Start by marking “Riding Rough” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Riding Rough

Aria Cole

Riding Rough (Rough Rider #2)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  172 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Colt Sutherland has been to hell and back, from the day he was deployed to the desert to the one that nearly ended his life in an attack. Only one thing kept this soldier breathing, an angelic vision of a young woman with shiny blond hair and a smile that soothes the ache in his soul. The only girl to ever own his heart—the one that got away.

Back in his hometown, Colt fin
Published October 8th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Riding Rough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Riding Rough

Jemima
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ARC

what The hell did I just read?!

My expectation and reality were in two very very different spectrum!
I was expecting a book filled with frustration,angst and love... And all I got was sex. A lot of Sex!

This was basically me ⇓ A cross between ⇓

giphy (11)

And ⇓

giphy (21) HAHAHAHA!

I didn't love this book...i liked it. There just wasn't any depth in the storyline.
Elizabeth Neal
**Disclaimer: While this title can be read as a standalone, so highly recommend reading Rough Rider, book one, first as it features Colt's younger sister, Eden, and his best friend, Nash, as well as the backstory of Colt's injuries and his first meeting with his heroine, Raven.

Colt has been home for three months, well, Nash and Eden's home, since the IED that took his friend's life and almost his leg, ending his military career and leaving him struggling with PTSD. He knows staying with family,
Aria Cole
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
LIVE EARLY!!!!!!
Riding Rough: getBook.at/RidingRough
#CowboyALPHA #WoundedSoldier #SecondChanceRomance
Janice Somers
Great story of young love torn apart and reborn.
Colt has loved Caroline since the third grade. When she moved away he never heard from her again.
Years later after coming home from the war he, is staying with family and recovering from a war injury. The ranch is owned by, his best friend Nash, who is married to his sister. He helps around the farm and when he sees Raven, he feels something.
Raven, has moved to town to start up her Veterinary practice and one of her clients is the Circle C Ranch. S
C
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: totally-safe
3/5

-it is safe.
- It's implied, but not stated, that the H/h are both virgins, and that they've only ever kissed one another, wanted each other, knowing from a young age they were it.
-It may come off, and I thought this at first before realizing what Aria was doing, that H is pining for someone else, but trust me, that's not the case. It's 100% safe.
-No OW Drama
-HEA with epilogue
Jos
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Solid Stars
I really enjoyed it:) It was a super fast read with super insta everything! Me personally, I enjoyed the first book more!
Roanne Germaine
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
RIDING ROUGH is a sweet novella about a wounded soldier-turned-cowboy finding new love in his childhood hometown but haunted by the memories of his first love, Caroline, only to find out that Raven Wetherspoon was his angel from the start.

This book was was such a fantastic story! There was an element of thrill for both Raven and Colton, especially before they confirmed their true identities. And the rekindled romance between them was so scorching hot and explosive! FLOVED this book!

I have read
April Symes
This is a standalone story but is a follow up to Rough Rider—Riding Rough is the story of Eden’s older brother Colt . I would suggest reading book 1 to get the backstory first in order to understand book 2.
This is Colt and Raven’s story. Colt has been home for 3 months, ever since an IED took his friend's life and almost his leg while he was in the military and now he is home, trying to recover from the life threatening injuries that killed his military career. He now suffers from PTSD and is st
Adriane Leigh
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My filthy cowboy is LIVE EARLY!!!!!!

Riding Rough: getBook.at/RidingRough

#CowboyALPHA #WoundedSoldier #SecondChanceRomance

Colt Sutherland has been to hell and back, from the day he was deployed to the desert to the one that nearly ended his life in an attack. Only one thing kept this soldier breathing, an angelic vision of a young woman with shiny blond hair and a smile that soothes the ache in his soul. The only girl to ever own his heart--the one that got away.

Back in his hometown, Colt finds t
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, steam, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Rough Rider (Rough Rider #1)

This is Raven and Colt’s story. Colt almost lost his life while he was deployed. Now that he is back he is thinking of the past and how he wants his future to go. His first glimpse of Raven once he is home have him thinking about more than just getting to know her better. He wants her for the long haul. But
Lauren
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a fast paced, short romance. The passion, attraction and sexual chemistry between the hero and heroine was clear to see. My heart ached for Colt and what he went through. I truly wanted him and Raven to get their happily ever after.
I devoured this book within half an hour. From page one of this story I was drawn in. I liked Colt. I liked that Raven calmed/soothed something inside of him.
The chemistry between Raven and Colt was clear to see. I liked them as a couple and I liked whe
Linda Barrett
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Riding Rough is a sweet and sexy novella that will give you all the feels.
This story really captivated me and swept me along in swoonworthy ovaries exploding fun.
I absolutely love Colt Sutherland the wounded and grumpy soldier with a massive heart.
He truly is a sexy cowboy.
Raven Wetherspoon is sweet, sassy and an extremely talented vet.
They both feel a connection but do they know there actually each other's destiny.
You need to one click this beautiful story as soon as you can and get ready to sw
Shannon

3.5*
Another sweet, sexy little read from Aria Cole. We originally met Colt and Raven in Rough Rider, his sister Eden's story. Colt served a short stint in the military until suffering a career ending injury. Back home, he's staying with Eden and Nash when he runs into Raven, who's there on the farm boarding her horse. There's an instant connection between them, one that Colt doesn't understand.
Theirs is a cute second chance romance, more of a story of lost loves finding their way back to each o
Harim (The Reader Blog)
Oh my Goodness I don't even know where to begin.

I am a sucker for long lost loves and in this story Aria Cole so BEAUTIFULLY created the story of two people who have had past experiences ...

Our emotionally and physically bruised and battered hero. And the heroine who has been in search for her love that she lost a long time ago..

Aghhh this is so fricking sweet!

And the fact that just with one liners,Aria Cole has managed to give the entire history.. and ofcourse add on her ARIA COLE specialness
Vera M
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short and steamy read!!
Colt is a wounded soldier!! Grumpy as ever!! Full of pain!!
Raven is sweet caring woman!! She loves her horses!!
The chemistry between these two is smoking hot!!
They each feel like they've known each other forever!!
They are totally sweet!! Love these two!!
Fantastic story!!
Julz
Oct 16, 2017 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF
Astraycat
This story had potential: it would be better if the author told us more about their past. Felt like sth missing.
Katie Busch
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by Aria Cole. Quick and sexy read. Loved reading every second. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Nikki Reeves
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I really enjoyed book one, but I absolutely adored this book! Although this book can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading book one first because the stories intertwine, and we meet both Colt and Raven in book one.

Colt has been through so much recently. He suffered an injury overseas that sent him back home, his sister is now married to his best friend, and he lost the only girl that ever really made him feel anything. When Colt meets Raven, she awakens something inside of him th
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Colt Sutherland is home sooner than he expected. Adjusting back to normal life while recovering from his injury has been harder then he expected. It doesn't help that a certain raven haired lady has captivated him like no other.

Raven Wetherspoon has moved back after leaving so many years ago. She's feels pulled towards Colt and can't understand why until it hits her that he's the one she's fell for all those years ago.

The moment Colt gets his hands on Raven he knows she's 'the one'. But when he
Joann
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aria Cole does it again! The Sutherland family is just too hot for their own good! First Eden and Nash, and now Colt and Raven.
I knew I wanted Colt to have his slice of heaven, after what happened to him in Eden’s Book, but I had no idea how much until I saw him with Raven. Then, to see how they were actually connected from the past.... well, the ache was there for his happiness even more!
I loved how Aria weaved their past together, much like Eden and Nash’s, even if they weren’t totally sure ab
Tessa
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantasic and quick! Perfect for bedtime.

Another sexy and sensual cowboy story! I instantly fell in love with Colt. He’s a cowboy, he’s sexy and he has a story that went straight to my heart. He’s never forgotten the blonde angel from his childhood. She’s the one who kept him grounded during his fighting and deployment. Now he’s back home and a new angel has caught attention. Raven sure does enjoy the view at the ranch where she boards her horse. The strong arms and tight jeans of the cowboy tha
Teresa
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Colt Sutherland is a man who knows what he wants and isn't afraid to take it! He's slowly recovering from his injuries sustained while serving in the army and he's finally ready to go after his hearts desire.

Raven has reinvented herself since her teenage years but she still pining for a lost love.

Colt is uber alpha, I found him a little to coarse but he certainly knows how to talk dirty! Raven falls under his spell and certainly reaps the benefits.

This is quite a short story and gets to the poi
Jacey Jeffrey
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this latest story by Aria Cole. Now while this can be read as a standalone I highly recommend reading the book Rough Rider first. This is the story of Raven and Colt. Colt just left the military after an IED almost took his life and took the life of his friend. Raven is the person who works with the horses. They begin to work with each other and he feels an instant connection with her like he has known her forever. Raven is holding back a huge secret...one that could shake the ...more
Konny
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riding Rough by Aria Cole is a quick, steamy and hot read.
Riding Rough is the second book in the Rough Rider Series. Book one, Rough Rider, is the story of Nash and Eden.
Colt Sutherland is Edens brother. Hes a soldier and was to hell and back. He has deep scars on body and soul. Now hes back and lives at Circle C Ranch with his sister and brother-in-law.
There he meets Raven Wetherspoon and he thinks shes somehow familiar.
Hes smitten with her and wants her. Can she heal his wounded heart ?
This st
Momma Hellmouth
My Review of Riding Rough (Rough Rider #2)
by Aria Cole
My Rating 3 Stars
This was a short, but sweet novella perfect reading for your lunch hour, and a first for me from this author.
Young love, War injured veteran and a long lost love, Colt thought he would never see again. Veterinary medicine brings Raven out to the Circle C Ranch to care for the animals and the surprise that is there makes this a very sweet read. There isn’t any angst or drama just pure sweet romance within these pages.
** I vo
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Sexy. Sweet. Insta-delicious. Aria Cole is simply amazing. I know what to expect when I pick up her stories. Her books are short, safe, and incredibly hot. I love the easiness of her words and the swooniness of her alpha males.

He may be wounded but she's going to heal his heart.

Riding Rough was so so good. Raven and Cole lit up my kindle and had my heart sighing with love. Their chemistry was undeniable and the sparks were electric.

You can't go wrong with Aria. Pick up the perfect bedtim
Stacy
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hello! Aria Cole junkie here, yep I read this book in one sitting as well, and yes I went to work the next morning highly caffeinated. Again, don't judge me.

Again, this book had a cowboy in it, so of course, I was going to binge read this book. Plus it was Eden's brother. No, you don't have to read Rough Rider to know what is going on. This is a complete stand-alone and it was a super sweet book. I love books that involve long lost loves. They are always the sweetest stories, and Colt and Eden w
melanie
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms Cole has done it again. Her characters just reach out and grab you.
Raven was so sweet and she was so into Colt. The chemistry between them was HOT and sweet at the same time.
Colton was a man that had just came back from war and was wanting peace.
Would he find it in Raven ?? And would Raven find her home in Colton??
Read this book and find out you will not be disappointed.
Melinda  Parker
3.5 Stars

Past ghosts seem to haunt Colt not only in his dreams but in reality as well. There's something about the woman named Raven that drifts endlessly through his thoughts. And Raven feels a pull to Colt...is he the one that she left behind?
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Aria Cole is a thirty-something housewife who once felt bad for reading dirty books late at night, until she decided to write her own. Possessive alpha men and the sassy heroines who love them are common, along with a healthy dose of irresistible insta-love and happily ever afters so sweet your teeth may ache.

For a safe, off-the-charts HOT, and always HEA story that doesn't take a lifetime to rea
More about Aria Cole...