Start by marking “The Green Roasting Tin: Vegan and Vegetarian One Dish Dinners” as Want to Read:
The Green Roasting Tin: Vegan and Vegetarian One Dish Dinners

The Green Roasting Tin: Vegan and Vegetarian One Dish Dinners

‘This book will earn a place in kitchens up and down the country’ Nigella Lawson

Seventy-five one-tin recipes: half vegan, half vegetarian, all delicious.

With all seventy-five recipes in this book, you simply pop your ingredients in a tin and let the oven do the work.

From flexitarians to families, this book is for anyone who wants to eat easy veg-based meals that fit
Published July 5th 2018 by Square Peg

Start your review of The Green Roasting Tin: Vegan and Vegetarian One Dish Dinners
karen
Jun 17, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
this is not a monthly project, but a book i will dip into periodically, sharing my successes and failures as they occur.

ALL-IN-ONE ROASTED TOMATO & BAY ORZO WITH BLACK PEPPER

i’m not someone who needs the food i make to be pretty. i’m just me—flinging ingredients into chipped bowls in my tiny kitchen and hoping it all tastes good. i can appreciate the pretty food of others in books and on internet, and i understand that visually appealing food sells more cookbooks than ‘real-life’ food made
Stephen Robert Collins
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am not a Vegan or vegetarian but I do enjoy eating vegetables, I like to eat at least 1-2 vegetarian dishes every week, it helps my Diet, saves money but Most all it can be tasty.
This split in half & its funny because I found lot of Vegan dishes sound more fun than I expected. Lovely tomato,bay pasta dish, Sichuan pepper & mushrooms, roasted carrots in bean curry, list goes on. Then on vegetarian side we have both honey dishes & loads of peppers with cheese. I liked this because
Lisa Clift
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this book - clear, concise, realistic recipes that anyone can do. Broken down into vegan and vegetarian, and how difficult they are/how long they will take. Love the section at the end that suggests different combinations for various occasions/feasts. My best book purchase so far this year!
Grace
Jun 30, 2018 added it
Got a proof copy of this, it looks amazing, cooking my first thing from it tomorrow night.
Els
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
De groene bakplaat: 75 groenterecepten ui de oven door Rukmini Iyer

Oh, ik moet mijn best doen om niet te beginnen kwijlen bij de cover (en foto’s binnenin) van dit geweldige boek.
Ik kook graag maar het moet makkelijk zijn, snel én met veel groenten. Ik heb dan ook zelf al de geneugten van alles in één pan in de oven ontdekt (rijst onderaan, groenten erop en vleesvervanger bovenaan). Maar dit boek tilt dat alles naar een veel hoger niveau. Hierin staan recepten die niet alleen lekker zijn maar er
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
There was a lot I liked about this book but I have mixed feelings. Fundamentally, the style of cooking appeals to me and the recipes look genuinely appealing, interesting yet straightforward. But there were several elements that rubbed me up the wrong way. Perhaps most seriously, this is a book labelled vegan and vegetarian and it would be great for anyone wanting to build a less meat based repertoire... but actual vegetarians? The vegetarian section of the book has a lot of recipes involving a ...more
Hannah
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The infographics in this book are fantastic. I'm half tempted to rip them from the book and put them on the fridge in case of any dinner-related emergencies. It's like a connect the dots, choose your own adventure dinner. And all veg-based without being sad or boring at all. And (so many ands...) everything is perfect for leftovers, so no more sad desk lunches.

I'm very into this book on many levels, but mostly because it is such an easy, fun and cheap way to eat more vegetables. Which we all
Linda Semple
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love to cook as many friends and family will attest. I also like to read cookbooks. I rarely cook *from* them; the contents just marinate away in my head and eventually form themselves into dishes all of their own accord.

So it’s almost unheard of for a cookbook (two by this author) radically to change the way I cook. But this and its sister book have done just that and for the better with less food waste, less energy and a wider range of foods getting eaten by Other Half.

Nearly Five Stars.
Macy Mckay
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Such a great book. The premise is the same as Iyer's first book, The Roasting Tin, where everything is cooked in the oven in one tin; there really couldn't be anything simpler.
I bought because I now have a vegan in the family, and because I made a new year's resolution to try one new recipe a week to get out of my own cooking rut, but this book has earned its keep already.
Road tested at family meals, the stand out dishes are the smoked tofu with pak choi and satay dressing and fajita spiced
Vida
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really fantastic, I made a courgette and goat cheese tartin and it was delicious! Only had it for a day, but it is super straightforward with lots of room to customise, especially with the guides to different ingredients and how to design your own meal. Definitely will be using it a lot. Not to mention there are lots of repeat ingredients so if you meal plan with this book, there will be a lot you can cook with the same few ingredients, which makes doing a food shop easier.
AnnMarie
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am not vegan or vegetarian but do want to reduce the amount of meat I eat. I love food and have been trying these recipes and love each of them. Very quick, easy dishes to prepare after work and gorgeous. My husband and 1 year old twins have enjoyed them too.
Mieke Van
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic and easy to make recipes. Beautiful pictures!
Rosie
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant concept. Delicious recipes.
KB
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every recipes is (actually) easy. Totally flexible and very yummy! The most useful cookbook I have for weeknight veggie action.
Asher
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Made several recpies in this book and they were all delicious! Beautiful photographs and easy directions.
Audrey
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food, non-fiction
I love roast veggies so this is such a great cookbook! It has quickly become one of the most used in our house. I like how it is divided up according to how long the dish will take to make (although I do find I sometimes need to cook for longer than the times given in the recipes). All of the recipes tried so far have been delicious. Many of the vegetarian recipes could easily be made vegan by omitting cheese/yoghurt or using vegan alternatives
El
The holy grail of vegetarian cookbooks. Would kill for Rukmini Iyer to make a fully vegan roasting tin, but I'll let her off because this one is exquisite.
Jason Boxall
Jan 19, 2019
Claire
Aug 03, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• BOSH!: The Cookbook: Simple Recipes. Amazing Food. All Plants.
  • Ottolenghi SIMPLE
  • Pinch of Nom: 100 Slimming, Home-style Recipes
  • The Book You Wish Your Parents Had Read (and Your Children Will Be Glad That You Did)
  • The Christmas Chronicles: Notes, Stories and 100 Essential Recipes for Midwinter
  • Veg: Easy and Delicious Meals For Everyone
  • My Name is Why
  • Hard Pushed: A Midwife’s Story
  • Greenfeast: Spring, Summer
  • Year of the Monkey
  • The Vegetarian Athlete's Cookbook: More Than 100 Delicious Recipes for Active Living
  • The Bonsai Handbook
  • Queen in 3D Deluxe Ed.
  • The Bonsai Workshop
  • BISH BASH BOSH!: Your Favourites. All Plants
  • Annabel Karmel's New Complete Baby  Toddler Meal Planner
  • Plenty
  • Zaitoun: Recipes from the Palestinian Kitchen
Rukmini is a food stylist and food writer, who enjoys recipe developing and styling for editorial, advertising and commercial clients. Her cookbooks include 'The Roasting Tin' and 'The Green Roasting Tin', and her next cookbook 'The Quick Roasting Tin' is out with Square Peg in June 2019.

Rukmini left the law to retrain as a chef, working for Tom Kitchin at 'The Kitchin' in Edinburgh before moving