Start by marking “Cinnamon Blade: Knife in Shining Armor” as Want to Read:
Cinnamon Blade: Knife in Shining Armor

Cinnamon Blade: Knife in Shining Armor

Every time Cinnamon Blade, crime fighter making up for a bad past, rescues the sweet and nerdy Soledad Castillo from bad guys, the two women's chemistry grows stronger. Now that she's finally asked Soledad out, sparks fly -- but is a normal date even possible in a city threatened by aliens and vampires on a regular basis?

High-heat f/f romance starring a bi Jewish superhero
Published May 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Cinnamon Blade, please sign up.
Shira Glassman It's not up for preorder yet, sorry! Thanks for your interest, though. I can reply again once the preorder link is live.

Joc
This is a really sweet, funny and, in spite of all the silliness, sexy story. Great diversity in the characters (human and paranormal). I loved that it didn't take itself too seriously and still gave me strong enough characters to get invested in.

[Thanks for the recommendation Corrie. It's left me smiling]
Corrie
Shira Glassman’s books are pure joy to read. I’m particularly fan of her f/f-bi works (she writes m/m, m/f and non-binary as well). Glassman’s stories are basically angst free, cute, imaginative, funny and very well written. Her small, novella sized works have an amazingly solid story line. You don’t feel cheated at the end.

Cinnamon Blade is a super hero with a criminal past who keeps running into (and rescuing) the lovely and dorky Soledad Castillo from the bad guys. And the more she and her d
Shan( Shans_Shelves) 💜
Ahhh this was such a brilliant little novella. I don’t think Cinnamon Blade is a character I’ll be forgetting anytime soon.

Also the romance between Cinnamon & Soledad was adorable and my f/f loving heart is just bursting with joy. It was so nice to read something both entertaining( poor Cinnamon just can’t get away from the vampires and aliens) and fluffy.

Overall I adored it. Another Shira Glassman Novella to add to my favorites.
Tara
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
At less than two dollars, Cinnamon Blade delivers an excellent dollars-for-fun ratio. It’s also a fabulous choice for someone looking for more diversity in their romance featuring women who love other women, since Blade is Jewish and bisexual, and Soledad is Costa Rican and not sure whether she’s a lesbian or bi. If you’re looking for a quick, sexy, super fun read to get away from the world, you can’t go wrong with this one. I highly recommend it and can’t wait to see what Shira Glassman has in ...more
Stephanie
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a really adorable (and steamy) f/f romance for adults starring an ex-con superheroine and the wonderfully nerdy woman she keeps on rescuing. Perfect for anyone who loves Tansy Rayner Roberts's superhero/heroine stories!
Skye Kilaen
This adorkable, sexy F/F superhero romance novella is a spin-off from Glassman's Knit One, Girl Two, in which two nerdy Jewish queer gals bonded over their mutual love of a (fictional) television show. Cinnamon Blade happens in the world of that show, so this is possibly the most geeky romance you could ever read. It's endearing as all get out, the adventure parts are great, and one of the secondary characters has a superpower so unique and interesting I got temporarily distracted from the story ...more
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
3.5 stars.

Cinnamon Blade is an entertaining and amusing romp. And if you're looking for diverse representation, look right here.

Bisexual Jewish superheroine Cinnamon Blade (and how much did I love that the author actually refers to her as Cinnamon Blade? A lot) fights bad guys. That's what superheroines do, after all. Of course, she also rescues good girls like sexy nerd Soledad. The two balance a budding relationship with Blade's duties of kicking butt, taking names, and saving the world.

Short
Chasia Lloyd
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick but highly enjoyable superhero f/f featuring a bi Jewish heroine! Blade and Soledad are precious together - very dorky, funny, and sexy. ❤ Highly recommend it for fans of Knit One, Girl Two.

***e-ARC provided by the author***
Taryn
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
4/5

This was such a short, sweet, fluffy and fun f/f superhero novella. There was so much chemistry between Cinammon Blade and Soledad and their sex scenes were definitely steamy. I was a little confused at the start because the writing was a little disjointed. I also feel that the worldbuilding could've been a little better. But overall this was super fun and I'll be happy to recommend!
Scarllet ✦ Underrated Lit Warrior
"High-heat f/f romance" is RIGHT okay. It would probably help to not read this in the subway like I did lol.

Overall, I loved the fluff between Cinnamon Blade and Soledad Castillo and the superhero bits so much. They certainly had great chemistry and great build up, but I do wish we could've seen some pining in the beginning. We got thrown in to all this history between these lovely girls but it was more told to us than shown.

More to come later..
Talia Hibbert
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A comic book come to life, except in a book... literally DREAMY and so so so cool. Have re-read twice since the first time. Short, sharp and SEXY.
Abi (The Knights Who Say Book)
This was so cute and good and made me all bubbly inside... ahhh!!

Okay, so. I know the blurb literally warns you it's "High-heat f/f romance" but my standards for "smut I'm willing to read" are so low that I did feel a little like a shocked and scandalized old lady going "oh my!" sometimes. But it was ok and people whose default isn't "avert your eyes and skip the sex" will not have my problems.

Also, funny? Literally hilarious? Original? Creative? Cute? Romantic? Cinnamon Blade is such a badass s
Diana
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quiltbag, romance
A steamy and seriously sweet superhero story starring former-cat-burglar-now-crimefighter Cinnamon Blade and her nerdy damsel Soledad Castillo. Those names will be recognizable for anyone who read Shira Glassman's previous f/f novella Knit One, Girl Two, and it was really a delight to get a glimpse into Blade and Soledad's world of aliens and vampires. Readers need not be familiar with KOGT to enjoy Blade's heroic hijinks, Soledad's penchant for crossword puzzles and trivia, and this brief but s ...more
Aleksandra
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases
okay
hear me out

Adventurous romance novella about ex-thief now-crime-fighter Jewish bisexual woman, who finally started dating nerdy Costa-Rican environment-protector office lady, sounds great, right? And it’s great!!!

I loved Cinnamon Blade: Knife in Shining Armor! It’s absolutely delightful, gripping and entertains story. The romance is amazing, the sex scenes are so well-written, they are great. The main characters Blade and Soledad have chemistry of the charts. I loved their interactions. The
Helen Kord
Okay I really, really underestimated the heat level for this one. I know I have a low tolerance for sex, but even I can read erotica if there's enough plot or character development. Alas 50% in and while the characters seem fun, either the were having sex or talking about having sex, I just couldn't connect with them at all. Which sucks because I love the premise. No rating because this is more on the 'it's not you, it's me' problem
Jennifer Linsky
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
I think I could have used a great big "EXPLICIT SEX CONTENT" sticker on the cover, 'cause nothing I've read by Ms Glassman in the past prepared me for this.
Sakura Tsukikage
This book was just really really cute. And I feel like in some ways saying that sounds like a bad thing, like it's dismissive, or that it implies that the book or piece or whatever in question is somehow reductive, but I don't mean it that way at all, and despite the lightness and fun of it, this book actually does feel adult, and in more ways than the steamy sex component! There's a feeling of realness and something down to earth about it that made it feel nicely concrete for me despite the qui ...more
mariaaaaaah
I was perusing for a nice, short f/f romance novella and I found it in Cinnamon Blade. Do I recommend it? Sure. It's a quick read to get into on the train commute home or when you're curled up in a blanket with a cup of tea.

Cinnamon Blade felt like the last slice of pie. Delicious as I devoured it, but the slice that I was fed didn't leave me feeling satisfied and full. Even though my 6-year old inner child is banging on the table, crying "please, ser, I want some more"... when I sit back and si
Eliana
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, florida
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Yet again, Shira Glassman has succeeded in creating a world I want to be a part of and characters I'd love to be best friends with.

Her characters are so diverse and realistic and you can tell that she took care in creating each one. I especially love being able to see myself reflected in the Jewish characters, and I absolutely loved all of Soledad's language facts. And there are so many amusing lines, I found myself laughing out loud several ti
Jim
This was a fun story - one you could read in a sitting if you wanted to.

It’s got everything! Superheroes! Vampires! Lycanthropes! Lesbians! Jews!

I mean - a well-written LGBT superhero story is a delight; but then my girlfriend is Jewish and I loved all the little references. Especially:

In describing the leader of her superhero team: His voice held that familiar tone of grim determination she knew so well. He took tikkun olam—healing the world—very seriously, especially since he had extra migh
Ana
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f, superheroes
Things I really liked:

- the Judaism, and especially the way it's worked into speculative aspects of the story! ugh the fact that the werewolf character had created a blessing for his transformation, and that Glassman gives it to you in Hebrew as well... it was so so beautifully nerdy and amazing
- open and direct communication around sex
- Cinnamon Blade's relationship to her teammates felt layered and rich even within the short space of a novella
- Soledad Castillo's wonderful nerdiness

I wasn't so
Rie
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
[Review also appears on Amazon.com]

Fast, funny, romantic and very sexy--all the fun of a superhero story, without the drama or ugly politics, and with the fun of two women--a linguist and an art-thief-turned-superheroine--falling in love. This one drops you right into the story--I would have loved a little more time to ease into the world, but the building of it is fantastic as always with Glassman's books. A summery treat, and one I will return to!
Naomi Tajedler
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story was short
This story was hot
This story was all kinds of amazing!
Shira Glassman knows how to write sex scenes that manage to be funny, cute and smoldering!! I loved the communication and the exchanges between the two lovebirds ^^
I also enjoyed the diverse cast of characters--I would love to read more about Captain Werewolf ;)
Rachel Hill
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Possibly Shira's best book yet

Beautifully sweet and heart-warming, there are dozens of things I loved about this book.

Superheroes! Werewolves! Puns about sexuality!

But most of all, two dorks falling in love and being dorks with each other.

I really loved this and I hope we get to see more of Cinnamon and Soledad, and their amazing cast of supporting characters.
Lara
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: readers who love campy superheroines with a twist
Quite a fun romp! Superheroine and sexy lady reporter, save the world (or at least the metropolis), and a great league of super-friends. I love superhero stories, and this one had the bonus of representing many LGBTQ and even Jews. It was a first for me. But this won't be the last Glassman I read; off to find more stories.
Bitterblue
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ff
It was lovely.

I especially liked that they talk about sex (before and after). It's interesting.
Katherine
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A bit short, but enjoyable all the same.
Kellum Jeffries
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is both darling and hot.
Marty Preslar
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super!

Gotta love a good superhero story, especially when the hero isn't using supernatural powers. Add in a smoking hot f/f romance and some good humor and you're golden!

• Tailor-Made
  • Masked Mosaic: Canadian Super Stories
  • Letters for Lucardo, Vol. 1
  • A Man Made Entirely of Bats
  • Superheroes
  • The Love Song of Sawyer Bell (Tour Dates, #1)
  • Hot Licks (Off Beat #3)
  • Treasure
  • Junior Hero Blues
  • Magic and Romance: A Collection of Lesbian Short Stories
  • The Omega Objection (San Andreas Shifters, #2)
  • Don't Feed the Trolls
  • The Cybernetic Tea Shop
  • Roller Girl (Lake Lovelace, #3)
  • Princeless, Vol. 5: Make Yourself
  • How to Reprimand Your Rock Star (DommeNation, #2)
  • Cloudy With a Chance of Destruction (Lois Lane)
  • Snowspelled (The Harwood Spellbook, #1)
Shira Glassman is a bisexual Jewish violinist passionately inspired by German and French opera and Agatha Christie novels.

She lives in north central Florida, where the alligators are mostly harmless because they're too lazy to be bothered.

A note on my reviewing style: I read lots of books, but writing reviews is work and I only really do them to endorse books that I enjoyed enough to signal boost.
“Love is intense. You break down all your walls to let someone in. But if they're not good for you, they can tear you up from the inside. And you think what you have together is love, so you let them.” 0 likes
“She wanted to hear more of Soledad geeking out, preferably while sticky and naked and trying to decide on pizza toppings.” 0 likes