Start by marking “Song of Leira (The Songkeeper Chronicles #3)” as Want to Read:
Song of Leira (The Songkeeper Chronicles #3)

Song of Leira

(The Songkeeper Chronicles #3)

The Song bids her rise to battle

Reeling from her disastrous foray into the Pit, Birdie, the young Songkeeper, retreats into the mountains. But in the war-torn north, kneeling on bloodstained battlefields to sing the souls of the dying to rest, her resolve to accept her calling is strengthened. Such evil cannot go unchallenged.

Torn between oaths to protect the Underground r
Published June 5th 2018 by Enclave

To ask other readers questions about Song of Leira, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Song of Leira

Deborah O'Carroll
The sweeping, epic conclusion to the Songkeeper Chronicles trilogy, SONG OF LEIRA far exceeded my expectations and does not disappoint! AAHH! My heart is so full. ^_^ *hugs book* I’m not using “epic” lightly—it really is that.

I haven’t read a book with such overwhelming hope in a long time. Yes, there’s darkness and war and death and sorrow, but in the midst of it, the light and the Song pour out hope and peace and strength. It’s full of those times when you feel like everything’s lost, but then
Audrey Caylin
Epic. Incredible. I cried. Though there were some technical elements I felt could have been stronger, the STORY was awesome. Full review to come soon :D

UPDATE: full review below

Truly the most powerful, epic Christian fantasy I've read in a long time. The cliffhanger ending of Songkeeper left me with high hopes for Song of Leira, and the story did not disappoint. It's definitely become of my favorite reads of 2018.

PLOT
The plot starts off a bit slow, but I've come to realize that epic fantasies te
Tricia Mingerink
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! It ends just how the series needs to end!

A more detailed review will be coming, but for now, just know it is beautiful and you should go out and read this series right now.

More detailed, updated review:

After the heart-wrenching cliffhanger-y ending of Songkeeper, I wasn’t sure how this series could batter my heart more or how it would end. I just knew I wanted the ending to be epic.

And, it was. Ky and Birdie really come into their own in this book. They both become leader
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This, my friends, is a book well worth waiting for.

Ok, so, two years isn't that long of a wait— not compared to how long some authors have taken to release new books. But with our favorite characters in dire straits, fans of the Songkeeper Chronicles have been anxiously waiting for this final installment to reassure us that, yes, the Takhran will be defeated, Amos, Birdie, Ky, and the rest will live, and the Song will be restored. And now that that book is here and those questions can be answere
Bryn
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The swansong to The Songkeeper Chronicles played a tune of 411 measures (pages). The main melody and underlying harmonies shifted their moods over and and again from humorous and heartwarming to convicting and thought provoking then on to brutal and just plain savage. The heart pounding measure "moments" and most importantly the "saw that coming but still I'm gobsmacked" were the ones I turned back the "tune" to "replay" again and again.

Adams has definitely come on a long journey through this tr
Claire Banschbach
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book!!

I will say the first half was a little slow and maybe a tad bit repetitive and it seemed like nothing much happened. But then everything started happening along with all of the emotions! Birdie really comes into her own in the second half, as does Ky.

Characters from the first two books come back for appearances in good and bad ways, leaving you biting your nails. ;) There was some really cool symbolism, and some epic action sequences. This book is just good, ok. It's basically a whol
Jane
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As the finale of the trilogy, Song of Leira is overflowing, cover-to-cover, with glorious breathtaking awesomeness. I had high expectations for this book, and I wasn't let down at all.

The whole book is a bit of a blur because I just couldn't stop turning the pages. The first act was a little slow action-wise, but even through that the tension was strung taut beneath every scene. The mood and emotion grew more and more tense with each chapter.

The characters are still so amazing. Ky wins the award
Matthew Sampson
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Song of Leira was definitely one of my most anticipated reads for the year! I loved the other two books in the series: I said that Orphan’s Song “captures the quality of a song—melodious, lyrical, wrought with the loving care and concern of a master wordsmith” and, about Songkeeper, that “Adams hits the perfect pitch of emotions in this book and ends on a note of quiet awe and longing.” And so, musical puns quite aside, how could I say no when Gillian offered the readers on her email list a chan ...more
Rebekah Gyger
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
After the dark, gruesome ending of Songkeeper, I was not sure where Song of Leira would pick up. While the cover speaks of victory, the ending of the last book was so disheartened that I did not know what to hope for in this. From the beginning it seems that the characters feel the discouragement of the last book as well. Most of them are defeated and broken, unsure of how to go on.

Honestly, I was not a fan of those first few chapters. The characters wallowed for some time and, though I recogniz
Sierra Faith
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such an epic conclusion! Love, love, love!
Alice
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was not disappointed by this dramatic climax of the Songkeeper Chronicles.

People just kept turning up. Randoms from all through the series (that I had forgotten about) would turn up when you least expected them. (view spoiler)

I enjoyed the themes it brought up in the book. The struggle of how we can pursue peace even while at war.

There was hope even in the darkness. There was a purpose behind what happened. Someone was in con
Andrew Miller
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Birdie longs for peace; but in a world torn by war, does peace have any place? Beaten by the Takhran, Birdie and Gundhrold have fled to the mountains in hopes of joining forces with the dwarves barricaded in Cadel-Gidhar, the chief dwarven stronghold of the Whyndburg Mountains. Birdie’s friend Ky is also making for the fortress, leading the remnants of the Underground, hoping for a safe haven from the Khelari. But little does either party realize that Cadel-Gidhar is already besieged by the Takh ...more
Jonny
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given a pre-release of this book, but had purchased the previous two books in the series on my own. I would love to go into the specifics, but also find it hard trying to not give away key plot twists and turns. It is a fitting conclusion to the story of Birdie (The Songkeeper) and Ky. There are some curveballs in the series I didn't see coming, but it finished with a great ending.

I feel like the story of the trilogy is really one of perseverance. Gillian Bronte Adams doesn't hold back fr
Mechelle
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
The ending was really awesome but a little hard to get there for me. I really wanted a little more of the awesome ending thru out the whole book with a final bang. It did end with my three favorite characters and that was a plus.
Phoenix Loxley
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
YAAAAAASSSS. I'VE WAITED WAY TOO LONG FOR THIS!!!!!!!!
Clare Farrelly
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is beautiful, a very satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. I did get worried at one point when a new character looked like he might take over the climax, but he didn't quite. The use of the song power is in some ways impersonal compared to some magic systems, but this one is obviously meant to be an analogy of faith, and not just a magic system so it works in quite a different way. It is such a beautiful magic too, when Birdie uses it. How she hears the music flowing through everything ...more
Carol R.
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
In Song of Leira, the young Songkeeper Birdie retreats into the mountainside after her journey into the Pit and the battle that ensued. The casualty count was high, and she sang many to their final rest. This strengthened her resolve to fight evil, despite the cost and rebuilds hope in many. Former street thief Ky enlists Birdie’s aid to free the captives from the slave camps, but Takhtan has singers of his own leading his army. When all looks darkest, Birdie answers the call.

Adams pens a tight
Jason C.
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've been amazed at the first two books in the Songkeeper series. Beautiful writing pared with heartbreaking adventure and deep characters fighting to keep above the evil plans of the Khelari.

Song of Leira continues the strong storytelling and leads to an explosive conclusion. There's a lovely melancholy as characters must battle their doubts and demons along with the plot of the antagonists. The author's eye for detail and lush description keeps a reader pulled along.

This is a very strong fin
C.R. Leverette
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I was given an advance reader copy of this book for the purpose of reviewing*

An astoundingly fantastic end to the series!
The constant, persistent theme of hope amidst the darkest doubt and despair resonated with me. To see the growth of the characters and the way they all found their place was immensely satisfying.

This is certainly a unique brand of fantasy and I loved all of the elements that were included. The creatures were fun, the people were easy to relate to, and world was well-built.
I c
Gloria
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series. To me, book 3 did start a little slow, but once the characters decided to take action, the action pulled me in. Interesting concept of both the river and the song. Liked the characters. Liked the symbolism. Liked the message. Even liked the struggle. I recommend this series. Enjoy.
Lavay Byrd
Oh my gosh, where to begin? This was such an awesome series with an epic finale!
(Full Review coming soon!)
Ratna
Luke ( LUCI ) Peterson
Mar 22, 2018
Bill Johnson
Jul 24, 2018
Gillian Bronte Adams is a sword-wielding, horse-riding, wander-loving fantasy author, rarely found without a coffee in hand and rumored to pack books before clothes when she hits the road. Working in youth ministry left her with a passion for journeying alongside children and teens. (It also enhanced her love of coffee.) Now, she writes novels that follow outcast characters down broken roads, thro ...more

The Songkeeper Chronicles (3 books)
  • Orphan's Song (The Songkeeper Chronicles, #1)
  • Songkeeper (The Songkeeper Chronicles #2)
“You are all broken, Songkeeper... But not beyond repair.” 3 likes
“There is a moment between life and death when the chain of time is broken.” 3 likes