Start by marking “Broken Promise (Sons of Broad #3)” as Want to Read:
Broken Promise (Sons of Broad #3)

Broken Promise

(Sons of Broad #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  257 ratings  ·  197 reviews
In this next novel in the explosive, brand-new romantic suspense Sons of Broad series from Tara Thomas comes a novel of deadly secrets and hidden danger. In the sultry streets of Charleston, one family, ruled by its powerful, take-no-prisoners sons, has risen to the top. But a merciless enemy is out to destroy them…and everyone they hold close…

Exclusive bonus content avail
Mass Market Paperback, 277 pages
Published June 26th 2018 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Broken Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Promise

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Broken Promise (Sons of Broad #3)
Carrie
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Broken Promise by Tara Thomas is the third and final book in the romantic suspense Sons of Broad series. There were also three prequel novellas that helped open up the series before the full length novels began. Each of the books switches the main characters/couple but the overall story has been built from the very beginning so it really is best to read the series in order.

This third book centers around the oldest of the three Benedict brothers that have been the center of the series. Kipling is
Debbie Oliphant
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. This is the third installment of the Sons of Broad series and this book required the previous books to feel engaged with the storyline. While I was able to read this in one sitting, and the pace of the content was continual, it felt disjointed at times.

The story revolves around the Benedict brothers and Kipling is the center of this book. He is a confirmed bachelor who wants to figure out the events that have happened to his family but soon ne
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it

3.5 Stars

I enjoyed this one quite a lot. In fact, I think it may be my favorite of the series. We finally find out the identity of the "Gentleman" and all the "hows & whys" of it all. Both Kipling <--- god awful name BTW. Every time I read it all I could think of was a kipper (lol), and Alyssa were likable main characters. I continued to like Jade as well, and I really hope we see a novella featuring her HEA at some point.

description

That said, I had a couple of issues that lowered my rating a bit. Both to
Beatrice Masaluñga
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, arc
Thank you St. Martin's Press for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

We're down on the last book of Sons of Broad series and I'm thrilled how this ends because I want to know who's The Gentleman. This book is about the eldest Benedict brother, Kipling Benedict and Officer Alyssa Adams. These two buttheads each time they meet and now they're on the same side to find a closure to their love ones who'd been murdered and believe The Gentleman is behind of it all.

Secrets were reveale
Beth
Slow growing plot that is finally coming to a head with lots of build up and heat between two characters that were at odds. A little heavy on the romance, a little light on the suspense.

I received this ARC copy of Broken Promise from St. Martin's Press. This is my honest and voluntary review. Broken Promise is set for publication June 26, 2018.

My Rating: 3.5 stars
Written by: Tara Thomas
Series: Sons of Broad
Sequence in Series: Book 3
Mass Market Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperb
Melanie
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Broken Promise was a thrilling and action-packed conclusion to the Sons of Broad series and I really enjoyed it!

Officer Alyssa Adams made a vow to protect the women of Charleston and that she would one day find out what happened to her older sister ten years ago. After more and more of her cases become entangled with the Benedicts, Alyssa knows she should stay away from Kipling, the eldest Benedict son. But when Kipling’s long-lost sibling is kidnapped, the two must work together to find the cul
Betül
**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**

description

Broken Promises is the third and final book in the romantic suspense Sons of Broad series. This series got better each book and I am really happy how the author finished it. I think the main reason I enjoyed this book more than the previous ones are the characters. They were adults and acted in a way that made sense. Alyssa is a police officer and her behavior reflected her profession. Kipling is the oldest brother and is very protect
Sophia
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third and final installment of the Sons of Broad romantic suspense series was one I was convinced would easily be the best of the series for me. And, it was. Not just because it held all the answers and was the big finale, but because I've been anticipating this romance pair since they were introduced and the sparks started flying.

Broken Promise is the third book in a trilogy that is all one story with the limelight going to each of the Benedict Brothers and the ladies in their lives. It is
Minx
Broken Promise is the third book in the Sons of Broad series and it was such a good read. I knew that the story was going to be a romantic storyline between Charleston Police Officer Alyssa Adams and the eldest Benedict brother, Kipling, but the suspense was quite spot on in this installment and that was lovely. It had plenty of twists and turns to keep me wondering what was going to happen next. So, for me, this story was a true romantic suspense story and that was exactly what I was looking fo ...more
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
I received a free ARC from the publisher.

Broken Promise ended this series with some excitement, and I enjoyed it. I never felt fully involved, though, and I think that's partly because the pace was very slow in places. Also, there were quite a bit of grammatical errors that made my reading flow difficult. Hopefully those errors will not be in the final version.
I also think that this author's writing just doesn't really work for me - the story was good, as it was in the previous books as
Sofia Lazaridou
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The final book in the series is finally here and I couldn't be more happy about it. Finally, we get to see who the gentleman is and why he is killing people and is after the Benedict family. His mind is sick and I am surprised no one found out what a monster we truly was before his identity was revealed in this book. He went cuckoo a long time ago, but you will see more of that when he reveals everything in this book.

For most of this book, I was worried about Jade and her fate. I ended up liking
Linda Zagon
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it
My Review of “Broken Promise” by Tara Thomas, St. Martin’s Press June 26, 208

The Genres for “Broken Promise” by Tara Thomas are Fiction and Romantic Suspense. This is the third in the Sons of Broad Series. I would suggest that you read the other books, so that you understand this novel better.

The author describes her characters as complicated and complex. Charleston Police Officer Alyssa Adams has made a promise to protect women from harm. Alyssa has a dark secret that she is looking for answers
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Broken Promise by Tara Thomas is book three in the Sons of Broad series. This book does need to be read in order I feel to full enjoy this book and the series. With this book we continue the love story of Ashley and Kipling along with finding out who the 'Gentleman' was.
This has been a good mystery series with a underlining romance story going on.

Wendy LeGrand
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Broken Promise is book 3 in the Sons of Broad series by Tara Thomas, and it finally brings us the answers we've been waiting for from the start. The Benedict family and those close to them have been targeted and terrorized by the Mysterious "Gentleman" all through this series, with no clue as to why. Through a series of flashback information, we find out who The Gentleman is, and how he came to be what he is today.

Book 3 focuses on the eldest Benedict brother, Kipling and police office Alyssa A
Paige
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a thrilling conclusion to the Sons of Broad series! This is the third book of a romantic suspense trilogy focusing on the influential Benedict family. This book highlights Kipling, the oldest brother, and police officer Alyssa Adams, and their steamy relationship as they face the evil and mysterious adversary, The Gentleman.

I enjoyed the previous two books and recommend that this series be read in order because key information is revealed throughout the series as the mystery and suspen
Sandy S
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars--

About the book: Release Date June 26, 2018

SHE SWORE TO KEEP HER PROMISES.

BUT CAN SHE KEEP THEM SAFE…AND PROTECT HER HEART?

Charleston Police
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Copy received via Netgalley for as honest review

This is the final book in the Sons of Broad, however when I requested this book I wasn't aware that this was book 3, so you will need to read the other books first, as I felt that I was missing a lot - and that is nobody's fault but my own.

I enjoyed the writing, the story flowed and was very action packed. I adored the relationship between the brothers (again though, I know I was missing so much) and love their commitment t0 family.

For me though, I
Kim
books are love
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

I was waiting for Kipling’s story and wasn’t disappointed.

Kipling is the oldest Benedict brother and when you first read about him he seems really cold and distant but he is the opposite. In fact he is smart, sexy and generous. When he learns of Jade there is no anger towards her but wanting to know her. The only person that throws him is Alyssa. She is someone he is insanely attracted to and wants but doesn’t have. In this book, they are in a race of the
Avid Reader
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Broken Promise (Sons of Broad #3) by Tara Thomas
M/F Thriller, Romance
Triggers: Kidnapping, Murder, Torture
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This is the third book in the series and I would suggest that you read the previous books in the series or else you might feel lost. There is a lot that happens in them and you might not understand the whole plot without having read them.

Kipling was not my favorite character in the previous books. He seemed hard and without
Vikki Vaught
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Sons of Broad series, and I enjoyed Broken Promise a great deal. I had eagerly waited for this conclusion of this series. I received a digital ARC from the publisher, via Net Galley, with the promise to read and review in advance of publication. My opinions are my own and are not influenced by that fact.

Broken Promise is a fast-paced, exciting read. While it doesn’t meet the traditional criteria for a romance, it definitely does as a thriller. I totally enjoyed the
Arys
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Broken Promise by Tara Thomas is Sons of Broad #3. This story picks up where the past two books left off and they really should be read first. Knowing that it is no surprise that this is Kipling Benedict and Officer Alyssa Adams story. This has been a long time coming with hints throughout the previous books. The witty banter and battles between Alyssa and Kipling continue but more has developed between them. We get more of Alyssa's story as we continue to find out about the Benedicts, Jade, and ...more
Sally
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
Broken Promise by Tara Thomas is the third and final book in the romantic suspense Sons of Broad Trilogy set in Charleston, South Carolina. This book highlights Kipling, the oldest brother, and police detective Alyssa Adams. They have history, not really that pleasant history, but there is an undeniable attraction as well. Alyssa is the only one he can turn to when his half-sister is kidnapped. What follows is another gritty, suspenseful, fast-paced story in a gritty, suspenseful, fast-paced ser ...more
Pennie Morgan
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the final book in this series of full length and novellas and definitely is NOT a standalone. The author does a good job of tying together the trailing strings from the series and we find out the identity of The Guardian and the back story of how and why everything came about. This story pairs up the oldest Benedict son, Kipling, and even though in the previous stories he has been brash and hard to get to know he has a playful side and Alyssa brings that out in him. Alyssa has been pursu ...more
Erin Lewis
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review Broken Promise (Sons of Broad #3) by Tara Thomas

Tara Thomas is a new author to me. I had no idea going into reading Broken Promise that this was book three and the final book in the trilogy. I do believe that this is a series that needs to be read in order as I was a lost whilst reading, not knowing the back story that had occurred in books 1 and 2.

I really liked the characters of Alyssa Adams and Kipling Benedict. Running for their lives, whilst trying to track down a missing sibl
Bette Hansen
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third and final book in the Sons of Broad series and the conclusion to the mystery that has been building throughout the entire series. The author does a good job of getting us up to date but I do recommend you read these books in order to get the full effect of the mystery build up. The identity of "The Gentleman" is finally revealed as is his motivating factors for the things he does. Jade's circumstances are also fully explained so everything gets wrapped up nicely. We also get ca ...more
cupcakes and bookshelves
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgallery
I read the first book in this series, not the second yet so going into the third was a little bit of a leap, but not so confusing that I was lost because I wasn't. This last book was such a great suspense romance hot, tense and twisty just the way I like them. I enjoyed the writing and characters, with lots of action and adventure and it definitely makes me want to read book#2 even though I might already know the answers.

*ARC kindly given by NetGallery in exchange for an honest review, thankies
Lisa
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a heart-pounding, action-packed, wild ride. Broken Promise is the first book I've read by Tara Thomas. I really liked the way it flowed, and getting flashbacks into the bad guy's past. My only negative was that I did not realize this was part of a series when I started to read it. I did feel confused a couple times, but mostly was able to read it as a stand alone. I did like it enough to want to read the other books and more from her in the future. It also is a love story, which is ...more
Heather
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This is the final installment of the Sons of Broad series and in my opinion probably the best of the series. All of the books featured their own couple as the main characters and each couple faced danger in that book. While we knew that the danger was being inflicted by the "Gentleman," it isn't until this book that his identity and motive are revealed. Plus we finally see Alyssa and Kipling act on their mutual attraction that was evident in all of the other books. While I did like this book the ...more
Pelusa Rivera
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..(netgalley) I have to say that this book was my favorite of the bunch, we finally finally got some answers. And while I had wondered about this character before, since it was barely mentioned I discarded this individual. What I liked about this book, was the going into the past and why this person did what they did. And I am glad that we got an HEA and everyone and everything was tied neatly in a knot..
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Deep Cover (Love Over Duty, #3)
  • Dagger's Edge (Brute Force #2)
  • Don't Look Back (Unbroken Heroes, #6)
  • Set the Night on Fire (Cottonbloom, #6)
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
  • Only With You (Man Enough, #4)
  • Cowboy, Cross My Heart
  • Lennon Reborn (Preload, #4)
  • Lethal Nights (Brute Force, #3)
  • Dirty-Talking Cowboy (Kinky Spurs, #1)
  • Dark Alpha's Hunger (Reaper, #6)
  • Kiss the Girl (The Naughty Princess Club, #3)
  • The Warrior of Clan Kincaid (Highland Warrior, #3)
  • The Christmas Wishing Tree (Eternity Springs, #15)
  • Desperate Girls (Wolfe Security, #1)
  • My Favorite Cowboy (Heart of Texas #3)
  • One Tough Cowboy (Moving Violations #1)
  • The Big Alpha in Town
Tara Thomas’s love of books and writing started as a child and though she wanted to be an author, she decided a degree in science was more practical. After fifteen years in the pharmaceutical industry, she returned to her first love and hasn’t looked back since.

She writes erotic romance as Tara Sue Me. Her Submissive Series novels have been on both the New York Times and USA Today Bestseller lists

Sons of Broad (3 books)
  • Darkest Night (Sons of Broad #1)
  • Deadly Secret (Sons of Broad #2)