Start by marking “Foster” as Want to Read:

Dear Diary,

Just messin’ with you. I don’t have time for that crap, but here’s my story.

I was finally coming clean to my best friend about how this divorced, single mom attempted to get back in the dating game...and wound up with an old flame.

Enough stalling, it was time to spill it ... ALL

Foster Montgomery was my best friend's hot younger brother. Back in high school, we u
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 209 pages
Published September 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Foster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foster

Start your review of Foster
Michele McMullen
Shelves: arc
This was a fun read filled with steam, witty banter and so many surprises and twists.
Kam is a divorced mom with a ten year old daughter. Her cheating husband left her for his secretary and now she has reinvented herself as a private investigator. What are the chances her new target to follow is her best friends younger brother. They have a history she isn't fond of and now may be her chance to even the score.
Foster may have been misunderstood in the past and now may be his chance to redeem hims
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

'Foster' is a second chance Romance novel with some light hearted humour by Kristei Leigh.

Kamryn has a new job. She has been tasked by a client to find out whether her fiance has been cheating or not. Things turn interesting when she finds out that the culprit is the man who used her once.
She decides to have her revenge by proving that he has been cheating again.

This story was a funny and sassy romance for me. It was a plain tale and did n
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Kamryn is a divorced mother of a 10 year old girl. She had to move on when her husband left her for his secretary, but she moved on. Her job is a private investigator and now she was just handed a new case of finding out where a womens fiancé is cheating on her. And it got really interesting when the guy is her best friends brother. The brother who used her when they were teenagers when he didn’t have a new girlfriend to entertain him. So this was the perfect opportunity to get back at him, righ ...more
Kasumatata
Loved it

I Absolutely adored this book and how it developed. It was funny, sweet, an overall relaxing and feelgood read. Both main and side characters were outstanding and I just couldn't help but completely fall for Foster. This was my first book by this author, but will definitely not be the last one!
Emma (emjbookshelf)
Sep 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kamryn is a private investigator and has shared custody of her daughter, Charlie, with her ex-husband. She is hired by a female who is hoping to find out that her fiance is cheating on her, When she realizes the fiance is an ex from her school days she jumps at the chance to get her revenge.

This is a second chance story, It was a good quick read, It was light-hearted and it was my first read by this author but will be checking out more of her books after reading this one.
Kim
Sep 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Okay…………….

So…. this was a really, REALLY weird romance novel. “Foster” is the first book I’ve read from Kristie Leigh. I’ve recently been trying to keep an open mind about authors whose work I’ve never read before, so when I read the blurb for “Foster,” I thought I’d give it a try. I’m on an older-woman-younger-man trope streak at the moment. Maybe turning 40 this year is triggering this “attraction” towards this plot line? Hahaha! I don’t know, but that’s the horse I’m currently riding on.

Just
Minnie
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
ARC Review

Kamryn is given a case of finding out if her client’s fiancé is cheating on her and that case reconnects her with Foster, a guy she met in high-school. She hates him but soon it becomes something more, love.
Foster is an handsome, confident man who has feelings for Kam.
Their attraction is undeniable and in no time sparks fly between them.

Foster was such a joyful book to read. It was sweet, funny and perfectly written.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Jess Kranenburg
Sep 20, 2020 rated it liked it
This book made me really angry. The way Kamryn handled the situation with Foster was really unprofessional and disrespectful to Marissa. What happened in highschool shouldn’t matter, she’s an adult now and should of taken the high road. I’m glad they got their HEA but I feel it could of been done differently. I did really love the style of writing and the banter between characters in this book. Todd was most fave character. I just loved his personality and how he kept Kam in line. And the steam ...more
Coco.V
Oct 05, 2021 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (10/5/2021)! 🎁
Anas Attic  Book Blog

Foster by Kristie Leigh
RomCom Standalone
Full disclosure: I know Kristie Leigh personally. While I can usually separate my friendship from my reviews, there are a few women that I knew before I read their books and then felt their personality come through the main character so much that I feel like I would be judging the author and not the book. That is very much the case with Foster by Kristi Leigh. I’m going to do my best to review it fairly, but I am debating on including a star rating.

Rosie
Sep 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Foster is not your standard romance novel, with a cute meeting, followed by chemistry, angst and drama and then HEA. It's layout is slightly different, and I'm not really sure what to make of it.

Kamryn is a divorced single mum, who has her own private investigation firm. She is finally ready to get back into the dating game when a prospective client contacts her about finding out if her fiancé is cheating, and who should be the mark but her best friend’s younger brother Foster, who Kam had a sec
Trish
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an enjoyable, fun read. It’s funny, heartwarming, and hot. Kamryn is sassy, funny and sarcastic. Foster is sweet and hot. They’ll both frustrate you a little while reading the book but in the end it was worth it. I loved Todd, Kamryn’s gay best friend and business partner. He left me in stitches quite a few times throughout the book. The story had some twists to it. This is a first time read from this author, but I’ll be looking for more to of their books to add to my reading list.

Kamr
Anja Dettmann
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it

Okay, Foster was my first book by Kristie Leigh and it was definitely a funny read with steamy scenes.

Kamryn is in her 40's, divorced, she has a daughter with her ex and is working as PI with her bestie Todd.
One day she became a new case. She has to investigate if the fiancée of her client is cheating. It's Foster - the little brother of her other Bestie, Dana, she grew up with.
They had a secret past with more downs than ups.
She thought, that she can finally get even with him. Will s
Gsmitty
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Foster by Kristie Leigh was an EXPERIENCE to read and devour!

Oh goodness, Kamryn is a hoot! Feisty and fierce and brash and telling it like it is. Oh Kam, sweet Kam, trying to protect herself, trying to do the right thing, and things just not always turning out how she wanted nor expected them to. Also, we could all use a Dana for sure! And a Todd, just saying! And Charlie is too cute!

Foster is something else! Tall, handsome, attitude and confidence, and blowing hot and cold, and full of layers
Trish (Beautiful Chaos Reviews)
Straight up, this book was delightful! I was laughing out loud at our irreverent heroine, who was a hoot from the first page. She's got a dramatic employee, an adorable daughter, and a BFF who is the H of the book's sister. Hmmm, things could get complicated.

Kamryn is divorced, doing the single mom thing and running her own PI business. That business is what leads her back to an old acquaintance, Foster. There is a history there, but to go into detail would be spoilers. But she ends up tailing
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kam is a single mother to a 10 year old daughter after her husband ran off with his secretary. She's reinvented herself into a PI, which I thought was cool but she didn't seem very good at it in my eyes since her newest case crossed the line of professionalism to immature in my eyes. See, she was hired to find out if someone's fiance was cheating on them, and to make things worse, it was the guy back in high school who used her, so instead of being professional, she decided to get back at him. I ...more
Laurie
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I enjoyed Kristie Leigh's "Foster," a funny, silly, fast-paced read, and would recommend it for all fans of romantic comedy.

There was a ton of steam between main characters Kamryn and Foster, and while I didn't find their emotional connection to be quite as well-developed as the physical one, they clearly made each other happy, which is all that really matters in the end. Foster's relationship with Kamryn's daughter Charlie was very cute, and Kamryn definitely had her hands full when the two o
Bookthief
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kamryn James gets a divorce from her cheater husband, now she is a single mom to Charlie. This story actually starts off differently; Kam and Dana, her BFF meet up for coffee. Kam shares her dating experiences. One date hits closer to home, Dana's brother Foster. Kam and Foster had an on/off again relationship on high school that nobody knew about. Move forward to now and Kam is divorced and happens to see Foster in her neighborhood. He makes the first move, but Kam is hesitant to move forward w ...more
Stevie Schneider
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Alright this is second chance romance with some really hot steamy scenes, and some witty banter. Kamryn is a divorced single mom with a 10 year old daughter. When approached by a prospective client to find out if her fiance is cheating. To Kamryn’s surprise she knows the fiance, and he’s her best friend’s younger brother who she once shared some hot times with Foster Montgomery. This just opens doors for so many things. Kristie Leigh did an amazing job with this book. I started this book around ...more
Caroline O'Sullivan
Oct 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was blooming brilliant, I could not put it down and I smiled the whole way through.

It was so funny but also heartwarming, it was filled with wit and don’t forget the steam, it had bucketloads of it and it all just made sense with the storyline.

I absolutely adored Foster, he was just everything you want in a guy, caring, loyal and HOT!! and Kamryn was awesome, she was a strong sassy independent woman and loved by everyone.

The characters in this book were great, all so relatable in a way
Reading_Junkie28
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kamryn thought she had it all figured out until she didn’t. When her marriage comes to an end she picks up the pieces. Starting her own business as a PI. Kamryn is offered a case and the person she is set out to get information on is non other than Foster Montgomery, her best friends little brother. Growing up they sorta had a little something going on but at every turn he acted like she was nothing, she’s a bit of a scorned woman. Coming face to face with her past wasn’t as easy of a task as sh ...more
Amy
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Foster was a fun second-chance romance with a lot of humor and heart. Foster is the little brother of Kamryn’s best friend. Through the years, Foster and Kamryn have had a love/hate relationship through the years and when they reunite after several years, the attraction hasn’t died.

These two were fun together. They had a lot of miscommunication that led to hurt feelings, but they cared enough to keep fighting. The chemistry between them was off the charts and their love scenes were HOT.

This was
Wendy Livingstone
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kamryn is a divorcee and a single mom to a 10-year old daughter, and her job is as a private investigator. When she is given a new case, it is to find out is her client fiancé is cheating on her. Surprise, surprise, Foster who is her best friend’s younger brother, is the person she is investigating. Foster and Kamryn have a history as he is her ex from high school, and she is now out for revenge. This is a well written 2nd chance romance which is light-hearted, humorous, entertaining, and with s ...more
Sara
🎉🎉Foster by @kristieleigh is LIVE🎉🎉

I really enjoyed this book! Foster was a breath of fresh air on a fun, second chance novel!

Kamryn was everything I want a newly single mom to be. She was a hot mess at times, loving to her kiddo, and real about her situation.

Enter Foster, the “could have been” best friend’s brother from Kam’s past. I loved him. He was attentive, hot, and loving!!!

This book had everything. I loved how Foster interacted with Kam’s kiddo and was also willing to navigate all tha
KL Cassanello
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kam finds herself a divorced single mom at 40. A private investigator now, she takes a new client, only to find out that the subject is her best friend's younger brother. She and Foster have history. So much hilarity in this book, and some unexpected twists in the story. There's a host of supporting characters, including Kam's daughter Charlie (too smart for her own good!), her best friend Dana, and her partner Todd, who's fun and totally crazy. I'm so glad I had the chance to read this book; it ...more
Louise  O
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Foster is a stand-alone 2nd chance story; Leigh is a new to me author and I couldn’t wait to dive in.

Kamryn is a divorced single mother running her own business; when her new subject is none other than an old flame, she can’t help but get excited at the thought of getting a little revenge from all those years ago.

I personally enjoyed Foster, I love a 2nd chance at love story; Kamryn and Foster’s chemistry is undeniable. I cannot wait to read more from Leigh in the future.

Star Ratings; Plot: 4/
Samantha
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So this is my first read from this author so I had no idea what to expect and to be honest with you I was pleasantly surprised. This is a beautifully well written story about a couple with a bad habit of not communicating. Having a secret relationship when they were younger losing touch and then the crazy brought them back together. I like how it’s split into two parts and I cannot wait to see if Todd and Sadie get their own stories in the future. The relationship that blossoms between Foster, K ...more
Chasity Williams
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great

Kamryn and Foster have a connection he's her best friends little brother and they secretly had a hot kiss years ago where Foster treated her horribly afterwards. Now years later Kamryn is a private investigator who's divorced and single mom. Foster is the owner of a landscape construction company. They cross paths again when Kamryn is hired to investigate him by his fiancé for possible cheating. But what will happen when the old kiss comes back into to play? What will happen with the fianc
Nancy VanSpunky Reads
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was the sweetest story! Kam is a divorced mom with a teenage daughter. She's navigating life on her own and seems to be doing great. She's a private investigator and her business partner, Todd, is a hoot! When Kam gets a new case that involves an old flame all bets are off. Foster is younger than Kam and happens to be her best friend's little brother. Sparks fly when they cross paths again and he's determined to win her. This book is ALL kinds of steamy! But in the end, Foster is a sweethea ...more
Lisa
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
There are so many layers to this book that you really have to concentrate to take it all in. It starts out really slow. Kami is independent and strong but still an insecure teenager in some ways. Foster hardworking but sometimes seems is just trying to get through the day to day. The writing is deep and seems to have hidden meaning in so many ways. The secondary characters are fun and help make the book what it is. I like Todd he is no nonesense and tells it like it is.

I received a free copy of
« previous 1 3 next »

• Falling For Ryan: Part One (Falling #1)
  • The Exiled Prince Trilogy (Royal Secrets, #1-3)
  • Overdue
  • Sicko
  • Crash Into You (Dare With Me, #1)
  • Wild Fire (Chaos, #6.5)
  • Jolly Hour (All My Jingle Ladies #2)
  • Cop-Out (The Everyday Heroes World)
  • Tyrant Twin (Tyrant Dynasty, #1)
  • Defy You  (Rebel Ink #3)
  • Penthouse Prince
  • The Endgame Is You (Rixon Raiders, #4)
  • Jingle Lady (All My Jingle Ladies #1)
  • Knox (Merrick Brothers, #1)
  • Copper (Royal Bastards MC: Tulsa, OK, #2)
  • A Lesson in Blackmail: Black Mountain Academy / A Club Alias Novel
  • Beautiful Thief (Omertà Law, #2)
  • Mixologist: A Cougar Novella
I'm a feisty redheaded Canadian/American who fell in love with romance novels when my friend Phil bought me a Kindle and it hasn't left my side since.

My fave books to read are anything taboo and super sick and twisted, I'm not sure I will ever write anything dark but I would love to give it a shot one day.

I live in South Florida with my high school sweetheart and 3 kids.

I grew up in Burlington, ON