Start by marking “Out of Goodbyes (Hopelessly Devoted #2)” as Want to Read:
Out of Goodbyes (Hopelessly Devoted #2)

Out of Goodbyes

(Hopelessly Devoted #2)

Just when Rainey finally gets her life together, her high school sweetheart, Parker, decides he’s ready to fight for her. His promises threaten to tear apart all that Rainey has fought for. Her happiness and heart included.

Levi Hayes has fought hard for Rainey’s trust. When he finally wins her heart, he fears it all might be taken away. But he’ll fight for Rainey, even if
Published January 2018 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Out of Goodbyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of Goodbyes

Badass Bloggettes
Out of Goodbyes is the second book in Gen Ryan’s Hopelessly Devoted series. It picks up immediately after When We Were Young with Parker showing up on Rainey’s doorstep to beg for another chance. Ms. Ryan is an excellent writer who uses alternating points of view to take the reader inside the head of her characters. When We Were Young is Rainey deciding what is the best decision to go back to Parker or more forward with Levi.

Rainey put her heart and soul into her marriage with Parker. Parker
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You MUST read When We Were Young first! This story picks up right where the cliffhanger left off at. It’s a novella, so it’s a quick read and an emotional story.

After the cliffhanger from WWWY, I was dying to know who Rainey would end up with. And she did the best thing, she chose herself. She decided she was putting herself and her happiness first. Which is a lesson I think lots of people need to learn, especially while going through heartbreak.

Another great story from Gen Ryan!! I have absol
Reckless Readers
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gen Ryan is brilliant, let me start of by saying that. This series leaves me at a loss for words to adequately describe how I feel about Out of Goodbyes. I loved everything about it. Rainey deserves to be happy and the way that Gen has written this following on from When We Were Young was perfect. I am happy with the direction that this story took. There are a lot of raw emotion within this book which Gen captures beautifully. I look forward to the next book in the series.

***Reviewed by Codie**
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Stars!

Out of Goodbyes is book two in the Hopelessly Devoted. It can not be read as a standalone, you must read When We Were Young first. This one picks up where the last one left off. Rainey is just ready to move on from Parker when he shows back up. My heart went out to Rainey. She's worked so hard to get to where is she. I was kind of mad at Parker for coming back. I really liked Levi and was so hoping that Levi would be the one for Rainey. Levi has had he relationship issues too. He's v
Angie
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this second part in the series. Just went Book one tore me up, the second one filled my heart. Rainey has finally realized that she’s worth finding her own happiness. After everything Parker and her had been through.
While struggling with depression and a life changing event.
Levi is an absolutely amazing man. Having gone through so much and losing what he thought was his true love to someone else. He tries to move on without much success. Until now.
This installment will leav
United Indie Book Blog
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Out of Goodbyes is second in the series so be sure to read book one so you can meet the characters and not be confused. I’m happy with the way Rainey’s story ended. Out of Goodbyes is a sweet read of her finally surrendering to herself and allowing her to just be happy. I enjoyed it and look forward to the next in the series.

Review by Raychel
Megan Lowe
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy Lord, I loved this book! Levi is everything!
I loved the all encompassing love Gen captured here. I also loved how it covered all the bad stuff too. Life isn’t perfect and neither is any of the relationships featured, but I love how it was all handled here.
This was a great end to the duo and I canNOT wait for the next two books!
Cynthia
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This picks up where the other one left off with another very emotional read that is a big roller-coaster ride as much as the first one was. This is a very talented author that really knows how to pull on your heart strings. We start off with Parker going to Rainey’s home and begging for another chance, he will do anything to get back the woman he loves. Will Rainey’s give that chance and will Parker be willing to give her what she needs or could there be someone else putting a tailspin on the ou ...more
Sassy Southern
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series and book one, When We Were Young, needs to be read first.
Rainey Matthews had her life change on her in an instant and all her dreams were gone when her husband, Parker Matthews, said their marriage was over. Yet she slowly began to find herself again with the help of Levi Hayes.
But now Parker has changed his mind and wants Rainey back. Will she allow him a second chance like she has always done or will she find that it is time to live for herself?
This was su
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
A beautifully emotional realistic look at relationships. I wanted another story but that doesn't mean this isn't perfect as is.

What I wanted. (view spoiler)
Teri
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She is finally getting her life together and here he comes. So typical, isn't it. Just as you clear your mind and move on here they come back to remind you. There is so much going on in this story and Rainey is feeling it all. It's up to her to decide if there is anything left. While Rainey battles with her decisions things are happening that make the decision easier. How do you choose between the man who has helped you heal and the one that you thought was your soul mate and lifelong partner. R ...more
Rebecca Austin
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
This was such a great book and really addresses what so many women go through or have gone through.

I loved how Rainey finally followed her own path and did what was right for her - independent of both Parker and Levi. I loved her friendship with Ava and how when Rainey needed her the most she showed up to support her with everything.

I was amazed at how much Parker grew up in this book and changed. I loved seeing the change.

Levi was such a great guy and really truly listened to Rainey and was aw
Renee Mccleary
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Book That Stays With You!!

Every now and then there is a book that comes along that you really can connect with both the story and the characters and you know that book will stay with you, this book is one of those for me!! I love Rainey, Levi and Parker. Its is both beautiful and heartbreaking! There are definitely parts that had tears rolling down my face and other parts that had me a big swooning like a teenage girl!! Its about finding yourself again after heartbreak and learning to love aga
Vickie Chaisson
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Out of Goodbyes is so well written you will need a box of Kleenex by your side for the sheer emotional weight of this story. Gen Ryan has written the perfect ending to When We Were Young. Rainey has a decision to make about her own happiness and she makes the right one for the first time in a long time she picks her. Her happiness, her future and her joy. That is the hardest decision for most of us to make. You have to give past whatever negative thoughts and forces are in your life to find happ ...more
Jennifer Richey
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Wow the conclusion to Rainey’s story had me in tears in some of it she had the guy that she has been in love with since she was 16 back In her life than she had Levi! We got to see some of Levi’s background of why his heart was broke but can Rainey fix it, such an amazing book and I can’t wait to read Parker’s book!
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, romance
This is another emotionally charged story that had on a rollercoaster of emotions. This is a story about finding one’s self, happiness, and love. The characters are complex, and believable. I highly recommend reading the first book, When We Were Young, before reading this story. This book picks up right after the events of the first book.
Ruth Bishop
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the conclusion to Rainey's story. I could picture this story happening in true life. The story is hard and raw.Rainey was finally moving on with her life after her husband cheated and left her. Now He's come back thinking she will take him back.she deserves her happy too well worth the read.
Shaylene Sunday
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 star

This was a great book. It was easy to follow and the storyline was perfect. I loved Rainey and how she came through depression. Although I wanted a different ending for her it was perfect the way it was. I can't wait to read the next book about Parks.
Lindsey Kramer
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rainey and Levi were one of my favorite fictional couples so far in 2018. Their story was full of funny, beautiful, heartbreaking, and happy moments. I was sad to get to the end of their story because I never wanted it to end. I loved them both.
Ruthie
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing love story that captures your heart and leaves you mesmerized by the choices "Raindrop" makes and how far she comes!
Codie
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Rainey and Levi became one of my favorite fictional couples after I read this book. Readers are going to love them too.
Skye McNeil
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gen does it again! Absolutely LOVED the conclusion of Rainey's romance. I'm pretty sure every girl deserves a Levi in their life.
T. Birmingham
Jan 12, 2019
Raychel Faulkner
Dec 25, 2017
Gen Ryan
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Bex 'n' Books
Oct 04, 2017
Paula White
Feb 10, 2018
Crystal
Feb 02, 2019
Melissa
Feb 18, 2019
Gen Ryan is an international best-selling author that spends her days as a forensic psychologist filling the minds of college students with everything they need to know to be good at their jobs. From profiling, to interrogation and ending with her absolute favorite, serial killers. Her nights, however, are spent crafting stories that will tear a reader’s heart out and twist their minds at the same ...more

Hopelessly Devoted (4 books)
  • When We Were Young (Hopelessly Devoted Book 1)
  • More Than Words (Hopelessly Devoted #3)
  • She's Everything (Hopelessly Devoted #4)