Start by marking “Silk (A Material World, #3)” as Want to Read:
Silk (A Material World, #3)

Silk

(A Material World #3)

Matt Dorning likes his life just the way it is. Escorting provides him with enough money to live in his favorite city, New York, and he’s been doing it long enough that he knows the rules: don’t give it away when there’s always someone who'll pay for it; always leave them wanting more; and never, never lose your heart to a client.

Lucas Sawyer is about to challenge all
Published September 29th 2017 by Island Tales Press (first published September 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Silk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silk

Start your review of Silk (A Material World, #3)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Lucas doesn't like emotional entanglements. If he's horny, he calls an escort; it's easier that way. He rarely sleeps with the same man twice, and never thrice, no matter how good the sex. But that all changes the moment Matt shows up on Lucas's doorstep.

Matt isn't an escort just for the money; he likes the freedom and enjoys sex. He also works at his family's restaurant and as an underwear model. Matt is a man of many talents.

When I first read the blurb, I was worried about the escorting
Christelle
What a pleasant surprise. It’s sexy and sweet. As entertaining as “Pretty Woman” was.

Matt is pretty laid-back, enjoying life and sex, which is why he does some escorting on the side. His only flaw : he doesn’t like being told what to do, even if he agrees with what is being told him.
Lucas is very successful and seems to be happy with a life full of rules and control if it were not for this social anxiety.

One call and the expression “burning the sheets” takes all its meaning. A second call and
Cadiva
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is fab. I loved Lace, Satin was incredibly erotic, but Silk is just a beautiful love story between two men who - on the face of it - shouldn't have a connection at all.

The cover is a stunning example of what the reader will find inside, a gorgeous May to December romance with a hint of Pretty Woman but without all the annoying ex's and rich bitch shop assistants.

Matt and Lucas are perfectly matched, they're similar enough that the sparks fly when both want to be top dog but there's
Nat ReadingAllNite
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-read, m-m
What a different take on the client/rentboy and age gap tropes, offering the positive side of becoming a sex worker, in this case, an escort. Matt chooses to work in the profession for simple reasons; he enjoys sex and he appreciates the money. There's no dramatic backstory, or desperation, as so many think is the only reason someone does it. Matt thinks of it as a job, one that he enjoys and like real-life people in the biz, also models underwear. Lucas prefers the control of only having sex ...more
Denise H.
*** Another awesome story in the Material World series by K. C. Wells !
Big money, big business, Lucas, 45, an inked silver fox likes control.

That is why he hires escorts, where he knows what he'll get.
That is until Matt, 27, underwear model and escort walks into his apartment.

Matt challenges him in bed and out.
Each man has personal rules, and each one breaks those rules. Their attraction is too strong to ignore. As they become a couple, date, and meet family, they have obstacles to
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
3.5 stars I rounded up because I really did like it. But. I feel conflicted.

I loved the story itself - the two guys, the way they interacted, the love that grew and the sexy hotness of the lurve-making. Props. But there were times it dragged and not in a good way. It felt slice of life - and, though pleasant, having very little conflict or angst meant you had to be in the mood to read it.

I really could not get a good sense for who Matt was - I couldn't picture him, his family, or their history
Ricardo
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 stars

Very pleasantly surprised by this book. At first I thought it was going to be another average Pretty Womanish type of read about an escort with a heart of gold (even if deeply hidden) who meets the insanely rich but unhappy and socially awkward executive but as the book progressed it turned into a very entertaining, sweet, and romantic story. There was a lot of glossing over many issues but the book is a combination of erotica (the first half is heavier on this) and romance (more
Maria
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was way more entertained with Silk.

So I pictured Richard Gere in my head a time or two. It wasn’t a hardship.

All in all, a very fun experience.

I’m looking forward to Denim, the next in the series.

Oh, and the sex, ha cha cha mamma!
Sandra
4.5 stars.

This book was gifted to me by the author in hopes I'd leave a favorable review.

Hells, yeah!!

First off, I love this series, each one focusing on a specific material. We had Lace and Satin, and now I've devoured Silk.

Here, we have Lucas, early 40s, a self-made millionaire, whose stoic and rigid upbringing has left him with a mild case of social anxiety and an unwillingness to form romantic attachments. Or any kind of attachments with other people, really. When he needs sex, he calls
The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears
This was one of those books that did everything right overall, but still didn't quite satisfy.

I'm usually pretty wary of May/December romances because too many authors have the annoying tendency to really dumb down the younger heroine/hero or worse, make them insultingly naive.

Thankfully that didn't happen here. I liked Matt in general. He might have been twenty-seven, but he definitely had his act together. He made thoughtful, if questionable decisions, but he was savvy. Moreover he was
Debra
Originally reviewed at Sinfully.

I love age-gap romance and throw in a sweet story with some smoking hot sex and I’ll likely be hooked. K.C. Wells has done all this with Lucas and Matt and this story is easily my favorite of the series.

Lucas is an extremely successful businessman. He grew up learning from his father that control and routine leads to success and he has done very well by that. He has a bit of social anxiety, perhaps an extreme introvert, and he doesn’t really like dealing
Sue bowdley
I think I'm gonna have to say that this is my favourite...Who doesn't like a sexy older silver fox...Lucas was just dreamy and oh those silk sheets...I loved Matt from the start too....The way he was with Lucas was amazing...Lucas needed Matt in his life and the way that Matt slowly got Lucas to start living a proper life was amazing...I'll definitely be re-reading this one......Kc Wells is one of my favourite authors and it's been a while since I read one of her books but wow did she do an ...more
BR11
Good book to pass time. Hot sex and nice MCs, even if the plot is as cliche as it can be.
Insta-lust in this ‘pretty woman’ story but it was all right. I enjoyed it.
Chris
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
This was a sweet contemporary romance. No kink in this one, just two guys learning how to compromise.
Mimi
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Barb ~rede-2-read~
ARC provided by the publisher through Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words in exchange for an impartial review.

My favorite of the series so far, in this story—which can easily be read as a standalone, by the way—a young male escort and his older client discover much more than a surface attraction when they first down and dirty between the blue silk sheets.

Matt Dorning is twenty-seven and works as a waiter at his parents’ restaurant. He’s also an underwear model and an escort. Does he have to do
Phelp
I’m going to DNF FOR NOW..it’s definitely not the book it’s a case of “it’s me not you” I can’t stand the escort theme because I hate my MC sleeping with other ppl on page and while we got vague descriptions of it happeneing, it still happened and I just don’t like that...but the story was really good I just couldn’t go on...
Tanja
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about this book? It comes down to one thing: I loved it. It is K.C. Wells’ superb writing style gets to me every time. I am grabbed from the beginning and it follows through the entire story.
The relationship between Matt and Lucas is a slow-burn love story and flows naturally from escort and client via friends into boyfriends. The lines are getting blurred with the strong connection they have. Sizzling chemistry with an underlying tenderness. Witty humor with serious moments.
I
Lorraine
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent story

This is almost like a Cinderella story, and indeed the story itself references Pretty Woman. Lucas hires escorts, usually for one night only, but Matt is different. Matt isn't a starving young man, he is being groomed to run a restaurant, but escorting pays extra bills allowing him a few comforts. But Matt has never let his heart become involved, until he meets Lucas, and things will never be the same again. A really sweet story about two lovely men, who find love where they
Elizabeth
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have a thing for K.C Wells. This is another good one. Lucas doesn't do relationships and Matt doesn't break his rules. Things changes the night Lucas hires Matt for the night. Enough Said.
I enjoyed it very much and if you like K.C's writing you will too.
Steph ☀️
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Awwwww

***3.5 stars***

I really enjoyed reading this sweet, sexy story, and for the most part it was a quick read. Unfortunately,while it was good it wasn't great. Really low angst, and what little there was IMO was meh.
Helena Stone
I’m facing a bit of a dilemma. You see, I absolutely adored this story. For me it is most definitely the best in the ‘A Material World’ series so far. So, I could easily gush about this book for several long paragraphs. On the other hand, I would love for you to discover all the joys this story brings for yourself. We’ll see what happens once I start my review proper.

Because there is a lot to gush about in this book. Both Lucas and Matt are wonderful and very easy to like characters. The
Nora Phoenix
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the first two books in this series, but I really loved Silk. I don’t know if it was the May-December trope (the substantial age gap between Matt and Lucas), or the escort thing, but it totally worked for me.

Matt and Lucas meet through Matt’s work as an escort, and their relationship slowly grows from escort-client to more. I loved that it was not an instant-thing, but rather a delicious slow burn where the friendship and love came after the scorching hot sex. And yes, the sex is hot, and
Serena Yates
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, read-2017
‘Silk’ is as sensual as the first two books in this series of standalone novellas set in the sensual world of various types of fabric, and it has the added allure of two men who live by certain rules – only to discover that breaking those can be as much fun as sticking to them come what may. Matt is in his late twenties and an escort because he loves the variety of partners, not because he needs the money. And Lucas is a gorgeous, very rich businessman in his midforties, who likes escorts as sex ...more
Jess A Jaye
Following hot on the heels of Lace and Satin KC is back this time with Silk.
I've been on a bit of a May/December kick lately so was pleased to see that in place here. I liked MCs Matt and Lucas. Thought the build up of their story from escort & client to boyfriends was done nicely and totally believable. I liked that Matt had the take charge attitude despite being the younger one in the pairing.
They certainly steamed up the pages with their antics between the silk sheets.
A feel good
LWM
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice.

I enjoyed this, though the errors got to me after a bit. Proofreading isn't a thing with e-books? Still, funny, solid writing technique. I'll definitely give more of her books a try.
✿ Eva ✿
I didn't like this as much as the second book but I enjoyed it nevertheless!!
Janeylou
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lori
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

It was alright but strangely long-winded for not a long book. I liked the characters but I guess there could have been a little more angst for me.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Jared's Evolution (Jared & Kieran, #1)
  • Last Call (Heartsville, #1)
  • Secret Santa
  • Shattered Pieces (Heathens Ink, #4)
  • Leaning Into Touch (Leaning Into, #4)
  • Tender with a Twist (Rainbow Cove, #2)
  • Up for the Challenge
  • Uniting the Souls (Souls of Chicago, #6)
  • Reawaken (Under My Skin #2)
  • Stood Up (The Family Jules, #3)
  • A Very Henry Christmas (The Weight of It All #1.5)
  • Jared's Fulfillment (Jared & Keiran, #2)
  • Lace-Covered Compromise
  • Desperately Seeking Santa
  • Protecting Elliot (The Protectors, #9.5)
  • Leaning Into A Wish (Leaning Into, #5)
  • Reservations
  • Uniquely Us (Us #3)
K.C. Wells lives on an island off the south coast of the UK, surrounded by natural beauty. She writes about men who love men, and can’t even contemplate a life that doesn’t include writing.
The rainbow rose tattoo on her back with the words 'Love is Love' and 'Love Wins' is her way of hoisting a flag. She plans to be writing about men in love - be it sweet, slow, hot or kinky - for a long while to

A Material World (4 books)
  • Lace (A Material World #1)
  • Satin (A Material World #2)
  • Denim (A Material World #4)