Start by marking “War (True Reign, #3)” as Want to Read:
War (True Reign, #3)

War

(True Reign #3)

When Rema chose to be crowned queen and join the rebel forces, she knew she'd face the fight of her life. What she didn't expect was to be kidnapped by an Emperion assassin and taken to the mainland to be executed in front of the emperor. How can she save Greenwood Island if she can't even save herself?

Darmik knows he doesn't have much time to rescue Rema. He’s denounced h
ebook, Second Edition.
Published October 4th 2017 by Reign Publishing (first published April 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about War, please sign up.

Start your review of War (True Reign, #3)
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)

4.5 STARS

WAR by Jennifer Anne Davis was a thrilling conclusion that I absolutely adored. I loved this series since the first book, and was so pleased with the way it all ended. Some things didn't play out like I hoped they would, but that's to be expected with any good conclusion. But either way, I am so glad I read this series and got to know these wonderful characters.

The world-building was phenomenal, this book setting has quickly become one of my favorite genres to read. There's something
Paula
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. I really loved this trilogy!
Elisabeth Wheatley
“Disappointed” is too strong a word, so we’ll just say it wasn’t what I hoped. I enjoyed The Key, adored Яed, so I was hoping to be blown away by War, but I felt like the series kind of devolved. I am glad I read it for no other reason than I am happy to know how things turned out for my favorite characters. However, I think this may have missed a round of editing.

The plot:

I definitely think this book should have been about 100 pages longer. Things just felt too rushed, too quick, and it seemed
Melanie's
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*This Book Was Given To Me By The Author In Exchange For An Honest Review*

WOW! What a fantastic end to an amazing series. It is so hard to write this without giving away any spoilers but I will say this ... There isn't a cliffhanger this time lol.

Seriously this series is so well thought out that really it couldn't end any other way but the ride is definitely neither a smooth or predictable one. I have to say that although I moaned continuously that I needed all the answers, now I have them I am
Tamara
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That epilogue. ^_^

I really really love the series. I truly do. Yet I felt that the author lost some of her ability to write amazing descriptions and just left us with "this...then...that" moments. Even realistic-ness was lost (view spoiler).

If this book was longer and
Stacie
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not sure whether I should shed a tear or jump up and down for joy, but this book is the final piece of the True Reign series. All I have to say is 'What a way to go!'

Ever since The Key, I have been so enamored with these characters and with the adventure the author has taken us on. When it came time to read the final novel, Jennifer Anne Davis simply did not disappoint. All of the pieces to the puzzle came together in an action-packed, thrilling, and emotional way. I have to admit that I e
Melissasfandomworld
3,5 stars

An overall really enjoyable read, but also not a super strongly written conclusion book on some parts, as I felt was the case with the previous series I've read by this author as well.

Especially towards the end, all things felt a bit rushed and wrapped up too quickly again, which I thought was quite a shame, seeing how much I've enjoyed this story from the beginning and I think it deserved a bit 'more'.

But okay, despite those remark, there was a looot to enjoy as well and I definitely a
Amanda Deur
Aug 12, 2020 rated it liked it
If I had to use one word to describe this conclusion to the trilogy I'd use the word rushed. It felt really rushed. Plot wise it was great but it was so rushed.

Plot:

Darmik knows he doesn't have m
TJ
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this entire series! Yeah, yeah... I was totally *#$sed at the way the first book ended and not particularly happy with the way the second book ended - BUT, once I purchased all three books and just settled in for the ride, it was a fabulous one! The only drawback in this last installment was it could have used more depth in the characters. It seemed there was so much action and things to get accomplished in order to finish the series, we didn't get quite the amount of real und ...more
Taylor
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great ending to an amazing series!! I absolutely adored and loved everything about these books! The storyline was great to follow and made me want to keep on reading, the characters were all well developed and easy to care about. Rema was such a fun and fiesty character and I enjoyed reading about her. I would suggest this series to anyone that loves a good fantasy series and is interested in kingdoms, Prince and princesses and a good storyline. If you're a fan of An Ember in the Ashes yo ...more
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge
2.5 stars. I was disappointed.

So, Rema was captured by the Emperion assassin and taken to the Emperor for execution. During the two week boat ride, the assassin decides to train Rema. I thought perhaps it would be so that she could escape, but no, he turns her over to the Emperor anyway. Meanwhile Darmik, Savenek and friends are trying to catch up. When they arrive in Emperion, they are thrown in jail and tortured before escaping (view spoiler)
Dee/ bookworm
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-2018
I read Cage of Deceit by this author first and loved it!~~ but that book actually comes after The Key, Red and War. Wonderful series!! I also loved Cage of Deceit. You can read the two series out of order, but it would draw more parallels if you read them in order!!

Happy reading!!
Fay
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Character,ok
Writing,almost ok
Plot,ok
Romance,ok
Pacing,ok

Overall the book(serie) was ok....but hey! The cover is amazing!!!😂😂
Can you please tell me how to put a picture or a giffy?
Elizabeth Bennet
This was an amazing series for me. When we last leave Rema in book 2 she is kidnapped by the assassin and so the beginning of this book covers her taken across the ocean to Emperian for execution. What is funny is not only will she continue for looking for means to escape but in addition she is thrilled to finally be able to travel and explore new places. This throws her captor for a loop because he expects she would be fearful or sobbing instead she is smiling and in awe.

Darmik has teamed up w
Julie Kuhn
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice conclusion

overall it was good. Nice ending to the other 2 books. unlike the other readers, once I found out they were going back to Emporim, I kind of figured this for the ending, even guessed correctly the assassins moves. overall, book 2 & 3 were not worth the almost $10 price tag tho. Again, don't get me wrong, it's a good story and I loved the characters but in this tight race and abundance of authors and books to choose from; I would have rather spread my money around more, thus gainin
Lorena
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
I loved it!! What a fantastic read.
The whole series is very well thought and it wrapped up quite well.
Totally recommended for when you're in the mood for some medieval adventure!!

POV: dual
Depth of the book: 0/5
Closure: HFN
Ileana
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe the series is over... But I guess that's the life of a book worm...
This book was amazing though!! Absolutely EPIC!!! The fight scenes were amazing!
Stephanie
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, ya
Awesome conclusion to one amazing series. I was sad to reach the end and shed a couple tears throughout but overall I loved how it all wrapped up. Rema & Darmik became one of my favorite couples & I'll miss them. 4.5 Stars! ...more
Ashley
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this series overall but I wish it was a bit longer. It almost felt rushed. It had the potential to be one of those seriously epic, meaty fantasy books, but in the end it was only a trilogy and each book was quite short (under 400 pages). I almost felt like I got through it too quickly. I would have liked to spend more time in the series!
Norma
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good reads

This is a good series..overlook the editing errors and just enjoy the ride. I liked all the heros , long may they reign.
Holly
First posted at Words Fueled by Love.

Young Adult fantasy with a royal setting. This series was everything I love in a great story! And because I'm the kind of girl that best loves happily-ever-after stories, the ending was perfect for me. I instantly fell in love with Rema and Darmik from book one and even through the adversity and trials that separated them, I continued to root for them and their close friends: Neco, Ellie, Vesha, Audek and even Savenek. This story had me tearing up at several
Abigail
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Noreen Kellner
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This series has been such an enjoyable adventure. Jennifer Anne Davis just got added to my favorite authors list. The dynamics of the kingdoms that she has created are well thought out with an eye to detail that makes you forget you are in an invented world. I found myself once again deeply involved with the characters and the storyline. The romantic involvement of the hero and heroine is kept clean and yet seems to keep the reader more emotionally involved. While I don't mind sex in a romance s ...more
Megan Olguin
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series....♡
I loved it. I love how everything turned out. I love how the ending showed how everything was turning out with all the different characters after all was said and done. The ending was a little.... quick. But who I wanted to die, died. And who I wanted to kill them, killed them. That's my kinda ending :) One death was neither what I expected or wanted.... But was done in a honorable, noble way.

The ONLY thing about this series that I didn't like, was how the characters always thou
Sherri
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series!!! From the first chapter of The Key I was hooked! I loved Rema, she was so so lovable! She stayed true to herself the whole time. I loved how even in some pretty dyer situations she stayed positive. I love the love story, and all the friendships she develops through the series. The only reason I didn't give the other two books five star ratings is because they were cliffhanger endings and my favorite books are tied up with a pretty bow kind of endings. I'm just glad all the ...more
Tim Lumsden
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Another great read from Jennifer Anne Davis!

Masterful series!!! I was so enthralled I completed the complete trilogy in less than 2 weeks, I just couldn't put them down. Action, adventures, intrigue, romance, this book has it all, plus a great story line and beautiful craftsmanship. Not to mention a kick-a$$ heroine! Such a compelling story, wonderful detail; so easy to become involved with the characters and so descriptive you feel you are truly in the story, witnessing the events unfold. Highl
Julianna Massa
May 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Derek White
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an end! My only reservation in recommending this book is that you should read all three of The True Reign series one after the other. I'm sure I would have enjoyed WAR even more than I did if the events of the previous two had been fresher in my memory.
Of course, assuming you have any romance in your soul you will know that Darmik and Rema will end up together, and that she will be crowned Empress as the true heir from the first book (there are so many clues you could not fail to guess.) It
Ruth
spoiler alert: I was excited when I saw that the local library had this in. I remember having enjoyed the creative storyline of the first two books. This one drove me a little crazy. Most of the book deals with Rema's interactions with a new guy that randomly also decides to train her to fight. I'm all about training her to fight but it felt like there was no purpose. He is 2/3rds of the book and suddenly vanishes from the story. Maybe it's that I haven't read the other books for a while, but I ...more
Angelle
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WAR is the final installment into the True Reign Trilogy. If you haven't read the first two I highly recommend doing so otherwise you will be lost.
I'm sorry to see this series come to an end but the story was amazing and WAR was a very fitting end to a great trilogy. This has honestly been my favorite fantasy series since Harry Potter. I would highly recommend this series to anyone and everyone.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Challenge Corner: War by Jennifer Anne Davis -> Starting June 28th, 2018 2 3 Jun 29, 2018 10:44AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: War by Jennifer Anne Davis -> Starting June 28th, 2018 2 11 Jun 29, 2018 10:44AM
Lets Discuss 4 23 Dec 01, 2014 04:12AM

• Enemy's Queen (The Aermian Feuds, #3)
  • Rebel's Blade (The Aermian Feuds, #1)
  • King's Warrior (The Aermian Feuds #4)
  • Court's Fool (The Aermian Feuds #6)
  • Crown's Shield (The Aermian Feuds, #2)
  • Spy's Mask (The Aermian Feuds #5)
  • Warlord's Shadow (The Aermian Feuds #4.5)
  • The Domina (Ascension, #5)
  • The Consort (Ascension, #3)
  • The Bound (Ascension, #2)
  • The Society (Ascension, #4)
  • Siren's Lure (The Aermian Feuds #2.5)
  • Princess of Smoke (Desert Nights Novels, #3)
  • A Spark of Light (The Kingmakers' War, #10)
  • A Gift of Poison (The Kingmakers' War, #1)
  • The Affiliate (Ascension, #1)
  • Silver Wolf (The Sworn Saga, #2)
  • A Circle of Flames (The Kingmakers' War, #4)
Jennifer Anne Davis graduated from the University of San Diego with a degree in English and a teaching credential. She is currently a full-time writer. Jennifer is the recipient of the San Diego Book Awards Best Published Young Adult Novel (2013), winner of the Kindle Book Awards (2018), a finalist in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards (2014), and a finalist in the USA Best Book Awards (2014).

V

True Reign (3 books)
  • The Key (True Reign, #1)
  • ЯED (True Reign, #2)