Start by marking “the COCK in me: A Chicken Shifter Romance” as Want to Read:
the COCK in me: A Chicken Shifter Romance

the COCK in me: A Chicken Shifter Romance

A story with no planning at all. This book was written on a whim because the delusional author, who is writing this blurb in the third person, thought it would be fun.
The lead character is an ass, but he isn’t actually an Ass he is a Human who turns into a Chicken. You read that right, he is no Alpha-Wolf or a hot beefy Bear, he is a clucking cluster-f*ck of testosterone.
Published October 13th 2017

To ask other readers questions about the COCK in me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about the COCK in me

BookAddict
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not long ago, I suggested to an author friend of mine that she write a satirical romance short story utilizing as many corny, bad adjectives and descriptors as she could come up with. Heaven knows, I certainly had a long list from other authors attempting uniqueness in their novels and falling flat with a “throw a dart at the thesaurus ” method of writing. Well, let me tell you, Julian has done just that, and in a side-splitting, hilarious, spectacular way!

This story begins with the main charact
S
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just to let you know this isn’t your typical shifter book. I’m sure you guys have read about our flashier relatives the wolf and bear shifters well I’m a real live chicken shifter or were-chicken if you must. True their aren’t many of us since some of my brethren have ended up as part of a $5.99 special from that guy that sells chicken in those cardboard buckets.

While we may have feathers and beaks in our were form, when we are human we do have enormous meat sticks that gets the female spring br
Grace Risata
This book was amazing. Why? Because it had everything that I want in a book (captivating characters with depths to their personality, fast paced plot, action sequences, love scenes, a SATISFYING ending, and laugh-out-loud moments) and NOTHING that I don't (I hate unnecessary drama, one dimensional characters, storylines that drag, and cliffhangers).
I honestly had no clue what to expect going into this book, but it surpassed my expectations. I usually never re-read books because there are so many
Meg
4 Stars

I gave The Cock in Me by Julian Napier Four Stars. I would consider this a Spoof on Shifter books so when you start reading it please keep that in mind. You are thrown right into a scene that includes two male shifter chickens and female and you think “wow does this book have a story line” It sure does and it is Hilarious! I found myself laughing out loud and reading sentences to my Husband. At one point, I said “why am I reading this” but I could not put it down, I had to finish the stor
Rochelle Sumner Kroesen
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I must say that this is truly unlike anything I've ever read. Though you won't get smarter or learn how to solve the worlds problems reading this book, you will laugh your behind off. With so many WTF and did I just read that right moments, this is one of those books you pull out when life is just so dull or you need a good laugh.
Karen
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh my dear lord! what did I just read? This is the hilarious story about a chicken shifter (yep chicken shifter) who is all about sex and being lazy, saving the girl and driving her amazing car. I honestly laughed so hard at some of the dialog. If you don't have the sense of humor of that of a 13 year old this may not be the story for you. Definitely NSFW or for anyone really.
Karen Hicks
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how to describe this book. It makes no sense yet it had me laughing the whole time! People shifting into chickens? Hilarious 🐤
J.L. Leslie
4.5 Stars. So funny! I read this book in between some dark romance reads and angsty romance reads and I needed it! It's funny, quirky, and dirty and had just enough plot to keep me reading. Who would have though a chicken shifter could be sexy, but he is! There's a touch of romance and some action that made this book fun to read. I would consider it's genre to be rom-com or an erotic comedy and Julian Napier sucked you right in with the first few pages. I'll have to see how well he writes when h ...more
Ronda
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m not sure where to start with this review. Could I have spent the hour doing something productive over reading this? Yes, I could have but then I wouldn’t have spent an hour laughing and escaping reality reading a chicken shifter romance. Let me just say that this is probably something you have never read before or will read again unless Mr. Napier continues to take public transportation with nothing but his delusional mind and his cell phone.

This shifter romance about a human who turns into
Cassy
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been trying to figure out how to write a review for this story. It is certainly not your typical shifter story and is definitely in the realm of what did I just read. I went in knowing not to take it seriously and it ended up being a hilarious read. This is a chicken shifter romance (yes, chicken) and there are so many different terms that Julian uses to describe a scene or a part of the anatomy that will leave you laughing. If you'd like a good hearty laugh along with a few WTF moments, I ...more
Janet Harrall
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok where do I start with the review of this book. I probably need to say it has to be read with tongue in cheek!!. Chickens shifters and humans...really!!....yep that's correct. It's a short story that's well written and easy to read and it's absolutely hilarious. I won't bother going over the story but Ive never laughed so much. Ive also never seen so many metaphors for parts of the human body!!..
Julian Napier has a very clever but sometimes warped mind when he's writing but it makes him unique
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I saw this one and looked at the title and blurb and thought that maybe this was some weird joke. It's not a joke, it's really a story. It's a funny story. I was in need of a laugh and a break for life so I grabbed this one. It's a short quick read that will have you laughing. The main character is a chicken shifter. I don't think he think about much but sex. The story has funny lines that kept me turning the page. If you are looking for a quick read that will make you laugh, you should check th ...more
Jacqueline
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Read the book with an open mind and a mood to laugh and you will sure enjoy it (as well as laugh a lot !). I started reading it thinking it was a typical shifter romance and man was I wrong ! Shifter chickens ! Never saw that coming. The first page I was bugging my eyes out thinking 'seriously - who talks like that'. But it didn't take long to realize where the author is taking you. It's simple enjoyment. Like an x-rated version of a shifter spoof. If you want to laugh out loud - read this book.
Erika Patrick
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Where to start with this very interesting piece given to us by the infamous Julian Napier...Wow. I’ve read a lot of shifter stories in my time but I will admit this is the first chicken shifter book that has ever graced my kindle. Julian’s twisted sense of humor is seen throughout this book. If you are easily offended this is probably not the book for you. However, if you like to laugh and have a weird sense of humor this book is 100% up your ally.
Autumn Lee
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I cant even...

This book was meant to be tongue in cheek, but it's actually mouth wide open head flung back hysterical!! It does all the things that a book should never do but it does it so badly that it's just f'ing epic awesomeness. Get it. Read it. You won't be able to stop smiling for days if you just let your prejudices go and simply enjoy. Plus, don't forget to read the acknowledgement section at the end. Its just a twisted and fun as the book!
Mel
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the type of book that a serious reader would give 🌟

BUT...... what’s a serious reader doing reading this???? This is a book you go into, reading it tongue in cheek style. It’s a CHICKEN SHFTER ROMANCE FFS

YES, I said a CHICKEN SHIFTER ROMANCE!

Read it to have a laugh and escape for an hour or two. Pass it on to friends who have a stick up their ass, to get them living again.

ENJOY! Don’t blame me..... Julian is a twisted mother trucker!
Sharon Landry
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just read this! Definitely different from the other books I’ve read from Julian. I literally laughed out loud. I should probably read it again to make sure I didn’t miss anything between the laugh tears. But seriously, check this out
Amy K  Hough
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so hilarious!! I got a lot going on right now and this book made my day I could not stop laughing!! A Must read for a cheer up pick me up And just flat out belly laughs!!! 2 👍👍thumbs up and a standing slow clap!!!👏👏
Melissa
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Julian Napier has written a great little shifter book. Not your average werewolf, nope! The Cock in Me is a mother-cluckin' hilarious, tongue in cheek read that will leave you with tears of laughter!!
E.J. Frost
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I picked this up as a joke, because chicken shifters, really? But this book is absolutely hilarious. I laughed all the way through and the "cock-fight" had me absolutely peeing with laughter. If you're looking for something very light-hearted, this cocky romance is a winner.
Whitney Lee
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow what a different spin on the shifter story. Umm made me laugh cringe and just a quick read to distract me. It was very easy to read and funny

Received an arc for my honest review
Victoria Craig
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really !!

This is an insanely written piece of work that is incredibly funny and freakish as heck !! I loved it !! I will also never look at chickens the same again 💛
Nikki Grummitt
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
omg that was the strangest most hilariously funny thing I have read in forever!
Bella Emy
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I laughed my ass off. This is a quick read and I laughed so hard. This is the perfect in between read when you want a break from long novels. Very amusing.
Jeanne
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story was absolutely hysterical. Werechickens. Who like sex with tourist humans. And now they’re trying to avoid being turned into nuggets.
Helen Simpson
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
THIS HAD TO BE THE MOST BIZAARE READ I HAVE EVER READ. PLENTY OF LAUGH OUT MOMENTS THAT CRACKED ME UP. I LOVE SHIFTER BOOKS BUT NEVER THOUGHT OF A CHICKEN HAHA
Nikki Grummitt
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
omg that was the strangest most hilariously funny thing I have read in forever!
Colleen Fowling
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LMAO WTF

LMAO What have I just read. This book is weird, but awesome. A funny strange quick read. I loved it lol
AnnaMarie Gardner
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truly one of the funest things I have ever read. I laughed so much while reading it, but I love the concept of a chicken shifter. A fun entertaining read.
Emma
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny as hell

First thing that comes to mind is what have I just read, but if u want a laugh out loud, completely random book then read this.
Julian Napier is the twisted side of sexy.

An author who will push boundaries in more ways than you can imagine through stories that will drag you to the depths of darkness.

After years of fascination with the strange, the bizarre and the macabre Julian has decided to put his over active imagination to good use and produce sinister stories and twisted tales for whoever is willing to read them.