Start by marking “Dead Drift (Chesapeake Valor, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dead Drift (Chesapeake Valor, #4)

Dead Drift

(Chesapeake Valor #4)

Private Investigator Kate Maxwell never stopped loving Luke Gallagher after he disappeared. Now he's back, and together they must unravel a twisting thread of secrets, lies, and betrayal while on the brink of a biological disaster that will shake America to its core. Will they and their love survive, or will Luke and Kate become the terrorist's next target?
Published July 3rd 2018 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Dead Drift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Drift

Caitlyn Santi
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
Dr. Seuss

I think this quote perfectly sums up my feelings about this series ending. I'm sad to say goodbye, but thrilled that I got to become friends with these characters and live vicariously through them for a little while! Where do I even begin to describe the amazingness that is Dead Drift?! Kate and Luke's story was phenomenal!
As with all of Dani's books I devoured this one in under 24 hours! Dani's books always knock my socks off, bu
Dana Michael
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Romantic Suspense at its finest. This book is the fourth and final installment of Dani Pettrey's Chesapeake Valor series. This is Luke and Kate's story. But it is also a dual story because Griffin and Finley are working on Jenna's cold case murder. So, it definitely is a page turner with clues and leads and twists. I am a huge fan of this author and have read all of her books. I give this book 4 and a 1/2 stars.
*I was given this book by the publisher Baker Publishing via netgalley. This is my h
Staci
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I loved that two loose ends were resolved in the conclusion of the Chesapeake Valor Series.

Of the two threads in this novel, my interest was only with the cold case and I kept wanting to get back to that part of the novel.

Overall, a solid suspense series. I look forward to what the author has next in store for her readers.
Hannah

A great ending to the series, and my favorite couple out of the group of friends. However, the continual focus on his “rippling muscles” got old and kept it from being a favorite.
Brittany
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a stunning conclusion to the Chesapeake Valor series! This is a book that definitely needs to be read in order, as book four of a series that builds upon itself.

It was thrilling to return to these wonderful characters as I read Dead Drift. Now, I want to go back and read all four books back to back and catch anything I might have missed the first time around. They really are so good!

Dead Drift was especially touching as it was a “return of a lost love” storyline. Kate and Luke were in love
Susan Snodgrass
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"We are facing our fiercest biological warfare terrorist threat on American soil yet."

Dani Pettrey hits the ground running in this 4th book in her Chesapeake Valor series and ends it on a terrifying race for the good. I have been her face since her very first book and this one only cemented that decision. I read it in one day.

For seven years, CIA operative Luke Gallagher has been away from his friends who trusted him, including Kate, whom he loved. Not a word have they heard in all those years.
Amanda Geaney
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dead Drift is the suspense-filled and satisfying conclusion to Pettrey's Chesapeake Valor Series. If you've been keeping up with the series, then I'm sure you are anxious to read about Luke and Katie's reunion. Will Luke be able to fan the flames of their college love back to life? Have the embers gone cold? Furthermore, will he finally catch Ebeid--the mission that drew him away from Katie some eight years ago?

In true Pettrey style, no story is over just because it was highlighted in a book ear
Dawn
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was fast paced and full of action.
Madison
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dead Drift is the thrilling fourth (and sadly last) book in the Chesapeake Valor series by Dani Pettrey. Dead Drift concludes the series in stunning style, with touching romance, non-stop action and life and death tension that will keep you guessing and hanging on the edge of your seat.

Kate has always believed -hoped- that the love of her life, Luke Gallagher was alive and out there somewhere. Meanwhile, Luke has spent the last seven years with one mission - bring a major criminal and terrorist
Kristine Morgan
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dead Drift is the thrilling conclusion to master suspense writer Dani Pettrey's Chesapeake Valor series. This is a real page-turner with assassins, anthrax and all manner of suspenseful action. Although this is Katie and Luke's story, everyone else from the series makes an appearance. I love the camaraderie between the characters and Ms. Pettrey as always creates memorable dialogue. I love the suspense and faith in God that intertwine throughout the story. Ms. Pettery did an awesome job of tying ...more
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
This is a fast-paced, gripping, and intense book, the conclusion of the Chesapeake Valor series that follows a group of friends that serve in various fields of criminal justice. I was so excited to read Kate and Luke's story, especially since he's been such a mystery from the beginning. This is a series that I think is best read in order, but honestly you could still read Dead Drift on its own and be fine. I appreciate that the author catches the reader up with the characters and their relations ...more
Rebecca
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Guess we are going to see how well trained you actually are in not letting attachments come into play."

Being near Kate Maxwell again was just as terrifying as his mission; as a highly trained CIA operative Luke Gallagher's seven year absence from the woman he loved had changed him forever; the things he had seen, the places he had gone, the decisions he had made. Now he was being called in from the field as a consultant; assisting local and federal law enforcement agencies in their quest to thw
Sarita
Firstly, I absolutely love this cover. Second, I love these 4 guy friends. Dashing men who saves the day who also has relationship with God which was evident in them going to God in times of trouble - what is not to love. And finally, great suspense which made me turning the pages as fast as my finger could tab the kindle.

What I loved about this series is that all 4 men was prominent throughout the series as well as two mysteries which stated in Book 1 and developed until the crazy conclusion in
Beth Erin
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full series review on FaithfullyBookish.com

The Chesapeake Valor series is an epic, binge-worthy romantic suspense brimming with perilous escapades and tender moments. Let your mind feast on intense investigations as simmering attraction and blossoming relationships set your reader heart aflutter.

As former best friends, Griffin, Parker, Declan, and Luke, reunite through professional collaboration, they seek answers to not only their joint and tandem investigations but also vow to solve the myste
Chantel

"Burning debris littering the ground... smoke plummeting in the acrid air... is just the beginning if he fails...."

Wow!!! Dead Drift was an impressive end to the Chesapeake Valor Series. Dani Pettrey delivers non-stop heart-racing action with emotional compelling drama and romance.

This book definitely was one of my most anticipated reads of 2018 because of the jaw-dropping-cliff-hanger in the last book, Blind Spot. I was so excited when this book dropped, so my long-awaited questions involvi
Connie Saunders
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are some authors who never disappoint and some highly anticipated books that always live up to their pre-publication hype and Dani Pettrey and Dead Drift fit these descriptions perfectly. I am thrilled that this is the way that Pettrey has chosen to end the Chesapeake Valor series. Luke Gallagher has finally come home and he and Kate Maxwell are being given a chance to sort out their feelings and resolve some of the issues that two people will have experienced after being separated for sev ...more
Stephanie
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this title via NetGalley. It does not impact my review.

I’ve really enjoyed Dani Pettrey’s Chesapeake Valor series and I thought Dead Drift was a great conclusion.

While I initially didn’t really love the terrorism plot line that first appeared in book two of the series, I thought it worked really well here. It really takes center stage and I was invested it. The secondary mystery circled back to an on-going investigation from the first book and the killer of Griffin’s little
Kav
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow -- stellar (but bittersweet) conclusion to this epic series! The only thing that keeps me from drowning in the depths of despair as we come to the end of the Chesapeake Valor books is the author's promise of a new series in our future -- Coastal Guardians -- which will undoubtedly be awesome too. Trouble is, Dani Pettrey has the power to create such memorable characters that it's hard to let them go when she wraps up a series. And that results in me wallowing in the separation-anxiety-blu ...more
Melanie
Dead Drift is the fourth and final book in Pettrey's Chesapeake Valor series. I've really enjoyed reading these stories and, while I'm sad that the series is over, I loved how this one wrapped everything up wonderfully.

The suspense in Dead Drift was awesome. There were several scenes that had me glued to the pages and I was, at times, fearful of what was going to happen to the characters.

I loved the romance. In case you don't know, I am a huge fan of second chance romance stories...so this one
Suzie Waltner
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the first book in Dani Pettrey’s Chesapeake Valor series, there have been two unanswered questions: Is Luke alive? And what happened to Griffin’s sister?

While that first question was answered in book three (Blind Spot), readers get to delve further into where Luke has been in the series finale.

The entire gang is back, and in Pettrey’s signature style of keeping readers involved in two investigations, Dead Drift is as intense and swift moving as always. As Luke rejoins his friends after year
Alicia
A great conclusion to the series! Talk about action-packed...a full-blown terrorist attack is days from being launched and Griffin and Finley are close on the heels of Jenna’s murderer. Loved the suspense and seeing Kate and Luke’s relationship unfold. 4.5 stars!

Toni Shiloh
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great read by Dani Pettrey. I'm sad that the Chesapeake Valor crew has come to an end, but looking forward to anything new that comes from Dani.
Janell R.
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have eagerly anticipated this story since the first book in the series. Kate and Luke’s story has been a thread through each of the books, gaining momentum with each successive one, and I was so excited when they finally got their own book. All the questions of why Luke disappeared and what he’s been doing were answered, as well as a loose thread that had been hanging from the first book about Griffin McCray’s sister. So very satisfactory.

This book followed along in the same style I’ve come to
Amy
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dead Drift is the fabulous fourth addition to Dani Pettrey’s series, Chesapeake Valor. This one is probably my favorite of the series. Kate and Luke finds themselves in quite a bit of action, adventure, danger, mystery, suspense and romance. What a perfect combination for me in a read.
I give Dead Drift a well deserved 5 stars. I’m sad to say goodbye to this series, but look forward to what Dani Pettrey comes up with next. Can not wait!
I received this book from the author, but was not required t
Maureen Timerman
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
A great and fast paced conclusion to this series, and yes we do wrap things up, but maybe not how you thought.
If you haven’t read the other books in this series, this one will make you want to, but you can read alone, enough facts are presented.
The author gives us some surprises, but boy the book sure doesn’t lack for action and keeps you guessing as to whom will survive to the very end. There are some very sad moments here, and most you will not see or expect. Great job!
I received this book thr
Abby Breuklander
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love love and love!! Love never fails, no matter what we've done in the past or present, it gives us hope for the future. That we are not defined by the choices that we've made, no matter the reason we may have made them. Love sees beyond to who are really are and what we can be, scars and all. Love is deeper than any regrets we could ever have because it's stronger than the shame and guilt we may be feeling. It bears all things, all the time.
Melissa
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent conclusion to the Chesapeake Valor series. This is like two stories in one--the culmination of the search for Jenna's kidnapper/murderer, and the search for the terrorist who wants to destroy the US. I liked how all of the storylines wrapped up, and loved the swoon-worthy romance. This entire series has been an excellent balance of action, adventure, romance, and a bit of suspense.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book, all opinions are my own.
Melissa
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: newbies-2018
Dani Pettrey has crafted an explosive (literally an explosion on the first page) and quite enjoyable finale to her Chesapeake Valor series. It kept me spellbound and engaged the whole way through as she weaved satisfying conclusions to both the cold case murder of Griff's sister and the terrorist threat that the team has been chasing through out the series. I loved the interactions of Kate and Luke and the ending wrapped everything up nicely. This has been a series that has been exciting and eng ...more
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
I continuously say that I hate reading series out of order...yet I find myself doing it again and again. 😷 That was the case with this book. 'Dead Drift' is book FOUR in a series...and I grabbed it before I read any of the other books.

That being said...MAN THIS BOOK WAS GREAT!
There were a *few* spots were reading books 1-3 would definitely have come in handy, but I honestly didn't feel like I missed out on a ton. Who knows maybe I did, but just don't know it. I didn't feel a huge disconnect.

I
Cheryl Olson
Dead Drift by Dani Pettrey is the final installment in the Chesapeake Valor series and it does not disappoint. In fact the words “saving the best for last” were humming through my mind as I was reading this one. You know that when every day life is annoying you because you just want to get back to your book that it is a good one. I’m assuming that if you are reading this review that you have read the previous three books, if not, do not continue reading ☺. Dani Pettrey just has that thing that g ...more
  • High Treason (FBI Task Force, #3)
  • Moving Target (Elite Guardians, #3)
  • Exile (Guy Erma and the Son of Empire, #3)
  • Tangled Webs (Men of Valor, #3)
  • Lone Witness (Atlanta Justice, #2)
  • Rising Darkness (Finding Sanctuary #3)
  • Beneath the Surface (Dive Team Investigations, #1)
  • Catching Heat (Cold Case Justice, #3)
  • Pursued (Nikki Boyd Files #3)
  • Justice Buried (Memphis Cold Case #2)
  • Web of Deceit (Agents Under Fire #1)
  • The Cost of Betrayal
  • Like Never Before (Walker Family, #2)
Praised by New York Times best-selling author Dee Henderson as “a name to look for in romantic suspense,” Dani Pettrey has sold more than half a million copies of her novels to readers eagerly awaiting the next release. Dani combines the page-turning adrenaline of a thriller with the chemistry and happy-ever-after of a romance. Her novels stand out for their “wicked pace, snappy dialogue, and lika ...more

Chesapeake Valor (4 books)
  • Cold Shot (Chesapeake Valor, #1)
  • Still Life (Chesapeake Valor, #2)
  • Blind Spot (Chesapeake Valor, #3)
“Katie was a starlit night filled with the bursts of fireflies. She was the pummel and front of a waterfall booming in his ears, the surge of a plane netting into the bright blue sky, pressing him back against the seat, his chest tightening with excitement.” 1 likes
“Luke swallowed. Hoe often had he taken time to pray--really pray--for guidance? He'd called out in anger and frustration, begged God to spare his life, but true, heartfelt, intentional prayer outside of a crisis? It'd been far too long. ~pg. 25” 0 likes