Start by marking “Ghost of a Feeling” as Want to Read:
Ghost of a Feeling

Ghost of a Feeling

All Cris Villareal had ever dreamed of was becoming a doctor. But after the death of a patient under her care and the subsequent humiliation she suffers under a senior resident in her hospital, she begins to lose faith in herself. And no one else could understand her and her despair.

So one Halloween night, up on the rooftop of her apartment building, she decides to end it
Kindle Edition
Published October 31st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Ghost of a Feeling, please sign up.
Celestine Trinidad Hi! Thank you for your question! It is not the same story, no, and the two are not related in any way. There are similar themes (particularly…moreHi! Thank you for your question! It is not the same story, no, and the two are not related in any way. There are similar themes (particularly depression and mental health issues, and even the "ghost", although this is contemporary romance so there are no actual supernatural elements, unlike the movie you mentioned), and overall these issues are also treated differently. (less)

kb
HIGHLY, STRONGLY, PROUDLY RECOMMENDED. Going to my all-time favorites list!

I can’t think of anything of similar themes I’ve read before that compares to how well plotted and perfectly paced this book is. There’s no unnecessary scene or character, and every feeling has a reason for existing on the page. The quips and the emotional pulls are rooted in things that people can relate to with ease. The character development is strong and the storytelling smooth, making it hard to put down.

Read the re
Catherine Dellosa
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
*ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Ghost of a Feeling is the first medical romance I have ever read, and I have to say that I’m so glad it was my first. The author not only told a believable and highly engaging story set in the world of surgeries and emergency rooms, but she was also able to hook me in right from the beginning with the gripping tragedy that tugs at the heartstrings at the start. It’s not always easy to mix tragic elements with lovey-dovey ones, but with GOAF, it was seamlessl
Karla (leersucks)
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
My second book about mental health in a row!

And it did not disappoint AT ALLLLLLLL

It deals with a heavy subject (depression, suicide) and it keeps it real, but still manages to be light and funny at parts, which was very refreshing. I loved Nathan/Emilio! He really knew the right things to say and was very sweet, I wanna get me a man like that.

I do think the ending could have been better, though. I think it came to soon, maybe it could have used an epilogue to wrap everything up, because, as it
Shealea
More often than not, romances are about sparks flying, and heat sizzling as fingers touch, and exploding feelings of giddiness. But what Cris and Nathan had wasn’t all fire and noise; but rather, a quiet, steady romance that held promises of being there for each other no matter what, which I found to be really beautiful. Their chemistry did not rely on insanely fiery attraction; instead, it banked on their mutual empathy and trust.

It genuinely baffles me how Celestine Trinidad was able to explor
Miel Salva
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
With the increase of suicide cases due to depression, Ghost of a Feeling is a timely, must-read story filled with hope to help spread and increase awareness on mental illness.

Kudos to Celestine Trinidad for this masterpiece.
Chachic
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Originally posted as a bookstagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BfI7YCDlZRd/

Ghost of a Feeling by Celestine Trinidad is a strong romanceclass debut novel. It starts off with a meet cute of sorts (meet sad?): the heroine is a medical student who loses a patient during her junior internship. She's subsequently humiliated by the resident in charge, and becomes overwhelmed with everything. She hits rock bottom and decides to end it all, she's stopped by what she thinks is her building's resident gho
Joey Silayan
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this book! The scenes between Emilio (the ghost) and Cris (the doctor) were full of friendship, openness/innocence and of growing affection between the two protagonists.

To me, the narrative especially shines during the medical scenes/dialogue (of course, Author Celestine is a Doctor, too!), yet what is very good there in my opinion is that despite the very taxing nature of medical work including all its rigorous details, its rigid structures and procedures, its heavy dramas
Kristy Mauna
This book is for anyone who finds themselves lost right now, that are hurt, afraid, or confused about anything in their life. Ghost of a Feeling filled me up with a lot of hope and I think everyone should read it.

"I'm just so tired of it all. I'm not as strong as everyone needs me to be. I'm not okay. But I can't not be okay. It's stupid and weak. I hate myself for being so weak."

Let me tell you about my girl, Cris. She's such a relatable character, despite me not being in the field of medicin
Mikki Shiu
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed reading it. The medical jargons, the in-depth description of what is really happening in a hospital and the experience itself of an actual doctor is really well written. Me, being a big fan of medical tv dramas, being able to read something like this is much more fullfiling for me (next to my favorite book the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon). I would like to read more medical based theme books in the future.

The book is really easy to read and had the perfect length for its st
Marian Rosary
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
“But even so, you were not alone. Not before, not now, not ever. What you feel is real and valid, and don’t let anyone—even yourself—tell you otherwise.”

Kicking off my 2018 reading challenge with yet another #romanceclass book. (What can I say, I'm hooked! Haha.) And by the looks of things, it's off to a great start.
I am really glad books like Ghost of a Feeling exist, especially now that mental health is being a big discussion and we're on the verge of having a mental health bill passed her
H. Bentham
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
"You think that sadness is all there is for you now. . . And I do not want to say that it will be all right in the end. I cannot know that. No one can. . . But I am sure of one thing: if you do decide to end it now, there really will be no chance of you ever being happy again."

I don't know how to begin this review except to say that I related to Cris on several levels, the severity of which I wouldn't elaborate further, LOL. Let's just say there were some p dark and difficult times I never want
Mayumi Cruz
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book and highly recommend this to everyone!

Reading Cris’ story felt very much like steadily climbing a steep, rocky hill, reaching the top, then merrily sliding down, coming to a grassy, peaceful pasture.

The book was beautifully woven with a seamless plot and perfectly, realistically intertwined characters. Chapter by chapter, the pieces of the puzzle were made to rightfully fall snugly to their proper place to form a beautiful tapestry of relatable human emotions and the tr
Therese Danielle
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, I was immediately piqued upon reading the book blurb. You have a protagonist who’s all but given up on life and a deuteragonist who’s all but given up on love, brought together by an old horror story in an incredible way like no other - what could get better than that? I knew once I signed up for an advanced reader’s copy that I was in for quite the ride. (I’d actually peeked and read a few chapters in the middle of duty, and I definitely wasn’t disappointed. I couldn’t wait to ...more
Lucille
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I would recommend this for people going through emotional issues and people who have friends and family who are struggling with depression.

It also shows how emotionally draining medical school (or any health allied field) is. So I also recommend this for those who have family members or friends who are in medical school or in the health allied profession. So that they can understand what their love ones are facing every single day. :)

Cris, the main character was very relatable. She embodies th
Mabel
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ray of light.

“And it is this that we should hold on to,” Nathan said. “Not the hurt. Not the sadness. But the HOPE. When you’re at your lowest, remember that moment, and hold on to HOPE.”

Hope. This book made me feel that I should not be afraid of this four letter word. I love how Celestine Trinidad tackled a very difficult subject and how she stayed real and raw about it. There were so many moments in Cris’ life that resonated so hard to me that I couldn’t help but tear up. I love how Nathan t
DelleNoel
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romanceclass
I just finished this book last night. It's my first #romanceclass book and it didn't disappoint. I, too, have my own share of mental health issues and I can totally relate to Cris. I also like how realistic the portrayal is.

I can only wish that I have my own Nathan to help me throughout my ordeals but it was very helpful that he was not written as a "Savior." He urged Cris to get help and not to be dependent on him.

I also liked that Cris had discovered her own support system with her friends a
Bookbed
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
"With mentions of failure, bullying and suicide (not to mention, a great pretender~) on the blurb, readers might think twice adding Ghost of a Feeling to their reading list. I know I did. Because if you’ve experienced these things yourself, it’s a little scary to be going into a story that could possibly mess with your head big-time." Continue reading our review here.

Please note: We don't use ratings but for this purpose, we tag books with three stars by default.
Would like to be a reviewer/contr
Zarah
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This will definitely be a part in my favourite books list! I think all millennials should get their hands on this book!
I am into books of these genre but this one stood out because of the "ghost" factor.
A strong, well-built main character whose story will definitely capture the heart of readers. I loved how the characters first interacted and how they developed in the course of time. There was never a dull part.
I love the style of writing and will surely checkout other books written by the aut
Rachelle Belaro
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got an ARC of this book in exchange for a review.

Ghost of a Feeling isn’t like the usual books that I have read from the #romanceclass community. It was surprisingly refreshing and well written considering that it was a book that included “ghosts”, suicide and the medical field.

Honestly, I had a difficult time in writing this review. I didn’t really know what to say as I was in awe of how Celestine managed to write the story beautifully.

But what I'm trying to say is, this book is highly recom
Fay
I don't normally feel this much for books and fictional characters, but when I do, I become so attached to them there's no turning back. And all I want is to express how much I love them and how much I appreciate meeting them.

So thank you, Ms. Celestine. Thank you for writing this book, for giving Cris and Nathan to the world. I hope my words help them reach more people. :)

Ghost of a Feeling is a powerful story of moving forward by remembering what makes you feel alive. It's a story that will st
Anne
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've known Celestine Trinidad's brand of magical writing in the many speculative fiction anthologies she's part of. Her stories were the ones that have always stood out and became memorable to me that she's become one of my auto-buy / auto-read authors in the genre. Her first foray into romance was sort of an exciting thing for me as a fan of her work. But let me tell you nothing...and I mean NOTHING braced me for what was to come when I started reading Ghost of a Feeling.

While the story dealt w
Aira Irish
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my new favorite book. Just wow... No words could truly explain how I feel about the book. I love it that Cris takes me to her journey. I know it was never easy to go through emotional turmoil and you can't tell it to anyone because of the fear that they'll judge you for it.

Kudos to the author for this awesome author.
J.V. Mariano
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: filipino
One of the most heartwarming books I've read this year. It took me a few days to finish but all the time spent reading was worth it. :)
Allify
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A touching love story

A dark yet sweet story about what leads to thoughts of suicide and how reaching out for help can help.
Agay Llanera