Start by marking “Defiant Queen (Mount Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Defiant Queen (Mount Trilogy, #2)

Defiant Queen

(Mount Trilogy #2)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  17,466 ratings  ·  1,571 reviews
The Mount Trilogy continues with Defiant Queen...

I’m his entertainment. His toy. Payment on a debt.
I tell myself I hate him, but every time he walks into the room, my body betrays me. How can I want him and fear him in the same moment?
They told me he’d mess with my head. Make it go to war with my body.
But I didn’t realize it would be complete anarchy.
I should’ve kno
Published November 14th 2017 by Red Dress Press

To ask other readers questions about Defiant Queen, please sign up.
ANNE but not Hathaway Hi Maria. I'm from Philippines too. About your question, i don't think this book is available on Smashwords. You can try B&N or Kobo. …moreHi Maria. I'm from Philippines too. About your question, i don't think this book is available on Smashwords. You can try B&N or Kobo. (less)

·  17,466 ratings  ·  1,571 reviews

Start your review of Defiant Queen (Mount Trilogy, #2)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS

Every time I think I have her figured out, I realize none of my normal barometers apply when it comes to Keira Kilgore. She’s the exception to everything I thought I knew.

Dear mother of GAWD. I'm obsessed! OBSESSED with this trilogy. It's like it was custom written for me. I want to slap someone with my kindle right now, it was so good. Yes, this is perfectly normal. Quit side-eyeing me.

I have the worst book ADD when it comes to trilogies. Never has one kept me as completely r
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

‘DEFIANT QUEEN:’ is the second book of the Mount Trilogy by Meghan March and picks up right where Ruthless King left off. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’.

In this we see a different side to Mount emerge which we didn’t really see in the first book, he was all hard corners and ruthless in this we finally get to see the man within. I loved reading about his childhood, what set him on the course he’s on today. So many layers to him like an onion each chapter we peel off another layer.

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

This was only ever supposed to be sex. Repayment on a debt owed. But it has spiraled out of control, and now I’m terrified it’s becoming something else entirely—which is impossible.

While ”Ruthless King” focused on Keira’s story, in ”DEFIANT QUEEN” we get to know our sexy and domineering alpha male, Lachlan Mount. I enjoyed this one so much more than the first book because, to be honest, Keira is an incredibly annoying heroine and Lachlan doe
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
The King of NOLA and his Whiskey Queen!

We all know that New Orleans is a city full of tough people. The people there are hearty and have lived through a lot! They have had hurricanes, even before Katrina, they have had rumors of Vampires even before Anne Rice, they have witches, Voodoo, Santaria, haunted cemeteries and pick pockets and all sorts of crime during Mardi Gras.

But the real underworld of New Orleans is run by the King, Lachlan Mount. Nobody does business in the city without his say.
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO|

Book 2 in trilogy.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO|

Books in Mount trilogy should be read in order:
Book 1: Ruthless King
Book 2: Defiant Queen
Book 3: Sinful Empire
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

5 AMAZING stars

I loved it, this series is so addictive.The anticipation for Defiant Queen was so big because the previous book left me speechless!

This book kept my interest throughout, it's a quick read,passionate,super hot and there were moments it was driving me crazy in a good way.Keira and Mount have an amazing chemistry and their sexy times is absolutely steamy.

I could keep going saying how amazing this series is because seriously guys if you h
Jen
3.5 Stars!!!

This is the second book in the trilogy and I found that for me it was slow starting. I think it was mainly because I had read the first book back in November so it took me some time to remember the little details. Usually this is why I try to wait until a whole trilogy is out before I read it!! My memory isn’t what it used to be!! Plus I read so many books, I tend to mix some up etc..!!

As far as the writing goes, it was great! I love all of Meghan March’s books and this trilogy is de
Coco.V
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"I was a fool thinking I could take her, fuck her, and keep her in a little box on a shelf like any other toy."

A captivating read!

This amazing author worked her magic once again to deliver another mind-blowing read in the Mount Trilogy. Ruthless King rocked my world and the second installment Defiant Queen, took me to a new level of intense ride. Loved it with passion and couldn’t put it down. Difficult to talk about it without giving anything away. Just know this book has it all. Great stor
Sophia Triad
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Keira Kilgore
We're Irish. We believe in fate. The right man will find you, and he won't let you go when he recognises what he's got.

Athough this book is called Defiant Queen, Mount is the one that mainly tells the continuation of the story and thinks of his feelings. That way, he will be more likable and more understandable for the actions. Obviously he is not that powerful man who cares for nothing. He has weaknesses and insecurities. He will need a few advices.

Mount and Keira's relationship wi
*TANYA*
Dec 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Okay, I have to admit this story is cheesy cute. Lol. Ugh, and that freaking cliffhanger???!!! And I have to wait for the next book!!!??? Grrrrrr
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Keira Kilgore has become something I never intended, but I make the rules in my world, so there’s nothing fucking stopping me from changing plans now. The best part about being the king? I can do whatever I want”.

Well SHIIIIIIIIIT!! I went into this one with such a full force because of that ending in “Ruthless King” and let me tell you something… I would kill to go through that ending again instead of what happened at the end of this one. I seriously think this author is trying to test
Olga therebelreader
This book had absolutely everything I was looking for! Drama, steam, romance, some clichés, mystery, crazy killers and a to be continued… sniff…

Mount was moody, scary, sweet and caring…He was truly perfect. He could scare you and at the same time keep you all hot for him! And Keira was such a kickass heroine! I loved that she spoke back to Mount and wasn’t scared of him like everyone else.

The sexual tension and angst was scorching in this book. I loved the storyline with the intricate suspense
Kim
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: people who love to stuff things up their ass
Now that I’ve finished... oh boy. This is probably the butt pluggiest book I’ve ever read. At least half of these overpriced chapters has a butt plug mentioned in them. And if that’s your thing then good for you. For me, it is neither hot nor sexy. Just... Ew. Not my cup of tea, sorry.

Mount is still a one dimensional alpha dude who doesn’t know the word “no” if it slapped him in the face, and neither does Keira because she keeps mouthing off to prove she has a backbone (somewhere, but she keeps
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦Hokay so. Let me fire it up.

➦Just as a heads up, I will be reviewing all the books in this trilogy in this one review. Because it's just better that way, people. Trust me.

➦Don't be thinking I'm lazy or something. I work hard, people.

➦Well, nothing besides writing this awesome review here, of course. So here is. I think Meghan March is a great writer AND I think she's a smart writer. The first two books were brilliantly done and kept me in suspense. I simply needed answers and could not wait for
Sentranced Jem
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
FOR GOODREADS

def

Title: Defiant Queen (Mount Trilogy #2)
Author: Meghan March
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: November 14, 2017

Defiant Queen is the second installation in the Mount trilogy. If you've read my review of Ruthless King (Here), you'd know that I wasn't really into Ruthless King unlike some of my fellow bookworm friends BUT I am now finally a convert. I'm gonna hop into the bandwagon and celebrate this beauty of a book!

Defiant Queen was everything I needed from R
Claire Scott
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, I'm seriously torn about this book. I loved how we got a better insight into Lachlan (yes, I am now going to call him Lachlan now and not Mount lol), what drives him and his past. And there were some really hot scenes. The whole Dublin part was too cute. I really enjoyed seeing how Lachlan and Keira's relationship is developing.

But, on the down side . . . that ending! I can't believe it ended there. I'm really annoyed that it actually ended like that. But will I stop reading the series? N
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
I am pleased to announce that within the first few pages, there is immediate relief from the cliff hanger we ended on in Ruthless King.

However, as the title of this indicates, Keira remains defiant to Mount's never ending dominance and demands. And so she should! Keira does have plenty of moments of acquiescence, when Mount gets her so aroused that saying no would be just plain stupid, in fact even forming words would be impossible.

'Facing this man is like taking on a category 5 hurricane. M
Shayna
OMG! Get ready for the build-up of all build-ups! Mount and Keira are back and things are getting even HOTTER, if that is even possible! Meghan March has taken it to the next level with this series and I just can’t wait to find out how this epic romance is going to come full circle! DEFIANT QUEEN is the highly anticipated book two in the Mount Trilogy and you ladies are in for a real treat because if you think you had a hold on Mount after just a taste in book one, you have NO IDEA what you’re i ...more
Snow

I am not a good man. My soul is black. My heart is stone. My reputation isn't legend or myth, but a collection of facts.

Fast paced, full of rush and adrenaline in all the push and pull struggles and sexy encounters between the king of the underworld Lachlan Mount and Keira Kilgore, the only woman fit to stand by his side...if only she'd do it willingly, if only she'd realized she's right where she belongs, as his queen...but still a defiant one...
I see Keira Kilgore exactly f
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Defiant Queen starts off after a big shocker that ended Ruthless King. Diving right back into the story we get to see how Keira and Lachlan are handling each other and how Keira is doing after getting such a big shock.

This serial has not slowed down at all throughout these two books and I love that about them. Serials are always a little iffy for me because I find that inevitably one of the books will be very slow and seem more like filler to keep the story going.
Paige
4 “Changing” Stars

Defiant Queen is the second book in the Mount trilogy. It’s as sexy if not moresothan book 1 and the action is just as fast paced. Getting to know more about Mount and seeing a bit of different side of him had me flipping the pages as fast as I could. Kiera isn’t out of the woods and she knows it even if the more time she spends with the domineering leader of the underworld she falls a little bit more. Leaving me gasping for breath, I’m so excited to see where this trilogy lead
Indelicate Reviews by DD
Why have I not picked up Meghan March before??!!

This storyline had me on the edge of my seat! Savoring every word like it was my favorite dark chocolate. March is beyond talented in weaving a story!

Picking up where book 1 left off the relationship continues to evolve between Keira and Mount. Mount has sought unsolicited advice on how to properly "woo" a strong, independent woman. We see as they progress Mount truly deeply loves Keira, however all his dominance in the beginning may prove to forev
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

****Review to follow shortly after finishing book 3 in the Mount Trilogy****
Hanne
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Defiant Queen is the second part in the Mount Trilogy that tells us the love story of Mount, the king of the New Orleans’ underground, and Keira, the woman who challenges him like nobody has ever done before. I loved this book even more than Ruthless King. I devoured Defiant Queen! It was so addictive, steamy and (a little) dark.

There were many chapters told from Mount’s point of view and I loved that! Mount was still a mystery at the end of Ruthless King and I know him better now. There were li
Deborah
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it

The book opens thirty years earlier with the event that set Lachlan on the path to being the man he is today. That glimpse into his past was heartbreaking and just made love him even more.

The cliffhanger from the previous book is next and then it’s Lachlan and Keira together and I loved it.
This is an incredibly short review because after the cliffhanger I’m moving straight onto the third and final book Sinful Empire with no time to waste.
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Meghan March Fans, Erotica, Romance
5 Taunted, Teased and Succumbed Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free
Meghan March has made me a follower... A devout reader who takes her latest work to bed, middle of the night reading and sneaking time away from work reading...In other words...She has held me captive with this Mount Trilogy and there are no complaints at all. In fact, I relish the lack of sleep and sneak reading because it means she has done everything right in this second part.

In Defiant Queen we are brought to the evening ending in R
Radd Reader
Must read book 1. This book picks up with a little background for Mount and then dives right in where the cliffhanger from book 1 left the reader dangling.

”Dance with me, Lachlan. Dance with me in Dublin.”

Characters
Lachlan Mount (but everyone just uses his last name)
Mount is the king of the New Orleans’ underworld.
The following were the words/phrases used to describe the Hero: his actions are the result of cold, precise calculation; he treats everything like it’s temporary; he rules an
Jx PinkLady Reviews ♡ @bookwormthoughts
*LIVE!

'Defiant Queen,' is the second in the Mount Trilogy and Meghan March did not disappoint in any way. It's a powerhouse of a middle part to this very, very SEXY and dynamic series. Very pacey, moving forwards with fluidity and an engaging plot that richly develops revealing the layers of the story and characters so well. We learn more about our male domineering protagonist, Mount, and the history that has shaped his characterization which felt totally enlightening to me and, in terms of moti
Janie
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: broody-hero
So we are finally starting to see more emotion from these two. We get a lot more inside Lachlan Mount’s head which was lacking for me in the first book.

Keira’s reluctance, while understandable is getting on my nerves lol. She needs to start seeing Lachlan’s actions more clearly imo.

Onto the third book where I’m hoping these two start being more honest with not only each other but themselves about what they really want.
Literatures Movies
Dec 09, 2017 marked it as meh

description

I skimmed it.

After reading book 1, I was so excited to jump straight to the second book to find out more about what is going to happen between Lachlan and Keira. But what I found out disappointed me. In book 1, there seem to be lacking something. Like, the connection between the two was not really there despite the banging as hell sex scenes and sexual attraction and what not.

So going into the second book, I was expecting the author to explore and exploit more on the emotional part of things i
Goodreads Librari...: add dutch edition to book 3 217 May 05, 2019 02:46AM

• Beautifully Cruel
  • Inappropriate
  • Sweet Temptation
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1)
  • Dirty Filthy Rich Love (Dirty Duet, #2)
  • Dirty Filthy Rich Men (Dirty Duet, #1)
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Collateral
  • Dirty Headlines
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • Once a Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • The Rivals
Making the jump from corporate lawyer to romance author was a leap of faith that New York Times, #1 Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author Meghan March will never regret. With over thirty titles published, she has sold millions of books in nearly a dozen languages to fellow romance-lovers around the world. A nomad at heart, she can currently be found in the woods of the Pacific Nort ...more

Mount Trilogy (3 books)
  • Ruthless King (Mount Trilogy, #1)
  • Sinful Empire (Mount Trilogy, #3)