Start by marking “Cooper's Charm (Summer Resort, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cooper's Charm (Summer Resort, #1)

Cooper's Charm

(Summer Resort #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  2,570 ratings  ·  560 reviews
One summer, two sisters and a chance to start over…

Before the burglary that shattered her confidence, Phoenix Rose had a fiancé, a successful store and a busy, happy existence. After months spent adrift, she takes a job at the lakeside resort of Cooper’s Charm. Surrounded by beautiful scenery, friendly colleagues and a charismatic, widowed boss, Phoenix is slowly inching h
Published July 24th 2018 by HQN Books

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Cooper's Charm (Summer Resort, #1)
Dianne
Sometimes to take back your life you need rid yourself of the demons of the past and that is exactly what Phoenix did when she left her old life behind to take a job at a charming lakeside resort. Maybe it was the sunshine, the quirky new friends she was making, or maybe it was her new boss, but one thing for sure, Phoenix’s heart and soul came alive again as she found a second chance for lasting love and a new lease on life.

Meanwhile, Phoenix’s brash and beautiful sister, Ridley decides it’s ti
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3.5 STARS
He'd started by wanting to help her, and instead, she'd helped him without even knowing it. She'd brought him back from the dead.

If you're looking for a charming, feel-good romance and quintessential beach read, Cooper's Charm is a definite winner. You get two romances for the price of one here; with both Rose sisters finding their individual roads to a HEA.

Phoenix Rose has come to Cooper's Charm a shell of a woman she once was. After an armed robbery and assault leaves her
Beth
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute and entertaining. Foster writes a tale of two wounded souls finding out how to live again after tragedy. Cooper's Charm is a moving, heartwarming romance that is a sweet and uplifting story about finding your forever love.

I received this ARC copy of Cooper's Charm from HarperCollins - HQN. This is my honest and voluntary review. Cooper's Charm is set for publication July 31, 2018.

My Rating: 4 stars
Written by: Lori Foster
Print Length: 352 pages
Publisher: HQN Books; Original edition
Publicat
Chan
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
AUDIOBOOK

I enjoyed listening to this book. Phoenix was running from a horrible past and Cooper was stuck in his horrible past. Together, they were able to help each other to move forward in life.

There was a bit of danger and suspense…a small bit. I was hoping for more. There is a cute dog and a fun loving community.

We also had the side story of Phoenix’s sister. I wish that Lori Foster would have written another book with this story instead of cramming it into this one.
Zoe
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Humorous, sweet, and heartwarming!

Cooper’s Charm is a heartfelt, entertaining tale about accepting the things you cannot change, letting go of the past, rediscovering one’s self, taking chances, moving on, and the special, selfless bonds between sisters.

The prose is clear and smooth. The characters are hardworking, charismatic, and dependable. The setting is an idyllic summer retreat, complete with cabins, tents, sun, and sand. And the plot, which drags just slightly in the middle, is an engagin
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)

Pheonix rose hopes to take a job at a lakeside resort in order to get a fresh start and move on from her past. Before the burglary happened, Pheonix had everything, a great job, a fiance, and overall a happy existence. There she meets Cooper, the owner of the resort and who is just as broken after his wife dies in a tragic accident.

I thought the s
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

There was something sweet and satisfying about Lori Foster’s latest release Coopers Charm and that made it very easy to read and immensely enjoyable.

Sometimes I read a book and it is easier for me to list all the things I love about the book rather than write a detailed review and that is what I’m going to do with this book. I loved that both the main characters had lived through something difficult and it made them wary, yet they were both open to exploring the intense attraction betw
Anna
Welcome to Cooper's Charm RV Resort Park. Cooper Cochran, the owner, bought it after the tragic death of his wife, looking for a place to heal. He recognizes the need for a fresh start when Phoenix Rose comes to him for a job as the head grounds keeper. There is an instant connection between them, but their pasts make them both warry. Phoenix finds her fellow employees friendly and supportive, giving her the courage to face the terrors of her past. Phoenix is surprised by the arrival of her sist ...more
☕️Kimberly
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Phoenix Rose, a landscaper by trade is hoping to begin anew after an event upended her life. She packs up all of her belongings and travels to the picturesque, lakeside resort known as Cooper's Charm. She has applied for the groundkeepers position and is determined to nail the interview.

Cooper's Charm is a quaint family oriented campground offers all the amenities including a sweet loft cabin to call home.  Phoenix and Cooper's first encounter was interesting and gave the reader insight into bot
Kirsten
I loved this romance. It was sweet and funny and it had a dog!

A romance featuring two sisters (who each get their man without even trying) -- it takes place at a campground/resort. It was a lot of fun and their was a lot of humor. The main couple have better chemistry than the other couple, but still a lot of fun!
Cheri
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed LF's new book. It was light and fun with a bit of mystery. Sugar the dog was adorable (my dog is named Sugar as well) :) ...more
Jewlsbookblog
5 stars

Phoenix (love the unique name) and Cooper’s romance was a wonderful mix of sensual and sweet! I enjoyed so much about them-their work ethics, dynamic personalities, and their shared love of animals, just to name a few. I also loved the delicious build up of sexual tension. Foster writes some of the best chemistry scenes between couples, so I knew the anticipation would be worthwhile. And when the fireworks finally erupted...yowza!

As a double bonus, we also get Phoenix’s sister’s romance
Anita
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, arc

I generally love Lori Foster. One of my favorite romance series is the Buckhorn Brothers Series. I started this book with very high expectations, maybe that was my problem. I had a tough time liking, let alone loving these characters. I generally love a good r
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Phoenix Rose and her sister Ridley have both had some tough knocks in life. Phoenix leaves her home and applies for a job at a local resort called Cooper's Charm. Delighted, she is hired and begins her healing. Of course, hunky Cooper Cochran will be integral to that healing process. Meanwhile Ridley, recently divorced, is handling her situation a bit differently. She is using her looks to love em and leave em. She misses her sister, so ends up at Cooper's Charm as well and smack into the arms o ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Summer Resort series by Lori Foster. Phoenix Rose is attempting to get her life back after a devastating robbery and assault. She ends up as the landscaper at a resort called Cooper's Charm. Cooper Cochran lost his beloved wife years before and has no intention of getting involved with anyone but there is something about Phoenix that has him thinking differently. Then Ridley, Phoenix's sister shows up to check on her and meets the scuba instructor, Baxter. Ridley went throu ...more
Tina "IRead2Escape"
It has been far too long since I've read a Lori Foster book. Cooper's Charm took me back to all of the reasons that I love her.

Phoenix was a victim of a robbery and assault. She was left afraid of really getting back into the world. After some time of seclusion she decided to ease herself back into the world and what better place to do it than a summer resort where she can use her skills as a landscaper to work but not be fully immersed in the public eye.

Cooper, Phoenix's new boss, knew of her p
Riding  Reviewer
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-direct, jeep-diva
Rating 4.5 stars.

I’m a sucker for a damsel in distress story. Lori Foster’s Cooper’s Charm is exactly that but with a modern, capable damsel.

Phoenix Rose is the aptest of names for a woman trying to rebuild her life after a devastating robbery during which she was beaten badly. She welcomes a new job taking care of the landscaping at Cooper’s Charm. Cooper has a surprisingly similar reason for buying a resort which takes him far from his former life and the memories of the wife he lost too soon
Michele
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In Cooper's Charm (Love at the Resort #1) by Lori Foster we are introduced to a variety of characters whom I hope to be able to follow for many books to come. Phoenix Rose had her world shattered by an unforgivable incident and when she finally decides to move on she takes a job at Cooper’s Charm, a lakeside resort. When Phoenix’s sister comes to visit she ends up extending her stay while she recovers from a horrible divorce.

What neither of them realize is that Cooper’s Charm is full of wonderf
Jen
I think this is a case of "it's not you it's me." The pacing was just too slow for me and I wasn't overly in love with Phoenix (really? That's the character's name?) I felt like I was supposed to feel for this main character immediately and fall in love also immediately with Cooper.

The narration by Erin Bennett may have had something to do with it, but I think honestly this is just not a book for me.
Kate Olson
Thanks to Harlequin for this free review copy!
A sweet and charming but also STEAMY romance - just what I needed when I picked this one up! I enjoyed the added suspense element as well. Loved the way all of the characters connected and I really can't wait to read more from Foster and more in this series.
Taryn
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Phoenix needs to get away from her old life and has applied for a job at Cooper's Charm hoping it will be the fit she is looking for. You see while at work late one night she was attacked by two masked men and she hasn't been the same since. Realizing that she needs to make a change and needing to regain a semblance of who she was has her picking up and moving. When she arrives at her destination and meets her new boss she isn't sure if she'll be able to handle it or not, you see Coop is a very ...more
Kari
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, kindle, for-review
Cooper's Charm is the first in a new contemporary romance series about a lakeside camping resort where anyone lucky enough can find a second chance. In this first one, Phoenix and her sister Ridley aren't looking for love, but they are looking for a place to start over and heal from their wounds. Cooper's Charm just might be the place to make it happen.

I loved this story. The characters were fun and likable. Cooper and Phoenix's relationship was so much fun to watch develop. It was a slow and su
Pam Nelson
I am a huge fan of Lori Foster but it has been a while since I have read a book by her. I devoured this book it felt like no time has passed since picking up my last Lori book.

She has a unique way of sucking you into the story and making it feel like it’s a movie being played out in front of your eyes.

This book had 2 love stories and who doesn’t love a 2 for 1 I sure don’t. Phoenix & Ridley are sisters who both have open wounds and Cooper’s Charm is the perfect place to heal.
Both were surpris
Amy
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cooper's Charm is the first book from the Love at the Resort series. It is, also, my first introduction to Lori Foster's work. I loved the main characters of Phoenix and Cooper. My favorite character would have to be that crazy Daron. He is so very funny. They were all fun to get to know. The book is full of delightful romance.
I give Cooper's Charm four stars.
I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.
Meagan Catherine
Lori Foster has done it again! Cooper's Charm has ever thing you could want in a good book-great characters, some drama, action, and of course some steamy scenes! ...more
Kathi Runyan
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Lori Foster books, the characters have sass and the sex is believable! Thanks for a great read.
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Cooper's Charm was a sweet, hot romance, in which two sisters needed some lovin' even if they were doing alright on their own.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
I really enjoyed Phoenix and what Cooper's Charm managed to help her do to get her life back on track. However, the fact that Ridley, Phoenix's sister also got her story in the same book made me a little bit sad. I would have enjoyed for each sister to have her full story - not a two-for-one at the
Kristen
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, romance, e-arc, 2018
In Lori Foster's Cooper's Charm, the first installment in the Love at the Resort Contemporary Romance series, this new series will charm you and make you find your second chance at love. For Phoenix Rose, she had suffered a horrible ordeal when she was robbed. That left her shattered and make her call off things with her fiancé David. Then she went to Cooper's Charm park in Ohio, when she needed to get away and start fresh in a new life. That's when she met Cooper Cochran, the owner of the park, ...more
Jess
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley, 2018
I received this book from HQN through netgalley I’m exchange for an honest review.

Cooper’s Charm is the first book in the Love at the Resort series. This story is essentially about two sisters, Ridley and Phoenix, and their journey to restart their lives after past trauma. Phoenix sets off and finds a camp ground where she applies to be the main groundskeeper and Cooper, the man who wins and operates the park, is happy to oblige. He knows what’s happened in Phoenix’s past and knows that he needs

• The Forever Girl (Wildstone, #6)
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • Almost Just Friends (Wildstone, #4)
  • The Summer Deal (Wildstone, #5)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Playing for Keeps (Heartbreaker Bay, #7)
  • Why Not Tonight (Happily Inc, #3)
  • Rainy Day Friends (Wildstone, #2)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Not Quite Over You (Happily Inc, #4)
  • Summer at Lake Haven (Haven Point, #11)
  • Happily This Christmas (Happily Inc, #6)
  • Hot Winter Nights (Heartbreaker Bay, #6)
  • A California Christmas (Silver Springs, #7)
  • Sisters by Choice (Blackberry Island, #4)
  • Mistletoe in Paradise (Wildstone, #5.5)
  • The Good Luck Sister (Wildstone, #1.5)
  • The Summer of Sunshine and Margot

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds from t

Summer Resort (2 books)
  • Sisters of Summer's End (Summer Resort #2)