Start by marking “Liar (A Faux-Mance Novel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Liar (A Faux-Mance Novel, #1)

Liar

(A Faux-Mance Novel #1)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  226 Ratings  ·  161 Reviews
Fake it until you make it. That was the mantra Cori Dash chanted as she chased a big city dream. The more you tell people you’re on top of the world, the more they believe it – just like they believed the embellished image she sold them with her knock off designer facade. It wasn’t lying if the truth stood somewhere in the middle – and she didn’t get caught.

Dominic Blackth
Kindle Edition
Published August 23rd 2018 by The SSK Group

To ask other readers questions about Liar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liar

Julie
Liar by Stephanie St. Klaire is a 2018 SSK Group publication.

Whimsical, cute, funny, and utterly charming!!

Cori Dash is a dynamo! She’s been through quite a lot in her life, but she’ determined to pursue her dreams and achieve her goals.

But, when she spots her ex-fiance with her ex- best friend at a planned event, she can’t stand the thought of enduring their gloating, pompousness. So, she grabs the first guy who happens by and introduces him as her fiancé. She made the right choice, it would s
Terri
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, street-team-book
I think Liar is the lightest thing Stephanie St. Klaire has published to date. I usually don't like millionaire/billionaire stories, but I was willing to try this one because I am a huge fan of the author. I'm very glad I did!
The story starts out with Cori just grabbing some random guy in the park and pretending they are together because, well, her ex and her ex-best friend are both just lousy excuses for human beings who need to be taken down a peg or two. Nick is surprised (to say the least) b
Robyn
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cori Dash has been living a lie right down to her name and knock off clothing and shoes. So, when she meets her ex best friend/ex-college roommate, Winnie, at an event that her company, Thorne Industries is sponsoring, the lies keep rolling off of her tongue. Before she knows it, Cori has roped in an unsuspecting male guest at the event and introduces him as her fiance. Luckily for her, Nick decides to play along. The only problem with Nick is he is THE Dominic Blackthorne, owner of Thorne Indus ...more
Jane
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
More, More, MORE!! I want more!!!! This story was soooo much fun!! I fell in love with Nick the moment he opened his mouth! AND Cori, that girl ROCKS! This story is fun, sexy and has a little heartbreak (very little) and the end had me laughing out loud!! If your looking for a break from the drama in the world this is YOUR story!!
Beth
I absolutely adored this book! It has humor, sexy times and a sweet love story that has you wanting for more!

Cori Dash is a kind and hard-working woman. She is putting together a presentation for a promotion for the VP position and she has no time for distractions. Cori is sweet and thinks of others before herself and has been hurt in the past. That’s why she throws herself into her job.
Dominic (Nick) Blackthorne has it all or so it seems. When he has a chance encounter with Cori at a company s
Maree Repa
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars

Pay Back Time

I was absolutely thrilled to receive book one of this most wonderful and exciting new series, A Faux-Mance Novel. Such a complete gorgeous and beautiful romantic tale.

Cori Dash was is feeling frustrated. She has been rushing through her life. Until when she see this over bearing wealthy Winnie Chesterfield. She is annoying and completely the most spilt person spoilt person that she had ever met. They had met when both were studying at University.

When Cori met Winn
Isha Coleman
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Is the facade more important than the person underneath? Liar is a true gem. Ms. St. Klaire uses humor and heart to deliver a message of powerful self - worth. We all have struggles to face, but obstacles have a way of destroying how we view ourselves. The truth has a tendency to get lost in the shuffle. Dominic and Cori are not perfect, they're human and both author and characters use that as a stepping stone to encourage living our own truths. Inspiration can be found in the most unexpected of ...more
Suey_Library
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Did you read that synopsis? I mean come on!! Gimme more fake everything please! I am sorry, I am guilt as charged, I go for this trope. I know they are a train wreck of hot mess plot cluster but gosh comrades they are soooo gooey good. I mean it, it is a perfect romcom mix with a bit of drama angst to get the feels stirring - always an entertaining treat. And honestly, I have quickly became a fan of Stephanie St. Klaire so tickle my pickle excited I was ready to dive in!

I gotta hand it to the g
Brandi (Brandi Janee's Bookshelf)
Going into Liar I was a little worried. I had read one book by this author and while I liked the idea of that story I didn't really like how it turned out. Fake relationships are one of my favorite tropes in romance novels. That coupled with the rest of the description made this sound like a book I would love which is why I decided to give it a try.

Liar wasn't exactly what I was expecting after reading the synopsis but it had such a strong start. The beginning played out like it would in a movie
Mo (The Scarlet Siren)
This review is a challenging one for me to write. After reading the synopsis for Liar by Stephanie St. Klaire, I expected to get a fun, light-hearted romance with a trope that I enjoy. While that is what I got with the book, I didn’t enjoy it as much as I was anticipating, even though it was still a fun read for me.

I enjoyed the premise of this book and really loved the cast of characters. Nick was a dream, of course, and I enjoyed Cori’s friends a lot. I loved Cori’s grit and determination, tha
Heather andrews
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked Nick the man knew how to speak his mind, "...I don’t like smoke blown up my…” He stopped himself and corrected, realizing he was talking to a lady. A lady who clearly didn’t use a lot of off- color words. “Well, I guess I like honesty, and you were being honest.” Nick isn't one to take no for an answer, “fifteen minutes…” he interrupted before hanging up." Foor me this was such a feel good read and I loved it.
Diana Davidson
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun and lighthearted read. What starts out as a lie and a way to save face becomes a long term ruse that leads to love. This story was fun but had great character depth and even a little mystery. Nick and Cori had great chemistry and watching them plot and scheme to one-up Winnie and Phillip was hilarious. With Cori’s past, it was great to watch Nick make Winnie jealous of her for a change. And the end was sweet and Hallmark worthy.
Mona
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dawn Barrett Connolly
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Liar was such a fun sexy story!! I loved Dominic and Cori’s chemistry. What started off as a ruse turned into a fairytale. I also enjoyed the the other characters, James, Devina, and Tony. Would love to see more stories with these characters.
Jazmyne Kaylee (Ramblings of a Bookworm)
“Love is a gamble-it’s hard, it hurts, and it’s worth it because its joy, and happiness, and adventurous. You need to gamble, honey. That man loves you probably more than you, him. I’d say he’s a safe bet. If not … there’s always my cousins Vinnie and Guido.”

When I read stories from Stephanie, I’m always assailed by laughter, love, and community…and maybe a little bit of intrigue revolving around someone’s death. I was surprised we made it through this story without any 😉

For the full review, vis
Donna Smith
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything I look for in a book. A heroine who is funny, bold, strong, a little broken and gets herself into situations that I would find myself in. A hero who puts the heroine above all else no matter what the circumstances. He's also funny, bold, strong, and a little broken too. They complete each other almost immediately.
Cori is an up and coming executive at her job. She attends a function to be seen and schmooze the bosses. What she doesn't expect to see is her cheating ex fia
Heather Nobbs
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great story and quick read. This story is about Cori and Nick. Nick is quite the catch and I liked him right away. You could tell that he was into Cori the minute he met her. Cori meets Nick in the park when she is in desperate need of a fiancée. Cori is cornered by her ex-fiancée and ex-best friend who are together now. She needs to save face (or so she thinks) and grabs the hot guy walking by. Luckily he goes along with her story and then some. Nick really likes Cori and keeps coming up with ...more
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! Laugh out loud funny and seriously sexy, Liar is fabulous! Cori and Nick light up the pages as their fake romance turns into so much more. I love a good fake engagement and a seriously sexy billionaire who falls hard. This book had both! Plus Cori had some outrageous awkward moments...I could not stop laughing. Excellent!!
Omg.kacie.reads
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my second book by this author. I really enjoyed the first book and this book was just as amazing. She really knows how to tell a story. I was engulfed within the first few pages. I had to know what happened with Cori and Nick. I immediately fell in love with Cori. I loved how Cori met Nick. I loved Nick right away also. There chemistry was amazing and I just had to know what happened. I loved how Nick realized early on how awesome Cori is and how she deserves to have the most amazing fak ...more
Tina Todd shobe
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Liar is a wonderfully written book. We have a little bit of mystery and little bit of romance, great characters and best of all we have some humor.

Cori basically is living life as a facade. From her transportation, her name to her knock off designer clothes/shoes. (I have lived her life. I can't tell you how many 'knock off's' I have found had garage sales and consignment shops).

She runs into her ex-fiance, Phillip and her former friend/college roommate, Winnie at an event/fund raiser. Feeling a
Pam
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Can a relationship survive being based on lies? Can it grow beyond temporary to become real? Cori Dash is living a lie - from her name, to her background, to her lifestyle. She's dedicated herself to work & the struggle to get ahead since her fiancée, Phillip, & her roommate, Winnie, slept with each other back in college. No one was making a fool of her again. During a run in with them at an event sponsored by her work, Cori grabbed an attractive stranger & started acting like they a ...more
Kortney
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book that I have read of Stephanie's and is the first in its series. I found this book to be a quick easy, romantic read. I thought that Steph did a great job of developing the characters that you had enough information about them to understand them but not too much that it was excessive.

In addition, I really enjoyed the pace of how the story went. I think that because it went at a good pace it kept you interested as a reader and kept you from putting it down. I would say thi
Tracey *Steamyreads*
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Readultery Life Review

Liar is another fantastic light read from author Stephanie St.Klaire and a brilliant novella to start her new series with.

From the first page we get those sweet romance vibes flying off the pages. A true Cinderella and Prince Charming in our main characters, Cori and Nick. The whole concept of the storyline, ‘fake it to you make it’ romance gives us plenty of laughable moments and certainly delivers on the swoon factor with Nick.

What starts off as a ‘fake romance/relati
Cheyenne Nicholls-pecino
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow..... the words that ran through my mind at the end of this book.
This story flows so beautifully full of sparkles, love hearts and amazing friendships, it also had it's ugly emotions hate, jealousy lies and a sense of betrayal.

Cori is a beautiful fragile soul who hides behind her job making it her number one priority in life work...eat... sleep.....repeat. She has been dealt a rough hand in life and been burnt one too many times.

Nick is the guy of my dreams. He is humble, kind, swee
Bev Sten
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A witty rom-com from an awesome author known for her romantic suspense. Stephanie S. Klaire's first contemporary, awesome, rom-com, tear-jerker story. Cori Dash grabs a man off the street to be her fiance, to prove that she hasn't pined away for her ex who took up with Cori's use to be best friend. The two trust fund babies are perfect for each other. Stuck up, one up money people. Cori didn't know that the man she grabs is actually the owner of the company she works for and has more money than ...more
Sharon
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great story!
When Cori is out at an event, she runs into her former best friend and fiance' who are rubbing in their relationship and upcoming wedding. Cori panics and grabs literally the next guy walking by, Nick and claims him as her fiance'!
Watch their story unfold in this amazing book that will make you laugh and maybe even shed some tears! 5 stars, I'm really enjoying this authors books! Grab this when you can!
Tammy
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Liar is a fun RomCom! Cori is a sweet, sassy small town girl determined to make it the big city. She has been hurt and guards her heart, believing that relationships aren’t for her. Nick is swoon worthy! He is the whole package! When Cori runs into her ex fiancé and ex best friend, the shenanigans begin! This is a great, lighthearted read that will make you laugh, and keep you reading because you just have to know what happens next.
Cheryl
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Imperfect World Series. Cori & Nick
I loved this easygoing, fun read. Filled with sexy, warm hearted, funny, & chemistry the characters are dynamic and one soon learns that payback is a b*tch, especially if you are snob!!! When a fake engagement becomes real all bets are off! LOVED IT!
I received an ARC to review.
Kathy
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Liar, part of the Imperfect World series is a lighthearted, sexy romance, that shakes you up from your ho-hum daily life. When the main characters Dominic and Cori thrust together by accident (or was it) they have to keep their lie going long enough to Cori’s ex-fiancé and ex best friend, they get deeper and deeper into the deceit and along the way, finding out they really like each other. But will Cori still like Dom when she finds out all is not what it seems. A great story and romantic comedy ...more
Pea
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the story but it felt incomplete, like I was something missing.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
About Stephanie St. Klaire

Stephanie St. Klaire debuted in 2016, launching her writing career with Rescued, the first book in the six book series known as McKenzie Ridge. Stephanie is a Pacific Northwest native currently living in Oregon with her husband, five children, and two ferocious lap dogs.

As a writer, Stephanie brings realistic circumstances to the pages, and fills them with real emotion,