. It's so hard to review a story like this with out revealing any spoilers. So this is short and sweet. Amazing writing, intense, and exciting. I really enjoyed this first part of the duet. And I'm desperate for the next.
Ratula
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Marieke (Marieke's Books & Books and Tequila)
I not only read books by authors I already know, but I also love to discover a new author. Or in this case, and author duo. Especially with new-for-me authors the blurb (or the synopsis) really has to draw me in. The blurb for Deep intrigued me, and I’m glad I picked it up. It wasn’t what I thought it would be, but I really like this story and I need to know how it ends.
“Now was not the time. He didn’t have room in his life for a relationship. Nor was he that guy. As much as he wanted her, he w
Le Ann Foster
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**Reviewed for CherryOBlossoms Promotions**

I gave this book 4.5 stars!

This is the first book of 2 and does leave you on a cliff hanger, but don't worry we get the second one Deeper on the 29th of this month...so we don't have to wait to long!!!!

I was hooked from the first word to the last and I didn't want to put it down. The beginning of this story is kind of all over the place, but that what makes it so unique. We have to get through this to understand what the storyline is and how this is goi
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
This is a great start to a new duet. This is Rafe's story and I will say it is a stand alone. I have not read the Shameless Trilogy and don't feel like I missed a lot. I will read it later though.

Rafe is is a civilian now and working for his brother in laws security company. He is laying low and making the most of his 'retirement' when he meets Diana.

Diana has been hunting Rafe for a better part of a year. She is convinced that he killed her innocent father and she is going to make him pay for i

• Gypsy Blood
  • The Year of the Knife
  • Deadly Shadow: A Paranormal Suspense Thriller (The Assassin Chronicles Book 1)
  • Honor Kills (Angelina Bonaparte Mysteries, #3)
  • Chicks Dig the Accent
  • The Last Lie She Told (Lies and Misdirection, #1)
  • The Departed (The Departed Series #1)
  • Ruck Me (Irish Rugby #2)
  • Expecting a Scandal (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Impostor)
  • Bare (Exposed, #2)
  • The Billionaire in Her Bed
  • And Still, She Wept
  • Leading the Witness (Conflict of Interest, #4)
  • Cheeky King (Royals Undercover, #2)
  • Cold Blooded (Cold Justice, #9)
  • Exchange of Power (Power #1)
  • Damned (Magnus Blackwell, #1)
  • Avenging Kiss (Savage Security, #2)
NEW YORK TIMES & USA TODAY Bestselling author M. Malone lives in the Washington, DC metro area with her three favorite guys, her husband and their two sons. She likes dramatic opera music, staid old men wearing suspenders, claw-foot bathtubs and unexpected surprises.

The thing she likes best is getting to make up stuff for a living.

-JOIN MY MAILING LIST HERE - http://www.mmalonebooks.com/newsle

The Deep Duet (3 books)
  • In Deep (The Deep Duet)
  • Deeper