Start by marking “In Dreams Forgotten (Golden Gate Secrets, #2)” as Want to Read:
In Dreams Forgotten (Golden Gate Secrets, #2)

In Dreams Forgotten

(Golden Gate Secrets #2)

After her parents' death, Judith Gladstone travels to San Francisco to find her last living relative. Her unrequited love, Caleb Coulter, helps her search, and when his connections lead Judith to a wealthy, influential family, she learns shocking truths about her heritage . . . and finds herself in danger from someone who wants to keep the past hidden.
Published July 3rd 2018 by Bethany House Publishers (first published July 2018)

To ask other readers questions about In Dreams Forgotten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Dreams Forgotten

Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This is the second book in a series. I requested this story from Netgalley and sat down to start reading it, I then realized it was book #2 and went looking for book #1. The whole series is on Kindle Unlimited, so I borrowed the first book before starting this one. You could probably read them out of order, but I wouldn't recommend it.

The series focuses on three friends who traveled to San Francisco together. They immediately bond and help each other through all kinds of trials and heartache. Th
Lisa Johnson
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Title: In Dreams Forgotten (Golden Gate Secrets #2)
Author: Tracie Peterson
Pages: 336
Year: 2018
Publisher: BethanyHouse
My rating is 4 out of 5 stars.
In this second book of the series, Judith Gladstone and Caleb Coulter take center stage. They were both in book one of the series, In Place Hidden, but weren’t the romantic focus. Now, the story picks up where book one left off. Judith has been patiently waiting for Caleb to help her search for her aunt. He has recently returned from being kidnapped,
Kelly Bridgewater
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
In Dreams Forgotten by Tracie Peterson is predictable historical romance with a couple of twists and turns thrown in for good measure. I haven't read a lot of Peterson, but I do enjoy a good historical romance in the early twentieth century, so I have picked up and enjoyed this series.
My favorite part of the novel is the setting. It is nice to return to familiar characters from In Places Hidden and roam around San Francisco around the turn of the century. Peterson doesn't just allow her past ch
Brooke
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book truly took on a snowball effect. The characters were cool, calm and collected through the beginning of the story. Everyone was happy and loving life after the conclusion of book #1. Except Judith. She quietly let it be known to the reader that she was still in waiting. Waiting to find her family. She did her best to wait on God's timing as well as Caleb's, the lawyer who was to help her connect with Mrs. Witley. Once a connection was made, the happiness of the characters began to unrav ...more
Amy
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
In Dreams Forgotten is the second installment from Tracie Peterson’s series, Golden Gate Secrets. I thought this book was a great read. I enjoyed the sweet, clean romance with the little mystery and suspense. I, also, enjoyed learning history about San Francisco, California.

I give In Dreams Forgotten four and a half stars. I look forward to continuing the Golden Gate Secrets series.

I highly recommend for readers who love to read a hard to put down historical.

I received this book from the publi
Lori
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful tale by Tracie Peterson!
Wonderful characters and I enjoyed the backdrop of the story as well.
Be careful of what you wish for. You hit might find something that you aren't expecting and a whole lot more.
There's also a whole lot of action too!
I can't with for y'all to read this story!!
I also can't wait to read Kenzie's story!!
Joyce
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this novel Judith Gladstone travels to San Francisco to try to find her aunt
after she finds a letter upon the death of her parents. She never knew
she had any relatives . When arriving she stays with the brother of a friend
She met until she can find a relative. Once Judith finds her relative she has
Decisions to make as well as trying to stay alive when she concludes that
Someone is trying to kill her. A fast, easy read with likable characters and
a predictable plot.
Betty Ast
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!
Shonda
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great read. A great book about Love and tragedy. God has a plan for our lives and through the trials we only need to hold on to him.
Pam
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Dreams Forgotten: Golden Gate Secrets Book 2 is by Tracie Peterson. Through the eyes of the characters and the very descriptive words of Tracie Peterson, we are transported back to San Francisco in 1906. The book is well-written and keeps your attention as you want to find out what happens to the three young ladies who were introduced in book 1. Camri Coulter has found her brother, Caleb. He was indeed shanghaied but managed to get away from his ship in Hawaii. He has just returned unharmed. ...more
Patricia Lott
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Leona Atkinson
A Book Review of "In Dreams Forgotten" by Tracie Peterson
Golden Gate Secrets-Book 2

After reading this book and the first book in this Golden Gate Secrets series "In Places Hidden", I feel I personally know the characters in these books and I can't wait to read book 3 in this series!

This was a book of not only sweet romance, but its historical focus was on San Francisco in the 1900's. It always amazes me how differently social life was in those days, yet, people were not so much different than no
Sandra
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
"In Dreams Forgotten" is the second book in Tracie's Golden Gate Secrets. Fans of Christian historical romance will not be disappointed with this authors book. Tracie has a gift for incredible storytelling. This is a stand alone book, as are all of Tracie's books. But I was glad that I had read In Places Hidden first. It introduced me to these characters and gave me some background information, I found helpful.

The story-line is mainly about Judith Gladstone and Caleb Coulter. We have all of th
Christian Fiction Addiction
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Peterson's second installment in the "Golden Gate Secrets" novel is one filled with excitement and intrigue and, of course, culminates with a thoroughly happy ending (just what I was in the mood for!) When I was initially introduced to the quiet but likeable Judith Gladstone in the first book in the series, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from her knowing that she would now be starring in her own novel. But she certainly rises to the occasion with plenty of pluck and grit as the novel unfolds ...more
Robin Willson
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Second book in the Golden Gate series, set in the early 1900s San Francisco. A time of corruption and danger for those going against the men in control of crime in the city. Judith had come to town with Camri and Kenzie, nearly broke and having lost her family with the hope of finding an Aunt she had never known about. After a long search what she found was nothing she could have imagined, and puts her life in danger. Caleb has returned after being shanghaied and is rebuilding his life. The five ...more
Elizabeth Hernandez
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Judith Gladstone knew she had fallen head over heels in love with her friend’s brother Caleb but he never seems to pay any attention to her. As Judith asks for his help in finding out what happen to her family, a long lost letter leads her to finding out that she is actually a Whitley, one of the most wealthiest families in San Francisco. Will Judith finally have the perfect family she always wanted or will it come at a price that will drive both Caleb and Judith apart?

I enjoyed reading Judith’s
Claudia
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
In Dreams Forgotten is the second book in Peterson's Golden Gate Secrets series. It is set in the early 1900s San Francisco. In the first book the mystery of Camri Coulter's missing brother is solved. This book focuses on the search for Judith Gladstone's aunt and any other living relatives that she and her friends could locate. Their search has unexpected results and consequences, ones that will take readers by surprise and keep them engaged with the story. Judith's search is not limited to he ...more
June Jacobs
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second installment in Tracie Peterson's 'Golden Gate Secrets' trilogy.

To read my review of Book One, please follow this link:

----------------

'In Dreams Forgotten' is the story of Judith Gladstone, orphan, who has travelled to San Francisco in 1905 to find a long lost and previously unknown aunt, Edith Whitley.

The story involves some mystery, intrigue, love, and a great deal of San Francisco history beautifully-written by one of my favorite aut
Michelle Kidwell
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing

In Dreams Forgotten
by Tracie Peterson

Bethany House

Bethany House Publishers
Christian
Pub Date 03 Jul 2018

I am reviewing a copy of In Dreams Forgotten through Bethany House Publishers and Netgalley:

After loosing her parents Judith Gladstone cane to San Francisco to live with her only living relative, an Aunt she does not even know, never met before she finds herself having to move in with this relative whose really a stranger!

But Judith has fallen in love with her friends brother Caleb Coulter, wh
Carolyn Scheidies
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tracie Peterson has been penning a new series Golden Gate Secrets. In the first book IN PLACES HIDDEN, three young women--Camri, Kenzie and Judith-- on their way, all for different reasons, to San Francisco meet on the train and pledge to help one another. In this second book IN DREAMS FORGOTTEN, Camri’s brother Caleb seeks to help Judith find her aunt. What he finds is more than anything she could imagine. What she didn’t expect was to find that discovering her roots would lead her directly int ...more
Pamela
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In 1906 a young woman named Judith travels to San Francisco after her parents passed away.She is searching for an Aunt that she has never met.On the way there she meets two other young women and becomes friends with them.One of them (Camri) ask her to move in with her and her brother Caleb in his house.The 3 girls become close friends and Judith finds a job in a chocolate factory.Caleb is a lawyer and sets out to find Judith's aunt.If he finds her will this be more than what Judith is searching ...more
Lily
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the sequel to In Places Hidden--continuing the narrative of three women living in San Francisco at the turn of the 20th century. This sequel ends with the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. Even though it is a simple narrative with not surprising developments, it was still a pleasure to read. Tracie Peterson weaves thoughts of faith throughout her stories, which is very satisfying to me--Christ is the foundation that we lean upon. The ending was sad in some ways yet full of new beginnings.
Marnie
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Judith went to San Francisco to follow the trail of a letter from her deceased mother to her mom's sister, whom Judith has never met. Finding the family doesn't seem to be a problem. Adjusting to the family, though, proves to be almost deadly. Nob Hill families have some skeletons in the closet.
Characters from book #1 of the series reappear in Judith's story, so the reader has continuity of the 6 young adults. I enjoyed the story because I was familiar with the characters. I did not love it, tho
Kate
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Judith has come to San Francisco searching for an Aunt that she doesn’t know. Her friend Caleb, who she has loved since she first saw him, is helping her. When she finds her relatives, Judith’s world is turned upside down, and she finds she has to fight for what she wants. But what she wants most is Caleb, but is he interested in more than friendship?

I love Tracie Peterson! And this book is no exception. It is sweet, light, quick, and easy to read. Just the perfect escape during a boring plane r
Lydia Howe
Yo. Folks. This book was interesting and I liked the plot and the mystery kept me reading. But I really don't like it when a character is being manipulated. And yeah, it wasn't horrible, but it kept me from really enjoying the book a lot because I wanted to yell at her and be like "Don't you see what's going on!?!?" And she did, to a point, but it still bothered me.

Still, this book was a nice second book in the series.
Eddist Rhett
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dreams forgotten

Tracie has done it again! Wonderful story line character s came alive! Caleb, Judith, Camri, Patrick and Kenzie, Dr. Fisher, even the Whitley family and the Song's made for amazing reading and hopefully Kenzie and doctor Fisher will be together! So, I'm praying for book 3!
Jan Curry
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A little family begins

Enjoyed the story of Judith being continued and I'm looking forward to the final young lady in the story. All have brought laughter and tears. I appreciate Tracie Peterson giving me new friends to get to know and want to know better.
The struggle they share and the happiness they find together, makes them a family .
Dianne Sidebottom
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Camri, Judith and Kenzie all on a train heading to San Francisco and this series are their stories. this is the second book continuing on with Judith looking for her aunt and the infamous fires and earthquake take place.
Audrey
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Judith & Caleb...decent story a little predictable but I like the continuation to see what else happens. Judith was a little naive but able to stand up for herself. Their love came a little too quickly though...
Robyn Choate
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I rated this 3.5 stars. Enjoyed the historical aspect of the book and the characters have depth. However, the book has a lot of "faith" references in it and while I don't mind that, it was a bit much for me.
  • Under the Summer Sky (The Dakota Diaries #2)
  • The Trouble with Patience (Virtues and Vices of the Old West, #1)
  • The Reliance (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #2)
  • The Key on the Quilt (The Quilt Chronicles #1)
  • Now and Forever (Wild at Heart, #2)
  • A Note Yet Unsung (Belmont Mansion, #3)
  • River to Redemption
  • The Best of Intentions (Canadian Crossings, #1)
  • Captured by Love (Michigan Brides, #3)
  • The Planter's Daughter
  • Hidden Affections (Hearts Along the River, #3)
  • A Suitor for Jenny (A Rocky Creek Romance, #2)
  • A Dream for Tomorrow (Homeward on the Oregon Trail, #2)
  • Betrayal (Where The Heart Lives, #2)
  • A Promise to Love (Michigan Northwoods, #2)
  • Believing the Dream (Return to Red River, #2)
  • Keturah (The Sugar Baron's Daughters, #1)
Tracie Peterson is a bestselling author who writes in both historical and contemporary genres. Her novels reveal her love for research as well as her strong desire to develop emotionally meaningful characters and stories for her readers. Tracie and her family live in Montana.

pen name: Janelle Jamison

Golden Gate Secrets (3 books)
  • In Places Hidden (Golden Gate Secrets #1)
  • In Times Gone By (Golden Gate Secrets, #3)