Start by marking “Paris Dreaming” as Want to Read:
Paris Dreaming

Paris Dreaming

How the City of Light gave her lessons in life: an Australian beauty journalist shares her obsession with Paris - the city that has been her guide through a lifelong journey of self-discovery.

Katrina Lawrence first fell in love with Paris at the age of five, and since then her roads have continually led her back to this most beautiful of cities.

Taking us on a journey aroun
Published November 20th 2017 by HarperCollins - AU

To ask other readers questions about Paris Dreaming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paris Dreaming

Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
Paris Dreaming is a book you will easily fall in love with on first sight. When I first opened my parcel from the publisher which contained this book from Harper Collins Books Australia, I was taken aback by just how beautiful this book is on the outside. It features the silhouette of a fashion model, adorned in a stunning blush pink dress. The title of the novel and the outline of the Paris skyline are embossed in gold. I will admit to spending a lot of tim
Kali Napier
An unusual choice of book for somebody who rarely wears make-up, doesn't 'do' beauty, or has never been to Paris. But I have dreamed of it. All my life, it has been an integral part of who I am. Katrina Lawrence's memoir weaves her frequent visits to Paris since childhood with aspects of Parisian history, culture, politics, architecture, and the fascinating personalities who made it their spiritual home. It is the personal aspects that resonated with me. Katrina's maternal family is of French de ...more
Jessica Miller
Part memoir, part history book, parts feminist and political soundboards, it feels like this book couldn’t decide what to be and it has suffered for it.
Natalie  S
Some people dream of New York. Others find London calling. For Australian beauty editor and journalist Katrina Lawrence, Paris is all that, as she writes in a book that is part memoir, travelogue, beauty manifesto and history lesson. The result, Paris Dreaming, is a good idea in theory but it’s one that overreaches in terms of its content because some parts of this book are overlong and frivolous while others will certainly resonate with a certain readership of Francophiles and optimists.

To read
Catherine
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely gorgeous! The writer just brings Paris - and all its many charms - just so vividly alive - if you love Paris, you'll love this book. It's so much more than just a memoir though - it's just full of so many fascinating snippets of Parisian history, culture, fashion and beauty. Beautifully written, and a beautiful book - just lovely.
Jennifer Rolfe
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not my usual choice of author - a beauty editor, but I heard her interviewed and was impressed enough to order the book and am so glad I read it. Part memoir and part history of a place which I found absolutely worked. I thought the research and reading was really thorough and well presented.
Shona Smith
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is just a collection of self-aggrandising stories of the authors numerous trips to Paris. It’s not particularly insightful or enjoyable and the prose is clunky, as if someone has used the synonym finder to try & elevate the story out of its own mediocrity.
TRACIE ALMOND
At times interesting but overall overwrought. Many adjectives were tortured in the making of this book.
Jocelyn
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Read this for Book Club.Wasn't a real fan of this book.
Grace
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was, for the most part, mesmerising but did dwell largely in the historical. At times, the number of facts swirling across the page was a lot to take in, but still a wonderful read!
Jess Kiss
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book most alluring from it's pretty cover, but it was so much more than that.

Funny, highly educational (in a historical, societal and political aspect) and charming; this book was the perfect read for a girl at university - but I believe it would be a perfect read for any woman as the it discusses everything from coming of age to managing adulthood.

Brooke Saward