Start by marking “Dirt (Evergreen, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dirt (Evergreen, #1)

Dirt

(Evergreen #1)

The hard-hitting, emotional first installment in a new series from New York Times bestselling author Cassia Leo.

Jack and I had everything. Then, in one brutal instant, the universe tilted on its side, discarding us into black nothingness.

Now, I have a cocky a**hole for a husband.

The only way we communicate anymore is when we’re fighting or f**king.

With nothing left to los
375 pages
Published January 10th 2018 by Gloss Publishing LLC (first published December 31st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Dirt, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Eve (Between The Bookends)

description
descriptionI am not sure how I feel about this book. I was expecting something dark, twisted, dirty and revenge like and that isn't what this book was AT ALL. It was basically just a relationship on the rocks story with two annoying main characters, with a third (whose purpose is still unclear) thrown in. *shrug*

description

The writing was good. The pace was great. The plot was engaging but not very exciting. I kind of felt like not much really happened. It lacked intrigue. I wanted to read more about Jack's hunt for
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“ We weren’t just lovers. We weren’t just husband and wife. We weren’t just best friends. We were survivors, bound to each other by the excruciating torture no one should ever have to endure.

Well this story certainly came out with a bang! I was hoping for an immediate emotional connection with these characters and I have to say, I got it within the first chapter. “Dirt" isn’t your ordinary story. This dealt with loss, revenge, and picking up the broken pieces when your entire world was lite
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
3.5 STARS
This pretty much sums up my thoughts after flipping the last page of Dirt!

I literally sat on the edge of my bed for a few minutes in shock. Like, did this seriously just happen?

So, long story short, this book left me split down the middle. There was so much about it that I really enjoyed. The book pulled me in immediately. It's unique. I've never read a plot like this before and it got me right in the feels up front. I adore that. The opener is a real shocker, it's fantastic. If angs
Paige
3.5 Stars

Dirt is the first in a new duet. While it wasn’t as angsty or heart wrenching as I expected, the ending left me with a punch to the gut and I have no idea how it’s going to play out and I need to know.

ARC provided to A is for Alpha B is for Books for honest review.
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4.5 Stars *****

After a tragic event, Laurel and Jack's marriage suffered the aftereffects. Jack wanted revenge and justice. Laurel wanted to let it go and move on.

The two couldn't find the balance they previously had, so Laurel moved to her mother's house in Portland during the separation.

As she started to fix up her mother's home and garden, she developed a relationship with her sexy neighbor. A relationship that didn't involve sex or money.

Isaac is patient, attentive, and kind. Althou
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Damn that was completely addicting and left me wanting more!!! Dirt is the first book in a new series by Cassia Leo and follows the story of Laurel and Jack as they try to navigate their life after the most traumatic experience anyone can go through.
Their life though still filled with passion and heat lacks that all encompassing love they once shared because of heartbreak and hurt and not being able to move forward.
I felt their pain and sorrow and despite the separation I could see the love th
Courtney
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
So this book took me way longer to read than I had anticipated. :/

My review is definitely more on the unpopular side, so please remember it's my take on the book. And parts of it may seem like I am being an asshole, but it's these instances that hurt the book for me.

I had no expectaions going into this book. I know who Cassia is but have never read of any of her books before. Her writing technique was difficult for me to grasp on to; it felt sort of all over the place. Her writing style is new t
Rejane
Jan 18, 2018 marked it as not-interested
I read some books from this author in the past. I enjoyed them. I have a couple more in my “want to read “ shelf. But nowadays, these 3 words make me pass a long way from this book: “Three books series”. Isn’t that overrated? IMO, it is. It’s tiresome.
And a hint of a triangle?! Zero patience

Carlene Inspired
Dirt is book one in the new Evergreen series from Cassia Leo and it's the kind of book where you can't talk about much without giving the plot away. It features massive heartbreak and angst, the kind Cassia Leo is famous for. It's sexy, unique, and impossible to put down. Laurel is one of three main characters, her life in tattered pieces after a disastrous evening that has left her struggling to pick up the pieces. Her husband, Jack, won't let go of that night, hell bent on discovering the trut ...more
Paganalexandria
Jack and Laurel were the poster children of the American dream. He is the handsome tech CEO, she the devoted wife, and new mother to their beautiful son. An unfathomable tragedy turns that perfection into a nightmare of epic proportions. They separate as a means to preserve sanity, and marriage before their low blows kill what love that still exists. The last thing this situation needs is Laurel's swoon worthy new neighbor Isaac, always willing to lend a hand, or listening ear...
description

The Good:
1. Thi
Amy
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5, Gimmie The Next Book NOW, Stars!!

“Forgiveness is for pussies. All I wanted was revenge.”

“How could two people who knew each other the way we did feel like strangers?”

“I think you only get one true love in this life. And if it’s not the fight-me-tooth-and-nail, leave-me-bloody-and-gasping-for-air-kind of love, I don’t want it.”

“Sometimes, all someone needs is for one person to say yes instead of no.”

I want to yell! I want to scream! I want to rage!! I can’t even right now!! I mean, what did
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

Cocktails and Books received this book for free from Inkslinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect our opinion of the book or the content of our review.This book and I had a difficult relationship.  Seems I wanted one thing and that didn't jive with where the book was going.

Jack and Laurel suffer a horrible tragedy, but they don't grieve it together.  Jack is set on revenge, taking to Facebook and investigators to fin
Lisa Aiello
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this through NetGalley for my honest review.

3.5 stars for me

I am not sure what to think right now and am torn. So I shall do the rambly thing....On the one hand, I really enjoyed the premise of this story a lot. I was completely intrigued and flew threw the book. Jack and Laurel suffer a huge tragedy, and their marriage is at a stalemate and in seriously decline. We start out seeing Laurel leaving Jack, but he comes after her, and they do what they do best, they have sex - h
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
WHAT!?!
SERIOUSLY!?!?!
How could you end a novel like this!
I need more!!!!!!!

Dirt is a heart wrenching novel about a husband and a wife going through life's worst tragedy. This story is the aftereffects of how a tragedy such as this one can slowly destroy a marriage until there is nothing left.

Laurel has had enough of her husband Jack obsessing over the tragedy that took place two years ago. Jack has broken promise after promise and Laurel is sick of it. She decides a separation is needed so she
Cassia Leo
Jan 11, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
DIRT IS LIVE! And it's 99¢ during release week!

➜ Amazon http://bit.ly/dirtamazon

➞ Paperback: http://bit.ly/dirtamzpb

READ CHAPTER 1➜ http://bit.ly/dirtchapter1
Nicole Tillman
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cassia Leo--the only woman who can break me with a prologue, feign putting me back together again with every passing chapter, and then deliver a fatal karate chop to the neck with an ending.
If there's one thing Cassia excels at, it's making you doubt what you know to be true; not just in her stories, but in your own life. As you grow closer to these relatable characters, you begin seeing yourself in their words, their actions, their feelings. You think you know them because, in some small part,
Wit & Wonder Books
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Astonishing amounts of grief, anger and passion fill the many pages of Dirt, the first installment of the Evergreen series by Cassia Leo. A very unique, raw tale of two shattered souls that will leave you speechless.

When your perfect life is undoubtedly shattered beyond measure and now you look into a broken mirror, one you don’t recognize, you must learn to cope. As you replace the broken pieces, you learn they don’t fit tight and
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
Oh Boy!

Where do I go with this? it's difficult given the circumstances that befell these two MC's.

The books start right in the meat of things. A perfect couple with a perfect life and a healthy sex life to boot. Then... Tragedy.

Two years after this tragedy, their marriage is falling apart. And even though they love one another, the heroine has been left to the wayside while her husband obsesses over solving the crime that changed their lives. The neglect the heroine feels paired with her thwarte
Shyralf
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Stars! Wow...holy cliffhanger! I love a good Marriage strife trope, and this one was a doozie. Jack and Laurel are married when they experienced a tragic loss, both of them are still trying to come to grips with there current circumstance. So why not throw in another guy ( Isaac) to make everything even more complicated? So can you say love triangle? Yes! I love those too. I like where this is going and it’s a trilogy. ...more
Paula Jackman
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is nothing I love more than starting a book and getting hooked from the first chapter. But every time I read one of Cassia Leo's books, I know this is going to happen.

My emotions were all over the place with this book. What Jack and Laurel go through will break your heart. They are both dealing in their own ways, and both trying to stay strong and keep it all together.

It is such an emotional story, but there are also some laugh-out-loud moments, which I think really balanced things out and
Mari
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Well what a mixed bag of nuts this one brought out. I just say cliffy alert I was not prepared. I had an idea this is a series yeah but somehow I think. I didn't know what to expect going in but it was definitely not anything I had in mind it wasn't convoluted. Knowing Cassia there is drama and some angst to be had.

So these two had a terrible and awful thing happen that shifted the course of their relationship. Everything was fine and dandy then bam.Well suffice to say they could've coped bette
Tianna✸loves books✸
Envywho
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
It started of strong but fizzled out towards the middle of the book. So I had to stop, too many books to read.
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By

Dirt came up on the PR lists and I thought it sounded good. A three part series but I can deal with that. Cassia Leo was a name I had heard before but never read anything by her so I figured I would give it a try. I am damn happy and damn frustrated. Happy, because Dirt was outstanding. Tension, angst, heartbreak, love, all the goodies that I only like IF it is written well and Dirt is very well written. Frustration because there are some authors who leave you cliffhanging where it's cool. You c
Megan
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
4.5 "That ending" Stars

Okay so I LOVE everything that I've gotten my hands on from Cassia Leo so when this came out no way was I about to wait for Seed (Evergreen, #2) by Cassia Leo to come out. Did I regret this decision ummm yes and no.... I loved this book. The ups and downs, the pain and promises, the twists everything except that ending!!!

description

That ending killed me and I NEED not want but NEED Seed (Evergreen, #2) by Cassia Leo to come out like tomorrow. Seriously!!
This is not just your typical lovers come together story it is a book of grief, pain, pleasure
Brenna Aubrey
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking and addictive!

Cassia Leo’s Dirt was like no other story I’ve read before. Unique, refreshing, totally immersive and with plot twists that had me catching my breath over and over again. Don’t miss out on this fantastic, hooky read!

Vera
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing

AMAZING!

Jack and Laurel had it all. Love, marriage, happiness. Until one night tragedy strikes and everything changes. Now, two years later, Laurel decides that she needs to move on and find a meaning for her life. Even if that means a separation from Jack. But will Jack let her go?

I loved Dirt! Jack and Laurel's story sparked my interest when I read Dirt's blurb and it hooked me once I started reading. Theirs is a heartbreaking story, full of drama, angst and grief, with hot sexy scenes and s
Karen Cimms
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm hooked!
Christie72
I’m kind of speechless after reading Dirt. Cassia Leo has delivered, in my opinion, her best book yet! It’s a top 2018 and All-Time favorite read for me!!! To say, this is an emotional read would be a mild understatement. Laurel and Jack had a life and marriage people dream about. Then, in an instant, their world was turned upside down, and their lives would never be the same. The two of them would also change as individuals. Grief has a way of doing that to a person.

“We weren’t just lovers. We
Chelé
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
MY FIRST 5 STAR OF THE YEAR!! Cassia absolutely KILLED it with this story! From the first chapter you're already pulled in and wishing your eyes could move faster over the words. Dirt is gritty, maddening, heartbreaking, it's emotional and sad but really alluring and seductive!! Leo's writing is really smart and sharp!

I whole heartrendingly believe that for this particular type of story you need to go in knowing NOTHING! So, my review will be short and to the point because I actually don't want

• Winter Blues
  • The Fallen (Crow City, #1.5)
  • Abduction
  • Something Worth Saving
  • The Frenchman's Captive Wife
  • Leaving Sophie Dean
  • Forgotten Passion
  • Mercy, Bound, Released (Mercy, Bound, Released, #1-3)
  • Hidden Love
  • Denied (The Monster Trilogy Book 2)
  • Desert Star (The NOVA Trilogy, Book 2)
  • The Edge of Us
  • Her Master's Christmas
  • Zenith Falling (Zenith Trilogy, #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cassia Leo grew up in California and has lived in three different countries. She loves to travel and her dream is to one day score a record deal based on her awesome shower singing skills. She is the author of the Shattered Hearts series (Relentless, Pieces of You, Bring Me Home). She is also the author of the popular Luke and Chase series.

Come chat