Start by marking “FULL DARK: An Anthology” as Want to Read:
FULL DARK: An Anthology

FULL DARK: An Anthology

What happens in the dark will come to light.

FULL DARK is a collection of eleven short works with impressive depth and range. Twisted tales of ghosts, villains, and the paranormal await you—mystery, heinous fantasy, and pure suspense. Acclaimed and award-winning authors as well as a few talented newcomers have joined forces to be your guide. Venture into the dark if you dar
Published October 25th 2017 by Obsidian Books

To ask other readers questions about FULL DARK, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about FULL DARK

Start your review of FULL DARK: An Anthology
Krystal Jane
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anthologies
Okay, seriously. I really enjoyed the crap out of this! Out of 11 stories, I only really didn't take too much to three. None of them were bad in the least, I think it's just personal taste. Just about all of them were super enjoyable and super fun. And for an anthology promising dark stories, it definitely delivered!

I took some notes as I read, so here are my thoughts about each story. I didn't mention the plots because it's so hard with short stories to mention anything specific without giving
Michelle
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know what I really loved about this collection? The stories were diverse... and not of the blood and gore variety but more creepy and thought-provoking, leaving you wondering about the plot or character for a while thereafter.
When it comes to horror, I'm a scaredy cat. But this collection has me eager to read more of this brand of dark tales.
... there's hope for me yet.
Crystal Collier
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
With an anthology, you never know what you're going to get. You may love one story, only to hate the next. You may smile and chuckle, then turn the page and cringe in disgust. I suppose that's what makes an anthology so much fun, and this one definitely sparked a full spectrum of emotional reactions. Without reservation, I can say this is a collection I would recommend. It's a quick, easy read with everything from moments of laughter to horror, magic to murder, sweetness to surprises. I enjoyed ...more
C. McKenzie
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full Dark is an anthology of short stories for a wide reading audience. The eleven tales range from urban fantasy to sci-fi to contemporary realistic.

Since each author has a style of his own and each story is unique, it’s difficult to evaluate them as a whole. Some stories I enjoyed more than others, and I imagine each reader will choose a different set of favorites.

Loni Townsend’s Just A Matter of Time has an upbeat and spunky MC with a mission that’s very familiar as is the theme, but her take
Karla
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I looooove the dark, eerie, creepy and mysterious. This anthology did not disappoint, giving us stories that fulfill these qualities at all areas of the spectrum. I honestly got chills reading some of these stories. Others stayed with me long after I read them and I kept bringing them up to my fiance. This is a really good read if you want a little "ah!" every now and then. Or all at once.
Annalisa Crawford
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fantastically creepy, lingering collection of stories by eleven brilliant authors - several made me shudder at the end and the twists were unexpected. Only in a couple did I guess where the author was taking me. There is a good mix of adventure, dark, light and flat out scary!

All of these stories were rounded and absorbing, but the two that stood out for me were Forerunner and Taking Care of You - stunning pieces, in very different ways.
Tonja Drecker
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
As a contributing author, I'm obviously thrilled by the release of this anthology.
As a reader, I enjoyed it immensely. Each story offers something completely different, but each has a dark twist of some kind. Some left me thinking, and others were a complete surprise. Some were dark and chilling, others more light. A few stories are very short (can be read within a few minutes), while others are great for a short read before bed. In other words, there's something for everyone and the range is s
Ellen
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
Anthologies are a like cocktail parties where you get to mix and mingle, meet new authors, and have interesting conversations. You know that you've been to a good party, when your head is buzzing afterwards and you hope to meet your fellow guests again soon. In the case of 'Full Dark,' the party was a complete success. All of the authors are extremely talented, their stories kept me engaged and left me wanting more. The anthology consists of eleven haunting stories, each with their own unique tw ...more
Kelley Thibodeau
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Full Dark is an anthology with a cause. It starts with a date and ends with retribution. Loni Townsend’s short story caused me to gasp with the twist, and several of the other stories draw me into their worlds. Many I would like to read as beefed up novellas or novels. Did I love every story? No, but there are enough in this that I’d read again. For the short story lover and supporter of Gary Sinise’s activities, this anthology is worth it!
Susan Swiderski
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a terrific smorgasbord of fast-reading stories guaranteed to please even the pickiest of readers. Will every single reader love every single story? Of course not, but that's no reflection on the writing. Just as some people reach for the chicken and steak on the buffet line and turn up their noses at lobster and crab, (For Heaven's sake!) readers will naturally gravitate toward some stories more than others. But every single one of these stories is well-written and engaging. (And for tho ...more
D.A. Cairns
Sep 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
A pretty much flawless collection of horror tales ranging from the lightweight with a twist, like Meringue, Murder or Marzipan (one one of my favourites) to the very heavy such as Shadows Falling on Rainbows (not one of my favourites but a good well written story nonetheless).

I would have enjoyed this collection more if it was themed, and if more of the stories had punch. I didn't really feel anything much when reading the stories except for Soul Coin, (my number one pick from this anthology).

S
Lynda Dietz
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You never know what you're getting with an anthology. At the very least, you will get one great story everyone loves and the rest are so-so. Full Dark has all winners. The best of the stories had me wanting more, and wanting to look up that author's other books, and the least of the stories still left me satisfied. Well worth the read!

Juneta Key
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed these sci-fi and fantasy stories. They were varied and different. I like some better than others but enjoyed them all. Great reading if you have a short amount of time or waiting like at a doctors office. Definitely, recommend.
Lisa Buie-Collard
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Deborah
rated it did not like it
Oct 15, 2018
David King
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
John Craven
Oct 19, 2018
Glenda
Oct 08, 2018
Carrie
Oct 03, 2017 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: dark, suspence
Elizabeth Seckman
Oct 03, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Donna Weaver
Oct 03, 2017
Nick Wilford
Oct 03, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Loni
Oct 04, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: anthologies
Karen Whalen
Nov 29, 2017
Ummmohd75
Jan 24, 2018
Native Texan Melissa Maygrove is a mother, nurse, freelance editor, and romance writer. When she's not busy caring for her tiny nursery patients or shuttling teenagers back and forth to after-school activities, she's hunched over her laptop, complicating the lives of her imaginary friends and playing matchmaker. Melissa loves books with unpretentious characters and unforgettable romance, and she s ...more

News & Interviews