Start by marking “The Day She Cried” as Want to Read:
The Day She Cried

The Day She Cried

She was my first love.
She was my first hate.
The very sun in my world tried to burn me alive with her lies and cruelty.
Until I dimmed her light for good…
Or so I thought.

Now she’s back.
Cracked. Broken. Lost.
And for the first time in a long time, I feel free.
Free from our past. Free from my present that suffocates me. Free to destroy her future.

Her misery is my music.
Thrillin
286 pages
Published October 17th 2017 (first published October 14th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Day She Cried, please sign up.
Aubergine Queen
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Day She Cried
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️! The Day She Cried (stand-alone). A dark romance dealing with tragedy and the healing power of forgiveness and love!

The Day She Cried (stand-alone) opens up to Courtney Moss back in town after having made an irreversible mistake that shattered two families and shocked her small town. She is trying to make amends and get her life back in order.

Her former high school crush, turned nemesis Rome Murray is determined to make her life miserable. He feels nothing can ever redeem Courtney nor
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books

THE DAY SHE CRIED: Is a full length romance novel by K. Webster and is spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives.’

The author asked that we early reviewers be as vague as we can be when writing up our reviews so that ones after us can read this book as it's fully intended. So here goes..

Eighteen year old Raven and Rome Murray, are being raised by a drunken abusive father, She tries to be the peacemaker at home but it's hard when she's not close to her twin Rome, both are introverts, ostracised b
Jennifer Kyle
4.5 STARS

description

K. Webster deals with some very heavy issues in this novel. With the combination of a beautiful high school cheerleader, Courtney Moss, catfishing the quiet, artsy, Raven Murray and a bunch of twists and turns that leaves a very angry Rome Murray in Courtney’s path. It all added up for one solid read.

"Do you ever feel like fate pushes two people together on purpose? Like it knows one isn’t as strong as the other?”

description

I really liked so much about this story especially Rome’s attraction
Sana
4.5 stars.

After reading Pretty Stolen Dolls (which is one of my favorite books by this author) I became obsessed and decided to check out more of her works. Some I hated and some books I absolutely fricken loved aka This Book.

The blurb of this book is like,,,, not even an accurate blurb??? I literally went into expecting like some fucked up romance but I got so much more than that and was really surprised as to what it actually is about!!!

((I'm not sure if these are spoilers so beware and read
Jen
I devoured and loved this book!!! It’s on the dark side and there are some very heavy themes dealt with in the story; but I fell hard for Rome! His character was intense and when that intensity was turned to someone he cared for.... I couldn’t resist!

The sex scenes in here were extremely well done, and I had tingles in all the right places!!! It has been awhile since a book has caught my attention like this!! I’ve no complaints, and when the reveals stated to unravel, everything came together pe
Sophia Triad
☆☆☆Simply AMAZING☆☆☆

“What, sheep?” Rome asks in an almost innocent way.
Sheep?
“You hurt me,” I accuse, my words breathy and trembling.
His eyes narrow and his nostrils flare. “You. Hurt. Me. First.”

You know, there are some books that grab you by the throat from the start and they don't let you breath until you finish them.
“The Day She Cried” is this kind of a book. It is dark and disturbed.
I honestly had troubles reading a few chapters of the book.
And I have to say that Whitney has managed t
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing

description

descriptionGreat cover on this one. Good representation of the story. Excellent composition and title work as well.description

descriptionAww, this book was SO SO good. I mean come on, you knew I was going to say that, right? K can't write a book I don't love. At least she hasn't yet. With respect to the author's wishes, I am going to leave my review rather vague. I don't want to spoil anything or inadvertently give anything away. I will say that the subject matter of this book feels very pertinent to the times that we are cur
NMmomof4
4 Stars

**PLEASE NOTE: This was a hard one to rate without the use of spoiler tags. ALL of these spoiler tags are holding SIGNIFICANT SPOILERS and PLEASE don't click on them unless you are okay with certain things being SPOILED**

Overall Opinion: I read this super fast because it had me sucked in from the beginning! I was intrigued by all three characters, and I liked them all for different reasons. If you have a problem with hate-to-love-you type relationships, this probably isn't the books for
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog

Gah! The Day She Cried was the day I sobbed bucket of tears. I was totally blown away with this book. My heart sobbed together with my eyes, it was wrenched tightly I was pained all over. It was a sob fest journey but one I loved so much I can feel it even hours after I finished reading the book. Damn As always, K. Webster managed to move me beyond words. This is just my second book of hers, but with two different plots and unique delivery, I declare Kristi the master of words
Melanie (mells_view)
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
An enemies to lovers with a deeper meaning. From the start I wasn’t quite sure where it was going, and honestly my heart broke multiple times in this book. The main relationship in this story is INTENSE. Somewhat reluctant at first. If you aren’t into a hero who is a complete jerk (for good reason), then this may not be your jam. I however liked it, because I realize fiction is fiction and not an advice column.

All in all this was a good read. Sexy. Emotional. Devastating. Angsty.
Dani
I wish I had more stars. I wish I had the right words to give this book justice. I finished it days ago and I still feel broken. These characters will stay with me forever. Thank you to the phenomenal K. Webster for writing a story that not only touches the heart, but brings those who are victims of keyboard warriors to the forefront. This book is more than LIFE, it is the ultimate story of strength, passion, and life.

K. Webster takes real life pain, bleeds it onto the page and allows us to exp
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“She’s dead set on torturing me until the end of time. She’s my purgatory. A life sentence and beyond for the many, many ways I failed my sister. I’m destined to motherfucking burn in her presence.”
- Rome Murray

* * *
“I’m tired.
Empty.
Dead inside.
He’s messing with my mind. One moment he’s soft and warm and I have hope. The next moment, he’s hard and cold and cruel. His moods are worse than mine.
I can’t eat.
I can’t sleep.
All I can do is think.
My thoughts are my prison.”
- Courtney Moss

* * *
“I get lo
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 - 4 ★'s

This story is a little different and the main plot stems from an incident of cyber bullying that was shocking to say the least.

Courtney and Rome went to school together and were both interested in the other but ran in different crowds. Courtney gets to know Rome's twin sister, Raven, but then the incident occurs and both their lives are changed forever.

Courtney's trying to dig her way out but Rome doesn't make it easy at all. Saying this is an enemies to lovers story is putting it
Karla
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!
Nikki ღ Navareus

***FIVE STARS***
I'm a huge fan of K. Webster's incredible stories, and she didn't let me down with this baby either. I loved, loved, LOVED everything about this story, I just wish I had had time to actually be able to read it all in one sitting. This story had such a realistic vibe to it. Pulled me right back into the awful high school world that I detested every second of when I had to live there myself.

My heart broke for sweet Raven, the who was terribly lonely, but refused to let others see t
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Told in three parts, The Day She Cried is the story of how hate and ignorance changed the lives of Rome and Courtney forever. It's about how one girl suffered in silence and yet her presence, or lack of one, resonated with everyone. It was about seeing beyond the mask that covers and shields, discovering hidden truths. It was the tale of how one girl smiled every day, hiding her utter devastation and the holes in her heart.

While I tried to fall in love with this story, I found it to be a bit dis
Beneath The Covers Blog
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads, alison, arcs, sonal
5 beautiful, tragic, sad, emotional stars!!!

I am not a sheep. I am a wolf

I'm just going to get straight to the point. This story was raw, tragic, get-wrenching, beautiful, sad and so damn good! It deals with heavy things, love, loss, grief, hate, and the ugliness of how people can be. In true K. Webster form it was also hot as hell!

It makes you stop and think about things and life, or how you treat people. If I could tell you more I would, but I don't do spoilers and I truly believe people need
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: had-me-in-tears
This is probably one of the best reads I’ve read this year and I’ve read quite a few. I’ve spent my day totally engrossed in these characters and I don’t regret a second of it.

This is Courtney, Raven and Rome’s story. It’s beautifully told and an emotional read. I rarely cry while reading but this had me a blubbering mess. I felt the characters and the pain they were going through. There were parts where I felt the author was talking about me.

The storyline is so well told. It’s a story with so
Lindsay
Review to come just gotta stop crying so hard.
J. C.  Red
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
Wow! Just wow! I'm not even sure how to review this book because the shock factor alone made this a great book for me. So I'm going to try to do a spoiler free review.

First of all, I realize that K Webster has a thing for twins after reading 3 of her books. Anyway, Rome and Raven are twins who have a very difficult abusive home environment and they both carry emotional baggage that puts them on the outer social sphere at school. This sets up a series of tragic events that stem from bullying.

Thi
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
The Day She Cried by K. Webster

GENRE: Contemporary Romance
NARRATION: Dual POV
BOOK DETAILS: Standalone
AUDIO AVAILABLE? Whisper-sync voice ready

THE STORY:
Eighteen-year-old twins, Raven and Rome Murray, are outcasts, introverts raised by a drunken abusive father. After the death of their mother their lives have become a hidden hell.

Courtney Moss attends the same school as Raven and Rome, she is pretty, privileged and a popular cheerleader. Her best friend Whitney is a controlling and manip
Tianna✸loves books✸
Messed up sh*t.
This book reminded me of Fear Me . The same doormat h and revenge ridden psycho H. So if you liked that book then you may like this too.
But for me...??? NO

(view spoiler)
Ari
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
I liked the beginning and the end, but the middle made me want to pull my hair out. The characters were annoying, especially the guy since he was such an asshole. Like I get being in mourning, but it doesn't give you a right to be an asshole. I didn't care for the romance either. If these two weren't fighting, they were fucking and vice versa.

Honestly, I felt like this book could've been so much better and I'm high key disappointed I didn't enjoy this one as much as I would've liked.
KatS
Damjana
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it
2.75 stars!

K. Webster writes such diverse and colorful stories. You never know what to expect when you start reading one of her books.

After reading a bunch of similar books (usually romances with alike plot and HEA), all stories become one large fuzzy mass and than I know I must switch to something different, odd or even bizarre. K. Webster usually is the right address for it.

I think she writes her books so quickly, she even doesn't shape up storylines with much details. Not that this is always
Carvanz
Audio-book: Narrators – Erin Mallon and Noah Michael Levine

These narrators do an exceptional job with this book! Filled with lots of dark angst and turmoil, both narrators brought the characters to life as their voices filled with hate, passion, anger, and love. I enjoyed every syllable of this story as Ms. Mallon and Mr. Levine shine in their presentation of Courtney and Rome.

This read pulled me in and kept me with its dark tone and super angsty drama. There were layers upon layers to this sto
Dri ✰
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
4 stars!
Jillian
The Day She Cried is a fantastic story. Once I started, I couldn't put it down. I was dying to see what was going to happen next the whole time. There weren't any lulls either. It had great pacing and was solid all the way through.

I loved all the characters...well, with exception of the "mean girl" with the voodoo pussy. I wanted her to get hit by a bus and then get backed over and run over again. I guess that goes to show that she was very well written for her place in this book.

The main charac
Perfect 👌🏻

• Vlad (The V Games, #1)
  • Sunshine and the Stalker
  • Cognati
  • Pretty Stolen Dolls (Pretty Little Dolls, #1)
  • Pretty Lost Dolls (Pretty Little Dolls, #2)
  • Vas  (The V Games, #3)
  • Ven (The V Games, #2)
  • Untouchable
  • The Danger You Know (Shadow Duet, #1)
  • Share Me
  • Unconditional
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Empathy (Empathy, #1)
  • Greed  (The Elite Seven, #7)
  • Pretty Broken Dolls (Pretty Little Dolls #4)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Sick Remedies (Pretty Lies, Ugly Truths 2)
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
K Webster is a USA Today Bestselling author. Her titles have claimed many bestseller tags in numerous categories, are translated in multiple languages, and have been adapted into audiobooks. She lives in "Tornado Alley" with her husband, two children, and her baby dog named Blue. When she's not writing, she's reading, drinking copious amounts of coffee, and researching aliens.

You can easily find

News & Interviews

“Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around. Sofía—Vanilla Sky” 0 likes