Start by marking “The Highlander's Crusader Bride (Hardy Heroines #3)” as Want to Read:
The Highlander's Crusader Bride (Hardy Heroines #3)

The Highlander's Crusader Bride

(Hardy Heroines #3)

Born in the Holy Land only a few years after the Third Crusade, half-Armenian, half-Scot Arbela MacLean is a true daughter of the desert, beautiful and untamed. Trained to be a warrior to avoid her gentle mother’s fate, Arbela has honed her skills with Turkish bow and arrow, sword and throwing darts—and dreads the day her father choses a man for her to marry.

After more t
Published October 24th 2017 by Short Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about The Highlander's Crusader Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Highlander's Crusader Bride

Sissy's Romance Book Review
THE HIGHLANDER'S CRUSADER BRIDE by DD & Cathy MacRae is book three in the " Hardy Heroines" series. This is the story of Arbela and Caelen. I have read the previous book in this series but feel this can be a standalone book.
Caelen has been married before to help build the Clan family. Caelen first wife was spoiled and with no real feelings, so when she died, Caelen didn't grieve. Now it appears that he will have to step forward again to marry to help the Clan but he feels he needs to make a
Alison
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By Cathy MacRae
(Hardy Heroines #3)

Arbela MacLean was born in the Holy Land a few years after the Third Crusade. She is half Armenian and half Scot, but she is a true daughter of the desert. She is a rare beauty and trained to be a warrior to avoid what happened to her Mother. Arbela has perfected her skill with the Turkish bow and arrow, sword, and deadly throwing darts. She also dreads the day her father chooses a man for her to marry.

Donald MacLean, Baron of Batroun has spent more then 30 year
April
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Highlander’s Crusader Bride by Cathy & DD MacRae is a delightful and very impressive Medieval Romance. Book 3 in the "Hardy Heroines" series, but can be read as a stand alone.
This the story of Arbela MacLean, a half-Armenian, half-Scot and a true daughter of the desert. She is beautiful and untamed, as well as trained to be a warrior. Arbela has honed her skills with Turkish bow and arrow, sword and throwing darts, she dreads the day her father choses a man for her to marry. Well her da
Sandy S
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it

About the Book: Release Date October 24, 2017

After more than thirty years in the Holy Land, Donal MacLean, Baron of Batroun, is
Notes From 'Round the Bend
t was hard for me to rate this story because I loved it up until the last chapter. On one hand, the issue I had was a big one—almost big enough to ruin the whole thing. On the other hand, I couldn’t quite justify tanking everything that came before just because of a bumbled external conflict resolution.

The characters of Caelen and Arbela were well-developed and believable. They were strong, independent, and stubborn in their own ways, but not to the point of being unreasonable. Their love wasn’t
Love Africa Book Club
It's official. I love this author/writing pair and their work. When I read the previous book in the series, they entered my will-read list of author. And with this book, they've just confirmed their place in my historical romance must-read list.

Where should I start in my praise? Is is the lush and vivid historical setting that transport you back on an adventure or the beautiful details that pull you into a scene and yet doesn't distract you from witnessing the actions unfold.

And of course I have
Helois
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: just-finished
I adore historical romances, and this one hit the nail on the head. Historical tidbits, adventure and romance. Didn't hurt that the setting is mostly Scotland, with the romance between a Scottish Laird and a half-Scots and Half Armenian Princess.

Arabela, is a head strong and independent woman, trained in sword play, strategy and some finer arts of war. She fights along side her father and brother to hold their tower in the holy land. Upon being called back to Scotland, Her father decides she sh
Ann L
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
You know when you want to pick up a book and get lost in the story, picture the scenes and characters, and just chill, then this one is for you. Cathy and DD have brought the sexy Highlander and the feisty heroine to life in their writing, It had my attention from the very first page, but then that's nothing new.

Arabela is half Armenian and half Scottish and was born and grew up in the Holy Land, she was trained to be a warrior and was quite skilled at it, when her father is called back to Scotl
Sharon
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow ,just Wow,Cathy and DD have done it again with The Highlander's Crusader Bride , action packed from beginning to end a book you cannot put down ,from the amazing history facts about the Holy Land ,its people and the difference in cultures between Scotland and the Holy Land was just an eye opener . Caelen and Arebela's characters are just to die for , you just want to jump in the book with them and help them realize that falling in love does not mean giving up your independence or self worth. ...more
Cheryl Payne
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cathy and DD Mac Rae once again did an excellent job with this novel. I couldn't wait to start reading and I didn't want the story to end. This book is a keeper and I will re-read it. Arbela is half Armenia and half Scot. She is a warrior with honor and spirit, her skills are the sword, bow and throwing stars. She also has special skills that she doesn't let people know about. Caelen is the Laird of a clan that has almost been destroyed with an outbreak of measles. His dead wife's father wants h ...more
Ani Bari
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is Book 3 in the Hardy Heroines series but can easily be read as a standalone.

DD & Cathy MacRae have created an epic tale of times past. Where similarities between society is evident but examples of the independence we hold now clear. Their story challenges the views of that era and our own whilst weaving a tale of growth and open mindedness. Caelen and Arbela both find their world view challenged and have to learn to accept difference without changing themselves.

I struggled with the s
Historical Junkie
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story gives you a glimpse of what it might’ve been like for young brave female that learned how to take care of herself in the 13th century. She has knowledge and resources and isn’t afraid to use them.

Arbela MacLean is smarter and more cunning than your average lass. She has a tender side as well. She loves her father and twin brother fiercely. Truth be told, I wouldn’t mind seeing more of Alex.

Caelen MacKern wasn’t an over the top alpha. He admits his mistakes and learns from them. He’s h
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Arbela is a Scot/Armenian princess who wants to forge her own life as she sees fit. Caelan is a Scot lord trying to save his castle and his young son. When the two meet there was instant mutual dislike but when forced to forge a relationship, their opinions of each other start to change. They agree to maintain the facade of a relationship but slowly their feelings change when they are both forced to fight to keep his son safe. Although there is a lot of detail in the beginning, they story picks ...more
Cindy Fong
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
wilma may
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read

I was books son this book from the first page unit thereof the book. The storyline and characters were great I couldn't put the book down I e noted the first 2 books but this one was more intriguing. I didn't th I k the series cod be improved on but the author excelled herself again. She is getting tombstone of my favourite authors. On to next book in series. Excellent work thoroughly recommend her work
Maddy
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Two words - too long. It was so full of redundancy, it was actually painful to read. I skipped pages, sometimes even chapters just to finish it already. On of the longest 300 pages in my life. It could be due to the five different languages mixed up in one book. It is kind of disturbing.
Cover - 4
total - 21/8 = 2.625
Magdalana Conin
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book

It's hard to find good books on Amazon and lately I've gotten heaps of duds, because of that I stuck to authors I know but I've read them all so went looking for a new author. This story was really interesting and well written. I recommend it if you like historical romance.
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Be prepared for an epic adventure! The characters are well-developed and strong. Arbela and Caelen’s chemistry is off the charts!

Read full review in the 2018 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Maria
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story!!!

Wow what a story! I loved it!!! The story was full action, betrayal, intrigue, suspense and finally love. Arabela is a strong, loving, intelligent and beautiful heroine and so far my favorite. This is the 3rd book in the Hardy Heroines Series and even thought you can read this book as a stand alone, I recommend the other two books too.
Ann Gonzalez
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting

This book had great characters and adventure. The marriage of alliance is always an interesting trope. Can be read alone or as a series. This book is a complete story, but I would like to know the stories of the side characters.
Iluzija 8
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.4
Cynthia Houser
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Crusader Bride

A very enjoyable book with fabulous characters. Reading about Arbela was very interesting; learning about the cultures she was from made the story more exciting.
Donna
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
review coming soon
Jo Houghton
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book

Loved the book couldn't put it down looking forward to reading more books by this author can't wait to start next book
jan lee
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
fantastic

all the 3 books so far are absolutely fantastic . roll on book 4 . thank you for a brilliant series with strong woman .
Lisa Dunagan
Nov 06, 2017
Upma Singh
Jan 10, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Crave (The Devil and the Diamond, #1)
  • Dragon Knight's Sword (Order of the Dragon Knights, #1)
  • Bitten by the Alpha (Regent's Park Pack, #4)
  • Momo: My Everything
  • Intimidator (Preyfinders, #2)
  • In Another Life & Eight Days
  • My Banished Highlander (Highland Games Through Time, #2)
  • Brit Boys: On Boys
  • Like the Night (Blood Bathory #1)
  • Somethin' Dirty (Country Fever, #4)
  • Under The Alpha's Protection
  • Just Beyond the Garden Gate (Highland Gardens, #1)
  • Ever My Love (MacLeod #10; de Piaget/MacLeod #22)
  • Bishop's Angel
  • Chasing the Dream (Dream #3)
  • Betrayed (Rockfort Security, #2)
  • X-Ops Exposed (X-Ops #8)
  • Bound by the Buccaneer (Pirates of the Jolie Rouge Trilogy, #2)
Amazon best-selling author Cathy MacRae enjoys weaving tales of romance in the Highland mists. Her stories feature strong heroes and feisty heroines in pursuit of their happy-ever-afters in medieval Scotland.

When not writing, Cathy can be found curled up in a chair with a book or enjoying the outdoors with a German Shepherd or two. A member of RWA, NTRWA, and Celtic Hearts Romance Writers, she is

Hardy Heroines (4 books)
  • Highland Escape (Hardy Heroines #1)
  • The Highlander's Viking Bride (Hardy Heroines #2)
  • The Highlander's Welsh Bride: Book 5 in the Hardy Heroines series