Start by marking “Heartthrob (All-Stars #3)” as Want to Read:
Heartthrob (All-Stars #3)

Heartthrob

(All-Stars #3)

Move over, Colin Firth - there’s a new Darcy in town!

Jax Hawthorne is Hollywood’s sexiest bad boy. I’m a glorified secretary who thinks color-coding my library is a wild Friday night. So when he shows up after all this time wanting to make good on our childhood deal to tie the knot, it’s not because he can’t resist my perfect credit score.

He needs a fake girlfriend to re
Published November 28th 2017 by Katie McCoy Books

To ask other readers questions about Heartthrob, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heartthrob

Eve (Between The Bookends)
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing

description
descriptionSo color me surprised, but I enjoyed this one way more than I thought I would. I'll be honest I am not a fan of actor heroes or rock star heroes, really any famous type of hero. Mostly because generally the plots are always filled with OW drama, and the heroes are always uber manwhores. Neither was the case in this one thankfully. Oh, he wasn't a saint, since the whole reason he needs a "fake" girlfriend is to makeover his reputation, but he didn't seem to be a walking STD, so that was a bonus.

O
Tpagirl
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Heartthrob was the third book in the All-Stars series by Katie McCoy.

Jax Hawthorne was Hollywood’s sexiest playboy. He was gorgeous, confident, talented and had one of the worst reputations for commitment, but always the one for female fun.

Penny Pollack was the sister to Paige, Hot Bachelor, book two. Although beautiful, she was reliable, serious and a non-risk taker. Her reputation amongst her friends bordered boring and safe.

Jax and Penny were friends when she was ten and he was twelve; howev
Beneath The Covers Blog
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kelly, 2017-reads, arcs
A heartfelt and humorous hollywood romance!

Heartthrob is a sweet, yet savory, romantic comedy that gets you hot and bothered one minute, just to turn you into a gooey puddle of emotions the next.

The story follows the journey of THE hollywood heartthrob Jax, and his childhood friend, Penny. Needing to overhaul his "playboy" image to land the role of his dreams, Jax hires Penny to play his doting girlfriend. But when the lines between fiction and reality blur, will these two be able to walk away f
Delilah Frost
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, well, I liked this one. 4 Stars

There were a couple things keeping me from rating it higher, but overall, I enjoyed this read.

Penny...I liked her. I thought she was a little too hard on herself, especially in the beginning when it came to who she was as a person (insecure) but as time went on, she did get better. And once she explained a bit more to Jax how her parents viewed her and her sister, things made a little more sense. Still, she came out of her shell nicely, if not dramatically. I
2OCC Reviews
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
Jessica’s Review
This book was super cute. You have your typical Hollywood park for a bit is the title suggests, and then you have sweet down to earth penny. I really love how the author intertwined both of their careers into the spot. Yes Penny is it working per se but it talks about her blood for for work.

I like that it was lighthearted, light on the drama, but heavy on the attraction between the characters. The drama that was and it was resolved fairly quickly and I really enjoyed that fact. 4
Shelby (Book Lovers Have More Fun)
This book was SO CUTE. I'm not a big fan of books with celebrities in them, but since Katie McCoy is one of my FAVORITE romantic comedy authors I knew she wouldn't let me down. And she didn't!!! The two leads were VERY sweet, likable, and relatable, despite one of them being a famous actor. I can't wait for more!!!

Julie
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Heartthrob by Katie McCoy is an utterly adorable friends-to-lovers romance. Hot, British actor in need of cleaning up his act uses poor, out-of-work childhood friend to dupe the studio heads into thinking he is no longer a party boy. The only problem is, the childhood friend is in a vulnerable place and crushes on him.

Pretty red-headed Penny grew up poor, and that influenced her need for stability and her risk avoidance. Penny is an adorable and highly empathetic character. The British heartthro
Red Cheeks Reads
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it

Jax and Penny may have known each other when they were younger but they have both grown up into very different lives. Jax is living the high life as a sexy, successful actor with the bad boy image thrown in. While Penny is living a very much opposite, mundane kinda life. So when Jax rings her out of the blue with a proposal to be his fake girlfriend to help clean up his image, Penny sees no reason not to. Things don’t stay simple for long however and soon this fake relationship starts involving,
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
description
I was sold on giving this book a shot with the Pride and Prejudice tie in, but what I ended up getting was a totally engrossing romance with a fun, flirty, Hollywood heartthrob and his play it safe, number loving childhood friend. The pact that they made as children takes on all new meaning when Jax needs a fake girlfriend to rehab his bad boy image and he decides Penny would fit the bill. Lines are blurred and boundaries crossed as the two spend time together and soon their fake relationship is
Liz
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heartthrob by Katie McCoy was so much fun to read! I found myself so easily getting lost in the story and just enjoying myself.

Jax Hawthorne needs help. He is America’s current hottest commodity and its sexiest bad boy. But he has his sights set on his dream job. The only problem? He needs to show a better image of himself to the world. To accomplish this, he decides he needs a fake girlfriend to show the world he has reformed. I liked Jax, even when I wanted to shake him. He was a good guy, bu
Caroline F
"Despite everything, I still wanted to fall in love. I still wanted to find "the one"."

Penny Pollack has the worst luck in romance. When she bumps into an old childhood friend, who is now Hollywood's latest heartthrob, she knows she should steer clear. However, when he makes her an offer she can't refuse, she decides to break out of her boring, good girl ways and take a risk.

"She was still thoughtful, and sweet, and with a wicked sharp tongue, but she had obviously grown up. She was all woman no
Fatimama
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
The writing was engaging and I liked the story but I’m not sure about the HEA coz we all know actors get divorced all the freaking time. It would have been nice to have a 10-20 yr epilogue to reinforce the HEA.
Kelly Emery (Beneath The Covers Blog)
Full review can be found at Beneath The Covers Blog --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.*
Tracy- OMGReads
Fun and full of steam, Heart Throb is a perfect childhood friends to lovers romance. Jax and Penny ooze chemistry, making this slow burn feel even hotter.

Penny is a sweet girl. She was brave, and tougher than she thought she was. Jax is the tempting bad boy. He helped Penny come out of her shell, while she helped steady him out.

Heart Throb was cute and funny. The chemistry between the two characters is just felt by the reader. The story is fun and engaging, it had me biting my lip, and just dy
Treena
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book and book 1 Royal Player are my favorites from the series. This one is a commoner-plain-Jane-Hollywood -heartthrob romance. It's a fun, flirty, safe read, especially if you like this trope.
Love & Lavender Book Review
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Be still my heart! I loved every drippingly-sweet page of this romantic comedy. I mean it's got everything on my wish list: a charming English countryside, a dapper, devastatingly handsome, swoon-worthy lead male, and a super smart, witty, and charismatic lead chick. Add it all together and you've got a winning rom-com by a favorite one-click author!

Jax and Penny are completely heart warming as they forge a somewhat fake romance to save Jax's wayward movie star reputation. But somewhere along th
Lisa Matthewman
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for Cherry0Blossoms Promotions

This is book three in the Allstars series. As I haven’t read the previous books I was worried I wouldn’t connect to the characters, but I had no need to worry. This book works perfectly well as a stand alone, although I now want to read the rest!

Penny is a finance wiz, who suddenly loses her job in New York. A chance encounter with a childhood friend sends her life into a whirlwind.
Jax is now a film star, but his crazy lifestyle could be stopping him gettin
Sara
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

This is a sweet friends-to-lovers/relationship of convenience romance that will steal your heart!

Jax and Penny were friends for one summer fifteen years ago. During that summer, they made a pact to marry if they were still single in their twenties. Fifteen years later, they have an accidental run in. Sparks fly, but they go their separate ways. Until Jax needs straight-laced Penny to rehab his less than shiny image.

These relationship of convenience romances can go either way for me. Usua
Casey
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, adult, romance
I needed something light to read during Christmas at the height of hosting duties and this fit the bill. The writing is easy and well-paced (despite some odd and very glaring copy edit issues) and the story is fun. Rule-follower Penny's life is not going as planned so when an old-friend-turned-hot-actor Jax offers her the opportunity to travel as his fake girlfriend she decides to take him up on it, rules be damned. I enjoyed that they had a backstory which made the ridiculousness of this tried- ...more
Dawn West
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Actual Rating: 4.5

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book.**

Who doesn't love a fake relationship romance?

Penny's life isn't glamorous. She works in financing and her ex-boyfriend dumped her because he thinks she's a bore. Running into an old friend who has become a famous actor is probably the most exciting thing to happen to her in a long time. Being asked to play the part of his pretend girlfriend for a while is an even bigger surprise.

Jax has a reputation for being a playbo
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Yeah I know Hollywood Romances are the stuff that fairytales are made of. That might sound harsh but to be very honest its also honest because we all need our fairytale once in a while right ? …. Did anyone see “Notting Hill” the movie with Julia Roberts ? Did you like it ? well then you are going to love Heartthrob by Katie McCoy. Because I sure did.

In the moment that “Darcy” connection was made I saw the pictures of that movie in front of me #swoon.

And lets face it - the Picture of that Britis
Samantha Ortegon
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How can I write a review while coming down a reading high? I will start babbling like a fool and maybe say too much. I really hope to get my point across as too how much I enjoyed reading Heartthrob, I have to say that waiting for a new release by Katie McCoy is worth the wait. I find her to be fantastic when it comes to celebrity romances, I love how she describes behind the scenes or the difficulties of being followed by the paparazzi. It's her hero and heroine in every story that I end up fal ...more
Charli (charlithebookprincess)
I always enjoy Katie McCoy's books because they are so lighthearted and sweet. They are perfect for a relaxing escape that you don't have to think to much about. They are also insanely funny, romantic, and swoon worthy! Heartthrob was so different!

The Story. Penny was recently dumped for being too serious and funny so when her childhood friend turned movie star comes knocking on her door asking for a favor, she decides to go with it. This story was a whirlwind of once in a lifetime trips, the ul
Rebecca
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
‘What woman in the world could resist Mr. Darcy?’

The answer seems to be no one, especially when Jax Hawthorne, British native and Hollywood movie star, sets to star as the swoon-worthy, honest, and self-assured character in the newest remake of Pride and Prejudice, and regardless of his playboy ways and the fact that Penny Pollack hasn’t seen Jax for 15 years, Penny is quick to fall under Jax’s spell, agreeing to be in a fake ‘relationship’ with him in order to help snag a role that would make h
Books Laid Bare
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
There is something about a story that involves a fake relationship that has me counting the chapters until one of the participants realises that the whole thing has taken a turn that they may not have anticipated but that in the scope of things even a blind man would have been able to predict. Never in the mother of all Sundays was their scheme going to work, they had too much going on to have kept it honestly fake! But I suppose that was the whole point of the book really, so bravo!
Jax and Penn
Gata Leitora / Cat reader
Shelves: romance, comedy
Join a seductive and ardent badboy playing Mr.Darcy with a timid executive in love with Jane Austen in an idyllic city of England and a fake relationship to enhance an image. All of this can only result in an ultra romantic love story.

Penny always preferred her comfort zone to venturing into the risk.Behaved and upright executive she sees her world turn upside down as she reencounters an old crush from the past Hollywood's current golden boy Jax.

Jax is willing to enter into a fake relationship t
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and Give Me Books***

Fake relationship books can be fun. The 2 people in the relationship are always convinced it is the best possible option, or at least they think it is going to work and that no one is going to get hurt, or fall in love, as they both know the relationship is fake.

It never works that way. And, really, that is the whole point.

Jax and Penny were friends as children, and then they grew apart. Seeing one another was an accident, or fate, depending on t
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Penny Pollack is looking for love in all the wrong places. So when life suddenly feels like it's crumbling around her, she does something every unlike her.

Running into Penny took Jax Hawthorne by surprise and now that he's found her again he not ready to let her go so quickly. And when a situation arises he knows Penny is the one person that can help him.

What was supposed to be two friends helping each other turns into something deeper. But what happens when Penny admits her feelings to Jax, thi
Wit & Wonder Books
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
** ARC provided by the author for an honest review **

Heartthrob by Katie McCoy is a Hollywood romance in every sense. From the sexy star to the quiet and rather ordinary friend turned fake girlfriend, this book has everything to make you swoon.

Penny lives a life where excitement comes in the form of rearranging her library. She is content but not satisfied. Then her childhood friend turned movie star Jax shows up with a proposal guaranteed to spice up her life: be his fake girlfriend and help hi
Jordan
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Penny Pollack and Jax Hawthorne, old childhood friends, see each other agin after years, and its a surprise to both of them. They can still feel that old bond they once shared. Penny has always been the sensible one, safe, she's not a risk taker. With Jax appearing back in her life, and offering her a proposition. Penny has to decided if she can let go and take a chance, a risk. Jax has offered her a trip to the English countryside, while he is on location for his newest movie. While pretending ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Her Defiant Heart (Damaged Hearts, #1)
  • Rising Star (Starstruck, #1)
  • Going Nowhere Fast
  • Love Songs for the Road
  • Twisted Emotions
  • Undone (Unknown #3)
  • Studly Period (The Ivy Years, #5.5)
  • Amnesty (Amnesia, #2)
  • Return of the Untamed Billionaire (Irresistible Russian Tycoons #4)
  • Untitled (Guardian Angels, #2)
  • Easy 2 (The Ferro Family)
  • Butterfly Dreams
  • Model Boyfriend
  • Before He Was A Secret (Starstruck #3)
  • Queens Ransom (Sofie Metropolis, #6)
  • Cocksure (Cochrans of Cocker County, #1)
  • The Sacred Knights (Secret Knights, #3)
  • Mr Casanova (Billionaire Bachelors Book 5)
Katie McCoy is a self proclaimed sushi addict, Cardinals baseball fanatic, and lover of all things theatrical. A St.Louis native transplanted to Brooklyn, she acts, sings, and shakes her booty when she isn't writing books about hot men and the girls who love them.

All-Stars (4 books)
  • Royal Player (All-Stars, #1)
  • Hot Bachelor (All-Stars, #2)
  • Sex God (All-Stars, #4)