Start by marking “Mister Cowboy” as Want to Read:

Mister Cowboy

He's a dirty-talking CEO with the heart of a cowboy.

Brecken Blackstone is not a cowboy. The bristly CEO has finally made a name for himself, trading boots for expensive suits, and the country landscape for a high rise in the city. When he inherits the family ranch, he's eager to sell and be rid of it and the memories that haunt him.

January Lyle isn't interested in another
Published March 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Mister Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mister Cowboy

.Under the pages
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
OUT NOW! Check out my review up on the blog: Under the pages

Melanie (mells_view)
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mister Cowboy is my second read from Rebecca Jenshak, and I have to say it was a good one. This contemporary romance has the perfect mixture of sweet, heat, and angst. The couple in this story have a connection between them from the very start, that can’t be denied! January is there to help Brecken, but it ends up being so much more than that.

If you’re looking for a contemporary romance read that is light-hearted, but still packs the right amount of heat and angst, then this is it!
Paula
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
This would have easily been one of my favorite reads if not for a certain scene early on in which Hero has sex with another woman (his Assistant!) in order to forget h!

Come on already! Why do authors keep inserting this crap writing? Why was it necessary to have him have sex with OW right after meeting h and feeling a strong attraction to her?

For many, this won't be an issue, but for die-hard romantics like me who loath cheating of any kind, this may be a trigger so be warned.....
Andi Isack
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
* ARC in exchange for an honest review*

With Mister Cowboy aka Brecken Blackstone was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!!! How could not be with such a hottie on the cover? I swear my first thought when I saw this cover was how to find a way to "land on him". Lol! That model is Pure temptation! Is like he just silently make that question!
Okay so after I expressed my full appreciation for the cover let me spend some words for the story too.
It's my first read by Rebecca Jenshak. And I'm impressed. She created
Fran
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
It's could have been a very nice read if not for the following:
(view spoiler)
Jamie
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 leopard print boxer briefs!!

Mister Cowboy is a remarkable story about choosing between love or responsibility. About making our own paths in life and finding our happiness. This emotionally charged story takes you by the heart all the way to the last page.

I fell for Brecken immediately with his tailored suit and big grin. And as we went deeper there were so many layers to him, so much more than meets the eye. With his past shadowing his future you feel deeply for him. He is sweet with the best
Book Lover
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Brecken Blackstone owns a very successful software company. He has been focused on building his career and he has no close friends. Brecken had a falling out with his dad 18 years ago and never went back. His dad recently passed, leaving him the ranch he grew up on. His emotions are all tangled up and he is floundering on what to do with it. Now in his late thirties, he's wondering what's next for him.

January Lyle grew up in politics. Her dad is a Senator. She didn't like the plastic, superficia
Sheri
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Each chapter of this book was titled with the person who was telling the story - IN THE THIRD PERSON. I don't think I've ever read a book where the chapters were named and then the story was told in the third person. It was very bizarre and not a great style.

Brecken Blackstone is the owner of a successful software company in Denver. His father has recently passed and left him the family ranch. Brecken wants nothing to do with the ranch but to sell it. He stopped talking to his father when he lef
Meeg
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I seriously could not put this book down!! It was so good. Today isn’t fun since I only got about 3 hours of sleep but it was so worth it. The characters are intriguing and lovable. The story sucks you in from page one. And the writing itself is excellent!
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ARC for an honest review
Brecken is my two favourite things rolled up into one yummy package, successful business man and cowboy. That’s a winning combination right there!
January is a professional organiser, that is hired by Brecken to sort his dads ranch after he’s passes away.
These two sizzle!
I loved Brecken for being determined to find his own way in life. Working his own way up.
A fabulous book with a rollercoaster of ups and downs, that’s sure to keep you glued to your kindle. ❤

This is a n
Becca
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brecken Blackstone is your typical billionaire. Well known, committed to nothing but his company but has the disposal of women as his beckon call when needed. So when he meets January Lyle, he knew she was different.

Brecken was just the type of guy that she tried to stay away from. She grew up with her father dragging her through business meeting and galas. But there was something that kept drawing her back to Brecken. The other problem though is that he is ber boss... and so she really should s
Rebecca Jenshak
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

Mister Cowboy is a heartfelt, emotional & sexy standalone romance. I hope you all love Brecken & January as much as I loved writing them!
Pat
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The great characters and storyline development kept me hooked from the first page to the very last page which made this book a very enjoyable read!
Bookworm Between the Sheets
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
----->"May all your ups and downs be between the sheets."

Sorry I just couldn't pass up this quote ;)
description

Rebecca Jenshak does it again with another book I fall in love with the characters!

Organizer Extraordinaire, January Lyle, finds the perfect job as she navigates her new career path with CEO Brecken Blackstone's job opportunity. Don't be misguided by the title its not a full on Cowboy Romance just in case you are not into that trope; you just need to read it to understand it!

I have found in Re
Char (1RadReader59)
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story opens up on January Lyle’s twenty-ninth birthday evening. When her plans with her best friend and roommate Michael went belly-up due to Michael having to work his brand-new bar. Because Blackstone Software company decided they wanted to through a last-minute party for its employees and were willing to pay a $500.00 bonus over the asking price for putting Michael out that night.

He hated to do this to her but he just couldn’t turn down this new business connection. This suit was someo
The Book Girl (Andrea)
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a surprisingly awesome book. Mister Cowboy is a remarkable story about love and responsibility. It truly is a story about making your own path in life and finding your self. The journey of finding happiness is displayed beautifully in this novel.

The main character Brecken is super wonderful. With his tailored suit and perfect grin. When I first started reading the novel I instantly like him, but as the book continued it really showed all the various layers that make him who he is. This
Ariadna Basulto
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
January is at bar waiting for her friend to end his shift when a sexy man in a sharp suit walks in. What begins as a chance meeting and flirting turns into a job. Breken Blackstone is a successful software company owner and has recently inherited a ranch and doesn’t want. So when he meets January, a professional organizer, he hires her to help him organize the ranch so he can sell it. Suddenly he finds himself faced with having to choose between responsibility and love.

I loved this couple so mu
White Hot Reads
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for Mister Cowboy!

Mister Cowboy is my first book by Rebecca Jenshak but I promise it won’t be my last!

I was nervous when I decided to read this book. The author was new to me, cowboys aren’t my typical go to trope and I wasn’t sure I was going to like it but I was intrigued. So I dove in with all the gusto I had.

And you guys - I loved it!
All. Of. It!

I understood both characters - in my gut! I connected with them, I aches for them, I wanted to help them but most of all - I loved th
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of KU Book Reviews.

And my mini-review from Panda & Boodle.

“Well, hello, Mister Cowboy.”

Let me just say this: I found this book to be overwhelmingly addictive and consuming, especially as it neared its conclusion—I’m talking butterflies in my stomach, heat rushing to my face, general disbelief and frustration with these characters. All in the best way, of course.

Basically, Rebecca Jenshak gave me a CEO cowboy and an unexpected personal organizer, made me love them and then
Chasing The Words  Book Blog
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mister Cowboy is sexy, sweet, endearing, funny and full of emotions. I was drawn into the story from page one and couldn’t put the book down. Brecken and January are just too sweet together. I love the way there relationship gre and developed. Even when times were tough between the two you could feel that each of them were struggling within themselves.

Love and Responsibility...
Responsibility and Love...

How does one chose? Can one even chose? Brecken is left with decisions that he has to make whe
Carma
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-kindle
Mister Cowboy by Rebecca Jenshak is a wonderful first read for me by this author. I am now faced with the task of looking up her other novels and reading more and more.

January Lyle is having a craptastic birthday. She is trying to go out with her best friend Michael to celebrate but he is working late at his bar taking care of a big work party that scheduled for the same night. Sitting and stewing she strikes up a conversation with a handsome stranger and promptly insults him not knowing his tru
Marika
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I so loved this story..it's certainly not the usual CEO story..it's full of emotions, not only from Brecken and January's pasts, but in their relationship.
Brecken can be a caveman and he can be an alpha, but he also share his feelings and he can be open, even tho at times I wanted to give him a stern talk lol
January is lovely and so patient. She can fight her battles but she also knows when to retreat.
I loved these two even tho they made me cry and cry, but they also made me laugh and they are
Michelle
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of Rebecca’s that I have read and absolutely loved it. This is a a book that makes you question if you’ve made the right decisions in life and if the path that you chose was the right one. This is something Brecken has had to deal with in his past and future. But meeting January has helped him. She is amazing. I like books that bring out all different emotions. There was anger, sadness, laughter and sexual. Enjoy this book, I sure did. I highly recommend this book!
Michele
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mister Cowboy
January Lyle is a professional organizer and helps her friend Michael out at his bar. As January is waiting for Michael to finish work so they can go out and celebrate her birthday in walks a sexy man in a suit. The two flirt for a little bit before she learns he is Brecken Blackstone who is CEO of his own successful software company and recently inherited the ranch where he grew up.
The chance meeting has January almost run over and then getting job organizing Brecken’s ranch so he
Cindy Hughes
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great 5 Star Read!

Mister Cowboy is a sweet, sexy, fun romance full of emotions!
It hooked me from the first page and kept me glued to my kindle until the last page!
January is a Professional organizer that Bracken hires to sort out his fathers ranch after his passing.
Wow! These two have fantastic chemistry!
There are some emotional twists and turns that keep you wondering what’s going to happen!
This was the first book by Rebecca Jenshak I’ve read, but it won’t be the last!
I look forward to reading
Rmederios
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brecken Blackstone lived in the present. He loved his single, successful life. Work was all he needed. He had built his software company from the ground up. The only thing he needed to let go was his family's ranch.
January wanted to spend her birthday with her bestfriend Michael but was stuck at his bar while he catered to a highclass company party. She was in-between jobs as an organizer and just wanted to celebrate before looking her next client.
A casual flirtation, almost being hit by a car,
Becky Burciaga
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable story with characters who are engaging and entertaining. The dialog is fast moving, drawing you in from the first chapter. The story itself moves quickly...I'd formed an emotional attachment to Brecken and January and almost felt as if I had an investment in their HEA...that's' just how believe this author creates her characters.

This ARC book was complimentary, provided by the Publisher and NetGalley. I am voluntarily providing my honest review.
Heather 123
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute but predictable story. Typical CEO who can't break his ties with his country past. He hires January to help him organize his childhood home to get ready to sell it. Of course she manages to get him to see the ranch through a fresh set of eyes. For a CEO, I will say he seems to have a TON of free time on his hands spending days at the ranch and leaving the office whenever he wants.
Karen Roma
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Star Review......

Mister Cowboy is my first read by Rebecca Jenshak, but it certainly won’t be my last! A fabulous story that details the unexpected dilemma of choosing between a wealth of responsibility and the ache in your heart; this emotionally charged story is sure to have readers glued to their seats.

Brecken is adorable from the moment you meet him, with his suave sophistication, gorgeous smile, and sweet sense of humour; he is everything a woman could possibly want. And let’s not for
Elaine Swinney
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Received an ARC copy of this book and I voluntarily chose to review it. This is the first book by Rebecca Jenshak I have read but it will not be the last one. This book was well written. There's a lot of twists in the story. There is a happy ending. I encourage everyone to get this book it is worth it. this one is worth your time and effort.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rebecca Jenshak is a self-proclaimed margarita addict, college basketball fanatic, and Hallmark channel devotee. A Midwest native transplanted to the desert, she likes being outdoors (drinking on patios) and singing (in the shower) when she isn't writing books about hot guys and the girls who love them.
Sign up for her newsletter for FREE STUFF: https://www.subscribepage.com/rebecca...

Amazon: http