Start by marking “Five Minutes Longer (Enhanced, #1)” as Want to Read:
Five Minutes Longer (Enhanced, #1)

Five Minutes Longer

(Enhanced #1)

Talon Valdez knew when he transformed into an enhanced human, his life and his dreams were finished. Reviled, mistrusted, and often locked away, the enhanced were viewed as monsters, despised by the public, and never trusted to serve in the military or any law enforcement agency.

Years later he gets a chance to set up a task force of enhanced to serve in the FBI, but with
Audible Audio
Published September 25th 2017 by Dreamspinner Press (first published December 2nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Five Minutes Longer, please sign up.
Victoria Yes, The second book with the publisher now. Thanks for asking :)

Start your review of Five Minutes Longer (Enhanced, #1)
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

Enhanced humans are feared. They get their mark as children and with the mark comes supernatural abilities that differ from each other in many forms. Since they are feared by most that means these children are usually kicked out of their homes and are taken to a home for enhanced children. But some parents (not many) look past the mark and still see their child and learn to live with their children's new abilities.

This had a semblance of Charlie Crochet's series, THIRDS. I think that
Simone
Re-read June 2017: still as good as the first time!
----------------------------------------
It was love at first sight…

Umm, no, I am not referring to the two main characters, but to me and this book.

It was so insta-cover-love!!! Yeah, I know, but I could not help myself. My eyes zoomed in on this book as soon as it popped up on the publisher site. Add the blurb to the mix and all I thought was ‘Yes, please! Give it to meeeeee!’

Now you just have to imagine me wiggling my grabby fingers and
Shin Mon Thway
Why did I wait so long to listen this delightful book? Guys, the hype is legit! I love this new series of Victoria Sue. How come she rocks in every sub genre when it comes to MM romance? I discovered her with her ABO books which I loved and gushed over several times, and I loved her contemporary “Rainbow Cove” series and damn, I loved this urban fantasy, sci-fi book! The world building is simply refreshing and fascinating.

Talon is an enhanced, a human with special abilities most normal
Susan
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know you really love a book when you're rereading it only one month after you've first read it...

-----------------------------

This really reminded me of THIRDS. This is not a complaint, since I don’t need a ‘new formula’ every time to enjoy my books (but I do think that fans of THIRDS will enjoy this too). I really liked this, especially because this had the most lovely hurt/comfort.

Finn is a 24 year old guy who has always had one goal since he was 14 years old, and that was to join
Wendy
4.5-star-rating.png (938×189)

This book really took my by surprise. I absolutely loved it !!!

788216.gif (500×279)

Guess I am a huge sucker for badass men with superpowers !! This book kind of reminded me of the "Thirds" series, though it was completely different. For one...it's not about shifters... It's about "Enhanced Humans"

What are "Enhanced Humans" you say ??

Wait-say-what-GIF.gif (500×358)

Well they are boys, who have yet to hit puberty, who wake up one day, with a special ability (think X-men) and a mark on their face. There aren't very many enhanced around ,and the
Deborah
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4.5*

I really really enjoyed this one and this review is going to be short so I can move straight onto the next book.

The world that’s been created here has enhanced humans. Not the first book I’ve read with this but the difference here and what makes it really interesting is regular humans go to bed and wake up enhanced.
No one has any idea why or how, there seems to be no determining factor.
A mark on their cheek distinguishes all of them. Special abilities appear along with the mark.
But the
Line
I'm gonna have to take a star of for Talon's back-and-forth and inability to apologize for his shitty behaviour.
Finn was EPIC, except for his sort of doormat-tendencies when it came to Talon.
Otherwise fantastic mystery-'shifter'-romance!!
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
3.75 Hearts

Great start to a series?

I'm not sure if this is going to be one or not but the foundation has certainly been laid with Five Minutes Longer. We're introduced to an AU which contains enhanced humans confined to the US. Why only the US? No one knows. Also intriguing is why certain people become enhanced to begin with; it's something that crops up in childhood, usually prior to puberty. I'm not sure if it's solely a male phenomenon or not but there is never any mention of a girl waking
Dia
3 stars

I liked this one, even if it took me a while to warm up on the characters.

I'm not a fan of paranormal stories, but I picked this one because the blurb was so promising and most of my friends loved it.

This was my first book by this author and mostly I enjoyed the writing. But I would have wanted more hot scenes.

This story is interesting enough. I like characters with supernatural abilities, but when it comes to the relationship between our main characters, I just wanted more.

Talon is
Lorraine Lesar
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it so much that I'm going to marry the author!
Full review to follow on Blog.
Threebooksovertherainbow.wordpress.com
Jenni Lea
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy

Second read July 2017. Still love it!

****************************

Oh, look. JL just found a new author to stalk fangirl over.

I loved this!

More to come...
Karen
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars rounded down to 4 because still no 1/2 stars here on GR and while I loved this one it didn't wasn't quite 5 star for me but definitely awesome and worth reading.

I need a H.E.R.O. I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night...

I'm not really sure what I can add to the already wonderful reviews that are out there but I'm going to try...so here goes nothing...

First thing I'm going to do is link you all to the song that's been bouncing around in my brain since this book...
Christelle
**3.5 stars**
First part of the “Enhanced” series. I was in a mood for “superheroes” and decided to give it a try.

For the past decades, an uncommon phenomenon has occurred : some kids suddenly wake up with a scar and enhanced abilities. They have their detractors and supporters. Cautiously, the FBI has decided to put up a team with a mix of enhanced and regular humans. Talon is the leader of this team and so far has rejected all the regular human prospects. Until Finn makes his appearance.
Finn’s
Lyn
I mostly enjoyed this and the whole enhanced human concept is really cool. I love the X-men so anything with that kind of vibe will pull me in. I wasn’t thrilled with Talon though. His hot and cold attitude towards Finn was a turn off. He should have been made to grovel. I’m hoping he is less of an asshole in book 2.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

*3.5 stars*

I'm always looking out for new paranormal/sci-fi series, and Five Minutes Longer caught my eye. It's really more of a superhero-type of story, sort of X-Men-ish crossed with A THIRDS book (Hell & High Water), which worked for me.

I LOVE me a virgin hero, and Finn was a sexually inexperienced, closeted, driven guy determined to be in the FBI. I wish there was a little more building of the sexual tension before things became all bow-chica-wow-wow, but I still enjoyed the sexual
Leaundra
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good. The whole concept was so interesting and I got a superhero vibe the whole time I was reading it. Too much goes on for me to explain it. There are people who can do it much better. I loved Finn, Talon and the whole team. I'm assuming this isn't going to be the only book. If it is going to be a series it's going to be good. This is my first book by this author and I love when I love a book when reading an author for the first time. Once again I loved it...
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars!!

I can totally see why this is a well liked book and hence, a well liked series.

This appeals to all I love about the genre. You’ve got law enforcement heroes, not so gentle giants in the form of genetically enhanced everything (unf), and an endearing wonderful protagonist with a heart of gold.

Suffice it to say in this harsh world of bigotry, prejudice, and quite honestly, lots of injustice, there’s a bright light shining in the form of Finn. He may be a brand new newbie to the FBI, but
Skye Kilaen
Jun 19, 2019 marked it as no-thank-you  ·  review of another edition
You're not qualified to write U.S.-based M/M romance if you're unaware of Ronald Reagan's role in killing so many gay men during the AIDS crisis. End of story. And this makes me regret ever spending money with this publisher, too, because what the hell: https://twitter.com/devinharnois/stat...
Diana
Oct 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, m-m
Trio
Well that was a bit disappointing. The plot reminded me too much of other series I love (most notably the THIRDS and PsyCop) but I didn't feel the author really pulled it off. I didn't buy the concept of the 'enhanced' - and I definitely didn't buy the attraction between Finn and Talon. The whole thing was formulaic and predictable.

My first time reading this author and I doubt I'd look for more by her.

Re the audio - Nick J. Russo delivered a pretty standard performance, just what I expect from
Shile

This book reminded me of THIRDS. But that did not bother me, I still liked it, I am a huge fan of superheroes.

I loved Finn he was sweet, determined and just lovely. Talon, well let’s just say he really frustrated me the way he treated Finn , he should have had to grovel like on his knees.

The rest of the team I Loved.... Gael, Vance, Sawyer and Eli were amazing secondary characters.

There were some smexy scenes which I liked.
Fabi
Great M/M PNR

Great writing. Great characters. Great story. Not too angsty or melodramatic. I have nothing to complain about. It's the perfect story to take a break with.
Meags
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Charlie Cochet's THIRDS series
4.5 Stars

Five Minutes Longer is like the reading equivalent of watching a quality Hollywood blockbuster. It has some questionable plot moments, sure, but overall it is so jam-packed with fun and thrills that I found myself consumed by the sheer entertainment value of it all.

This story is an amalgamation of so many of my favourite genres and tropes. It is an M/M romance set in an awesomely imagined science-fiction world, with elements of action, mystery and suspense, and just enough drama to
Natalia
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really excited for the next one!!
Melissa
Warning, the below might come off as a ranty review which might give you the impression I didn't enjoy the story. Let me reassure you, I did enjoy this 3 stars worth and I do indeed look forward to reading the rest of the series. I don't even feel the need to return the book, which if I actually hated it, I would be all over. Since I did enjoy it I will be keeping this and looking for the next. :) Read on only if you dare.

(view spoiler)
BWT (Belen)
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars rounded up!

Five Minutes Longer was a thrill ride! Action-packed from almost the beginning, so much happens to these characters and the story takes place in less that two weeks! There is strong pace that doesn't let up, some sexy times, and the beginning of a romance between human Finn and enhanced Talon.

Mostly I was really happy this was told in a dual POV, because without it I might have really hated Talon based on his actions. But for real though? I just felt bad for Finn in this.
Anja
3.5 Stars!

This was a solid, fast-paced and action driven book that I read in one sitting! I really liked Finn and the other members of the team, especially Vance and Gael were awesome! Unfortunately, I felt they were more interesting than Talon, who was an asshole towards Finn and only got his head out of said ass towards the end, so the romance was a bit lacking for me. But I'm hoping this will be rectified in the sequel!
I love the concept of the enhanced humans and their abilities and the
BR11
3 and 1/2 stars
This is an X-men kinda plot, with "enhanced" or gifted humans that have extraordinary abilities.
The FBI is trying to form a team, mixing enhanced and regulars. Finn is the 5th regular they try to make part of the team. So far they have been unsuccessful because the 5 enhanced members really don't want a regular among them.
But Finn fits just right with his quiet demeanor and acceptance. Also there is an attraction between him and Talon, the leader of the enhanced team, that they
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 4.5
Audio Book: Nick J. Russo 4.5
Book Cover: 4

I finally did it! Yeah Me!

So there’s no time in my current going on’s for long reviews and all the great picks this deserves. I just loved it. Talon was such an ass at times and you know what? I loved him even more for it if it makes sense. He has FLAVES! He’s far from perfect and that makes him more endearing to me.

LOVE Finn!!! I just want to hug him to death and I can’t wait for the rest of the team’s stories!

This really just
haletostilinski

description

I think this was case of "It's not you, it's me." Meaning, that the writing wasn't particularly bad overall, and the story had interesting and engaging elements to it that had potential for me. But overall it just didn't do it for me.

First it was just...Talon and Finn didn't have any chemistry together. Talon was an asshole but I thought that would make for an interesting dynamic between these two (I love where one's an asshole, realizes the error of their ways and totally falls for
Series Update - 1 17 Dec 10, 2016 05:31AM

• In the Wreckage (Metahuman Files, #1)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • In the Ruins (Metahuman Files, #2)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • P.S. I Spook You (The Spectral Files, #1)
  • Love in Spades (Four Kings Security, #1)
  • All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)
  • Smoke & Mirrors (THIRDS, #7)
  • Not Dead Yet (Not Dead Yet #1)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
  • Rise & Fall (THIRDS, #4)
  • In the Shadows (Metahuman Files, #3)
  • Blood & Thunder (THIRDS, #2)
  • In the Blood (Metahuman Files, #4)
  • Fit to be Tied (Marshals, #2)
  • Hell & High Water (THIRDS, #1)

Victoria Sue fell in love with love stories as a child when she would hide away with her mom’s library books and dream of the dashing hero coming to rescue her from math homework. She never mastered math but never stopped loving her heroes and decided to give them the happy ever afters they fight so hard for.
She loves reading and writing about gorgeous boys loving each other the best—and creating

Enhanced (4 books)
  • Who We Truly Are (Enhanced, #2)
  • Beneath This Mask (Enhanced, #3)
  • The Strength of His Heart (Enhanced #4)
“Talon’s smile flashed across his face, and he chuckled. “You’re injuries.”
Finn looked up. “So make me feel better?” He held his breath as Talon looked at him, astonished. To be honest Finn was shocking the hell out of himself as well. “I mean,” Finn continued, deciding to go for broke, “you’re my team leader. Don’t you have to check all my injuries?”
“You hurt your dick?” Talon drawled.
Finn swallowed, drawn to Talon’s full lips. “It’s very painful. I think you ought to check it out.”
0 likes