Start by marking “Murder at Fantasia Fair: A Provincetown Mystery (P'town Theme Week Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Murder at Fantasia Fair: A Provincetown Mystery (P'town Theme Week Book 2)

Murder at Fantasia Fair: A Provincetown Mystery

(Sydney Riley #2)

Wedding coordinator Sydney Riley never thought she’d get caught up in a murder investigation, but she became an amateur sleuth when her boss was killed during Bear Week. Now she’s back, this time as the Race Point Inn hosts Provincetown’s venerable transgender event, Fantasia Fair… and murder is once again an uninvited guest!

It’s all hands on deck at the inn as visitors
Kindle Edition
Published September 27th 2017 by HomePort Press

To ask other readers questions about Murder at Fantasia Fair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder at Fantasia Fair

Start your review of Murder at Fantasia Fair: A Provincetown Mystery (P'town Theme Week Book 2)
Jessica Robbins
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tour, own-kindle
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs... ...more
Bea
Blog Tour Review January 18th, 2018
Dianne
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!
Murder at Fantasia Fair is a snappy, entertaining read, and provided me with a few insights into the trans/cross dressing community. I'm not a great mystery solver, so I didn't 'get' it before the ending, which is fine by me. A resident of Provincetown, I found the book true to the place I love. Worth the read.
Colin Kegler
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cherchez la femme? Not this time! You may feel compelled to look further.

Crisp and compact, Jeannette de Beauvoir's, Murder at Fantasia Fair, the second in a set of murder mysteries set in Provincetown, MA, is a palimpsest converging in murder. We revisit this historic, somewhat resort-with-a-twist-of-Bohemian, Cape Cod town at the seaside inn where Sidney Riley works as a wedding planner. Reluctantly, Sidney is challenged to investigate the murder of a transgender guest at the convention and su
Lee
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super cute and quaint to the local town. I found it amusing to read how Sydney bumbled her way through the story and the case. I loved that it's not the typical "perfect detective solves the case" - she's a real person who is learning and makes mistakes. Or, at least, as real as a fictional book character can be. It was cute and entertaining.

It had some interesting notes on what it means to be trans. I loved that the author wasn't afraid to mention politics and how it affects trans peoples' live
Judy
Jun 08, 2020 rated it liked it
This cozy mystery is a fun, quick read. It is set in Provincetown, MA, which I have been to many times, so that made it more interesting to me. I could picture scenes very well when the writer mentioned where something took place. It also occurs during Fantasia Fair, a week that celebrates the trans community, which is a topic that interests me very much. It dealt with this in a caring and welcoming way and could help someone new to the topic who wants to learn more.

I enjoyed this book very much
Buck Mahoney
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This second in a series is a delightful read. Provincetown hosts various theme weeks throughout the year, and Sidney Riley is often pressed into service as a wedding planner -- and as a sleuth. What I liked most about Sidney was that she knows her way around. She makes for the perfect narrator: nonjudgemental, sarcastic, charmingly insecure, and tenacious. The reader also learns behind-the-scenes facts about what it's like to live in a town where there can be 60,000 people on a summer day and 60 ...more
Karen
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Did not know what to expect. I got this book because I wanted to participate in a zoom book club (new), but then didn’t make the meeting. I was interested since it is in a series set in Provincetown, and I like such “murder” series. It was a quick and interesting read, with a focus on transgender longings and lives and problems. Will now read book 1 in the series.
Tricia Nilsson
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect weekend page turner

This book was recommended to me and I’m glad I purchased it this morning. It was a quick and fun read. I was born on Cape Cod and I loved her detailed descriptions of P-town.
Gregory
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written exploration of trans life and ptown.
Julie Knapp
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fabulous book. I always learn something when Jeannette writes. She has great research. And I always get a bit surprised at the end. Keep writing. I can't wait for the next one! ...more
Jessica
Jan 10, 2018
Jpayne1
Nov 14, 2020
Jeannette Beauvoir
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: one-of-my-books
Jul 20, 2018
Miriam Dow
Oct 09, 2020
Denise Church
rated it did not like it
Sep 24, 2020

• Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World
  • The Truth Behind the Lie
  • When We Were Vikings
  • The Bonjour Effect: The Secret Codes of French Conversation Revealed
  • Murder in the Manor (A Lacey Doyle Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Flesh and Blood (Frank Clemons, #2)
  • Where Eagles Dare
  • The Ivy Tree
  • Confessions of a Rebel Angel: The Wisdom of the Watchers and the Destiny of Planet Earth
  • Veritas (Victor Carl, #2)
  • Let's Get Criminal (Nick Hoffman, #1)
  • Orientalism
  • Filthy Rich
  • The Lottery
  • Overthrow: America's Century of Regime Change from Hawaii to Iraq
Jeannette de Beauvoir is the bestselling author of the Sydney Riley (Provincetown) mystery series and the Martine LeDuc (Montréal) mystery series. She also writes some historical fiction out of a true love of the past and a desire to make her decades of student loan payments for history degrees make sense.

She always writes about strong and smart female protagonists, perhaps in the hope that one da

Sydney Riley (5 books)
  • Death of a Bear: A Provincetown Mystery (Sydney Riley Series Book 1)
  • The Deadliest Blessing (P'town Theme Week Book 3)
  • A Killer Carnival: A Provincetown Mystery
  • A Fatal Folly: A Provincetown Mystery (Sydney Riley Series)

News & Interviews