Start by marking “Sloth (The Seven #3)” as Want to Read:
Sloth (The Seven #3)

Sloth

(Red Hot Read #3)

One fateful night, one stolen kiss, and I’m determined to prove he does care about something … me.

*** This is Book #3 in The 7 series ***

7 authors, 7 novellas, 7 deadly sins.

1. PRIDE by Scott Hildreth
6. LUST by FG Adams
7. GLUTTONY - by M.C. Webb
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition
Published October 23rd 2017 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Sloth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sloth

Start your review of Sloth (The Seven #3)
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing

description

descriptionAll the covers for this series are basically the same so all my comments will remain the same as well for each book. I like the cover on this one a lot. Obviously, it is a great representation of the story (and series). It has good composition and title work as well.description

description

descriptionI flipping LOVED this one. Super well written and paced. The plot was engaging and kept me turning the pages. The sex scenes were hot. No OW/OM drama. I LOVED Dallas with a burning passion of a thousand suns. He was the perfect an
Angela
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.0 Stars

When fate intervenes, people listen. April on the other hand, lands from one fire into another even more scorching than the previous. Now she is an accessory to murder, is turned on and in parts ashamed and exhilarated by her kidnapper/savior/murder Dallas, and completely confused by what is going on in her life. There is nothing about Dallas that is normal, but he may just be the one things that brings the broken pieces of her back to life.

This is the first book that I have read by Max
Ciru
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my favourite book in this series so far. So far.

As I am learning is the theme of these books... April and Dallas meet in the midst of violence... against April...and Dallas is the "knight in leather amour" who knocks her down and then saves her.

Evil men shouldn’t be this attractive. The two things should be mutually exclusive concepts; otherwise, it’s not fair.

Right off the bat...Dallas is just a scary individual. And also endearingly crazy. Their banter was so funny. One trying to act l
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
“the sin of sloth with four characteristics (1)carelessness, (2) unwillingness to act, (3) half-hearted effort, and (4) becoming easily discouraged by any possible difficulty.” -Brian hedges

I included that above quote because sloth is more than just lazy! It’s about inaction! There’s three ways you see sloth represented in this story and I didn’t fully understand until I looked further into what the sin of sloth is! So before you read take the above quote into mind and it’ll help you too see ho
Payne’s Bookworm Reviews (Samantha Payne)
Wow, oh wow, OH WOW!!! Where do I start to tell you how MUCH you MUST read this book. If you have read something by Max Henry before then you are aware that her brain is very special. If you have read a previous book from the red hot reads series she has written then you know her books are always filled with twists, turns, steamy moments and OMG moments and this book is no exception.

April is ready for her life to be over, she was hoping that tonight would be the last time that Terry would be abl
Robyn Corcoran
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I finally managed to read this after having it on my kindle for ages and I’m glad I did too.

A very different story about an abused young woman fleeing her rotter of a boyfriend, who just so happens to be trying to kill her! 😲 Being hit by a car while being chased by Terry, the bastard boyfriend, wasn’t exactly how April thought she might get out of things but it helped, sort of! Enter Dallas!

April’s life had never been all rainbows and unicorns and so she didn’t expect it to be which was sad in
Momma Hellmouth
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s, review-tour
My Review of The 7: Sloth (The Seven #3)
by Max Henry
My Rating 4.5 Stars

When I first saw this collection was coming to fruition I wanted to read them all, I wasn’t sure what I would be reading since it’s all the Seven Deadly Sins, and who knows where that could go within these pages.
Loved this one! Knight to the rescue, or so your think?? Dallas was off the charts sexy and April was the perfect heroine. This was a hot fan yourself read with the scenes within these pages. Great Read!
** I voluntari
Ree
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
April has been just merely existing, it seems, until a chain of events triggered by her boyfriend's attempt to mortally harm her shake up her thought processes. Dallas, her "saviour" is exactly as her first impression: deadly, dark & dangerous. Her first instinct warns her to run away, yet April's inertia places her deeply in Dallas' clutches, with escape routes disappearing the longer she stays.

This is a story that had me wishing I could jump into the book and smack the heroine upside the head,
Ria Alexander  - Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Beware the knight in shining armour

Max Henry has outshone herself with this novella SLOTH. Max has taken a different approach to others who have written about the sin of Sloth, she does not look at the slow lazy aspect, instead she approaches it from the angle of constant inaction.

April is a young woman who has finally decided to run away from an abusive relationship, only to be rescued by Dallas, who may be even deadlier. The twists and turns that are woven throughout this story are simply mi
Caroline
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: max-henry
7 authors, 7 novellas, 7 deadly sins. Sloth is Book #3 in The 7 series. She’s given up believing that anybody in this world genuinely cares for another. « There is no happiness in forever, only the fleeting satisfaction you get from surviving another day. » Until one fateful night, one stolen kiss, and she’s determined to prove he does care about something … her. If I was a Max Henry virgin before, I’m not anymore. Utterly caught under her spell. Sloth is short, sharp, and spectacular. « Look af ...more
Christina  Fender
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
April is a girl who is literally being beaten by her boyfriend when our story starts. Dallas seriously runs into her, hits her with his car. Yes, this is how our two main characters meet.

We find that both April and Dallas have many secrets, which are slowly revealed throughout the book. I very much enjoyed both characters.

As with a lot of the books in this anthology when you finished reading I had to sit back for a few to get the sin reference as most took a very original twist to them with th
Becky Baldridge
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sloth isn't romantic. It's not a hearts and flowers kind of tale. What it is, is dark, twisted, and disturbing. It's a riveting story of abuse, control, betrayal, and obsession. Dallas and April come together under some extreme circumstances and she soon finds out that her savior may very well be her undoing. Their story is a fast-paced, can't catch your breath whirlwind of darkness and lust. Max Henry has a writing style talent for story-telling that catches a reader up quickly and doesn't let ...more
Linda Diamond
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The 7: Sloth

Holy smokes talk about intense, dang this book will grip you from page 1 until the very end!! Dallas is sick and twisted but wow!!! I couldn't get enough of him!! He's tough , rough and sexy as sh##! April oh my she starts out confused and a little scared when she first mets Dallas but she soon becomes just as bad as# as him!! This book isn't for everyone but if you like things a twisted dark and freaking awesome give this a try!! I love it! Found myself rooting for Dallas from the s
JB's Book Obsession - Jennifer
Dark and dirty kept me wanting more

This is a new author for me and I plan to check out her other work. Dallas and April meet under star her circumstances. April is running from her abusive boyfriend into the arms of a killer who saves her life on more than one occasion. The story ends up with a little bit of a Bonnie and Clyde feel at the end which I loved. There was plenty of hot sex and scenes that stole my breath. Which is great in such a short read. Awesome definitely recommend.
Phyl
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a great concept, 7 authors, 7 deadly sins.
Trying to escape her abusive boyfriend she’s wishes for a knight to come and save her instead she gets a manipulative asshole. He saves her from her ex, ‘I saved your life, I own you’. Their relationship is strange, she becomes his she’s not happy that she goes from an abusive ex to an controlling asshole. It’s not a typical relationship or romantic.

Reva Coomer
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great short read!

Dallas is every girls dream by looks alone. It's his dark side that would scare most away, but not April. She is in trouble, lost, wondering without direction and needs Dallas more than she knows. A chance encounter answers all her prayers and brings out a side of Dallas no one has ever seen. Can these two make it?
Janice Kidd
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has all the feels. April is trying to run from abuse to keep finding it at every turn. She ends up running into Dallas. I will let you read about their explosive relationship.

This is a must read.
Suzzy
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heavy duty book

This was a great read. Dark and full of craziness. Loved it a lot. Thank you for writing it for us
A.D. Herrick
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy wow

Talk about a fantastic ride! Non-stop action and a true to the word sexy bad boy! This book has it all in spades!
Rita
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hot

Hot hot crazy hot. A lot of hot crazy wierd stuff happening in this story. Read it in less than 1hr was a smooth read.
Jeanne
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really good DARK romance. Her rescuer is not the good guy, but that doesn’t mean he’s not the right guy. Definitely shows what someone is willing to accept and do for their person.
Deb
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whoa!

This was different and shocking, in a good way, lol. Very surprising and I like that in a story. Never see it coming and yet very enjoyable.
Lois
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not my reality

Wishful thinking. I’d love to encounter a man like Dallas. I like imagining that I could find a guy like Dallas. No luck so far but it’s exciting to imagine.
Sofia´s Beddable Reads

Oh wow, that was definitely a surprise.

My first reads by Max Henry were "Desire" and "Regret" and I absolutely loved them.

And even though these are supposed to be "sexy over-the-top novella(s) for a bit of fun.", the writing style still comes through and it's almost impossible not to become emotional while reading.

I'll definitely be checking out the rest of the "Red Hot Reads".
Marnie
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🔥🔥🔥 From the fat to the fires of hell and back with a love that defies society’s rules 🔥🔥🔥

LADYKILLER is the third book in Max Henry’s new RED HOT READ series and was previously published as 'Sloth', book 3 in the Seven Deadly Sins multi-author series. She states that “each of these scorching novellas promise to turn up the heat and singe your sheets 😉” and she is never one to back away from a goal. It was released recently, and I’ve just consumed it in one sitting!

This is dark, and our heroine i
Heather Packer
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The latest installment from Max Henry is another fantastically Red Hot Read!
With a gripping entrance to the story I really liked this non hero combination. April is beaten and battered but still fighting for herself, she’s a spicy little one!
Dallas is not a good guy. It took me a while to get him, but once I stopped trying to make him the good guy in my head he won me over.
Its hot, it’s dirty, it’s a little messed up. Something outside of the norm. A little snippet of the author who wrote Sawyer
Robyn Corcoran
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Bookcrazy
May 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

Just to complete this litte erotica novel series. But it was such a cruel nonsense.
Choking her, calling her bitch and being excited that she is so down that he is her only chance.
I really hated this 'love story'. He kills her violent ex and then the killing in the end and that he is the son of a governeur. Such nonsense.

Some samples of his nice behavior:

"Fuck, you`re such a stupid bitch." "Pardon?" I physically reel at the bluntness of his words....

".. making me a goddamn coffee after I choked t
Jessica
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I volunteered to read this book. No form of payment was received.

This is the first book I have read from this author. I look forward to reading more.

I personally think this novella is the darkest of the ones I have read in this series. There were times my heart was beating super fast from what was going on. I wanted to tell April at times to get find a way to get out but at other times I was wanting her to stay with Dallas and see what was coming next.

Dark and twisted.

I highly recommend this
~lil maso~
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a great concept, 7 authors, 7 deadly sins.

Trying to escape her abusive boyfriend she wishes for a knight to come and save her instead she gets a manipulative asshole.

He saves her from her ex, ‘I saved your life, I own you’.
Their relationship is strange, she becomes his, she’s not happy that she goes from an abusive ex to a controlling asshole.

It’s not a typical relationship or romantic.

*ARC received in exchange for an honest review*

phyl

For more reviews, news and giveaways, check out Saucy

• Wrath (The Deadliest Sin #1)
  • Greed (The Seven #2)
  • Mercy for Three (Harem of Three #1)
  • Honor for Three (Harem of Three #2)
  • Play it Again
  • Fireman Daddy (Crescent Cover, #9.5)
  • Switch Bidder (Jock Hard #2.5)
  • Overcast (B723, #1)
  • Surrender
  • The Test (The List, #2)
  • The Outlaw and the Princess
  • Wanting Her Stepdad
  • His Innocent Flower
  • Forbidden
  • Invasion
  • Iron (Exiled Guardians MC Book 8)
  • Tamed By The Highlander
  • His BBQ Beauty
Facebook -> http://bit.ly/2F4XrG3
Instagram -> http://bit.ly/2ruERF3
Newsletter -> http://eepurl.com/gchq5z

For as long as she can remember, Max has always had a love of the macabre and thought provoking side to life.

Which probably stands to reason why each of her books takes the reader on an emotional journey that not only promises twists, turns, and suspense but a heart-wrenching journey where her

Red Hot Read (4 books)
  • One More Night (Red Hot Read, #1)
  • Playing with the Boss (Red Hot Read Book 2)
  • Physical Therapy (Red Hot Read Book 4)

News & Interviews