Start by marking “Cowboy on My Mind” as Want to Read:
Cowboy on My Mind

Cowboy on My Mind

(Montana Strong #1)

A heartwarming western romance about a cowboy who gets a second chance with the first love he couldn't forget in the rugged beauty of the Montana mountains. . .
Don't miss this special 2-in-1 edition that includes a bonus western romance novella by Sara Richardson!
Once a bad boy...
Ben Monroe was the ultimate bad boy-and everyone in Haller Creek knew it. But now as a sheri
Mass Market Paperback, 333 pages
Published June 26th 2018 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy on My Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy on My Mind

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

I'll make this quick! When I read the blurb for Cowboy on my mind I was really looking forward to reading a new author who writes about hot cowboys. Unfortunately this one didn't quite work for me - I expected so much more.

I loved the idea of a broken man building a patchwork family without blood ties. Mac was a wonderful dad and I loved how he adored every single member of his family which had grown so naturally. While I loved the family dynamics, the main characters fell a little flat for me.
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I liked this story even if I didn't fall in love with it. I decided to give this book a try since it was the start of a new series and an author that is new to me. I really liked the sound of the book and found it to be an enjoyable read overall. This was a fairly quick read that I am glad I took a chance on.

This book started out really strong for me. I loved that the book started with Ben was just a boy and first crossed paths with
Beth
Ben is a reformed bad boy, now sheriff deputy of Haller Creek.

Becca left Haller Creek but has returned home to find a peace she’s been missing in her life.

Becca was Ben’s high school fantasy come to life. Ben was Becca’s high school crush. Now they have a second chance.

When danger rears its ugly head, Becca will discover what lengths Ben will go to keep her safe.

Cowboy on My Mind is a sweet home-coming romance. It is refreshing to read a slow building friendship to love story with lovable chara
Aly
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
When three young brothers run away from different foster home to be together again and stop at a stranger's ranch to steal food, they don't know they just saved this man's life. Mackenzie Monroe took in the troubled boys who became his adopted sons.

Ever since he was a child, Ben's will to protect has always been strong. Despite a not so great start in life and a reputation not deserved as a hell-raiser, Ben just got a temporary job as the sherrif's deputy. His long-time but secret crush is also
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Cowboy on my Mind by R. C Ryan is the First book in the Montana Strong Series. This is the story of Ben Monroe and Becca Henderson.
Becca had a strong crush on Ben when they were in school but nothing came of it and she moved away. Now she is back looking for that quiet slow life again along with working on her business. But Becca also hopes that this time maybe something will come of her feelings for Ben.
Ben always felt Becca was way out of his reach...just a dream girl. Ben was famous for bein
Bette Hansen
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Excellent small town romance. Loved Ben and Becca together. Had a nice suspense element to keep the story interesting. Highly recommend this book.
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
description

Honestly, going into Cowboy On My Mind, I had no idea what to expect. With new to me authors such as R.C. Ryan I typically go into things blind. I don't read the synopsis or look up reviews beforehand because I want to go in completely unaware and judgement free.

Cowboy On My Mind started off on a strong note. I loved the premise of three brothers who escaped and ultimately ran away from foster care in fear of being separated. These boys showed true strength in their fear. I sensed their closene
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: missy
Cowboy on My Mind is very sweet introduction to the Monroe boys! I loved their backstory. Loved their family bond--especially because they made their OWN family through friendship and love versus blood.

Ben and Becca were terrific--their love a slow burn, sometimes a skosh too slow for my liking. They were smart, real and so blatantly in love. Even when the cards were sorta stacked against them! I was swept away by their romance, and I can't wait for Sam's comeuppance next! ~ Missy, 4 stars
Terri  Tutor
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of the things that R.C. Ryan does so well is to write about families, both families by blood and families by choice. This is the beginning of a series about three brothers and their family by choice and chance. This is about the oldest brother, Ben and his longtime crush, Rebecca or Becca as he calls her. The one thing that I liked about Becca was that even though she had moved away from home, she still had to learn to live her life as she wanted it, not what her parents, especially her fath ...more
books are love
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received in exchange for a honest review.

The prologue had me crying at the beginning. Between Mac and his grief and Ben, Sam and Finn’s situation and how they ended up where they were it was hard not to have a tear. But that prologue shows us a defining moment for all four of them.

Cut to present and we see the young scared boys set to stay together now Mac’s sons and adults. Sam is light hearted and adorable. Ben is still serious but not defiant and always doing what he feels is right in his he
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Ben Monroe is a reformed bad boy turned town sheriff deputy, he went from being the one breaking the rules to being the one enforcing them and it suits him quite nicely. He enjoys his quiet little life in Haller Creek, has all he needs... well, almost all he needs, some might say he needs the love of a good woman too, but unfortunately for him she just hasn't came along yet. That is until the woman who had a starring role in all of his teenage fantasies blows back into town... seeing Becca again ...more
Lovey Dovey Books
Published on Lovey Dovey Books

I knew Cowboy on My Mind was a winner from the start of the prologue. R.C. Ryan deftly introduces the men of the Montana Strong series with a little background on how everyone came to find a place on Monroe ranch. Any story that begins with a selfless act deserves time and consideration and Cowboy on My Mind is so worth it!

This is one of those tender, sweet romances underscored by passion. Ben Monroe is moving beyond his childhood reputation of a "hell-raiser". When
Connie
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just adored this book. The Prologue was so sad I about cried. It did set the stage for the wonderful story though. How three young boys come to live with Mac Monroe and the other men and become a close-knit family. This was such a heart-felt story that I was enchanted right from the beginning. Ben the brawling protector of his younger brothers becomes the hero at twelve to Rebecca when he saves her from being run over by an ATV. Fifteen years later, he becomes a temporary deputy sheriff to the ...more
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
“In case you haven’t noticed, little bird, you’re flying.”

After reading R.C. Ryan’s latest, I most definitely have a cowboy on MY mind. Three of them, in fact. The Monroe brothers, whose rough beginnings, charming banter, and strong camaraderie won me over almost immediately.

Cowboy on My Mind is a fantastic start to the Montana Strong series—it’s warm and feel good, a touch suspenseful, and builds these familial connections that are sure to be the backbone of the series.

This one is a steamy re
Lisa
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: earc, kindle
First in a new series from R.C. Ryan. Ben Monroe and his two younger brothers tumbled into Mackenzie Monroe's life just when he needed them most. He was at his lowest point and these three boys needed someone and that someone was Mac. It's starts off with a introduction of the characters and how they all came together as a family then moves to years later as adults. Ben is the towns new part time deputy sheriff and Becca Henderson is is old school time crush. Little does he know he was also her ...more
1-Click Addict Support Group
Sweet cowboy romance…

The opening pages pinged my heart so hard and set an emotional stage for what was to come. Ben and his brothers had a rough start but where they landed was a fitting reward. Haller Creek was their home and family was everything. When Becca returned after college and a few years away, her feelings for Ben hadn’t changed. And the time was right…

I loved this family-focused, sweet romance! Ben was strong and capable, ready to hold his own on the ranch or behind his shiny, new ba
Elizabeth
This was a good read and while I appreciated the story, I wasn’t blown away by it.
I liked Ben and Rebecca and the mutual attraction they had for each other. The back ground of both and the evolution of their characters was interesting. I even found the intrigue element of the story compelling both as a vehicle to move the plot and the romantic relationship along.
That said, I was a little bored with the book. There were several times when I hoped for more and wanted to see the story go a little
P.e. lolo
This story had it’s up and down’s for me. Becca comes home from college and begins to work with her father but he really does not allow her to change anything and has some really archaic ideas, and ways he still lives by. Ben and his brothers have been adopted and live on a ranch outside of town. Their story is nice. He is now working as a sheriff and is also still pining over Becca who he finds out has always liked him as well. The problem is her father does not like Ben and here really is the ...more
Terri  Tutor
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alison Bunn
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading "Cowboy on My Mind." The author really hooked me in the prologue. The novel is about how strong family bonds can be, and how true love with always triumph. The main Characters Ben and Becca have been in love with each other since childhood, but both have kept it from the other, creating the push and pull that comes from not knowing how deep feelings run for each other. There is also a suspenseful aspect to the novel. Ben works for the sheriff and he is investigating why ...more
Romantic Intentions Quarterly
Haller’s Creek, Montana is the adopted home of Ben Monroe, rancher and new-lawman in a town very much grounded in a previous century. Also making her home there is Rebecca Henderson, whose domineering father just will not leave her be, and has her perfect husband all picked out for her. (Hint: it’s not Ben.) But Ben is the cowboy on Becca’s mind from the title, and so the two of them find a way to get together in this snapshot of a life that time seems to have forgotten—near death experiences an ...more
Leanna Hiner
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Becca has moved back to Haller Creek after graduating college and working for several years in Bozeman. When she returns to Haller Creek her father continually attempts to fix her up with Will who has just finished school to become a minister. Becca has her eye on Ben Monroe. She has loved him for years. Ben is disappointed when Becca and Will return to town at the same time and he assumes they are a couple. Goof story, filled with twists. I loved how hard Becca worked to show her dad her indepe ...more
Linda
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book about the Monroe brothers. The three of them showed up hungry, dirty and ready to fight on a snowy night at Mackenzie Monroe’s house so many years ago not knowing they were just what Mac needed. He had lost his wife and son in a wreck that stole his very sole but Ben, Sam and Finn became his family along with three other lost men that needed a home.

It was this background that made Ben the man he was and he knew early on that Rebecca Henderson would be his only true love b
Heather andrews
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ben likes to be a little flirt, "he caught her hand, holding it against his flesh. “Thanks for that warning. I’ll try to hide some of my more… wicked thoughts.” Becca likes to make sure her man knows he's needed, "...I have a real weakness for the first snowfall of the season. I hope it happens while we’re in the highlands. I’m sure a big strong lawman like you can find a way to keep me dry and warm.” I liked this book, I really loved Ben.
Luv
This is my first read for this author. I liked the book and the author's ability to craft a unique family from unrelated people. The odd thing is it reads as if it were written in the 1950's. A very stylistic manner of old time western romance novels. Storytelling was good. POV was all over the place but the story got told. I'll be interested to see how future books in this series turn out.
Lisa
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ben Monroe is one sexy, sweet cowboy and I couldn't get enough of him. He had me swooning from the start and I loved every single second of it. He and Becca are perfect for each other! I was captivated by their story and couldn't put it down. I loved watching them reconnect and learn each other again.
I can't wait to see what Ryan brings us next with this amazing new series!
Pamela Dew
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it, awesome love story
Cailey
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Sort of a mediocre fairy tale-esque book, very predictable.
Hannah
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW

Montana Strong #1, This series starts off strong with a great introduction to characters. Montana rancher, Mac, a recent widower who not only lost his wife lost his son as well. With nothing else to live for he's on the verge of taking his own life when three young brothers who ran away from their individual foster homes break into his house in the middle of a blizzard. Seeing those boys so desperate to stay together and willing to work hard gives Mac a reason to keep going. Years lat
Helen Williams
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ben Monroe was the ultimate bad boy in Haller Creek and now he's a sheriff's deputy, Ben spends his time breaking up bar fights rather than starting them, and staying away from trouble...until Becca Henderson comes back into town. She's just as beautiful as Ben remembers - and just as far out of his reach.

Back home is exactly where Becca Henderson wants to be. She has a place of her own, a successful new business, and gets a chance to reconnect with the sexy cowboy she had a crush on in school.
New York Times bestselling author R.C. Ryan has written more than ninety fiction novels, both contemporary and historical. Quite an accomplishment for someone who, after her fifth child started school, gave herself the gift of an hour a day to follow her dream to become a writer.

The Lost, an anthology of stories by J.D. Robb, Mary Blayney, Patricia Gaffney, and R.C. Ryan writing as Ruth Ryan Langa

Montana Strong (3 books)
  • The Cowboy Next Door (Montana Strong, #2)
  • Born to Be a Cowboy: Includes a bonus novella (Montana Strong Book 3)