Start by marking “Last Call at the Ringrose Pub” as Want to Read:
Last Call at the Ringrose Pub

Last Call at the Ringrose Pub

Burned-out former taxi driver Erick Papineau had thought he was finally getting his life back together after bankruptcy and divorce. Then thirty thousand dollars in taxi vouchers are stolen from his old Malibu while he is upstairs making love to Rachel Van Horne in her funky little apartment. When he lies about where he was at the time, he makes himself the prime suspect i ...more
Published September 27th 2017 by Pronoun

To ask other readers questions about Last Call at the Ringrose Pub, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Call at the Ringrose Pub

Start your review of Last Call at the Ringrose Pub
Peter Foster
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Last Call at the Ringrose Pub is my first novel. I hope you will enjoy it! If you do, please take the time to post a brief review.

Writing this was a challenge for me: to see if I could write the story from beginning to end and actually finish the damn thing. Just for that, I've given myself five stars.

I wanted to produce a novel set in the West End of Montreal; there are very few published in English. And I wanted to write a story which would bring the taxi industry to life. There are lots of bo
Mokshaji Mohit
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read Last Call at the Ringrose Pub and found it riveting. I am not usually a fan of fiction novels but I thoroughly enjoyed this one from beginning to end. It's a very exciting story with plenty of plot twists to keep your attention. Rich characters and descriptive writing of the people and places captured me completely. I would strongly recommend this to anyone who enjoys thriller style novels.
Tere Fredericks
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Debut

Admittedly, I am not sure where, or even if, this should be put together with Flash Drive and Last Call. The Ringrose Pub, Taxi Soleil (also known as Sunshine Taxi), and Detective-Sergeant Louis St-Lauren are in all three. But I believe these are stand-alones with just the three things in common.

As the crux of the book, stolen coupons with an alibi the driver refuses to give (good thing!). And there's the matter of the murdered woman last seen in a Sunshine taxi.

This friendship b
Ms Hug
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Peter Foster takes us on a cleverly crafted journey through the streets of Montreal spanning four decades from the late sixties to the twenty-first century.

As we learn about the machinations of a Montreal taxi company, it becomes clear that shady dealings are afoot, and that the distant past can continue to hold sway over current developments.

This is a fast-paced page-turner of a book destined to keep you guessing as to the outcome right on through to the dramatic and chilling conclusion.

Lorraine
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book, was an AWESOME READ!!

This book, will be my favorite for quite some time!! Characters that you can almost see in your mind. Most of the characters are involved in the Taxi business in Canada. Whether as a driver or somehow involved with one of the drivers. Bad guys abound!! Can the good guys prevail? You'll have to read this book to find out.... PS, you might need score cards to keep track of all the players...lol.
Joanna
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read! Peter Foster's writing style is straightforward, clear, and easy to follow. Although it is a quick read, the book does not short-change on plot and action. If you are interested in reading about a culture that is both very close to and very far from, that of contemporary America, Last Call at the Ringrose Pub delivers in spades. As an anglophone Canadian, I enjoyed reading about the francophone city of Montreal. This is Foster's first novel, and heralds the introduction of a fresh ne ...more
Subhash
Tehila
Nov 08, 2018

• Unspeakable Things
  • Last Day
  • The Lanvin Murders (Vintage Clothing, #1)
  • Wayward (Wayward Pines #2)
  • Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald
  • The Last Town (Wayward Pines, #3)
  • Time After Time
  • Life and Other Near-Death Experiences
  • A Beginner's Guide to Free Fall
  • Lying Next to Me
  • The Names of the Dead
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
  • A Killer's Wife (Desert Plains, #1)
  • The Girl Beneath the Sea (Underwater Investigation Unit #1)
  • Celtic Empire (Dirk Pitt, #25)
  • Tokyo Black (Thomas Caine #1)
  • Helpful Adjectives for Fiction Writers (Indie Author Resources Book 3)
  • Writing Tips From Authors - And how they became published authors
Peter C. Foster is a Montreal author, writer and erstwhile taximan. Semi-retired, he lives a quiet life in the Deep East End of the city, sipping quality wine at the Café Chabot and grilling Portuguese chicken on the barbecue.

News & Interviews