Start by marking “Torn Away” as Want to Read:
Torn Away

Torn Away

(The Torn Series #1)

1st PLACE WINNER OF THE SARATOGA RWA GREAT BEGINNINGS CONTEST

Drew Duncan swore he’d never go back to Ember Falls again. After he was wrongfully charged with his high school girlfriend’s murder, he waited for a trial that never came. When he was released from jail a year later, he left everything behind. But when his sister is murdered, Drew is forced to return to the home
Published November 1st 2017 by The Wild Rose Press (first published May 24th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Torn Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torn Away

Start your review of Torn Away
Robyn
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Drew Duncan and his two sisters did not have a happy home life. Their mother was long gone and their father was nothing more than an abusive alcoholic. When their father was in a rage, Drew did everything in his power to protect his sisters and took the brunt of their fathers abuse while his sisters stayed hidden. Things never seemed to improve for the siblings either. Instead, they took a turn for the worst when Drew was accused of murdering his high school girlfriend. Jailed for a year, then f ...more
DLV
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Enjoyed this book ALOT!!
The characters are likeable.
The story was interesting and
had a Great pace!!
Lacie Jones
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recieved a copy of this book through Voracious Readers Only. I absolutely fell in love. This book made me laugh and cry. The author did an amazingly spectacular job! I suggest this book to any and all. It has that special hook that draws a reader into that world and doesn't let go. I sincerely look forward to book 2. Please keep me in mind so I can find out what happens next!!
TDCbookreviews
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is about Drew and his sisters as well as his nephew that he didn't know had existed for many years. Drew left after being accused of murdering his then girlfriend, leaving his sisters to fend for their selves with their abusive and sadistic father. He receives an email from his sister and goes home to find that one of his sisters has been murdered.

Drew was able to be healed from the abuse by joining the marines and having a father figure to look up to and one that supported him. The same c
Sophie ARGINTARU
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Après une première scène, disons le mot, ratée, avec pleins de prénoms et d’évènements lancés à la tête du lecteur qui ne retient rien (j’ai été obligée de la relire) et une trentaine de pages de mise en place de l’intrigue… j’ai persévéré et j’ai découvert en fait un très bon romantic suspense qui s’améliore de page en page. Et à la moitié de l’intrigue, je ne pouvais plus le lâcher. Il trouve alors un très bon rythme de croisière, une vraie intensité, et des rebondissements dont certains inatt ...more
Jeff
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are some great, well-drawn characters in this spellbinding mystery, however, the story really drags through the trite and tedious sex scene. But worst of all, there are many significant unfinished threads and the story ends in an annoying cliffhanger. This is a despicable practice and I cannot recommend anybook or author that perpetrates it.

Violet Anderson ultimately delivers an excellent performance. At first, her voice might seem a bit too sweet and youthful for this story, but she hand
K Huskić
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After being accused of a crime he didn't commit, and copping years of abuse by his father, Drew left his family and his hometown and joined the Marines. Years later, he is called back home after the brutal murder of his sister. His sister had a young son, Cole, who has also suffered some abuse, and Drew is determined to be a stable male influence in his life.

I loved this book and honestly did not want to put it down. The characters are well written, and the story really draws you in, with myste
Donna
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Got a copy of this book through Voracious Readers. I loved it the story gripped me from the very start and tbh I struggled to put it down. This book has it all Murder, family ties, love story . Something for everyone.
Mely C.
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Avis à venir
Jada Ryker
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Big Boys Do Cry”

Family history repeats itself in Kelli. Her father was an abusive alcoholic. She perpetrates the cycle of abuse when she marries her high school boyfriend. She finally breaks away with her young son, but Kelli fears she’ll never truly be free.

Drew has been estranged from the family for years, “torn away” by events beyond his control. When Kelli reaches out to him for help, he returns to Ember Falls.

Drew’s battles cross the past and the present. He was jailed for a crime he didn
Isabelle MBTL
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

A suspense novel about family and how it can shape a person.

I took a leap of faith choosing to read this novel, because is different from what I normally read. I have been pleasantly surprise.

Addictiveness: This is a dark, emotional read! Is not easy, but it kept me on the edge of my seat until the end.
Character: hero 4/5, secondary characters 4/5, growth 4/5, real 4/5  Drew has lots of baggage. He was able to rebuilt himself after leaving his homet

Sheri Cawley
Oct 06, 2016
Julie Duong
Feb 26, 2017
Vincent Morrone
May 02, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Minerva Casas Gonzalez
Arlena Dean
Aug 20, 2018
Mely C.
Jan 04, 2019

• For the Fight (Elite SWAT #1)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • The Numbers Killer (An Agent Victoria Heslin Thriller, #1)
  • Beneath This Mask (Enhanced, #3)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • Slippery When Wet (Ford Brothers, #4)
  • Survivor (Survivor, #1)
  • The Worst Bad Thing
  • Lost and Found (Twist of Fate, #1)
  • Too Good to be True (Sweet Valley High, #11)
  • Forget Me Not (Blue Rose Series Book 1)
  • Star Walk (Lacey Fitzpatrick and Sam Firecloud #3)
  • Love Me, Darling
  • A Man Who Rides
  • Hades Academy: First Semester
  • Catching the Last Tram
  • Kidnapped! (Sweet Valley High, #13)
  • Murder in Mind (Sloane Monroe, #2)
Born and raised in Brooklyn NY, Vincent Morrone now resides in Upstate NY with his wife. (Although he can still speak fluent Brooklynese.) His twin daughters remain not only his biggest fans, but usually are the first to read all of his work. Their home is run and operated for the comfort and convenience of their dogs.

Vincent has been writing fiction, poetry and song lyrics for as long as he can

The Torn Series (2 books)
  • Torn in Two (The Torn Series Book 2)

News & Interviews