Start by marking “Musings of a Gossip Queen” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Thoughts of the day:

1. Silas is a sex bomb
2. Madison is determined to ruin my life
3. Nothing online is EVER private, no matter how insane your “strong” password is.

#FML

Gossip queen Blake Spencer thought she received the opportunity of a lifetime when she was offered a writing position as a gossip columnist at Hot Topic magazine. By day, she’s a model columnist that quick
ebook
Published January 4th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Musings of a Gossip Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Musings of a Gossip Queen

Paula  Phillips
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it

As a blogger myself, I think the majority of writers dreams are to write for a gossip magazine as you are constantly exposed to the world of celebrities and drama-filled lives. When I saw this book, I knew I wanted to read it as I love books about other journalists and columnists. For me, growing up this was always one of my dream jobs. Musings of a Gossip Queen introduces us to Blake Spencer aka Carolina to her model roommate Taylor. Blake has been picked up by Hot Topic magazine after they dis
Maria "Rosie" Poli
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, chick-lit, favorites
Musings of a Gossip Queen by Victoria Bright Victoria Bright

1. YES!! Silas is a sex bomb.
2. YES! Madison is determined to ruin Blake's life, but Karma is a bitch!
3. YES! Lesson learned! Nothing online is EVER private, no matter how insane your “strong” password is.

I loved this book! Blake is witty, young and tenacious. This book was hard to put down, it is fast paced and had me laughing. Blake starts in her dream job and has a fantastic start, with everything going her way and making her a star. But, everything that goes up, must come down and down sh
Beth
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I promoted this book my book blog, and was so curious about it, had 2 know more, I loved the doodles they were teasers that were used within the PR materials, totally made me laugh and I had to see where Victoria would take the book, I have never read any of Victoria's books before and I can not wait to read more in the future. love, love, love, the cover. I think I've said in my lifetime over and over, the saying ... "what goes around, comes around" ...it's true in all areas of life and so true ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Musings of a Gossip Queen took me on a journey of the main character Blake Spencer and on her road to self-discovery. This was a book that made me laugh, squirm, chuckle and at times wanting to slap the face of some of the characters.

When reading her personal, private blog I was left cringing hoping that it wasn’t heading in the direction I thought it was heading. I really enjoyed the side characters and friends of gossip queen, Blake, and the way they all had a specific purpose to the journey
Tisha 'Gardner' Clark
I voluntarily read the arc copy of this book. Loved everything from start to finish. Every page had a laugh out loud moment. Like seriously you guys, this book was hilarious! You get everything from love, drama, angst and more. The only thing I did not like was how Blake decided to get back with Silas after he dumped her. He should have had more faith in her. But she really liked him and Madison tarnished their relationship, so I guess starting fresh was good. I wish she would have fell into a s ...more
Jeannette Weber
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cassandra Taylor
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of Amo’s Book Corner

4 Stars

Great book!

Blake has landed her dream job, she is a columnist for Hot Topic magazine, she is loving her life. She has made great new friends at work and has suggested idea which her new boss has loved, the only issue is the office mean girl seems to have taken a serious disliking to her and is out to make her life hell.

Blake’s life seems to be going great until the personal blog she has been writing is hacked and leaked on her company’s website, not
Amanda
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I was asked by the author for an honest review.

Musings of a Gossip Queen was funny at times, but I found it really distracting to read the story, then have the same events repeated in Blake's "blog" summary without containing any new/different information. The language was also really crude to the extent it stood out as excessive. It wasn't that it was explicit or that there was a lot of swearing, it was just that a lot of the word choices (like some nicknames) were especially crude.

I liked tha
The Pink Bookshelf
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arc, loved, reviews
I devoured this book in about 24 hours. It was THAT good. From beginning to end, I was cheering for Blake. She is such a lovable character. Yes, she makes some mistakes, but she is truly a good person. I loved how her characteristics made her so real. That girl definitely does not fall flat. Just about every woman can relate to her in some way.

This story was filled with sass, snark, and humor; never a dull moment. I was emotionally connected to the characters.

I can't wait for the next book in
John
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comedy
I had a hard time reading this book through all my tears as I laughed so loud and so very much while reading this naughty little tome by Victoria Bright. Her character's choice of descriptive phrases was simply X-Rated, perfect for the story, and oh so funny and naughty at the same time. It was also a character building story about starting over and learning from some of the hard lessons of life. I certainly hope there are more of this type to come from Ms Bright. This is a voluntary review of a ...more
Konny
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Musings of a Gossip Queen by Victoria Bright is a full length standalone romance novel. The story is witty and the book is well written.
Meet Blake Spencer, shes a columnist at a hot topic gossip magazine. And in typical Blake fashion - without a filter and without to think about consequences shes able to make a big mess out of friendship, love and life. I liked the writing, the story and the characters and give 4 stars for wittiness.
Cindy Fong
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a cute story with a moral built in. Words can cause harm even when they are well intentioned. Blake just moved to NYC and is starting a job as a gossip columnist. It is here that she meets friends, a hot dude and an arch nemesis. With the help of her neighbor, a model, she is riding the good life until it blows up on her. The dialogue is hilarious and snarky right out the gate. I chuckled throughout.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Melissa Parnell
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book made me smile. The characters had great banter and lines and while I was frustrated with them at times, I couldn't help but like them by the end of the story.

This was my first book by Victoria Bright and I absolutely adored it. It was a quick, fun, smart read that made me laugh out loud. I am definitely looking forward to reading more from this author.

Elizabeth
I received an ARC of this book in exchange of a review. I flew threw this book in one sitting. I laughed a lot while reading it. This is a quick fluffy read. Recommended for people who like celebrity gossip.
Stephanie
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-copy, own-it
Yikes Blake!! The saying what goes around comes around applies. Although, I am disappointed that Madison didn't get what she deserves. Maybe a sequel in the future? This was a humorous story for sure. All her names for Madison had me laughing out loud.

I was gifted an ARC for an honest review.
2kasmom
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: writer, blogger
Blake starts a new job after thinking life is over as she knows it. I sometimes think it is this anger that has her pushing through to pay her bills as she begins her new adventure. She meets a girl at the office who is so jealous of her, it is kind of pathetic.

Silas is hot and gives her something to look at. Man candy if you will. It just does not seem to help the sheen that is all over this new job. It is not a good gloss, and it is taking its toll on Blake. What should she do?

I found this boo
Larissa
Jan 13, 2018
Allysa Dunaway
Jan 28, 2018
Victoria Bright is from a small town in North Carolina and currently resides in Greenville, South Carolina. You can usually find her hoarding bottles of Cool Blue Gatorade, playing The Sims when not writing, or obsessing over Camaros.
More about Victoria Bright