Start by marking “Falling Up (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Kim, #3)” as Want to Read:
Falling Up (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Kim, #3)

Falling Up (Diary of a Teenage Girl #12)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  589 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Answer Girl Has a Zillion Questions. And Zero Answers Kim Peterson, the Just Ask Jamie â??answer girlâ? is about plum out of them. As if losing her mother to cancer wasnâ?t enough, the hits jus
Published January 9th 2006 by Multnomah Books

To ask other readers questions about Falling Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling Up

Marklessgirl
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
This book, I loved it. The part at the beginning of this book, with her relatives, I could totally relate to! And I love her grandma, she is so fun and cute! I love how Kim and Matthew's relationship worked out, very real life. And I love how Melody Carlson had Kim dealing with anxiety, super relate-able. I really like how things worked out for her friend. I won't say exactly how, because-spoilers! But I really like it. As I said about the first book, and probably the second book, these books ar ...more
Jerry
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great story of overcoming adversity.
Ashli
Mar 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I actually almost cried while reading this book, which is a sign its very good. it had a lot to do with being a teenager while being an ambassador for Christ. The book explores many teenage issues and also explores the pain and the void felt after the loss of someone very special, to death or to anything else.

This book was great, if nothing else. I can safely give it 5 out of 5 stars. Normally I would shy away from books written like diaries and in the forms of poems but this was great. I'd reco
Nov 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
Wow, I can really relate to this book! Kim is dealing with tons of stress and she's feeling it in her body. The difference is she gets to run away to her family in Florida and I'm stuck in Madison trying to live my life.

A good book and shows clearly about the decisions we make and how they have long ranging effects. Also shows the importance of being a friend, but not carying their load, too. And also that it's important to seek help from someone who is equipped to help.

I'm curious to see how
Kiersten
Wow. Amazing. This book gave me a lot to process; it was pretty emotional. It just blows my mind to see how one bad decision can wreck lives, no matter how many honorable decisions are made afterwards. This actually makes me a little thankful for my sheltered life. And it's so incredible to watch God's work unfold - even in the lives of fictional characters.

Melody Carlson is an amazing author. i love all the DOATG books, and i cannot wait to get my hands on the next one of these!
Jodi
Apr 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I could not sleep so I read this book all last night. It was about a girl that lost her mother to cancer and her and her father try to cope with the lost. Her best friend becomes pregnant even though she is a Christian and had a purity ring. She debates an abortion and goes thru the summer telling no one. It was a good book.
Alex
Apr 24, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-books
There are 4 books that follow Kim (a classmates of Chloe's - these books all spin off from one of the other main characters) but I only included this one. I really didn't like Kim or this set of the series. However this book made me cry, and was necessary to read to understand the spin-off of Maya, which I enjoyed more.
Elevategirl
Apr 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I could totally understand cuz one of my friends got pregnant not long before I started readig this book. She was a strong Christian in the youth group an so this was really relatable for me. I loved this book!
Allie
Aug 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
I loved this book! The way the main character (Kim) handled stress and tough times was very inspiring to me and I'm sure for other readers as well. I'm definitely going to continue with this series and the other books that the author has written.
Kayla
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story and although this girls story was not like my own I think she was a great character to read about, with her newspaper column and her musical talents.
Mary Bronson
I thought this was a very good book. I really enjoyed reading it. I'm continuing to love Kim as a character. I can not wait to read more books of her life.
Rachel
Aug 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
The book really was interesting(especially when Natalie found out....)!
Anyway, you'll relly like it.
Emma Thurman
Jan 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
I could really relate to Kim and the stress she was going through and that's something that I always have trouble finding in books.
Jewels Faulkner
Sep 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Completely what needs to be. These books help me grow In my relationship with God! I have the fourth book right here in my lap ready to be read.
Brenda
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kim has to face many hard obstacles, but with a vacation at her grandmother's house, she learns to fall up into God's hands for help.
Claire
Apr 17, 2011 rated it liked it
i love the depth of the book and the drama!
Becca
Holly
Jan 22, 2008
PG
Jan 28, 2016
  • Surprise Endings (Christy Miller, #4)
  • Purity Reigns (Laurel Shadrach, #1)
  • Best Friend, Worst Enemy (Holly's Heart, #1)
  • Sierra's Story
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books, several of them Christmas novellas from Revell, including her much-loved and bestselling book, The Christmas Bus.

She also writes many teen books, including the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series.

Melody was nominated for a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspi
More about Melody Carlson

Diary of a Teenage Girl (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Becoming Me (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #1)
  • It's My Life (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #2)
  • Who I Am (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #3)
  • On My Own (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #4)
  • I Do! (Diary of a Teenage: Caitlin, #5)
  • My Name is Chloe (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Chloe, #1)
  • Sold Out (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Chloe, #2)
  • Road Trip (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Chloe, #3)
  • Face the Music (Diary of a Teenager Girl: Chloe, #4)
  • Just Ask (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Kim, #1)

Young Adult Deals

• A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Clockwork Scarab (Stoker & Holmes, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • This Is the Story of You
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Long May She Reign
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Don't Get Caught
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • So B. It
    $6.74 $1.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cloaked in Red
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99