Start by marking “Celebrity (Smart & Sassy in the City #1)” as Want to Read:
Celebrity (Smart & Sassy in the City #1)

Celebrity

(Smart & Sassy in the City #1)

THE JOURNEY OF A YOUNG WRITER WHO TRADES HER SIMPLE EXISTENCE IN CHICAGO FOR THE GLAMOROUS HOLLYWOOD LIFE, FULL OF LUXURY AND SCANDAL. AND WHERE THE GENERAL MOTTO IS "LIVE FAST, DIE YOUNG".

Published November 7th 2017 by Melinda De Ross Books

To ask other readers questions about Celebrity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Celebrity

Start your review of Celebrity (Smart & Sassy in the City #1)
Sophia
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a fun concept to write a story about how a previous story was a book and now a movie script in the current story. I've always been curious about how fame and fortune can have its effect on people so the plot of Celebrity had definite appeal and had a bit of the fairytale romance about it.

Celebrity is a story that I normally would have hesitated to pick up because I shy away from what I think of as romances with a 'glam' setting. However, I'm already a dedicated fan of the author's writing
Vida Sik
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first novel from this author that I read, and boy, what a fun read it was. Take a very likable female author, give her a dream "push" when her novel gets turned into a Hollywood movie, throw in a handsome actor and a creepy agent, and voila – you have a page-turner of a novel on your hands! Set against the backdrop of Tinseltown, this delightful romance contains the stuff that dreams are made of. I expected to read a bit more about the plot element that involved Kendra's agent, but ...more
Adriana
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
First read from this author for me and I really enjoyed it
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Celebrity is my favorite Melinda De Ross story to date. I loved the concept and the characters. It drew me in from the start and didn't let go. There were some unexpected twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat. Enjoyable story that I highly recommend.
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A romance with a twist

This is the first book that i have read by this author.
This was a great romance story with some twists that even had me gasping on shock!
At times i found the description a little off putting but it didnt defer me from the story.
Im eagerly going to continue to read more of this authors work!
Margaux Espinosa
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining!

What a great love story! Finding love is difficult enough without adding Hollywood stars and gossip tags to the mix! What a strong, smart woman, to be so unafraid to just pack up and start over all on her own, add in being a successful writer and I'm suitably impressed. That pushy agent of hers sets off all my spidey senses from the very start, I'm glad I got to read this story unfold and these great characters flourish.
Louis Cecile
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a lot going on in this book, which mimics what must be the hectic life of being a celebrity. There are many mini-plots and concepts thrown into the story that you can sometimes feel lost. Hoping for an added plot to be more developed. However, this is an interesting romantic story that also explores celebrity life.

In a funny way, it goes into the logistics of being granted instant fame. With a detailed analysis of the tedium of buying a home, shopping and having to keep engagements.

The
Coco.V
Sep 03, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (9/3/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Within twenty-four hours, Kendra Kensington’s life changes drastically. She lands a million dollar contract for her latest novel, now on the road to becoming a movie, catches her boyfriend in bed with another woman, and decides to move across the country from Chicago to California. But the City of Angels harbors more demons than she had imagined.
When she meets Blake Tyler, the famous movie star she’s secretly crushed on for years, she thinks her attempt to
K.D. Bloodworth
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Melinda is winning me over on romance novels. Never being a big fan, I find myself loving her writing style and her hot characters. I was taken by surprise of how the story was based on how another book was becoming a movie. Every author's dream. Why the Chicago girl wanted to move to California was a mystery to this Midwestern born woman and I feared she would be corrupted and spoiled. I wondered if dreams really can come true?
Emi Lia
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is always a pleasure reading Melinda's books, I love her writing style and her way with words. Looking forward to reading The Diary next.
Siren Allen
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, this is my favorite book by this author thus far. There are so many things I loved about the novel. First thing, the cover. All of her covers are beautiful, but this one is strikingly so.
Second, I love that the main character is an author who is getting her book made into a movie. The book that’s being made into the movie is one that I’ve read before. And it was written by this author. I love that!!
Every scene the author crafted felt real and I could actually see the heroine livin
Susanne Matthews
Every author's dream is to have a book they've written become a movie, and when Kendra's offered this opportunity, she embraces it. But uprooting yourself isn't any easier that letting go of preconceived notions and falling in love. Great story about self-discovery. Well done, Ms. De Ross.
Ana Koljanin
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5 out of 5 stars

I was captured from the first page. I know the book that was mentioned in ‘Celebrity’ so it wasn’t hard for me to understand and grasp what was behind. I didn’t have any picture behind two main characters in Kendra’s book that was made into a book.

Kendra moves to LA on her own but she has a support of her agent and soon, she meets friends as well. I liked how Kendra just took the matter in her own hands; for example, buying and renovating house completely. She even gets a dog a
Carole Mckee
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

The story is just such a feel-good romance with wonderful, well defined characters. I found myself rooting for Kendra's success in her career and in her love life. Being a writer myself, I just loved that she was living every writer's dream. Then she meets Blake. Handsome, charming, talented, and surprisingly humble, what's not to like. Or call in love with. I got great satisfaction out of Kendra's success and Richard's 'sour grapes.' Fantastic story. Loved it.
J Young
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book surprised me! I did not think a love story about a writer and a screen actor would catch my interest, but I was wrong. This book made for a fun afternoons read. I liked when the author introduced Duke into the storyline. It added a humane touch. I have not read other books by Melinda De Ross, but now I want to. I received a free copy but my review is voluntary.
Lauren Mayet
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this quick little read. I hope there is more to tue story of Blake and Kendra. Blake is dreamy as ever.....and yes he was added to the longest book boyfriend list ever.....

...Happy Reading!!!
InD'tale Magazine
“Celebrity” is an interesting, funny, and enjoyable story.

Read full review in the 2018 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Sandra Lopez
For Kendra, it wasn’t just the million dollar advance she was getting to turn her novel into a movie, it was the value and appreciation she would get for a writing a literary masterpiece. But then it hit her…What if the movie didn’t capture the same vision of the story and characters? Any author would care. After all, it was her story. That’s when she decided that she would be involved in every aspect of the film.

So she leaves her cheating boyfriend and heads for L.A. to fulfill a life-long drea
Amanda Williams
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While this was a pretty good read and a fantastic storyline personally for me I could not connect myself to the characters. Otherwise this book would have been a 5 star read for me.

That aside it is well worth a read and you'll be glad you picked it up.
Veron
Feb 18, 2020 marked it as couldn-t-finish
Four chapters in and “slalomed” through traffic three times. Oh goodness.
N
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
just made it to a 4
Elaine
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: american, fiction
Bubblegum buy enjoyable.

Didn't know what to expect as I had never heard of the author.
Was enjoyable and not too predictable.
Would recommend for a beach read.
Aric
Adam Barker
Jun 23, 2020
Anne De
Nov 10, 2017

• Tomboys Don't Kiss The Quarterback (How To Date A Tomboy Book 2)
  • When We Fall (Holy Oaks Series, #1)
  • My Know-It-All Nemesis (Sweet Mountain High, #2)
  • Just Friends: A Bayfield High Romance Book 5 (Bayfield High Series)
  • Hate to Love (Bayfield High #4)
  • Perfectly Clueless: A Bayfield High Romance Book 3 (Bayfield High Series)
  • Kiss and Make Up (Bayfield High #2)
  • Truth or Dare (Bayfield High #1)
  • Stuck
  • My Surprise Next Door: A Sweet YA Romance (Sweet Mountain High Book 4)
  • The Other Half of Augusta Hope
  • The Goodbye Boyfriend (Boyfriend #3)
  • The Stand-In Boyfriend (Boyfriend #5)
  • Beneath a Summer Sky
  • The Maybe Boyfriend (Boyfriend #6)
  • Popularity is Just an Equation
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
  • The Wrong Prom Date (The Wrong Match Book 3)
Melinda De Ross is a USA Today bestselling author of multi-genre fiction novels. A prolific writer, she weaves humorous romance and tension-filled thrillers with the same enthusiasm. Her books combine the elegance of European literature with the modern appeal of American culture. While she's a law graduate and professional target shooter, she prefers to spend her days spinning tales for her reader ...more

Smart & Sassy in the City (3 books)
  • Unabridged (Smart & Sassy in the City, #2)
  • Sacked!  (Smart & Sassy in the City, #3)