Start by marking “Hothouse Flower (Sound of Silence, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hothouse Flower (Sound of Silence, #3)

Hothouse Flower

(Sound of Silence #3)

I loved Jace Faraday with all my heart. I loved everything about him, from his huge smile to his fabulous laugh. Another man never caught my eye. It was always Jace and Shay, together forever.

Until it wasn’t.

He devastated me, he ruined me. I’ve never gotten over it.

But, I’m a survivor. I’m not a precious flower that can only thrive if kept safe from the perils of the o
Published January 1st 2018 by Taylor Dean Books

To ask other readers questions about Hothouse Flower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hothouse Flower

Start your review of Hothouse Flower (Sound of Silence, #3)
Julie Carpenter
4.5 Stars

If you read my review for book two in this series, Jailbird, then you'll know that this is a series you must read in order. All the same characters appear throughout all three books and get their own stories. I've come to love these characters. Their struggles and heartaches and redemption and growth and change and everything are very well written.

I will start by saying that the bottom of the synopsis for this book says, (Dear Reader: This book deals with a sensitive issue.) And it does
Jacob Proffitt
This is third in a series, but relatively independent. You don't need to have read the others for the full impact of the main story. But there is lots of family cruft built up around them both and I highly recommend reading in order, anyway.

This isn't really a romance. They're already in love at the start of the story, they just have a huge misunderstanding in their way. Which really sucks because the entire first half is a case of "have the conversation, already!" Shay dithers and prevaricates
Kathy Jo
January 2019:

It says a lot about an author when they can suck me in over and over and over again each time I reread one of their books. I devoured this series in a couple of days and I still LOVE it! I'm looking forward to rereading it again... probably next year... ;)

March 2018:

*dreamy sigh* I can't express how much I LOVE this series! It is SO good! Shay and Jace's story is the perfect ending to an AMAZING series! I can already tell you that I will definitely be reading these books over and
Katie W
Read this series in order!

Jace and Shay. They were made for each other but a mistake in the past drove the apart. I've been wondering about this relationship from the time it was first mentioned in Book 1, because that right there literally broke my heart in two. Lucky for me, Taylor Dean believes in second chances and I knew this was going to be a great story from the very first page. And boy, oh, boy--I wasn't wrong!

I'm just going to say it right here--there is a very sensitive issue that pres
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this series. Getting to this last book in the series is bitter sweet. Bitter to think I'm at the end but ever so sweet to read Shay's story. The people in these books have become familiar to me. I feel that I'm a part of them and that is exactly what I look for as a reader- a real connection to the characters, real emotion. You cannot have a heart and not feel something reading these books.

Jace and Shay have a history. A very powerful, love-filled h
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
This series has ALL THE FEELS! I love the emotion and passion the characters feel and how the author draws me into their world. As soon as I finished Hothouse Flower I went back and re-read the first book in the series, Stone Silence. I gave each book in the series 5 stars and I recommend reading them in order.

I thought I knew what this book would be about, but the author managed to surprise me and incorporated a twist that was completely unexpected and brought a sense of vulnerability and deter
Alisa
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have loved the first two books in this series and could not wait to read this book! I feel like I've been waiting a long time for Jace and Shay's story (but it's really only been two months)! I love second chance stories and this was a really well written one! Jace and Shay are both lovable right away. When you find out what has separated them all these years, your heart breaks for the years that were stolen from them - but then it made the HEA that much sweeter!

Source: Kindle Unlimited
Charissa
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, second-chances
5 Hot burning bright STARS!!! This is Shay’s story. She’s been the quiet girl in the background in the other two books, but now it’s her turn. Her former love and childhood sweetheart, Jace, left six years ago and has never spoken to her in all that time. But he’s back in Sweetwater to help take care of his sick mother. Since they live right across the street from each other, she’s going to run into him. That’s a fact. The question is, what will she do when she sees him again since she’s never s ...more
Kelly
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
In Hothouse Flower, you definitely feel the love Jace & Shay has for each other. Six years apart has not lessened that love and has been hard on both of them. When they are brought together again their same pattern of loving banter returns easily.

But the years apart and something else keeps getting in the way. Neither is willing to bring up what happened six years ago. When they do finally start to talk about what happened, I had an idea but my idea wasn't it. It kind of threw me for a loop. Wa
Ellie
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Stacey
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books
This book was quite different to what I was expecting. You basically run the whole gamut of emotion with this one. There is a lead up to this novel with both of the previous ones so you really should make sure you read the first two books of this series first (which you won’t be disappointed with) especially since you get to catch up with all of the characters from the previous books & see how life has turned out for them.

I don’t want to give away any spoilers but there is one area of caution I
Mylissa Demeyere
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book a couple of times, and each time lost myself in the pages of this compelling read. Dean has a way of drawing me in, and making me not want to put this book down.
I think this one is probably my favorite one out of the series, because I have been intrigued by Shay and what happened to her and Jace since we got a glimpse in the previous books.
This book does an excellent job of unfolding the full tale layer upon layer, and keeping the reader hooked to find out where all of thi
Amber Jones
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I read stone silence and I jumped at the chance to read the rest in the series and that was a wonderful idea. I just fell in love with this series and this amazing author.

a must read for sure....

The emotions are overflowing in this story, in many different ways, and I was completely invested from start to finish. One thing that really amazes me about this author is her ability to write about realistic and difficult situations, character reactions and ways they deal with things, and content with
Pascale
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
-“By the way, right now, in this very moment, with all that tender emotion on your face, you look the most beautiful I’ve ever seen you look. When I think back on this day, this moment is what I’ll remember. Just me and you having a moment of peace amongst the chaos...”-

Heavy-duty. Just like the previous books in the series, this one deals with a heavy issue: date rape. I have to give kuddos to the author for the twist in the situation. She approached the topic in a sensitive way and I feel she
Jana
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series kept getting better and better! With each story you become more and more invested in the characters and each story builds in love and emotion. I adored Stone Silence and LOVED Jailbird, I didn’t know how Taylor would top the second book. But she did!
Hothouse Flower was the perfect ending to this trilogy. Jace and Shay’s story was by far my favorite. Taylor Dean has a gift as an author to write so much emotion into her stories and yet leave you wondering how the conflict is going to b
Kathy
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is the third and final book in the Sounds of Silence series. Read them in order! Shay and Jace were high school sweethearts in Texas. They planned to marry after both getting their degrees in NYC. When Shay pays a surprise visit to Jace for his birthday, all their plans get derailed. Now it’s six years later and Jace returns to his childhood home to help his mom while she battles cancer. Shay is living across the street with her mom and young daughter. When they meet up, sparks of attractio ...more
Lydia
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Taylor is truly talented in writing novels that grip you. Your heart is touched and tears clog your eyes. This one tackled a tough topic amidst Shay and Jace's romance and did so tactfully. The three books in the series, which I highly recommend you read and in order, come to a delightful ending in this last beautiful story
Cassie
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kathy

I received this book free with the intention to review, this didn't effect my opinion of the book.
This author continues to amaze me with her ability to create characters that feel like they could step out of the book and have a heart to heart with the reader. Everyone needs to read this series! If you enjoyed Stony Silence, and Jailbird you simply must read this book. Everyone should read this book!
Erica
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tore through this entire series over the weekend.

Shay has loved Jace for years. They had plans and dreams until she surprised him one weekend and found a situation she could neither handle or understand. When Jace didn't come after her, she made a major course alteration and didn't look back. Now divorced, she and her young daughter are living in her childhood home with her mother. She's opened a bakery and moving forward; until Jace comes home from NYC to take care of his mother who is battlin
Lisa
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free complimentary book and voluntarily reviewed it.

This is the third and last book in Taylor Dean’s “Sounds of Silence” trilogy. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the other two books in this series, Hothouse Flower is my favorite.

This book is the story of Shay, the sister of Stony (Stone Silence) and Grayson (Jailbird). Because she is a major part of the first two books, the author recommends that you read all three books in order.

Shay and her family grew up across the street from Jac
Carolee Newgren
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a wonderful read! It is culmination of three books and brings a final conclusion to the events in the lives of the characters from those three books. I loved the ending and found this book to be a wonderful read! It was so good that I couldn't put it down and read it all in almost one sitting! Taylor Dean is one awesome author!
Megan Tiscareno
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
*I received this ARC from the author in exchange for my honest feedback!*

While this was not my favorite of the Sound of Silence trilogy, I really enjoyed this book and the character development. Taylor Dean tackles very sensitive subjects head on and does not beat around the bush. She thoughtfully crafts characters who win your heart and you wind up rooting for them. For me, I wanted more from these characters-- I wanted to know them better so I could love them more and I felt that the ending w
Yana
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great finish

I went back and read my reviews of the previous 2 books in the series and I was surprised once again about how much I admire Taylor Dean's writing every time I finish another one of her books. Every time I am surprised as if it were the first time.
In 3 books she has managed to bring to life 3 very different women with different life stories. Each one had her own unique struggles and complications in life, and with each one Dean has manged to weave different kinds of important soci
Heather Green
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A well written conclusion of a three book series. I loved that all three stories are happily ever afters. I also loved that all three are clean. Lots of kissing and a nongraphic scene of post date rape. I loved the poetic sense given by the title and definition at the beginning of the book and drawing parallels with the characters lives. I really liked this book, but it was my least favorite of the three in the series. I think because the mc's were back to making out pretty quickly after being a ...more
Andrea
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Fast read. I liked that the back of the book had some of the recipes talked about (the main character has a specialty bakery).

Sometimes I felt like things dragged a bit, but overall it was enjoyable. I like the families involved in this series and it was fun to have a different couple highlighted in each book.

I really felt for Shay, and then for Jace once his story was revealed.

This book deals with some tough issues, and as such it wouldn’t fall into the squeaky clean category. What is describ
Shauna
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Isn't that cover gorgeous? Love the note about it too. Though Stone Silence is still my favorite, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the past couples all together in this book. I even really liked Mia! This book brings Shay and Jace's story back around full circle and I loved Jace. I liked how I didn't have to suffer though the entire book to see some happy and Shay was a great character (super excited about trying the recipes too). I thought the sensitive subject matter was handled well. To best enjoy ...more
Paula Bothwell
Hothouse Flower (Sound of Silence #3) - PG13
Violence: alluded to
Language: nothing offensive
Sex: alluded to, no details. Some kissing.
I love the second chance at love. There was a whole lot of reconnecting with the characters from the first two books that I found superfluous. I would rather have read more about the main characters than get into all the rest of the books I've already read.
Kristen
Nov 28, 2018
Lindis
Jul 02, 2018
Toni
Mar 12, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• My Sister's Intended (Serendipity #1)
  • Second Chance in Paradise (Clairborne Family #1)
  • The Sidelined Wife (More Than a Wife, #1)
  • My Not So Wicked Boss (My Not So Wicked #3)
  • My Not So Wicked Ex-Fiancé (My Not So Wicked #2)
  • Rules are made to be Broken (Love Under Wraps Book 2)
  • The Book of Sorrel
  • A Man Worth Shaving For
  • Worth the Risk (Pine Valley, #1)
  • The Dear Wife (More Than a Wife #3)
  • Me & Mister Everything (Tanner Family, #4)
  • Honeymoon for One in Christmas Falls (Return to Christmas Falls #2)
  • The Secretive Wife (More Than A Wife #2)
  • The Last Shot (Love In Chaos Book 3)
  • Return to Sender (A Pine Falls Novel Book 1)
  • Lightning Struck (Brothers Maledetti #3)
  • I Hate You More
  • Where I Belong (Pine Valley, #2)

Taylor Dean lives in Texas and is the mother of four grown children. Upon finding herself with an empty nest, she began to write the stories that were always wandering around in her head, quickly finding she had a passion for writing, specifically romance. Whether it's paranormal, contemporary, or suspense-you'll find all sub-genres of CLEAN Romance in her line-up.

Sound of Silence (3 books)
  • Stone Silence (Sound of Silence Series, #1)
  • Jailbird (Sound of Silence Series, #2)