Start by marking “Wedding Bells at the Dog & Duck” as Want to Read:
Wedding Bells at the Dog & Duck

Wedding Bells at the Dog & Duck

(Dog & Duck #3)

Ellie Browne is looking forward, with her partner Max, to hosting Christmas Day lunch at The Dog & Duck, but heavily pregnant now and with a snowstorm brewing outside, it seems that things might not go quite to plan.

After the dramatic events of the holiday season, Ellie settles into her new life at Max’s country mansion Braithwaite Manor, juggling work and family as be
Published March 1st 2018 by Aria

To ask other readers questions about Wedding Bells at the Dog & Duck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedding Bells at the Dog & Duck

Dash fan
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5☆ SO Glad to be back! A Charming Read!

WEDDING BELLS AT THE DOG & DUCK is the third book in the series but I highly recommend you reading at least the second book to catch up on all the gossip and news.

I was so glad to be back at the Dog and Duck and what better way to open up the story than Christmas day.
Ellie the landlady of the Dog and Duck is heavily pregnant and Max her partner is running about giving everyone a Christmas to remeber!

Wow what a day to remember.... A fight, a mystery s
Deanne Patterson
This is the third book in the Duck and Dog series. I absolutely LOVED it! It was so much fun to catch up with the characters from the past 2 books and see how they had gotten on in their loves. It was like sharing a cuppa and catching up with old friends. Full of laughs,friendship and family and oh yes a few rambunctious fun loving dogs. The wedding descriptions were divine. When Ellie Browne, landlady of The Dog & Duck helps her friend plan her wedding her thoughts turn to planning her own ...more
Suze Lavender
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ellie is heavily pregnant. She and Max are happy together and they are looking forward to fun and cosy holidays with friends and family in their beloved Dog & Duck. The baby is supposed to come in the new year, but while a snowstorm is raging outside Ellie's waters break. Ellie is delighted with her little one. She and Max have moved in together and while taking care of their baby they also each continue with their busy lives. Ellie is still the landlady of the Dog & Duck and together wi ...more
Nicola Clough
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book great to go back to this series and hear more about everyone in the wonderful village. The book is full of laughs, romance, fun, heartbreak and plenty to do with weddings and dogs. Brilliant characters and story plot a great read.
Ellie is the landlady of the dog and duck pub but it's Christmas and she's heavily pregnant and then on Christmas Day she has her little baby so she has to get use to living with max her boyfriend in the manor and juggling work as well she's then asked by
Neil
Mar 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

I just could not engage with the characters and the story was far too slow really struggling to hold my interest.
Gaele
3.5 stars, Rounded.

It’s Christmastime in Little Leyton, but there’s far more happening. Ellie and Max will soon be expecting their first child, there is a massive snowstorm (not unlike this past weekend) and since the Dog & Duck is the perfect gathering place, this is where Ellie has gathered her friends for Christmas dinner. But an unexpected stranded tourist, a baby that has decided he wants to meet Santa and Polly’s newly minted engagement – there is plenty to celebrate. Well, that is un
Feb 05, 2018 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: chick-lit, net-galley
This book was SUCH slow going. I gave it until 50%, at which point I was so bored of it that I just couldn't read any more. The plot offered nothing of excitement or particular enjoyment, the characters were all fairly dull, and nothing about it gripped me. I keep waiting for something exciting to happen, but at halfway through I feel I've read enough.
Donna Maguire

I was really looking forward to reading this one after reading some of the author's other books but I sadly didn't enjoy it as much as I expected. Don't get me wrong it was still a good story but I have only given it 3.5 stars rounded up to 4 stars for Goodreads and Amazon.

Unfortunately I found it a tad predictable in places and at times a little repetitive. I also thought that the book was set at too slow a pace (that could well be as I am used to more f
Linn Halton
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved taking another trip back to the Dog & Duck as Ellie and Max’s story continues. I felt like one of the villagers and it was a fun journey with lots of unexpected moments. Without giving away any spoilers I have to say it has a Christmas to beat all Christmases and we get to meet Flora for the first time. She puts in a brief, but heart-melting appearance and it will leave a HUGE smile on your face! I can’t wait for the next book in this series and a trip back to pick up with some ‘old ...more
Melanie Farmer
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Firstly I have to admit that I have not read Winter at the Dog and Duck or Summer at the Dog and Duck. If I am entirely honest I think this was a mistake.  Although there are explanations to the many references to previous events, I feel like I really should have read both of those books in the Dog and Duck series before I started on this one.  It's not a deal breaker, but I think it would have made my reading experience a little better.

However, all that said, do not be put off if you haven't re
Audrey
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: worthy-reads
This book gives me the heartwarming, cosy feeling throughout the whole story. Set around Christmastide, the vividly written description of the area around the Dog & Duck by the author had compelled me in. The whole plot focuses on family relations, romance and friendship around the village of Little Leyton as Ellie navigated her life and help organizing one of her best friend’s summer wedding.

As I followed Ellie’s life, I can see how much loved Ellie is. She is that compassionate, caring ch
Jane Hunt
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
'Wedding Bells at the Dog and Duck', is the third book in this series and the first one I've read. It reads perfectly well as a standalone novel but having finished it I enjoyed it so much I want to read the first two in the series to discover Ellie and Max's early love story.
Romance and humour fill the pages of this gentle love story, which depicts English village life centring around the country pub and its charismatic landlady Ellie Browne and her sexy, partner Max Golding. Romantically invol
Stephanie Dagg
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book makes for perfect reading at this meteorologically challenged time of year as it takes us from the cold, snowbound days of Christmas into joyous, warm springtime and then summer. Ellie Browne, landlady of the Dog and Duck, and her partner Max, owner of the country mansion Braithewaite Manor, are our central characters. There’s great excitement at the beginning of the book, when their baby Noel makes his precipitous entrance into the world, but the action keeps going as life is busy for ...more
Louise
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of Jill Steeples and was really excited to read Wedding Bells at the Dog and Duck.

It was lovely to revisit the lives of Ellie and Max who are expecting a baby just in time for Christmas. Ellie runs the Dog and Duck in the village of Little Leyton, she has moved into Max’s manor house and agrees to arrange a wedding for her friend Polly. With marriage on her mind, it gets Ellie wondering about her own future plans, has she left it too late to finally accept Max’s proposal?

There is
Mandy
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Funny and heart-warming continuation of Max and Ellie's story at the Dog and Duck.

With the imminent arrival of their first child Max wants to get married but for reasons of her own, Ellie does not.  When assigned the role of wedding planner for her best friend, Ellie finds herself surround by all things romance and soon feels the bug, however Max seems to have gone right off the idea.

Ellie and Max are such a wonderful couple.  They are not massively into personal displays of affection and even m
Sally Coles
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ellie now heavily pregnant is happily running the Dog and Duck and looking forward to a quiet Christmas with Max..... but obviously fate has other plans for her when the baby decides to come in the middle of a snow storm! Life is suddenly very busy running the pub, looking after a new born baby and moving in with Max in his mansion and to top it all her best friend Polly is getting married and wants Ellie to host it at the pub...... but will that be the only wedding there or will Ellie and Max e ...more
Janette
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have read the previous books in this series and was looking forward to continuing Max and Ellie's story at the Dog & Duck. I wasn't disappointed and read this in a day - I couldn't put it down. So easy to read, the story flowed beautifully.

A feel-good story, heartwarming with lovely characters including adorable dogs. This book has it all - romance, family, relationships, secrets and a wedding. Lovely location, I look forward to returning to the Dog & Duck for the next instalment.

Tha
Kathleen Gray
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The village of Little Leyton and the Dog and Duck is just what you need to cheer up on a rainy day. Ellie and Max- what a terrific couple- and now they've got a baby but not a wedding. I'll grant you having the baby in the barn on Christmas is a bit much but go with it. Ellie's living with Max at Braithwaithe Manor and she's using the D&D for weddings but .... There's humor, there's fun characters (love Ellie's parents), and there's a happy thread throughout. Steeples is a good storyteller a ...more
Carol Beasley
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
This wasn't exactly what I was expecting but it was still an okay read. It was a little predictable and slow in places but the characters were well rounded, however it may be best to read the previous books as a lot of the set up was done there.

Overall a nice read but nothing very special.

I was granted an advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Annarella
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Such a lovely and delightful book. It's full humour and it's heartwarming.
Once I started I couldn't put it down.
Even if I didn't read the previous instalments there was no problem in understanding what was going on.
Strongly recommended.
Many thanks to Netgalley and Aria
Meg Dean
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series!!!
Mrs J L Dobson
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
A bit predictable and boring

I bought pre-ordered this book because I’d enjoyed the other books in the same series, but found it quite dull.
Barbara J Ireton
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really good read

This book had great characters, a believable story line and a happy ending. A great read, can't wait to read the next in the series.
Lester3944
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A feel-good series

I felt like I really knew the characters after reading
the first three books in this series. A tad predictable but well written and quite believable
Katherine Hayward Pérez
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-blog-tours
Ellie is the landlady at the Dog and Duck pub. She's also heavily pregnant. She and Max move into Braithwaite Manor, Max's home. They want to move things forward for themselves in terms of love, but will it be engagement or marriage for them? When baby Noel arrives early during a Christmas snowstorm, Ellie at last feels she has achieved an important goal in life. She and Max are besotted with their beautiful son and she finds support in her friend Sasha who is mother to a little girl. The neighb ...more
Sharon
Thank you to Netgalley, the author and the Publisher, Aria, for this review copy given in exchange for an honest review.  Also thank you to Melanie from Aria for organising the blog tour and giving me the opportunity to be part of it.

This is the third book in the Dog & Duck series.  It can be read as a standalone novel as the back story from the other books is covered well.  For information, it is set in the fictional village of Little Leyton in Buckinghamshire, UK.

In this book we meet Ellie
K is for Cathy
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Delightful continuation of story of Ellie, the friends and families in the village of Little Leyton, who gather around the pub ‘Dog & Duck’. Can be read as a stand alone but better if read in order. (Read Winter at the Dog & Duck, Christmas at the Dog & Duck is a earlier issue, similar storyline but different main character) Very enjoyable & cute. Can’t wait to start next book.
Susan Huckstep
Apr 29, 2018
Chaz Thompson
Sep 16, 2018
Kels
Apr 23, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Jill Steeples lives in a small market town in Bedfordshire with her husband and two children. When she’s not writing, she enjoys reading, walking, baking cakes, eating them and drinking wine.

From an early age she fell in love with the fabulously funny romances of Jilly Cooper, and vowed, one day, she would have a go at writing one of her own.

Jill loves writing short stories, particularly those wit

Dog & Duck (4 books)
  • Winter at the Dog & Duck (Dog and Duck Book 1)
  • Summer at the Dog & Duck (Dog and Duck)
  • Happily Ever After at the Dog & Duck (The Dog and Duck Series Book 4)
“It makes you realise just how important family is. The different generations have so much to offer one another.” 0 likes