Start by marking “Magicians' Reckoning (Spellsmith & Carver, #3)” as Want to Read:
Magicians' Reckoning (Spellsmith & Carver, #3)

Magicians' Reckoning

(Spellsmith & Carver #3)

Auric Spellsmith and Jericho Carver forged a friendship through fire. Now they face a new enemy: a being from the Fey Realms who threatens their friendship as well as the life of one they both love.

The loss of his father leaves Auric reeling even as Jericho and his wife Rill are overwhelmed by the arrival of twins. When a mysterious Fey begins abducting local children, Spe
Published October 14th 2017 (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Magicians' Reckoning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magicians' Reckoning

Heather Hayden
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome (and somewhat heartbreaking) conclusion to a great gasplamp fantasy series.
Kara
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
my rating is 4.5

I couldn't wait to read this book but on the other hand, I didn't want Auric's and Jericho's story to end! Never have I encountered a series where two men go from completely disliking one another to becoming best friends and family to one another. And then you have Rill and Lotta!! Brilliant female love interests who enhanced this story that much more....however, as sad as it is that this series has concluded, I have enjoyed it more than I thought possible.

Loved how the story sta
H.L. Burke
Sep 28, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Just because I'm to the point of counting books I've written this year in my Goodread's reading challenge, because dang it, I read this book through a BUNCH of times during edits, and I need to get up to 55 books by the end of the year or I will disgrace myself and my family for generations.

No rating because would you take me seriously anyway? Though I liked it. The writer's cat is cool to hang out with, too. She has a great cat.
Deborah O'Carroll
(Review originally posted on my book blog: https://thepagedreamer.wordpress.com/...)

Firstly, I LOVE THIS COVER TO BITS. <3 (And I’m not going to lie: I’m super pleased how it fits with my blog’s colors. XD)

So much happens in this story... Death, birth, marriage, life, laughter, love, heartbreak, magic, snark, clockwork fox, friendship, and fun. It’s all in there, and well-written and emotional, and I’M ADDICTED TO THIS AUTHOR’S BOOKS, OKAY? Okay.

It came super close to losing a star due to som
K.M. Carroll
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read an ARC of this book, and wow. I think the author saved the best for last.

In this book, Auric and Jericho are pitted against a merciless fey monster that forces them to confront their deepest fears. For instance, Jericho comes face to face with the wounds he carries from his abusive father, and fears that he'll be abusive, too. It's raw and painful and utterly delicious.

Auric and Lotta are back, and Auric has to almost single-handedly save the day, because Jericho is off angsting. Auric re
Sharon Hughson
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
It took me several chapters to get into this book although the middle hooked me good. It earns 4.4 out of five stars.
One of my favorite things about this series is the snarky interaction between the main characters. There wasn't as much of that in this book because tragedies were striking them right and left. I did like those feels, too, I just missed the sarcastic friendship.
Maybe there were too many POV characters? I don't know what kept me from engaging early on, but I do know the mystery see
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
THE FEELS THOUGH

Ok, so, that was a lot more emotional turmoil than I expected. It was a really good book, with we'll developed characters and an exciting plot and magic and romance and all that, but everything kind of falls apart for our heroes and it hurt. Also, as a note, this reads more adult than YA, just because of some of the references to certain things and a few of the struggles that came up. Still a good book, but not my favorite in the series
Janeen Ippolito
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A solid, crowd-pleasing finish to the S&C trilogy. The clockwork critters stole the show in more ways than one! Good job.
C.O. Bonham
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Magician's Reckoning is the third and final book in H. L. Burke's Spellsmith and Carver series.

*This is the last one, there are no more books. Please read responsibily and start with book one.*

I finished this book during the wee hours of the morning. The conclusion of this story will keep you up until you finish it. It will keep you up until you run out of tissues and it will give you a literal hangover due to the fluid loss. In short, it has many feels.
Kat Heckenbach
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a bit more serious than the two that preceded it. Yes, there is still witty banter and moments that happen just in the heat of things to lighten the mood, but it still hits on more intense themes. And while the books are definitely clean enough for teens, the shift is toward adult relationships like marriage and family, whereas the start of the series has a bit more of a YA feel. The story world is, of course, just as cool, with an awesomely inventive magic system. There's still a b ...more
Katy
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-keepers
Having read the first two in this series, I was interested in finishing the story, though I kept putting it off since I knew it would be the end. There were elements of this installment that I really liked, but others felt a little "off" to me, and I'm not sure how to explain why. The dangerous antagonist really increases the level of danger for the heroes, and I really like the role of Jaspyr the mechanical fox in this book. I recommend this series to fantasy readers who like interesting system ...more
Liz Delton
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great end to the series, though I am so sure the characters' stories could continue if Burke wanted to write them! It was wrapped up well, but I can just imagine them getting into all kinds of magical shenanigans. This story is alternately heartbreaking and heartwarming, because Rill, Jericho, Auric and Lotta are so real and human. As they try and fight against a terrible fey force, they all go through some kind of transformation; confronting old fears and new.
Gretchen
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More Spellsmith and Carver Please, Preferably with Glass Harts

I feel a bit like Oliver Twist. Please may I have some more. HL is one of my favorite authors and Magicians’ Reckoning was a satisfying conclusion to the delightful partnership of Auric and Jericho with the Spellsmith parents, Rill, Lotta, and of course, Jaspyr!
That said, I’d love to see a crossover with the magicians and Nyssa Glass and Ellis Hart.
Jessica C.
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
And now for the startling conclusion...

Magicians' Reckoning is the spellbinding conclusion to the Spellsmith & Carver series.

This awesome contained all the action, deep emotion, and devoted friendships I was looking for. I even went back and reread a couple of the particularly gut wrenching parts. :D Burke has written one of the best grief scenes I've ever read. :'(

If you're a fan of either bromance or romance, I highly recommend this whole series!
James
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh

Not sure if they have any plans for the book but it seemed that the book was not planned for growth. To many key people died in one family to get me excited about anymore in this series.
Anna Haber
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Why did this book have to be so sad? I felt for all the characters, the whole time. That said, Auric, Jericho, Rill, and Jaspyr were wonderful as usual, I loved the subplot with Lotta, and it was nice to see more of Iris. Possibly my favorite of the three, despite the sadness. :( Four stars!
Kandi Wyatt
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This trilogy was excellent. I loved the interaction of the characters and the plot in all three books.
Steve
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In this gripping conclusion to the Spellsmith & Carver series, the families are faced with tragedy and trials like they've never known. They also face a new enemy with magic unlike anything they've ever encountered. Buckle in it'll be a bumpy but satisfying ride.
Pawprints
Lee Anne
Nov 29, 2017
Michael
Jan 07, 2018
Born in a small town in north central Oregon, H. L. Burke spent most of her childhood around trees and farm animals and was always accompanied by a book. Growing up with epic heroes from Middle Earth and Narnia keeping her company, she also became an incurable romantic.

An addictive personality, she jumped from one fandom to another, being at times completely obsessed with various books, movies, o

Spellsmith & Carver (3 books)
  • Magicians' Rivalry (Spellsmith & Carver #1)
  • Magicians' Trial (Spellsmith & Carver #2)