Start by marking “The Judas Flower (DI Pereira & DS Bain #2)” as Want to Read:
The Judas Flower (DI Pereira & DS Bain #2)

The Judas Flower

(DI Pereira & DS Bain #2)

When a long-suppressed lust for vengeance meets £130 million, death will follow.

The Necropolis, Glasgow. A man's body, in the shadow of the city's ancient cathedral, sits propped against a gravestone. Held upright by a length of rope around his neck, blood weeping from his eyes, killed by a small metal cross hammered into his skull, the blossom of the Judas tree in his hands.
Published December 12th 2017 by Bastei Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about The Judas Flower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Judas Flower

Start your review of The Judas Flower (DI Pereira & DS Bain #2)
Paromjit
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the second in the series featuring DI Aliya Pereira and DS Marc Bain, set in a grim, cold, rain soaked spring in Glasgow. Archie Wilson has the world at his feet, he is enjoying the pleasures that life offers him after winning a £130 million lottery that has set him up for life whilst he lives it up in a hotel. With daughter, Anais suspended from school, Aliya gets the call to get herself to the Necropolis, where a dead body has been discovered, with a metal cross hammered into his skull ...more
Lou
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I loved this! Since reading Cold Cuts, the first in the Pereira and Bain series I have fallen massively in love with Douglas Lindsay's writing. I have already lined up the rest rest of his books to read in the not-so-distant future.

After Cold Cuts I was waiting with high expectations to read book number two and The Judas Flower did not disappoint. The stories Mr. Lindsay writes always have elements that set them well apart from other writes in the genre which is part of the attraction fo
Richard
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
The second in this series and a much better book from plot through to location.
A police procedural benefitting from the Glasgow setting and revolving around guilt, retribution and lies all need exposing after resurfacing due to a change in fortune.
Told in a few brief days of the investigation; the case is seen as baffling to the reader as the detectives.
When a recent lottery winner is found murdered in the central city cemetery, his body posed and staged for dramatic events. It does
Caitlin
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
*3.5/5 Stars*

*I received this ARC from the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

The Judas Flower follows our two detectives, DI Pereira and DS Bain, as they work to solve the mysterious murder of a lottery millionaire whose body was found in a graveyard and displayed with some weird religious undertones. As they interview more suspects and delve deeper into the motives behind the crime, they uncover some dark secrets and shady business practices, while also putting themselves at risk.

Joyce
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Archie Wilson, a very rich man in his thirties, is walking down Hope Street when someone calls his name. Archie won’t be seeing any more mornings.

DI Aliya Pereira is at the school with her daughter in the principal’s office when she gets a phone call from DS Marc Bain about a body in the cemetery. She has to take her teenage daughter with her as she has just been suspended from school for hitting a boy.

The body is propped against a headstone, slightly mutilated ab
Elaine Tomasso
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bastei Entertainment for an advance copy of The Judas Flower, the second police procedural to feature Glaswegian detectives DI Aliya Pereira and DS Marc Bain.

Pereira and Bain are called out to the Necropolis for a murdered body. The man has been stabbed round the eyes and a metal cross driven into his head with a branch of a Judas Flower placed in his hands. The symbolic nature of the scene alarms them but no one can work out why some one would wan
Susan Angela Wallace
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
The judas flower by douglas lindsay.
The Necropolis, Glasgow. A man’s body, in the shadow of the city's ancient cathedral, sits propped against a gravestone. Held upright by a length of rope around his neck, blood weeping from his eyes, killed by a small metal cross hammered into his skull, the blossom of the Judas tree in his hands.
A good read. Liked the story. 4*.
Rosa
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got this book from NetGalley in trade for an honest review. Thank you Bastei Entertaiment >>be<< for this opportunity to review this book.

Review can also be read at my blog : https://onewordtoomuch.wordpress.com/...

This is an interesting title to read. One of the reasons I choose to review this book is because of the title. Apparently, there really is a Judas flower, which is explained in the book that it’s the flower from the tree that Judas hanged himself. At first, I thought it’s going to be some
Lisa
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dang, finally some interesting characters! I read so many books that most of the lead cops tend to blend into each other. These two were distinctly different and interesting. The mystery itself was a true whodunit. Truth is that I liked this book so much that I went ahead and bought a few others by this author. Eh, they were on sale, so what the heck? Great location too!
RoloPoloBookBlog
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
The Judas Flower by Douglas Lindsay
Book #2: DI Pereira & DS Bain Series
Source: Netgalley
My Rating: 3/5 stars

Round two of the DI Pereira and DS Bain series has the two intrepid detectives hot on the heels of a sick killer with a penchant for symbolism.

As with so many things in life (and books!) the whole mess Pereira and Bain find themselves a part of started with a secret and whole mountain of money. Archie Wilson won the lottery, and by won the lott
Kath
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
We first met DI Pereira and sidekick DS Bain in Cold Cuts a couple of months ago. The story in that book was definitely a little different and not for the more squeamish of readers. This one however reverts more to type and our terrible twosome are charged with the task of hunting down the killer of Archie Wilson who is found in a graveyard with a small metal cross embedded in his skull. He is also holding the blossom of the Judas tree in his hands. But is his death religious, or does his recent ...more
Chris N
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having read Douglas' Barney Thomson series I was thrilled to see a new book of his on Netgalley.

Archie Wilson, who recently had a huge lottery win, has turned up dead. Archie is a dull man who likes routine and doesn't seem very adventurous but they way his body is discovered leaves you to think otherwise.

I had thought I had cracked who killed him only to realise that nope, it wasn't that person. Could it be? no, another dead end..... wait I have it! Well you get the picture, it's o
Fiona Mccormick
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The second in the DI Pereira and DS Bain series, this book was even better than the first. This one features the murder of a lottery winner, who has been struggling with what to do with his new found fortune. Found dead in the Glasgow Necropolis, his murder resembles a ritual killing, and when more bodies are found, Pereira and Bain have to discover the link between the victims and a possible motive.
Plenty of twists and turns, and no shortage of suspects, this is a brilliant read. The main
Pgchuis
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, netgalley
I received a copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley.

A recent lottery winner is discovered dead in a Glasgow cemetery and other murders follow. The narrative is from the perspective of DI Aliya Pereira, who juggles solving the case, managing her boss, and finding time for her children. While there was a fair amount of time spent on Pereira's personal life (and the imperfect decisions she had made and continued to make), the main focus was the investigation itself.
Maggies Daisy
In Glasglow, Scotland murders seem to have a way of happening when least convenient. DI Aliya Pereira's life is in turmoil, the weather sucks and to boot; she now has not one murder but several that her partner DS Blaine must solve. What is the common thread that ties all the victims together? The first victim is found dead tied to a gravestone with a crucifix rammed into his head. Was he killed for a long past secret, the millions he just won in a lottery or for some unknown reason not yet asce ...more
Martha Brindley
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Pereira and Bain series, with Cold Cuts being the first. A great follow up and I recommend reading Cold Cuts first for some background details. A lottery winner, vengeance and murder, make this a worthy read, coupled with being set in Glasgow, I would recommend this series and author. Thank you Net Galley for my copy.
Mike
Bob
Dec 03, 2017
Jan Hendry
Mar 24, 2019

• The Killing Code (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers, #3)
  • A Litter of Bones (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers, #1)
  • Thicker than Water (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers, #2)
  • The Darkest Deed (DI Hogarth, #3)
  • The Darkest Truth (DI Hogarth, #4)
  • Who Cares If They Die (Dean Matheson #1)
  • Dead Inside (Maggie Jamieson, #1)
  • The Secret Fear: A Gripping Detective Crime Mystery (The DI Hogarth Secret Fear Series Book 1)
  • One Last Prayer for the Rays (DCI Michael Yorke, #1)
  • In The Woods
  • The Unquiet Grave (Damen Brook, #4)
  • The Repenting Serpent (DCI Michael Yorke, #2)
  • The Innocent and the Dead: gripping Scottish crime fiction (The DI Jack Knox mysteries Book 1)
  • Murder at Flood Tide: detectives hunt a killer on Edinburgh's streets (The DI Jack Knox mysteries Book 2)
  • Where the Snow Bleeds (Dean Matheson #2)
  • Blind Vengeance: Final Justice - A Damien Kaine Thriller (Damien Kaine Series Book 5)
  • A Killing Moon (Damen Brook, #5)
  • No Right To Kill (DI Sara Ramsey, #1)

DI Pereira & DS Bain (2 books)
  • Cold Cuts (DI Pereira & DS Bain #1)