Start by marking “Orange: Future (Orange, #6)” as Want to Read:
Orange: Future (Orange, #6)

Orange: Future

(Orange #6)

In this long-awaited sequel to the critical and commercial hit, orange: future contains two stories that continue from where the series ended.
Published January 23rd 2018 by Seven Seas (first published May 31st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Orange, please sign up.
Thomas Carey I hope it will be in a few months, but ichigo has not said anything
FIRST ONE TO LIKE THIS COMMENT WINS!!!!!…more
I hope it will be in a few months, but ichigo has not said anything
FIRST ONE TO LIKE THIS COMMENT WINS!!!!!(less)

Start your review of Orange: Future (Orange, #6)
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
i kind of went into this already unsure if i truly wanted an extension on the orange series. i love the orange series and though i left it with a few questions, i didn't know that i needed those questions answered. i do think going into this book with that mindset affected how i felt about it. that being, that i didn't end up liking this addition to the series. i just didn't really find it necessary and i also didn't like that it was more so focused on the romance than anything. ...more
Whitney Atkinson
This really wasn't a necessary addition to the series, and the jumping between timelines was so confusing that I don't understand what I just read lol ...more
Lauren
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A solid 4 stars.

Hmmmm...the storytelling in this volume wasn’t as smooth as the previous volumes and I had difficulty at times discerning whether we were in the past or present which was a shame as I didn't experience this in the first two collections I read. Having said that, the artwork was still super-cute and being reunited with the group was wonderful. (Honestly, I feel like I know them in real life!)

This volume focusses on Suwa's relationship with Naho and how they eventually come to be
Jedi JC Daquis
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Although Ichigo Takano's Orange: Future may still pack an emotional punch that remains consistently faithful to the original series, this sixth volume falls short in terms of smooth storytelling, relying on the readers' emotional investment in order to progress a plot that has spread so thin in the book. Orange: Future fits the book category "totally unnecessary but I will read it anyway".

Future is marketed as Suwa's story, a point of view that I am really interested in experiencimg. Takano real
merina rey
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was for sure I was going to give this 5 stars like I’ve given all the prior volumes, but following the time lines was extremely confusing and honestly the conclusion in volume 5 was enough for me. This felt forced to an extent and in return turned a 5 Star series into a 4.5 Star series.
However, I will forever love Orange and all the characters💜 I just now for some reason love Suwa a little less and Kakeru a little more. 🙂
Maria

Quick thoughts:

- first of all, how did I not know this was a thing that existed until recently?!
- orange is probably my favourite manga of all time and I only found out about this now!
- I was so excited to see more of the story, but this time from Suwa's perspective!
- Suwa was probably my favourite character throughout the entire series, so this made my heart happy
- multiple timelines: kind of hurt my brain, but like...in a good way?
- the end hinted at a possibility of more volumes?
- omg pleas
Kristin Ogarp
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SUWA SUWA SUWA!!!
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more manga and graphic novel reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

As this is a multi-volume series my opinion is also influenced by the previous volumes... And there may be references to the plot of those volumes... SO READ WITH CARE! Here is my review of The Complete Collection volume one... and The Complete Collection volume two...

"Experience the world of orange from a whole new perspective, as the fate of the present and future timelines unfolds from the point of view of the ever-c
Chihoe Ho
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
In the case of "let's relaunch a series that worked just because (money)," we get a sequel to Orange. I was torn about being excited over it as I firmly believed the story that needed to be told was told when the series concluded. Nevertheless, I was willing to give this sequel the benefit of the doubt seeing that it was from a different POV – the selfless, charming Suwa.

Strike 1: Suwa, who I have actually now lost some respect for because of how spineless this volume made him out to be. The thi
Taylor Ramirez
Is it necessary? Eh not really. Did it make me tear up? Yep. Is it enjoyable? Hell yeah!

4.5 stars but I’m rounding up due to the warmth in my heart.
Rod Brown
Aug 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Not entirely necessary, but here it is: an enjoyable enough extension of the love triangle at the heart of the previously completed series. There are time jumps and alternate timelines, but its just a sappy little romance at heart. It almost makes me want to re-read the earlier volumes though.
Iryna *Book and Sword*
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars

*If you feel confused by jumpy timelines - follow Suwa's necklace! If he's wearing it - it's a throwback. If he's not - it's a present time.*

It felt so good being back in Orange world. Being with these characters. Seeing them cry, seeing them smile. I love all of them with my whole heart. They are all precious little dandelions and they need to be protected at all costs.

This volume wasn't as strong as the previous ones for one reason - the whole gang wasn't in it enough. I missed th
Alexa
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
I just have a lot of feelings right now. Really enjoyed revisiting this world and story and characters.
lexi ✨
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
2-2.5

suwa is my absolute favourite character in this series, but i was kinda disappointed because it felt like this volume made him an empty shell that was just filled with kakeru’s date ideas for naho & it just didn’t make sense because suwa’s character was so strong & it felt like he was just torn down here. suwa has his own personality, he could’ve had a million of his own date ideas. he really is a good guy & deserves all the happiness i just wish this future volume was a happier journey fo
Eléo
I'M SO EMOTIONAL SUWA IS SO SWEET AND KIND, I LOVE HIM SO MUCH
He's my fav character so I'm glad he's the main character in this volume. Some pages where kinda confusing in a 'which timeline are we in' way but still !!
Kailey (Luminous Libro)
This volume was so sweet and tender! I loved revisiting this story from a new perspective and seeing how the rest of the time line plays out. The characters are just so adorable, and there are a lot of emotional scenes. Love it!
Tabea Vanessa
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I completely forgot how much fun Mangas are!!!! I loved this series so much.
Queen Ophilia III
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I acually read this a couple years ago :) Cute and moving at the same time. I really liked this and the artstyle.
Crazy Book Eater
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: what-i-have
I really like this volume and Suwa’s story ❤️
chvang
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, time-travel, grief
The good: The book really captures the absence and grief that a suicide leaves behind.

The bad: Not really bad, but just a minor complaint about the non-linear nature of the story and the failure of the art and character design to differentiate between the separate time periods. The story jumps around multiple time periods
in addition to taking place in two timelines/multiverses (I think?) all while following the same characters and the lack of visible aging or any distinguishing changes (like,
Izzy
I'm so confused.

With how volume 5 ended, this didn't make much sense to me. I had a hard time differentiating between the past and present - I didn't have that problem in the other volumes.

I really enjoyed seeing things from Suwa's perspective and hearing his thoughts and feelings melted my heart.
Unfortunately I was just too confused and did not enjoy this as much. I don't really understand this edition to the manga series.
Flor
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Amazing story of the other part of the story. I felt happy and sad while reading it but most of all it just made my love for Suwa go stronger, he’s not just a precious soul that needs protection but he’s also the equivalent of boyfriend goals.
MJ
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you like this series, this is vital reading
😭
Josie
May 07, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Unnecessary addition to the series and the time line confused me while reading, which is odd because I never had that issue while reading this series before.
Mae Tyler
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5/5
i just don’t think it was necessary lol but i enjoyed it nonetheless
Allison
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
karli
May 16, 2019 rated it liked it
3/5 stars!

Interesting to see this from a different perspective! But like Vol. 2, it was just missing something and wasn't as good as Vol. 1.
Jananie (thisstoryaintover)
more like a 3.5 stars
While I didn't feel as blown away by this volume because it was tacked on at the end and deals with the future of the people who sent the letters, I am glad that this story was included. I'm glad that we get to see these characters have to cope with the death of their friend and come to terms with their own failure/inability to help him when he was alive. It is a very sad reality but its a true one that many real life people have to deal with after the suicide of someone clo
Hillary
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Spoilers:
I thought this would be Suwa finding someone else to love since Kakeru & Naho were together (Universe B). I really wanted to read that story. Instead, this is how Suwa and Naho get together after Kakeru's suidice (Universe A). In an endnote the author says "Let's meet again in volume 7!" So maybe I'll get to see Universe B after all?
Ceci
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
Ah The feels. The feels hit me strong with this series. I'm not one to read sad/depressing books but my cousin recommended it to me so I decided to give it a try. I wasn't disappointed at all with these books. 4.5 for the series overall. ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine 3 206 Mar 18, 2018 09:18AM

• Perfect World, tome 9 (Perfect World, #9)
  • パーフェクトワールド 7 (Perfect World, #7)
  • パーフェクトワールド 2 (Perfect World, #2)
  • Perfect World, tome 8 (Perfect World, #8)
  • 聲の形 4 [Koe no Katachi 4] (A Silent Voice, #4)
  • 聲の形 5 [Koe no Katachi 5] (A Silent Voice, #5)
  • Orange Orange 2
  • Perfect World, tome 6 (Perfect World, #6)
  • 聲の形 3 [Koe no Katachi 3] (A Silent Voice, #3)
  • 聲の形 2 [Koe no Katachi 2] (A Silent Voice, #2)
  • パーフェクトワールド 1 (Perfect World, #1)
  • パーフェクトワールド 4 (Perfect World, #4)
  • Perfect World, tome 5 (Perfect World, #5)
  • 君の名は (漫画) p.2
  • 聲の形 7 [Koe no Katachi 7] (A Silent Voice, #7)
  • Blue Flag, Vol. 1
  • 聲の形 6 [Koe no Katachi 6] (A Silent Voice, #6)
  • your name., Vol. 3 (your name., #3)
Ichigo Takano is a Japanese comic strip author. She is mainly known for being the author of the manga Orange.
Associated names : 高野苺