Start by marking “The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)

The Story Peddler

(The Weaver Trilogy #1)

Selling stories is a deadly business

Tanwen doesn’t just tell stories—she weaves them into crystallized sculptures that sell for more than a few bits. But the only way to escape the control of her cruel mentor and claw her way from poverty is to set her sights on something grander: becoming Royal Storyteller to the king.

During her final story peddling tour, a t
Published May 1st 2018 by Enclave

To ask other readers questions about The Story Peddler, please sign up.
Lindsay Franklin It walks a fine line between YA and adult, but I classify it as YA. Tanwen, the protagonist, is seventeen and her journey is a coming-of-age story. I…moreIt walks a fine line between YA and adult, but I classify it as YA. Tanwen, the protagonist, is seventeen and her journey is a coming-of-age story. I hope this helps! :)(less)

Start your review of The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)
Jill Williamson
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Traitors, rebels, and the most original magic system I’ve seen since Patrick Carr’s A Cast of Stones make Lindsay Franklin’s the Story Peddler a unique and engrossing debut! I read through the book in two days. Did not want to put it down.
m a r y l i z
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ouch. Two stars always feels like a harsh rating, and I realllllllly considered rounding it up to three because I don't want to bash this book. Because I promise I didn't hate it!

If I'm being honest . . . I feel nothing towards this book.

I didn't hate it. I didn't love it.

I just feel . . . nothing.

L I K E S:

-The concept. It's what really drew me towards this book in the first place! I love the whole concept of being able to weave stories and create glass sculptures with story threads. Such a creative co/>-The/>L/>If
Tracey Dyck
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautiful tale--as cozy as Tannie's sleepy farming village, yet brimming with breathtaking wonder. About two-thirds of the way through, I commented to my brother, "It's such a wonderful thing to enjoy a novel as much as you expect you will."

WHAT I LOVED

Tanwen: She was such a refreshing protagonist! Plucky, wise, headstrong, creative, ambitious, funny, seldom quiet, and full of vim and vigor--so it didn't take me long at all to connect with her. A country orphan from Pembrone/>WHAT
R.F. Gammon
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wouldn't call this the most brilliant fantasy I've ever read, but it was ridiculously cool, I loved the characters, and the world was fantastic. The cliffhanger needed a little bit more, but overall, I think I can easily give this 4 stars and say with confidence that I'm very happy to have the sequel IN MY HANDS. xD
Bryn
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books
It's been years since I read a book in two days.

I believe for now that is quite the accolade on its own ~
Katie  Hanna
Aug 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Art has a way of revealing truth, but love triangles are for the birds, friends.

That's basically how I'd sum up this book. Half of it was a truly profound exploration of the gift of creativity, and half of it was ROMANCE DRAMA AND ANGST AND WHAT AM I EVEN DOING HERE, I'M TOO OLD AND CRABBY FOR THIS NONSENSE.

I love, absolutely love, the magic system Lindsay Franklin conjured up here. Basically, in the land of Tir, storytellers have the magic gift of creating objects through the power of their words-
Gabrielle
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I’d heard a lot of hype about this book, so I was excited to get to read it. The Story Peddler was a neat tale about how art reveals truth. It balanced allegory with action, and reminded me a lot of writers such as Serena Chase and Nicole Sager.

While I didn’t find it quite as enthralling as I’d hoped, it was a pretty good read. The plot had a good bit of action, and tied up neatly enough at the end (no horrible cliffhangers here!) while still leaving room for a sequel. Plus, Tanwen was such a f
k.m.s.
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Amazing concept, excellent characters (MOR *heart eyes*), and great climax. Would have wished for a bit more solid direction through the rest of the story, but overall, an enjoyable read (with the best pirate ever. Morwen, anyone?)
Addy S.
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
y'all. this was byfar one of my most favorite books i've read this year. seriously.

the characters. the plot. have to admit i fell in love after reading the first chapter!

Content:
-Language: n/a [author is a Christian, so none here!]
-Romance: one forced kiss [the situation was not with the main character, but still not enjoyable to read. the side character handled it well], one kiss [Tanwen and someone...XD], hugs, feelings, sweet gestures that could be taken as
Merie Shen
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Why is this book so under the radar?! What a gem to be found among so many piles of unoriginal works on the shelves! Lindsay Franklin is an amazing writer. Emphasis on amazing.

I seriously loved this book to no end and am on pins and needles, waiting for the sequel, which I'm absolutely positive won't disappoint. (at least... it had better not.) The wring style, the voice, the imagery, the characters plot worldbuilding and story-- all of it. It was just stunning. This is real fantasy,
Amanda Geaney
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Book lovers, imagine what it would be like to see the spoken words of a gifted storyteller crystallizing into tangible objects right before your eyes! This idea is what initially lured me to Lindsay A. Franklin’s debut fiction novel, The Story Peddler. What kept me tethered to the story was her imaginative world-building, valiant characters, and the thrill of discovery.

Every person will read a story through the lens of their own personal worldview and experiences
Jane
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
The Story Peddler is a captivating tale of adventures, rebels, treason, and forbidden stories. Even the concept of story weaving intrigued me from the start, and the beautiful cover gave me high hopes for this book. Those expectations weren’t let down even a notch.

The characters are all so unique and practically bursting from the page with the stunning realness to each and every one of them. Not only were the main and secondary characters realistic, but even the random characters who had one scene and/>The
Rebekah Gyger
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
I kind of hate being one of the first to review this story and not give it a four or higher rating. With so many readers and reviewers stating that they adored this book, I entered in expecting to be swept away in a magical narrative that made me forget my own time and place. However, while I was entertained, I was not captivated the way many others were.

The story follows Tanwen, a girl who is able to weave and solidify story, which is a beautiful concept full of vivid imagery. Every
Deena
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hmmm. How to describe this book...

Exquisite. Enchanting. Epic.

Prepare to be swept away to the land of Tire as you meet author Lindsay A. Franklin's band of merry characters in The Story Peddler. Lindsay Franklin, like her heroine Tamwen does, paints vividly with her words.

You'll fall in love with each imaginary person. . .unless he or she is a villain--those you will despise! You will see magical things unlike any you've seen before, and you will believe.

Tanwen is an ap
iamnotabookworm
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book from Miss Laura Grace of Unicorn Quester. She's the blog tour coordinator for the tour of this book. She got my contact information from The Book Blogger List. Of course, I agreed to join the tour and review the book.

The Story Peddler is the first of The Weaver Trilogy. The main character in the story is Tanwen. An orphan whose only memory of her parents are the trinkets, few furniture, and books left on the cottage in the farming village of Pembrone. She had to support herself
Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)
Thank you Netgalley and Gilead Publishing for the review copy!

A story about a girl who weaves stories into crystallized sculptures. This is what caught my attention when I looked this book up. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a book like this before!
It was a bit slow at first but I was really interested to know wcopy!
Katelyn Buxton
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this, I really did. It has a lot of potential, and I love the theme that art has a way of revealing truth. But I struggled to connect, even with the vividness of Tanwen’s charming southern-style narration. Above all, the climax even managed to keep my nose glued to the pages despite the rest of it being slow. I think what made it “meh,” though, was the love square. Others have waxed more poetic about it than I, but needless to say, it’s hard to root for someone who gets engaged ...more
E. Writes
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've read in the past year, I think!

The Story Peddler is a sumptuously presented book, from its gorgeous, gorgeous cover, to it's detailed interior formatting, it is a visual delight.

The publishing house did a great job with packaging.

The concept of stories that become colorful strands and then can be seen and stand apart from the teller, is a unique plot device.

Unfortunately, the Main Character didn't click with me at all
R.J. Rodda
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5

A really enjoyable clean fantasy read. I loved the way the main character could create real objects from her stories and the emphasis on the power of stories to change the world. It was also refreshing to have female characters I really liked - especially Braith who kept trying to do her best under difficult circumstances, but also Tanwen.

The ending was great especially in relation to Braith. I was definitely cheering.

I am curious about how the Tanwen / Brac / Mor situation will pan out in
Aristae Henricus
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Most of the time a cover is one of the last things that draws me to a story, but it was not so with this one. This book has been on my TBR list for about a year so I bumped it up on the list for this year.

Things I didn't like:
The story started off a bit slow for me, but the plot promised to be intriguing and the characters were awesome so I kept going.

Things I loved:

1. Awesome "magic" system. The idea that someone can make a story physical and alive will never not be ol
Deborah O'Carroll
(Originally posted on my book blog, complete with photography, here: https://thepagedreamer.wordpress.com/...)

10 Thoughts on The Story Peddler

1. What an enjoyable tale! When I first heard about this book, I knew I needed to try it out. A fantasy novel about a story-weaver who sells stories? Um, yes, please! I think it could have been more of a top-favorite than it ended up being (for me), but on the whole I loved it! ^_^

2. Tanwen, our heroine, tells most of the story in her own charming village girl voice, though
Toni Shiloh
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great book that kept my interest from beginning to end. Now I need book 2!
Ralene Burke
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Story Peddler is a fun YA fantasy about Tanwen, a story peddler, who finds herself in quite a bit of trouble. As hard as she tries to keep her story weaving within approved standards, she finds herself on the wrong side of the law. And that can only mean trouble!

Lindsay created a unique world with lots of equally unique characters, like a pirate who is also a story peddler. Or a princess who is at odds with the king–and isn’t afraid to stand up for what she believes in. Or a farm
Sarah Fehrenbach
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Add this to your must read list for 2018! A story unlike any other I’ve ever read. Lindsay captures details and illustrations in a way where you feel like you’re transported into the story and experiencing what the characters go through.
Jenna
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
And Tanwen gets added to my list of favorite female protagonists. I loved her spunk, fight, and humor. <3
This fantasy world Lindsay created was a unique one in my opinion, but easy to grasp still. It look me a couple chapters to really get into the story, but once it grabbed me it didn't let go! I came to adore the characters of the Corsyth, especially Mor and Karlith.
I DEFINITELY need the second book in this trilogy, because that ending left me dying (in a good way) :D
Jo
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*screams*

This has got to be one of the best books I have ever gotten to read. Every single little thing, the tension, the concepts, the themes. Can't wait for summer to see the next part to this amazing story!
K.L
Art has a way of revealing truth

This has been the most disappointing book that I have read so far this year.

And that is completly my own doing, as I way over hyped this book, convinced it was going to be amazing and one of my favorites. But I actually found it lacking and I really struggled to get through it.

Now, the story was good, the writing fine and I loved the whole story-strand aspect amazing and gorgeous. But I just... didn't like it. I found it a bit juvenile and sappy. It never managed to bring
Abigail
Oh my gosh, this book was to die for. I loved it so much!! Everything about this book had me reading it and not wanting to put it down.

The characters were amazing and so lovable. I really enjoyed getting to know all these wonderful characters.

The world building and fantasy of this book had my heart racing with adoration. I am a sucker for a good fantasy so this book was right up my alley.

The plot was unique but classic at the same time. I was second guessing a lot of stuff throughout the book
H.S.J. Williams
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent debut and an exciting start to a fantasy trilogy!

I admit, at the very beginning, I did have some trouble settling into the story....it was well-written and interesting, I just was sort of stressed by the romantic drama and immaturity of some of the characters. But good news, the characters, the story, and my investment grew. About mid-way, the book really hits its stride...the cast is awesome, the tale is grand, the romance is....still stressful, but we shall see what happens, lol.
Bree
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another reason I need to venture out of my comfort zone. The Story Peddler not only weaves a story but weaves the reader into the ink of the words. It is like a magical feeling to be swept up into the pages of this book and glide back to reality at the end of the novel. I couldn't fathom not reading this book again.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
What's Your Favorite Mythical Critter in The Story Peddler? 3 5 Apr 29, 2018 11:56AM
Story Weaving 2 5 Apr 16, 2018 09:42AM

• Mark of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #1)
  • Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)
  • Fawkes
  • A Time to Die (Out of Time, #1)
  • A Time to Speak (Out of Time, #2)
  • The Electrical Menagerie (The Celestial Isles #1)
  • Unbreakable (Unblemished, #3)
  • Orphan's Song (The Songkeeper Chronicles, #1)
  • Tainted (Soul Chronicles, #1)
  • Unblemished (Unblemished #1)
  • Song of Leira (The Songkeeper Chronicles #3)
  • The Girl Who Could See
  • Just One Kiss
  • Awakened
  • Romanov
  • Within These Lines
  • Reclaiming Shilo Snow (The Evaporation of Sofi Snow, #2)
  • The Painted Castle (Lost Castle #3)
Lindsay A. Franklin is a Carol Award–winning author, freelance editor, and homeschooling mom of three. She would wear pajama pants all the time if it were socially acceptable. Lindsay lives in her native San Diego with her scruffy-looking nerf-herder husband, their precious geeklings, three demanding thunder pillows (a.k.a. cats), and a stuffed marsupial named Wombatman. You can find Lindsay on In ...more

The Weaver Trilogy (2 books)
  • The Story Raider (The Weaver Trilogy, #2)
“Most people’s lives were stories with mysterious endings. Mine was a story with a beginning I could never make sense of. It was like fifty different unrelated strands I couldn’t weave into a solid crystal.” 2 likes
“You’re wrong, though. It ain’t that I’m not brave. Being in love…Well, that’s the biggest kind of brave there is.” 2 likes