Start by marking “Last Call at the Ringrose Pub” as Want to Read:
Last Call at the Ringrose Pub

Last Call at the Ringrose Pub

Burned-out former taxi driver Erick Papineau had thought he was finally getting his life back together after bankruptcy and divorce. Then thirty thousand dollars in taxi vouchers are stolen from his old Malibu while he is upstairs making love to Rachel Van Horne in her funky little apartment. When he lies about where he was at the time, he makes himself the prime suspect i ...more
Published September 27th 2017 by Pronoun

To ask other readers questions about Last Call at the Ringrose Pub, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Call at the Ringrose Pub

Peter Foster
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Last Call at the Ringrose Pub is my first novel. I hope you will enjoy it! If you do, please take the time to post a brief review.

Writing this was a challenge for me: to see if I could write the story from beginning to end and actually finish the damn thing. Just for that, I've given myself five stars.

I wanted to produce a novel set in the West End of Montreal; there are very few published in English. And I wanted to write a story which would bring the taxi industry to life. There are lots of bo
Mokshaji Mohit
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read Last Call at the Ringrose Pub and found it riveting. I am not usually a fan of fiction novels but I thoroughly enjoyed this one from beginning to end. It's a very exciting story with plenty of plot twists to keep your attention. Rich characters and descriptive writing of the people and places captured me completely. I would strongly recommend this to anyone who enjoys thriller style novels.
Ms Hug
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Peter Foster takes us on a cleverly crafted journey through the streets of Montreal spanning four decades from the late sixties to the twenty-first century.

As we learn about the machinations of a Montreal taxi company, it becomes clear that shady dealings are afoot, and that the distant past can continue to hold sway over current developments.

This is a fast-paced page-turner of a book destined to keep you guessing as to the outcome right on through to the dramatic and chilling conclusion.

Lorraine
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book, was an AWESOME READ!!

This book, will be my favorite for quite some time!! Characters that you can almost see in your mind. Most of the characters are involved in the Taxi business in Canada. Whether as a driver or somehow involved with one of the drivers. Bad guys abound!! Can the good guys prevail? You'll have to read this book to find out.... PS, you might need score cards to keep track of all the players...lol.
Lisa Specter-dunaway
Dec 13, 2018
Tehila
marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2018
Peter C. Foster is a Montreal author, writer and erstwhile taximan. Semi-retired, he lives a quiet life in the Deep East End of the city, sipping quality wine at the Café Chabot and grilling Portuguese chicken on the barbecue.