Start by marking “Like Never and Always” as Want to Read:
Like Never and Always

Like Never and Always

On a hot summer night, a screech of brakes and shattering glass changes two lives forever.

Liv wakes in the hospital, confused when they call her Morgan. She assumes it’s a case of mistaken identity, yet when the bandages come off, it’s not her face in the mirror anymore. It’s her best friend Morgan’s.

Morgan always seemed to have the perfect life, yet Liv must navigate endl
Published July 17th 2018 by Tor Teen

Start your review of Like Never and Always
Clara
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I gave this book a 2 star rating because it felt really odd. I never knew what the book was supposed to be, was it a romance? Ghost Story? Mystery/thriller? Every time it started to get dark, it shied away from it and moved quickly back to safe territory. Every little mystery and detail tied up in a sweet little bow. It also had a habit of introducing things in odd places that almost felt like the author had to add it later on and didn't know where, so it doesn't quite fit.

Not sure I would recom
Tammie

3.5 stars. Like Never and Always had me at the first sentence. It's a mild thriller/mystery that involves a bit of a supernatural twist and some romance. The best thing about this book to me isn't
Julie Parks
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
This was easy to read, at times hard to believe story. But it's well explained at the end, so don't worry.

For a YA novel, it was very well written with stellar character development which for this plot played a major role in getting my 4 stars.

Love, envy-jealousy, teenage uncertainty seemed to all play at least some parts. But the best was the authenticity of her inner journey. Guess it's never what you thought it would be to be in someone else's skin.

Thank you Tor Teen for the chance to read th
❯ ODD LOVE TRIANGLE
❯ LENGTH OF AUDIO ➸ 10 HOURS, 29 MINUTES
❯ I LISTENED ON OVERDRIVE THROUGH MY LIBRARY

MY RATING➼ 2¾ STARS

The cover is brilliantly done, and the blurb for it seems like a fantastic idea, but the execution…was off. I wanted this perfect explanation for what was going on, even if it was something that dipped into the supernatural, but it just kind of fizzled. Also, sometimes the odd love triangle this had at play felt seriously awkwar
Mogsy (MMOGC)
3.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2018/08/05/...

In the history of real mistaken identity cases, the one about the fatal accident involving two girls and one survivor is probably the most heartbreaking. Most of us have probably heard about the incident or seen the story or some variation resembling it in popular media, but in Ann Aguirre’s new YA thriller Like Never and Always, the scenario is given a disturbing and paranormal twist.

On a hot summer evening, best friend
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

I want to thank to Tor Teen and NetGalley for having provided me with this copy in exchange for an honest review

I think the main idea of the book is so interesting and captivating, it was what kept me wanting to know what would happen at the end. On the other hand, and being very honest, I think that it failed in the way in which this idea was executed. Even so, I think I would like to read something more about the author because I liked her writing

description

2.7/5 Stars

You can find this one and more of my
Shelley
*Source* Publisher via NetGalley
*Genre* Young Adult / Thrillers & Suspense
*Rating* 3.0

*Thoughts*

Ann Aguirre's Like Never and Always is a dark, romantic, Young Adult suspense novel edged with a bit of paranormal. There's plenty of angst for those who love that sort of thing, mixed with layered secrets, a screwy love triangle, and the underlying story about how well we really know the person we claim to know best. The plot centers on a supernatural soul-switching/body-switching theme achieved a p
Hristina
I’m on the fence about this book because I really wanted to love it. The synopsis sounded so interesting, but the execution fell short. I'm not actually sure what the genre of this book is, and I got the feeling that the author was afraid of going too dark with the plot and writing on account of keeping it YA.
In my opinion the strongest thing about this book are the characters. The writing style is decent and easy to consume, but there are a few odd choices made when it comes to the flow of the
Holly
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: for-trade
*Physical copy kindly provided by Tor Teen*

I feel very MEH about this book. I could understand Liv's confusion, as she reexamines who she is in Morgan's body, and has to reconcile that with this new life of hers. So the fact that her relationships with people are complicated, it makes sense. But I just was SO annoyed by the love triangle. It completely took me out the story at multiple points, and I wish I could've gotten into the romance. Clay was the actual best. But I just did not really care
OutlawPoet
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I truly loved this book. It has everything! Suspense, intrigue, danger, romance, heartbreak – and it’s all in a story seamlessly told.

Again and again, the author surprised me – sometimes with something that made me extremely happy (like Oscar) and other times when she broke my heart.

This was one of those reads that I didn’t want to look away from – and it had me reaching for a tissue more than once.

Aguirre knows how to tell a story that simply captivates the reader.

Five well deserved stars!

*ARC
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
Like Never and Always was a strange story - quite compelling in some aspects, and just strange in others. Full review to come.
3.5 star - ARC review.
Amanda
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book! This gripped me from the first page. I can’t imagine waking up and seeing me as someone else and having to live their life or someone would think I was crazy! I loved this journey and how she grew as a character while living the life of her best friend. From deciding who to be with and wondering if anyone is going to notice that it’s her. So touching when she went into her bedroom and saw her real parents. But she learns things about her best friend that leads her to ...more
Chandra Claypool (WhereTheReaderGrows)
If you woke up in side your best friend's body, would you be able to live her life the way she did? Do you really want to know THAT much about her and how do you cope with your new situation???

What an interesting concept. With elements of paranormal, this somewhat suspenseful story is less thriller and more contemporary mystery in my opinion. Through Liv, we get to learn more about Morgan and what's really going on in her life. How being a "rich little girl" may not be all it's cracked up to be.
Christy
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am an Ann Aguirre fan so Like Never and Always was an auto buy, listen-on-release-day read. This one definitely did not disappoint.

One thing I love about Ann is her ability to write across many genres, with romance being a central plot point in her stories. I’ve read her scifi, contemporary, romance, and now thriller-speculative-contemporary and she makes it work, drawing you into the characters. Liv is one of those characters that you grow to love deeply as her story progresses.

See, Liv wakes
Princess
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this ebook from Netgalley and Tor Teen in exchange for an honest review.
I really enjoyed this book. I loved Clay and how kind and sweet he was. I couldn’t read it fast enough to figure out what would happen between Liv and Morgan. There was always this drama going in to that added an extra layer. This was a very pleasant surprise and I would definitely recommend it
Katrina♡••
Mediocre. Strong start. Boring ater 60%. Could have done better
PB
"Do monsters always know what they are?"

Themes: parenting, identity, supernatural, coming back from the dead, grief, coping with loss, support system, privilege of the wealthy, statutory rape, social status, reputation, true friends, romance, responsibility, mental health, rehabilitation, tragic accident, car accident, siblings, parental figures

Engrossing and fast-paced – Like Never & Always is just what I’m looking for in a contemporary thriller. Brimming with mystery, suspense, and excitem
Jeninne
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not gonna lie, this book is kind of a hot mess. It absolutely feels like it has no idea what it wants to be, and that's surprising, coming from this author. I've had some hits and misses from Aguirre, but she's always pretty clear when it comes to the focus of a book.

But this book makes me wonder, is it a supernatural book? Is it a mystery book? Is it a trashy YA romance book? Is it some weird "finding yourself" trope book? Who knows. It's all of those things at the same time.

Still, I can't deny
Ashley

Thanks so much to Tor Teen for providing me with a copy for review! Please forgive me for reviewing it so late.
I was really sucked into Like Never and Always. There was something really addicting about it. I felt like I couldn't look away.
I really enjoyed the writing style. There was something so easy and interesting about it. The whole body switcheroo thing grabbed me from the start. It was definitely the pull that made me pick this book up at first. In ways, I thought more was going to be done
Aymee
If you've ever wanted to live someone else's life, this is the book for you.  For the entirety of their friendship, Liv was in awe of what she assumed was the perfect life. Morgan had her own car, money, and all the freedom that came along with it.  What Liv didn't realize was that with all that freedom came a ton of responsibility.

For the most part, Liv was the girl next door.  She had loving, involved parents, an annoying younger brother, and your average middle class life.  Waking up in Morga
Victorian  Vickie
Wow!! Just Wow!!! I love a good mystery and this is one! Imagine waking up from an accident with your best friends family calling you by her name and learning that everyone thinks you are dead. Trying to figure out that the best friend who you though you knew actually has several hidden secrets.
There was so many twists and turns in this book. I honestly had no idea who was the bad guy was in the book.
Morris
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read
This was a nice, easy ya mystery read. Two stars were deducted for it being too tidy at the end and for being too unbelievable, buts it's enjoyable for what it is. I would recommend it for a beach read this summer.

This review is based on a copy provided by the publisher in exchange for honest feedback.
Stacey Kade
Loved this one!
Tara (Spinatale Reviews)
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Like Never and Always was a fast-paced contemporary thriller with some eerie paranormal elements. At its heart, this novel is ultimately a story about a girl trying to fulfill her best friend’s last request while also trying to find her place in the world. Like Never and Always keeps you glued to the page, desperate to find out whether the story ends happily or in blood.

After a car accident, Liv wakes up in her best friend’s body. Afraid of telling anyone the truth, Liv must figure out how to n
Kelly
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I...sort of don't know where to start with this review. This book was everything I thought it would be and nothing like I thought it would be. It took a few turns I wasn't expecting, but it ended up going down the perfect road and delivering a story I didn't know I wanted until I read it.

In other words, I'm a messy tangle of confusion. Just a mess. (so excuse any rambling, because my thoughts feel like they're all over the place.)

At it's heart, this is a book about secrets and lies and the lengt
L.E. Fidler
This book is exactly my kind of trash. Sort of Before I Fall/House of Cards for Teens vibe with a Freaky Friday twist.

No, not the one with Kendall Jenner.

Sigh.

I don’t know what to say. If you can suspend disbelief and just read this, you’ll be fine.

If you can’t? You will regret your life decisions here.

I could, I did, I enjoyed. Total beach read fun (if you prefer your beach reads with a hint of ghosts and murder).

Which I do.

And a bad boy! Who isn’t so bad (shocker!) and who does tattoos (shock
Dee/ bookworm
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fav-2018
I am a big fan of the enclave series, so when I found this book I was very excited. I liked it so much I have already read it twice!! I like all the angles, and the fact that when you read it you think you know what will happen, but it ends completely different than you expected. I like you could feel Morgan's emotions and how she tried to be true but ended up just being her.

I received an advance reader copy from NetGalley in exchange for a fair review.
Sha
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I received this ARC courtesy of Tor/Forge and Netgalley. I am grateful for the opportunity to review an ARC for my readers, but this will not influence my final rating. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and based solely on the book. The copy I am reviewing is an Uncorrected Digital Galley.

If you follow my reviews, you’ll know I’m not big on romance. Do I hate love? No. But I find that too many YA books (which I adore and read almost exclusively) rush couples to the po
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Dare You to Lie (Hometown Antihero #1)
  • What We Buried
  • Don't Say a Word (Hometown Antihero, #2)
  • On the Edge
  • Past Perfect Life
  • Now You See Her
  • The Last Witness
  • The Opposite of Here
  • Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2)
  • The Devil You Know
  • Last Girl Lied To
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Ann Aguirre has been a clown, a clerk, a savior of stray kittens, and a voice actress, not necessarily in that order. She grew up in a yellow house across from a cornfield, but now she lives in Mexico with her family. She writes all kinds of genre fiction, but she has an eternal soft spot for a happily ever after.