Start by marking “Mister Cowboy” as Want to Read:
Mister Cowboy

Mister Cowboy

He's a dirty-talking CEO with the heart of a cowboy.

Brecken Blackstone is not a cowboy. The bristly CEO has finally made a name for himself, trading boots for expensive suits, and the country landscape for a high rise in the city. When he inherits the family ranch, he's eager to sell and be rid of it and the memories that haunt him.

January Lyle isn't interested in another
Published March 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Mister Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mister Cowboy

Start your review of Mister Cowboy
.Under the pages
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
OUT NOW! Check out my review up on the blog: Under the pages

Paula
Just NO. Hero having sex with another woman (his Assistant!) AFTER meeting & having feelings for heroine is a BIG NO for me - add lying to heroine, OW drama, fake pregnancy & all around douchness from both Hero & heroine and it's a FU to this piece of garbage. ...more
Melanie (mells_view)
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mister Cowboy is my second read from Rebecca Jenshak, and I have to say it was a good one. This contemporary romance has the perfect mixture of sweet, heat, and angst. The couple in this story have a connection between them from the very start, that can’t be denied! January is there to help Brecken, but it ends up being so much more than that.

If you’re looking for a contemporary romance read that is light-hearted, but still packs the right amount of heat and angst, then this is it!
Love2ReadRomance
If Not For Love is a great book! I loved how Brecken and January met. Rebecca Jenshak’s writing drew me in, and I fell in love with these characters. I can’t wait to read more from this author.
Frankie
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
It's could have been a very nice read if not for the following:
(view spoiler)
Andi Isack
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
* ARC in exchange for an honest review*

With Mister Cowboy aka Brecken Blackstone was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!!! How could not be with such a hottie on the cover? I swear my first thought when I saw this cover was how to find a way to "land on him". Lol! That model is Pure temptation! Is like he just silently make that question!
Okay so after I expressed my full appreciation for the cover let me spend some words for the story too.
It's my first read by Rebecca Jenshak. And I'm impressed. She created
Book Lover
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Brecken Blackstone owns a very successful software company. He has been focused on building his career and he has no close friends. Brecken had a falling out with his dad 18 years ago and never went back. His dad recently passed, leaving him the ranch he grew up on. His emotions are all tangled up and he is floundering on what to do with it. Now in his late thirties, he's wondering what's next for him.

January Lyle grew up in politics. Her dad is a Senator. She didn't like the plastic, superficia
Jamie
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 leopard print boxer briefs!!

Mister Cowboy is a remarkable story about choosing between love or responsibility. About making our own paths in life and finding our happiness. This emotionally charged story takes you by the heart all the way to the last page.

I fell for Brecken immediately with his tailored suit and big grin. And as we went deeper there were so many layers to him, so much more than meets the eye. With his past shadowing his future you feel deeply for him. He is sweet with the best
Sheri
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Each chapter of this book was titled with the person who was telling the story - IN THE THIRD PERSON. I don't think I've ever read a book where the chapters were named and then the story was told in the third person. It was very bizarre and not a great style.

Brecken Blackstone is the owner of a successful software company in Denver. His father has recently passed and left him the family ranch. Brecken wants nothing to do with the ranch but to sell it. He stopped talking to his father when he lef
Meeg
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I seriously could not put this book down!! It was so good. Today isn’t fun since I only got about 3 hours of sleep but it was so worth it. The characters are intriguing and lovable. The story sucks you in from page one. And the writing itself is excellent!
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ARC for an honest review
Brecken is my two favourite things rolled up into one yummy package, successful business man and cowboy. That’s a winning combination right there!
January is a professional organiser, that is hired by Brecken to sort his dads ranch after he’s passes away.
These two sizzle!
I loved Brecken for being determined to find his own way in life. Working his own way up.
A fabulous book with a rollercoaster of ups and downs, that’s sure to keep you glued to your kindle. ❤️

This is a
Becca
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brecken Blackstone is your typical billionaire. Well known, committed to nothing but his company but has the disposal of women as his beckon call when needed. So when he meets January Lyle, he knew she was different.

Brecken was just the type of guy that she tried to stay away from. She grew up with her father dragging her through business meeting and galas. But there was something that kept drawing her back to Brecken. The other problem though is that he is ber boss... and so she really should s
Rebecca Jenshak
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

Mister Cowboy is a heartfelt, emotional & sexy standalone romance. I hope you all love Brecken & January as much as I loved writing them!
Pat
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The great characters and storyline development kept me hooked from the first page to the very last page which made this book a very enjoyable read!
Bookworm Between the Sheets
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
----->"May all your ups and downs be between the sheets."

Sorry I just couldn't pass up this quote ;)
description

Rebecca Jenshak does it again with another book I fall in love with the characters!

Organizer Extraordinaire, January Lyle, finds the perfect job as she navigates her new career path with CEO Brecken Blackstone's job opportunity. Don't be misguided by the title its not a full on Cowboy Romance just in case you are not into that trope; you just need to read it to understand it!

I have found in Rebec
nikki
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t class myself as a blogger, I just post about the books I love on Instagram. So, as a general rule, I don’t sign up for review copies BUT when the opportunity came up to read and review Mister Cowboy, I jumped at the chance!! I had been seeing it pop up everywhere and it sounded like exactly the type of book I love. It was all that, and then some!!
I adored January and Brecken. Their chemistry was electric and I loved being witness to their blossoming relationship.
The story was brilliant
Char (1RadReader59)
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story opens up on January Lyle’s twenty-ninth birthday evening. When her plans with her best friend and roommate Michael went belly-up due to Michael having to work his brand-new bar. Because Blackstone Software company decided they wanted to through a last-minute party for its employees and were willing to pay a $500.00 bonus over the asking price for putting Michael out that night.

He hated to do this to her but he just couldn’t turn down this new business connection. This suit was someo
The Book Girl
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a surprisingly awesome book. Mister Cowboy is a remarkable story about love and responsibility. It truly is a story about making your own path in life and finding your self. The journey of finding happiness is displayed beautifully in this novel.

The main character Brecken is super wonderful. With his tailored suit and perfect grin. When I first started reading the novel I instantly like him, but as the book continued it really showed all the various layers that make him who he is. This
Ariadna Basulto
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
January is at bar waiting for her friend to end his shift when a sexy man in a sharp suit walks in. What begins as a chance meeting and flirting turns into a job. Breken Blackstone is a successful software company owner and has recently inherited a ranch and doesn’t want. So when he meets January, a professional organizer, he hires her to help him organize the ranch so he can sell it. Suddenly he finds himself faced with having to choose between responsibility and love.

I loved this couple so mu
Jessica Cox
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brecken Blackstone is a character that you will not forget, I really don't think he has gotten the mass following he should have. This read will put you through the wringer, you will love him and then but ready to claw his eyes out. He is a very successful creator of a software company, he's got it all together on the outside but on the inside he is still dealing with a family secret his Dad told him when he was 18. He has not been back home since he left but after his fathers passing he hires p ...more
White Hot Reads
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for Mister Cowboy!

Mister Cowboy is my first book by Rebecca Jenshak but I promise it won’t be my last!

I was nervous when I decided to read this book. The author was new to me, cowboys aren’t my typical go to trope and I wasn’t sure I was going to like it but I was intrigued. So I dove in with all the gusto I had.

And you guys - I loved it!
All. Of. It!

I understood both characters - in my gut! I connected with them, I aches for them, I wanted to help them but most of all - I loved th
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
Brecken is on a mission to make his company the best. He doesn’t have time for commitments or relationships.

January is between jobs and looking to stay out of social obligations. She has had enough of that for a lifetime.

Brecken was very closed off. He didn’t open up to anybody and rarely had feelings towards anything other than his company.

January was very passionate about her job and her friendships. She was very caring and willing to put her needs aside for others.

This story was somewhat
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of KU Book Reviews.

And my mini-review from Panda & Boodle.

“Well, hello, Mister Cowboy.”

Let me just say this: I found this book to be overwhelmingly addictive and consuming, especially as it neared its conclusion—I’m talking butterflies in my stomach, heat rushing to my face, general disbelief and frustration with these characters. All in the best way, of course.

Basically, Rebecca Jenshak gave me a CEO cowboy and an unexpected personal organizer, made me love them and then was
Chasing The Words  Book Blog
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mister Cowboy is sexy, sweet, endearing, funny and full of emotions. I was drawn into the story from page one and couldn’t put the book down. Brecken and January are just too sweet together. I love the way there relationship gre and developed. Even when times were tough between the two you could feel that each of them were struggling within themselves.

Love and Responsibility...
Responsibility and Love...

How does one chose? Can one even chose? Brecken is left with decisions that he has to make whe
Carma
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-kindle
Mister Cowboy by Rebecca Jenshak is a wonderful first read for me by this author. I am now faced with the task of looking up her other novels and reading more and more.

January Lyle is having a craptastic birthday. She is trying to go out with her best friend Michael to celebrate but he is working late at his bar taking care of a big work party that scheduled for the same night. Sitting and stewing she strikes up a conversation with a handsome stranger and promptly insults him not knowing his tru
Michelle
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of Rebecca’s that I have read and absolutely loved it. This is a a book that makes you question if you’ve made the right decisions in life and if the path that you chose was the right one. This is something Brecken has had to deal with in his past and future. But meeting January has helped him. She is amazing. I like books that bring out all different emotions. There was anger, sadness, laughter and sexual. Enjoy this book, I sure did. I highly recommend this book!
Marika
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I so loved this story..it's certainly not the usual CEO story..it's full of emotions, not only from Brecken and January's pasts, but in their relationship.
Brecken can be a caveman and he can be an alpha, but he also share his feelings and he can be open, even tho at times I wanted to give him a stern talk lol
January is lovely and so patient. She can fight her battles but she also knows when to retreat.
I loved these two even tho they made me cry and cry, but they also made me laugh and they are
Rmederios
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brecken Blackstone lived in the present. He loved his single, successful life. Work was all he needed. He had built his software company from the ground up. The only thing he needed to let go was his family's ranch.
January wanted to spend her birthday with her bestfriend Michael but was stuck at his bar while he catered to a highclass company party. She was in-between jobs as an organizer and just wanted to celebrate before looking her next client.
A casual flirtation, almost being hit by a car,
Cindy Hughes
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great 5 Star Read!

Mister Cowboy is a sweet, sexy, fun romance full of emotions!
It hooked me from the first page and kept me glued to my kindle until the last page!
January is a Professional organizer that Bracken hires to sort out his fathers ranch after his passing.
Wow! These two have fantastic chemistry!
There are some emotional twists and turns that keep you wondering what’s going to happen!
This was the first book by Rebecca Jenshak I’ve read, but it won’t be the last!
I look forward to reading
Becky Burciaga
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable story with characters who are engaging and entertaining. The dialog is fast moving, drawing you in from the first chapter. The story itself moves quickly...I'd formed an emotional attachment to Brecken and January and almost felt as if I had an investment in their HEA...that's' just how believe this author creates her characters.

This ARC book was complimentary, provided by the Publisher and NetGalley. I am voluntarily providing my honest review.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Keeping Denver
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • Fearless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #4)
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • Most Desirable Player
  • Not Meant to Be Broken
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
  • Connell (Carolina Reapers #3)
  • To My Arrogant Boss (The Inappropriate Bachelors #2)
  • Interpreter (Commander in Briefs #4)
  • The Greek's Forgotten Wife (The Boarding School Series, #1)
  • The Duke's Blackmailed Bride (The Boarding School Series, #2)
  • Silk and Shadows (The Virgin Diaries #3)
  • Ruthless King  (Kings of Rittenhouse, #3)
  • The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)
  • Thoroughly Whipped
  • The Change Up
Rebecca Jenshak is a new adult romance author. A Midwest native transplanted to the desert, she likes being outdoors (drinking on patios) and singing (in the shower) when she isn't writing books about hot guys and the girls who love them.
Sign up for her newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/rebecca...

Amazon: https://goo.gl/6VtdGu