Start by marking “The Last Dawn (The Last War, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Last Dawn (The Last War, #3)

The Last Dawn

(The Last War #3)

Fear ripples through human galactic society.

Another ship travels from humanity's bleak future, targets a populated planet ... and lays it waste in a fiery apocalypse. Nothing survives, and the ship disappears. In the midst of the recovery, Admiral Jack Mattis finds more questions than answers as he tracks down the dreadfully powerful enemy ship.

But the most pressing qu
Published October 2nd 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Last Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Dawn

Mick Bird
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book three was a very enjoyable book in this series. Lots of action and suspense, but didn't expect the surprise at the ending. I am looking forward to reading the next instalment.
Jim
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Things have not settled down in the galaxy where the USS Midway starship patrols. While the Earth has survived an attack by the “future humans” or aliens, depending on your point of view, it appears that a sort of peace exists for now. Of course, it doesn’t last very long. Word has come in that something has happened to the planet Zenith and all it’s inhabitants are dead!

So, off goes Admiral Jack Mattis and the USS Midway. They have received word that an eyewitness to the Zenith disaster wants t
Jason
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is just an incredible series of non-stop action and intrigue, and part 3 seems to actually step up a gear which almost doesn’t seem possible.
Admiral Mattis is trying to put all the pieces together, the future-humans are here with an agenda, but no one knows what. They have superior weapons and firepower, and are destroying various parts of the galaxy, wherever they turn up, there is destruction.
Mattis is still trying to recover from the various battles in the previous books, as well as the
Eric
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm done with this series... I think...

I like that the bad guys are not your typical marauding aliens and most of the characters are ok... Just ok. I mean, take Chuck Mattis for instance, his husband and child are little more than scenery, we never see Chuck unless he's doing something for another character, but that's not who his character is... He's supposed to be a family guy, but we never meet his family. Commander Lynch is a cowboy hat and Smith... where the hell did he come from?! Except
Cyd O
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Could be a great story, but ...

This series wants to be really good. The story itself is filled with bullets and mystery. However, I wrote in my review of Book One that there are a lot of typos & errors. There seemed to be more in Book Two, and the grand prize for typos, grammatical errors, using words that don't mean what the author thinks they mean, and creative (if mind-boggling) use of punctuation goes to ...... THIS BOOK!

There are also inconsistencies in the story, and - oddly enough -
Patrick
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Fun

The characters are some of them, very human and flawed. Others close to the action are stiff and the dialogue has uneven quality. The background universe and the more completely drawn characters got me hooked on the plot.

The naval structure, deployment and combat are shaky but a lot of the characters make up for it. The XO and Engineer have dialogue taken right out of Star Trek (Bones vs Spock) and the appalling lack of formality and discipline aboard ship is regrettable but the plot and th
Frank
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
The Last Dawn concludes the war between humanity and future-humanity. Admiral Jack Mattis and the crew of the Midway are drawn again into the battle for the future of humanity. The United States and China must join forces to overcome a menace that they will not admit to. A deep state exists and it is attempting a revolution. The characters from the second novel are once again key elements of the story, but what drives their actions, apart from being mostly military, are still not exposed. The ba ...more
Mike Keller
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another masterful display of warfare on a galactic scale.

The authors have continued the intriguing war into the future to save life as we know it. Great descriptions of interstellar combat action, vibrant characters breathe life into the action, and an imagination that encompasses the universe make this space opera trilogy a great read.
Edgar Guedez
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
INTERESTING STORY BUT....

There a big flaw in the plot of this story. Admiral Mathis has Senator Pitt cornered on Chrisalys but he fails to follow thru even though he knows theere's a genetic experimental facility on it. And not even an attend to explain the omissin is done in this book. And the leading bad character uses a name taken fron a James Bond movie.
John Harding
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I am enjoying the first three novels of the Last War series the characters are well drawn, the plot has a detective story feel to it.
The author(s) combine the best of cracking the case, giving readers a run for their money sorting out the good guys and bad guys, and science fiction. I like it.
Seann Zales
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story line

But really needs to be proof read. The computer cannot do that. Screwing up words took away from the enjoyment of this book. Also messing up facts like where the Dr says he was born and raised in Vegas then 2 pages later says he was born and raised in Boston.
IAN MURRAY
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Best book of the series

I enjoyed this book the most out of the 3 so far. I'm still not sure all the different story lines are needed, but much more action in this book, so much more to my tastes.
Louis
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great story

The story was great, it kept moving and keeps you sucked into what is happening. Yet there are many spelling and grammar mistakes.
John W McKinney
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good read

A very enjoyable book. Lots of action and suspense Really didn't expect the surprise at the ending. Am waiting impatiently for the next installment.
Jan Sobczak
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Last Dawn Peter Bostrom

Ok I supposition view of other books around then this fits into better than average but not brilliant good rating
Chris Page
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great sci-fi adventure, well written, interesting and imaginative.
David  Rencher
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun story

Just when you think he's wrapping it up... Ban, new story arc!

Well written, fast paced and draws you in.
Jeremy Lane
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A continuation of the series. Keeps making me want more
eric quinn
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting

The poly thinkers as new characters develop and the storyline shifts. Seems time travel is a real possibility, and I soon expect paradoxes to form.
Andrei
Matthew J. McDonald,Jr
Jun 05, 2018
Gary Puckering
Mar 04, 2018

• The Terminal War (Carson Mach Adventure #3)
  • A War to the Knife (Recon, #1)
  • Rika Redeemed (Rika's Marauders, #2)
  • The Phoenix Variant (The Fifth Column, #3)
  • Critical Path (Critical, #2)
  • Titan (Alien War #3)
  • Translucid (Dragonfire Station #1)
  • Revenge of the Ancients (Crimson Worlds Refugees #3)
  • The Organ Scrubber (The Defragmenting Daniel Trilogy #1)
  • Kill Team (Galaxy's Edge, #3)
  • Jupiter's Sword (Earth Dawning, #2)
  • Freedom's Fire (Freedom's Fire #1)
  • Conflict (Rise of Mankind #4)
  • TFS Fugitive (The Terran Fleet Command Saga, #4)
  • Agent I1: Tristan (The D.I.R.E. Agency #1)
Peter Bostrom is the pen name of Nick Webb as he co-writes Science Fiction with other authors.

Nick lives in Seattle, and someday wants to be the first man to die on Mars. Not like a heroic, failed-Nasa-mission style death where he plummets through the thin atmosphere and crashes into Olympus Mons, but a calm one in a hospital with plenty of fantasy books to ease his passing.

The Last War (6 books)
  • The Last War (The Last War, #1)
  • The Last Hero (The Last War, #2)
  • The Last Champion (The Last War #4)
  • The Last Strike (The Last War, #5)
  • The Last Tyrant (The Last War, #6)