Start by marking “Legendary (Caraval, #2)” as Want to Read:
Legendary (Caraval, #2)

Legendary

(Caraval #2)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  57,701 ratings  ·  8,599 reviews
A heart to protect. A debt to repay. A game to win.

After being swept up in the magical world of Caraval, Donatella Dragna has finally escaped her father and saved her sister, Scarlett, from a disastrous arranged marriage. The girls should be celebrating, but Tella isn’t yet free. She made a desperate bargain with a mysterious criminal, and what Tella owes him no one has ev
Published May 29th 2018 by Flatiron Books

To ask other readers questions about Legendary, please sign up.
Breanna Yes actually the answers is, yes, it will in fact be written from her sisters point of view!! And I just can't waaaait!

Who else ships her with LEGEND…more

Who else ships her with LEGEND allready?! * heart heart *(less)
Stephanie Garber Yes! She's been so fun to write, I can't wait for everyone to read more about her. <3…moreYes! She's been so fun to write, I can't wait for everyone to read more about her. <3(less)
The Cruel Prince by Holly BlackWar Storm by Victoria AveyardQueen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra ClareA Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa TahirObsidio by Amie Kaufman
YA Novels of 2018
1,054 books — 5,551 voters
Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. MaasQueen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra ClareWar Storm by Victoria AveyardThe Cruel Prince by Holly Black
Can't Wait Books of 2018
1,195 books — 4,756 voters

More lists with this book...

·  57,701 ratings  ·  8,599 reviews

Start your review of Legendary (Caraval, #2)
Stephanie Garber
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Deal alert (12/29): I don't know how long this is going to last, but for the first time ever the Legendary ebook is on sale for only $2.99 (across all platforms). If you've been wanting to pick up the book, or get into this series, now is a great time!

Hey friends!
Updating this to thank everyone who wrote in Legendary for the Goodreads Choice awards. I was so grateful and excited when I woke up this morning and saw that it had made e it into the Semifinal Round!! You are all the best!!

Legendar
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Oh. Ohhhh.

I devoured this wonderful, torturous book. And now I don't know what to do with myself aside from sit here and try and form some semblance of a review.

Friends, if you think you know everything about Caraval, you'd be wrong.

I'm going to keep this review spoiler free, especially as we're a little ways away from the release, but I'll just say this took a verrrry unexpected turn and I couldn't be more thrilled. But a word to the wise (and for those who know me) - I like when books throw pu
Cristina Monica
The magic is gone.

I don’t know where it went. I wish I could go on an adventure to find it, but alas I have finals next week.

Caraval was one of my top five favourite releases of 2017. I remember when I received my copy of it, I took tons of pictures and kept staring at it like I was drunk with love.

That one was fast-paced and action-packed and so very surprising as well as enchanting. Legendary is none of those things.

It’s slow-paced, character-driven, mostly predictable and basically magic-les
C.G. Drews
Do you know what is an absolute magical delicious delight?! THIS BOOK. There is no hope for me btw, I am completely gone. I'm just so in love with this world, these characters, the twisty plots of magic and mind games and darkness and glitter...it is EVERYTHING. It just captures me so much! Coupled with gorgeous writing that makes you feel like you, too, get to experience Caraval?!

10000% all my affections are YOURS, little book, I'm ready to be destroyed for the finale. Who needs calmness anyway
High Lady of The Night Court
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-read
"The air tasted like wonder. Like candied butterfly wings caught in sugared spiderwebs, and drunken peaches coated in luck."

This game is a dream wrapped in nightmares, yet to some it is a nightmare wrapped in a dream, it is deceptive, it is beautiful, it is addictive and yet it is the one thing that can break your mind before it breaks your heart, or maybe even both at the very same moment without you ever realising it. It is hatred and love and happiness and sorrow. There are more players i
Melanie

ARC provided by Flatiron in exchange for an honest review.

1.) Caraval ★★★★

“But the best villains are the ones you secretly like, and my nana always said Legend was the villain in Caraval.”

I know that Caraval was a super polarizing read last year when it released, but I fell on the side of totally loving. From the game, to the mystery, to the lyrical writing, to the compelling characters, I couldn’t get enough. I devoured it in two sittings and never wanted to stop the reading experie
a n i s s a
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Gosh. This book is perfection! Stephanie, you have truly outdone yourself! The writing, the twists, the story, the characters - I loved it all and already want to reread this gem, I can't stop thinking about it!
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
This book was so much fun! People said it was even better than Caraval and I have to agree with that! I really loved Tella as a main character. This book expanded the world of Caraval so much, and expanded the character of Legend a lot too. Once I started I couldn’t put it down; I ended up finishing it in a few short hours. Loved it!
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk

“Every good story needs a villain.
But the best villains are the ones you secretly like.”

Story ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
First things first: I didn’t really like Caraval. Sure the world was great and the story was pretty cool, but I hated Scarlett and I didn’t really like Julian.
In this book everything is different.
In the last Caraval game Tella was the price you could win by playing Caraval.
But now she’s a player herself and she’s not only playing to win. She’s playing for her own life, the life of her mo
jessica
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
okay, not to be dramatic but i would bargain my soul to every one of the fates to be able to live in a world where caraval games existed.

there is nothing quite like the amazement and sensational wonder of these books. i just want to crawl into the pages and spend the rest of my days enthralled by the legendary magic of this story. i will admit this was much slower and more character driven than ‘caraval’ but the enchantment was just as present. i love stories that make me second guess what i kno
Alyssa
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases
Meehhh. What a disappointment.

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Legendary by Stephanie Garber
Book Two of the Caraval series
Publisher: Flatiron Books
Publication Date: May 29, 2018
Rating: 3 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

Summary (from Goodreads):

A heart to protect. A debt to repay. A game to win.

After being swept up in the magical world of Caraval, Donatella Dragna has finally escaped her father and saved her sister Scarlett from a disastrous arranged marriage. The girls should be ce
Chelsea Humphrey
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Wow, this was so much more enjoyable the second time through, so much that I’ve bumped my rating up a full star. I love the narrator and am finally ready for the Finale!

********************

I'm clearly in the minority with my middle of the road rating here, but I just couldn't push it any higher than 3 stars. I read an arc of Caraval back in August of 2016 and fell in love with the characters, the world, and the game itself. The story was one where I couldn't put it down, so much so that I read i
Candace Robinson
First off, there’s another book, right? Because this book left me with too many unanswered questions! More than book one... so it’s a bit tricky for me here because if there’s another book, then this one was hella great, but if this is the last book then I’m just too flustered to think!

I’m just going to go ahead and say that the world that Stephanie Garber has created is freaking cool and amazing. I thought Tella was a decent character, although I did like Scarlett more.

As with Julian, I really
♡Jacqueline♡ beautyliterate
ok but seriously I need this in my life ASAP
Jiana
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best decision I made was putting this on hold back in the summer and picking it up again now!

Frankly, Legendary's plot was better than Caraval's. Also, I loved Tella and Dante way more than I loved Scarlett and Julian. So why does this get 4 stars, and Caraval gets 5 stars? I just enjoyed Caraval way more. Don't ask me how and why. I just did. I was much more invested in Caraval and it was easier to read.

Is it just me or do the characters here seem different? By characters I mean Scarlett and
BernLuvsBooks
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-books, 2018
I can't help but enjoy being swept away by the magic that is Legend!

I can't give away anything for fear of spoilers but I'll be honest and say that I actually loved this second book even more than the first one. The twists and turns were slightly predictable but in a way that I was hoping/rooting for and was very satisfied with.

I really enjoyed the story being told from Tella's perspective. She is feisty, loyal and quite formidable. I liked watching her grow throughout the book but my favorite
Eliza
Re-read in 2019: I still freaking love this book. It's incredibly magical.
_________________________________________
**Warning: this text may contain spoilers** ★ 4.5 / 5 ★

What a magical, whimsical, lovely second book to this series! Stephanie Garber has a story-telling gift and ya’ll are missing out if you haven’t already read Caraval.

As someone who loved Caraval, I was nervous to start Legendary, because often times I’m disappointed by the sequel in a series—well, folks, that wasn’t the case her
Danielle
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Okay, okay, okay.... diving back into the world of Caraval and what a world it is!! ❤️ Hats off to Garber for writing such a magical world! And the cards? Wow. 😲 Truly a great touch. 👍 While I didn’t LOVE it as much as the first, it’s still one heck of a story. I’ll definitely be reading the finale (pun intended). 🙌
alana ♡
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Will you hate me if I say this was legendary? Because this 100% lived up to the title.
The first thing that I needed after finishing this book was a cold shower, you guys, this book is HOT. The second thing I need is either A) a time machine to transport me to next year or B) the third book immediately in my hands. Either one will do the job, just saying. I thought I had this book figured out but I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. Dammit I should have known that things are never as they seem in the world of Ca
Larry H
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I'm between 4 and 4.5 stars here.

Legendary , the second book in Stephanie Garber's Caraval series, takes you on a kaleidoscopic ride full of dazzling imagery, incredible magic, and so many twists and turns, you wonder what will come with each subsequent page. It's a little dizzying, a little mesmerizing, and immensely memorable.

Before I get fully into the review, I must say that all I kept thinking about when reading this book was:

"Legend truly did deserve the name he'd given himself. Tella
Stacee
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Caraval was my top book of 2017 and I was so excited to get my greedy hands on Legendary.

I will be 100% honest here: I wasn’t completely sold on Tella being the one who tells the story. Don’t get me wrong, I liked Tella, but I thought she was extremely flighty and I didn’t know how it would go. I need to go back and push past Stacee for even being concerned. Like Tella says in the story, everyone underestimates her and Stephanie really puts her to the test in this story. Of course there are new
Anne
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Readers who smell like yellow windowsills

Ok, I listened to this and mostly enjoyed the story.
I gotta say this, though: the descriptions of everything were so off the wall they were unintentionally hilarious. By the end of the book, I was caught between rolling my eyes and laughing out loud when Tella would say some shit like:
"He tasted like exquisite nightmares and stolen dreams, like the wings of fallen angels, and bottles of fresh moonlight."
I mean, that sounds cool until you think about it for 5 seconds - what the fuck do
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Well shit!!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
• Lindsey Dahling •
I DID IT. I FINISHED THE DAMNED THING. And I’m going to bitch in a conflicted manner just like I did with Caraval AND THEN STILL ADD FINALE TO MY TBR LIST.

This book was a rollercoaster of boredom. It would build and build to potentially something interesting until the cart slowly reached the top of a hill...and then instantly raced back down through all details/explanations/anything cool in .5 seconds and go back to a flat, level track.

Garber did, for the most part, get rid of her annoying simil
Melissa
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Legendary takes all the magic and the dark and the deadly and the thorned gossamer of wild invention laid over every page of Caraval and cranks it up to ELEVEN. Garber expands her world massively: if Caraval is the place where the pebble dropped in, Legendary is all the rings rippling outward, encompassing new terrains, new mythologies, the secret histories of characters old and new. It's darker than its predecessor. It's a little sadder. Its magic weighs heavier, and there's no more fooling our ...more
Katie.dorny
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
I am so fucking disappointed. The magic is gone and the ending was bullshit.

Is it meant to be open ended? Is there a third book exploring Legend and the mother further? I need answers?????

Everything was ether too rushed or too bland. It didn’t grasp me like the first one. Tella had so much potential as a female protagonist but she was done wrong instead.

Scarlett hardly appeared at all and when she did it was for no reason at all.

Nope. Biggest disappointment of 2018 so far for me
Hamad
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
This review and other reviews can be found at The Book Prescription

A Buddy read with This reading Machine

“If you can convince yourself it’s true, you can convince anyone.”

🌟 Caraval was a book that I didn’t enjoy very much despite having many interesting story elements, The main problem in Caraval was it being choppy and all over the place, there were many twists and events that took place in book 1. Before reading this book I had to read book 1 summary twice to get back on track. This book was m
Abbie (boneseasonofglass)
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, fantasy, favorites
Where do I start? I just want to say to begin with, that this book was amazing and it blew me away! I only finished it a few hours ago and I already want to reread it!

In the books, Caraval is described in a way, that as soon as it starts, you can literally feel the magic around you, and this is how I felt every time I opened up this book and started reading it. I just got lost and engulfed in the story and I felt like I could almost feel the magic coming out of the book.

The plot of this book
Angelica
Ok but like how was this book good? I don't understand! I couldn't stand Scarlett and I couldn't stand Caraval but gosh darn it, this book was so much better and I don't know why I didn't read it sooner! UGH!

How dare Stephanie Garber make me feel things for a series I had already given up on! I wasn't prepared to enjoy this!

Tella is honestly everything. I want so badly for Finale to be only about her!

Anyway, let's get to the review!

This should have been book one of this series. Where Caraval fel
Andrea Ashwood
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-books
[Review Preview / Adelanto de Reseña]

|English|
description
Not everyone gets a true ending. There are two types of endings because most people give up at the part of the story where things are the worst, where the situation feels hopeless. But that’s when hope is needed most. Only those who persevere can find their true ending.
Well, everything is said...

I'm freaking out.

Did all that really just happen?

In other words, I've been all the damn book to find out the answers to the doubts that remain f

• The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3)
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)
  • A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by this page. I’m only on this site occasionally, so if you’d like to send me a message, please use the contact form on my website: http://stephaniegarberauthor.com.

I can also be found on Instagram, and I love connecting with readers. If you're looking for more information about my books, the most up to date news can be found on Instagram, but I also try to update

Caraval (3 books)