Start by marking “Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)

Aru Shah and the Song of Death

(Pandava Quartet #2)

Aru is only just getting the hang of this whole Pandava thing when the Otherworld goes into full panic mode. The god of love's bow and arrow have gone missing, and the thief isn't playing Cupid. Instead, they're turning people into heartless fighting-machine zombies. If that weren't bad enough, somehow Aru gets framed as the thief. If she doesn't find the arrow by the next ...more
Published April 30th 2019 by Rick Riordan Presents

To ask other readers questions about Aru Shah and the Song of Death, please sign up.
Anisha_book_lover Unfortunately, you can't read books on Goodreads. It's a site for rating, reviewing, and talking about books.

Start your review of Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)
Tova
YOU SHALL NOT LEAVE THE SLEEPER OUT OF THE NEXT BOOK ROSHANI CHOKSHI! RTC

*chants* BHIMA. BHIMA. BHIMA.

Is it just me or does that creature look like the crab from Moana who is obsessed with shiny things (but like with Maui's hook thing)?? I love this cover though.
Taylor
"The song of death was like ice creeping across a windowpane, and a warning shout unleashed a second too late, and water closing over your head, and the silent chime of a moment that has been forgotten forever. It was impossible and painful and, ultimately, inevitable."

...

Oh, how I love this colorful, heartwarming middle-grade series.

Aru Shah and the Song of Death is the second book in the Pandava Quartet, and a wonderful sequel to Aru Shah and the End of Time. I can't say a lot about this secon
Alexandra Elend Wolf
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, middle-grade

"The song of death was like ice creeping across a windowpane, and a warning shout unleashed too late, and the silent chime of a moment that has been forgotten forever. It was impossible, painful, and ultimately, inevitable."

After reading Aru Shah and the End of Time last year and enjoying it deeply I was more than excited to get my hands into this one.

Interestingly enough, the story resumes a very short time after we left Aru the last time. I thought this was gonna spend some y
Ashley
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Star Rating : 5 STARS!

I’m doing my happy dance. I can’t. stop.

I loved this so much. Literally. So. Much.

RTC so much to say ! So much to love ! Plus I’m too busy singing and dancing with glee.

vvv THEBEST vvv [the instant the first WORD to this lyric was said, I think I died of happiness. After singing it through, of course. Three times. One of my favorite parts of Mulan😊]

We must be...
Swift as the coursing river,
With all the Force of a great typhoon ,
With all the Strength of a raging fire ;
Jude: The Epic Reader
I think I liked this one better than the first one but mostly because of the addition to the cast. I can't wait to see who gets added to the next book!
Sahitya
I’ve been so excited to read this sequel since I finished the first book a couple of weeks ago. It was such fun and I completely fell in love with the characters and I’ve been waiting to know what happens to them next, and this book was just as spectacular.

While the previous book gave us an introduction to this world of reincarnated Pandavas and prophecies and the Otherworld, we get to go deeper into it in this one. The plot is slightly different this time around, because the characters are more
rachel ☾
#1) Aru Shah and the End of Time ★★★★★

Trigger warnings for (view spoiler).

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
Cory Marie
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Roshani Chokshi can really do it all. The humor in this is so on point, and even though there was some pretty stressful action scenes, this wonderful book was so full of perfectly woven mythologies and endearing friendships. “Rick Riordan Presents” books are a gift to readers everywhere, and I can’t wait to get my hands on even more of these beautifully diverse stories!!
Obsidian
Not too much to say here except that this was fun ride with Aru. I think that Chokshi did a great job with the adventure story-line while still giving a fun flavor to old stories that Aru, Mimi and the newest additions have heard about. We also had a great set-up into the next book as well.

'Aru Shah and the Song of Death" has soul sisters Aru and Mimi trying to track down a thief who stole the god of Love's bow and arrow. Coming across someone that they believe stole it, Aru and Mimi come across
Caidyn (BW Reviews; he/him/his)
This review can also be found on my blog!

4.5/5

1. Aru Shah and the End of Time – 4/5

If I thought that the first book was good, I was blown away by this one!

It picks up, roughly, where the first book leaves off. There are slight spoilers for that ending, but not for the general plot of the first book.

After Mini and Aru go through their first adventure after finding out they’re reincarnations of the Pandava brothers (this time, Pandava sisters!) they discover the third one of their bunch. Brynne. A
Nicole
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Copy received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Aru Shah fights Otherworld monsters and saves the day again - this time, without the Spider-man pajamas. Now with double the friends!

I liked the second installment in the Pandava Quartet, but only after I embraced all the modern-day meme references and general wackiness that was most of the dialogue. Aru Shah and the Song of Death is a good sequel, but you have to get into the fact that this book is childish since it's aimed at childr
Lata
Total fun. Since book one already introduced the idea that Aru and Mini are essentially reincarnations/manifestations of two of the Pandava brothers, I was already comfortable with Roshani Chokshi's myth-based world. And since I had also read child's versions of the Mahabharata and the Ramayana at least 20 times each, many of the gods, demigods, rakshasas and other beings were familiar.
This time, we have two more kids along for a new quest. The story picks up shortly after book one, and it's ag
Mila
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a great sequel to an already great first book and I'm officially in love with this series. I loved all the characters, the story was full of adventures and I personally found the jokes to be very funny. So this book was all kinds of awesome and I can't wait to read the next one!
Fanna
May 5, 2020: This book is perfection and not just because it gives me a middle-grade fiction woven with Hindu myths & legends that I have grown up reading or listening but because it is written in a way that the young audience and a vast majority of adults too can easily see important themes like body shaming, bashing gender stereotypes, accepting pronouns that an individual chooses, and bullying from a right lens. Full review to come!

This book counts for Asian Readathon [featuring an Asian char
Jenny Baker
I love this series. It's so much fun! Great audiobook narration. It's a shame this series is so underrated. I highly recommend it!
Queen Cronut
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, 2019, netgalley
Wow, this book was so much fun to read- I liked it a lot more than the first book.

In the second installment of the Pandava Quartet, Aru Shah and the Song of Death, we get more character development, mythology that is beautifully portrayed and of course, humor.

While I liked Aru and Mini in the first book, they grew on me in this book as through their character arcs and I loved them even more. Also, I liked the introduction of new characters, Brynne (cooking fanatic/sarcasm expert/likes girls and
Oda Renate
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Did I stay up into 2 in the morning to read this? Yes, yes I did.
Was I tired as a pandava after a fight while reading(because of the full day I had had)? Yes, yes I was.
Do I regret doing it? Abselutely not.

This book is as perfect as the cover is.
Claire Jackson
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait for this book to come out! 😊 Roshani, I really hope you would have people pre-order it so we read it on April 15 (the day before the book comes out) I can't want OMGSH
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
I adored Aru Shah and the Song of Death.  I think I might have liked it even more than book one!

Someone stole a bow and arrows and created "the heartless".  They were all males and were basically zombies.  Uloopi blamed the Pandavas and gave them a mission to retrieve the stolen property in ten days or these lose their Otherworld memories and be banned from there.

Aru, Mini, and Brynne are joined by Aiden even though he's not a Pandava.  Brynne and Aiden are actually best friends, but this is the
baileyyy (firebreathingreader)
Ya’ll I loved this one too. Review to come but lemme just say these books have truly touched my heart in a way no book has before and I wish my younger self had had these when she was going through identity crisis after identity crisis over being biracial and not belonging to anything.

Review:

My review of the first book includes a lot of my continued thoughts about the books: fun, whimsical, and in general fantastic.

I was a little concerned at first because I couldn't connect/care about Aiden an
Brenda Waworga
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
After being disappointed with "The Gilded Wolves", "Aru Shah and The Song Of Death" restored my trust for Roshani Chokshi

What i love so much about this series is The Hinduism Mythology story combine with adventure and humors! (about Pandava Brothers) its like learning and adventuring at the same time

Now talking about the Villains, i love how Roshani wrote them with tragic background stories, it makes me feel the story have mo depth

If you love Middle Grade Fantasy and also love to learn more abo
Mrinmayi
*3.5 stars
Hmmm.....l did enjoy this but not as much as the first book 😔
The MC Aru was hilarious as always and the side characters were awesome
The addition of the characters Brynne and Aiden was refreshing
The fact that Brynne was biracial and bisexual earned this book more points ;haven't seen this in most of the MG books

But the plot was not as engaging as in first book
The mystery was not executed well
Also Boo( The Talking PIGEON) my favorite character in this series was not present for most
Erin
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, middle-grade
Aru and Minnie are on a new adventure. Together with two new friends, they must battle demons as they travel through the serpent realm the god of love's stolen bow and arrow.

This was a fun sequel. I loved getting to learn more about the mythology and see Aru and Minnie grow. The new characters were a welcome addition to this novel. Aiden and Brynne are wonderful characters and I can't wait to see them more and see how they grow along with the other two main characters. They both offer something
michelle (magical reads)
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arcs, reviews

Roshani Chokshi has done it again with her new middle-grade book. The writing, as usual, was beautiful, and you can definitely see the amount of love and research she's poured into this series. I adored the new characters (Brynne saying she likes boys and girls! Brynne throwing out "they" as a pronoun choice! Aiden being the grandma friend!), as well as falling in love with Aru and Mini again. I can't wait for the next book in the series.

original review:

cuteee
Taylor Ramirez
Sep 29, 2018 marked it as series-i-won-t-finish  ·  review of another edition
9/29/18: "The god of love's bow and arrow have gone missing, and the thief isn't playing Cupid. Instead, they're turning people into heartless fighting-machine zombies. If that weren't bad enough, somehow Aru gets framed as the thief."

*sighs* So Aru Shah is the love thief.
Becky
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
The ending of this made me very sad.
(view spoiler)

I really enjoy Aru's voice.
The book is SO full of pop-culture references I can't help but wonder at how it will age. Already the references to Despacito are dated (hating that song was SOOO 2019).

My complaint about the first book was that it spelled out the life lessons in excruciating detail; there was no subtly and the growth did not feel natural. This book did a little bit be
Andrea
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
Aru & Minnie have finally gotten the hang of being Pandava's, well mostly. When random citizens are being kidnapped and turned into zombie like creatures, Aru & Minnie must prove their innocence by finding the god of love's bow & arrow. If they don't succeed they'll be kicked out of the Otherworld for good. This time they have a new Pandava, Brynne, and her friend, Aiden, to deal with who are hiding their own secrets and insecurities.

These books are such fun. I love middle grade for the sense o
Jordan (pagetravels)
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was just so much FUN. Full of adventure and jokes and characters you can't help but fall in love with. I can't recommend this series enough for ANY age.
Devann
actual rating: 3.5

I'm not sure why but I just wasn't as into this one as I was with the first one. I think it might have just been my mood because it was definitely still really funny and interesting and I did like the addition of Brynne and Aiden to the group as well. I also thought it was interesting how several things from this book were recognizable because I know similar versions of the story from different mythologies. I think it's interesting how different cultures often come up with the
Daphne
Just as much fun as the first one! I continue to really appreciate Aru as a main character. She's so funny to read about, but also feels so real. I really like how much she actually acts like her age, without the author falling into traps of making her do really silly things just because she's young.

I enjoyed how much this book expanded the world and how it introduced new characters. The way friendships developed over time was really well done, and I look forward to seeing how future books expan

• The Fire Keeper (The Storm Runner #2)
  • The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)
  • Dragon Pearl
  • Sal and Gabi Break the Universe (Sal and Gabi, #1)
  • Race to the Sun
  • Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky (Tristan Strong #1)
  • Game of Stars (Kiranmala and the Kingdom Beyond, #2)
  • The Tyrant’s Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)
  • Sal and Gabi Fix the Universe (Sal and Gabi, #2)
  • Men and Monsters (Nightfall, #2)
  • Kingdom of Ashes (Nightfall, #1)
  • The Serpent's Secret (Kiranmala and the Kingdom Beyond, #1)
  • The Chaos Curse (Kiranmala and the Kingdom Beyond #3)
  • Camp Jupiter Classified: A Probatio's Journal
  • 9 From the Nine Worlds
  • Brooklyn House Magician's Manual
  • A Sprinkle of Spirits (Love Sugar Magic, #2)
  • The Dragon Warrior (The Dragon Warrior, #1)
Roshani Chokshi is the author of commercial and critically acclaimed books for middle grade and young adult readers that draws on world mythology and folklore. Her work has been nominated for the Locus and Nebula awards, and has frequently appeared on Best of The Year lists from Barnes and Noble, Forbes, Buzzfeed and more. Her New York Times bestselling series includes The Star-Touched Queen duolo ...more

Pandava Quartet (4 books)
  • Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1)
  • Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes (Pandava Quartet, #3)
  • Aru Shah and the City of Gold (Pandava Quartet, #4)