Start by marking “Destined” as Want to Read:
Destined

Destined

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  261 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Esha Mehra could have taken care of her father, only if she had some support from her fiancé. But he had his priorities set and her sick father was nothing but a burden. Esha didn't have any other choice but to apply for a loan from her office. But she had not banked on the fact that the Head of Geno Technologies needed her for other reasons.

When Rohan Sharma saw Esha for
Published September 27th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Destined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destined

Sundari Venkatraman
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Destined is the third book published by indie author and friend Rubina Ramesh. I can see the growth curve, Rubina. You have come a long way since the first draft of Finding the Angel.

What I really like about the author’s words is the rawness in them. She has her own unique style and that’s how it should be.

A quote from Destined:

Of all the hell bound virgins, he really thought she would not keep her side of the bargain? She scowled at him, her eyes blazing in anger. "I never - I repeat, I never g
Rajan
Nov 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Which is better marriage: love or arranged? Nobody knows for sure. Common sense says that love marriage is better. Two people fall in love, have a courtship period and know each other. Then they decide to take it one level up. That is marriage. But what happens to arranged marriage couples. Do they suffer a loveless marriage forever? Is it inflicted on the hapless couples?

What is marriage? Is it a holy bond or just a legal contract between two parties? Religion says this is a bond till death do
Shalini
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Destined is a beautiful tale of love, family, and duty. It is the story of Esha and Rohan who get into a contract marriage for reasons of their own. Esha is a strong, independent woman who lost her mother to cancer. She adores her father who, as fate would have it, is diagnosed with the same brutal disease. Her relatives ditch her when she asks for a loan. Her childhood best friend, her fiancee Ayush is also not helpful. He, along with his mother disagrees with how she wants to live her life. Wh ...more
Mahathi Ramya
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Plot:

The story starts with Esha getting a bad news that her father is diagnosed with stage 2 cancer. Her life turns upside down as it is difficult to get treatment for him with her meager salary and she has no one to ask for help. When it is time to show support, her fiancee and her longtime friend 'Ayush' shows his true colors and abandons her.

In these turbulent times, her boss 'Rohan' proposes to marry her in exchange for the responsibility to finance her father's treatment. Esha doesn't
Devika Fernando
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is more than a love story – it’s a story about finding yourself and your purpose in life; a story about the ancient and still valid battle of duty vs. dreams that so many women face; a story of perseverance and caring, kindness and the lack of it; and ultimately also a story of a woman who’s stronger—and more blessed—than she thinks while facing one struggle after the other.

I could sympathize well with the heroine, Esha. And I bet many other readers can, too. After having already lost her m
Sunanda Chatterjee
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
marriage contract with her boss under the watchful eye of the entire company; she becomes the wife so he can deal with his family, and he provides the money for her father’s treatment.

I enjoyed the author’s take on contract marriages. It starts out all business at first, but gets complicated when they both fall for each other. The author touches on social themes of Indian traditions where a woman is expected to care for her husband’s family, and a son is expected to take care of his. So who take
Angela Peixoto
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read and enjoyed previous books by Rubina Ramesh but this one really topped my expectations. Not only is it a lovely story but also deals with a theme close to my heart - the caring of our parents in their old age and the acceptance of this fact by our partners in life. Definitely a must read everyone!
Sadhuvi
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unexpected twists and turns makes our life more interesting and thrilling..In this book, Author talks about the way in which fate changes the lives of Esha Mehra and Rohan Sharma..”Destined” is a story of love, relationships, trust, commitment and self respect..

Esha Mehra is shocked when she finds out that her father has cancer..She is worried as she had already lost her mother to same dreadful disease..Her fiance and childhood friend Ayush is indifferent towards her father’s health.He and his m
Reshma Ranjan
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Why should a woman be made to choose? Why can’t she choose both, duty and Love?
When the burden of pain and the fear of losing your love is bearing upon you, just the presence of someone next to you is too valuable.
Esha’s struggle to be strong as she stood by her father in his battle with cancer and the Deja vu she experiences is heart-wrenching. And trust me, I was so engrossed in her pain that I was shocked at my desire to hit Ayush.
Out of the blue came a marriage proposal, a contractual marri
Sneha Khatri
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Nothing worth appreciating.
Inderpreet Uppal
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is an out and out love story, a typical romance like the M&Bs I grew up reading. Pick this one only if you are a lover of good romance, strong female characters and men who love them.

Destined is a love story that reminds you of the power of love and why the world loves to read romance, why it is the largest selling genre and why love is not just for lovers but for family, friends and life itself. The author has balanced romance, family and duty in this beautiful book. Yes, beautif
Geeta Nair
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enthralling!

Esha the female protagonist, comes across as a strong- willed, level head one who is not ready to buckle under pressure. She can be sweet and rude.Not ready to be cowed down either by her fiancé, his mother and boss Rohan Sharma, she knows her priorities and responsibilities. Faced with a serious situation she needs to take some hard decisions. But can she, without compromising her dignity? For that you need to read the book.

Packed with stings and barbs, selfish motives and selfless
Cindy
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. What I liked most is that it is fast paced. Even though there are misunderstandings, the story does not drag on at a snail's pace. I liked the characters and even though there is sadness, I still found the story uplifting. Can't wait for more books from this author.
Nilima
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full Review: Book Review: Destined by Rubina Ramesh

Rubina is testing us as readers instead of the reverse. She writes about topics subtly but brings about powerful thought process changes. Her writing evokes emotions and questions we seldom ask others or ourselves. Its a pleasure reading her books. She is on a writing spree is a relief. Her next book is soon to be launched.

What I liked:
Emotions which well up inside you. Each chapter will evoke emotions. It starts with Anxious then Apprehension t
Mariyam Hasnain
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Destined by Rubina Ramesh is a story of young and beautiful Esha Mehra and her billionaire boss Rohan.
It’s a sweet love story with a happily ever after. I loved the premise and the settings of the novel.
The story is set in the city of Bangalore, though there was very little that we know about the city. I would love to read more about the Southern city of India. The smell, the weather, the people, and culture. There was nothing that could describe the true spirit of the IT city.
However, the book
Sunita Saldhana
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is Rubina Ramesh’s third book, the second novel, and I must say each one of her books is different. Though she has tried to keep the book light, the underlying idea of the book is one that is really pertinent. Why does society expect a woman to forget her responsibility to her parents once she is married? She isn’t even given a choice, though I believe the question of choice shouldn’t arise at all. It should be a given, that just as a man continues to look after his parents throughout their ...more
 Ashwini Gopalkrishnan
A women joints two families by her love~anonymous

Nowadays a women’s thinking has drastically changed she feels insecure about the other women in actuality so the first woman controls the other woman by saying “arre Marro dikro Mari haath thi Chuuti gayo”,but there are some expectations to this rule.

Destined by Rubina Ramesh is a good book to read .She has written this book in really effective way .

She has written this book from daughters point of view. As some women think their sons are the grea
Usha Narayanan
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What is love? Is it the spark in the eye, the fire in the heart, the flutter in the stomach? Or is it the caring, the understanding, the support? Or wait - can it be both? This is the crux of 'Destined', a sparkling romance by Rubina Ramesh.

The heroine Esha tells her fiance Ayush that her father needs prolonged treatment for cancer. His response that she should shrug aside her responsibility and focus on her upcoming marriage instead, shocks her.

'Would you leave your mother if she had the same
S
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I read the blurb I wasn’t sure how the story would be coz I have read few stories along the same storyline and plot of contract marriage and was wondering how much different could it be but I was surprisingly amazed by the way the story unfolds and proceeds and really enjoyed this story and the plot of this story and how Rubina has added twisted and turns in the story to keep the readers attention. Both the protagonists were very well sketched but personally I was in love with Esha’s charac ...more
Reet Singh
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was enamored of the cover - very vibrant, and hinting at lots of tension; then, the blurb spoke of issues that sounded intriguing hence I picked up this book.

Esha is much like the red dress she has worn on the cover - fiery, exposed (as in, made vulnerable due to circumstances), charming and resolute. Her love for her father and her fight to keep him happy to the end was warming!

Rohan is suave, generous, and very astute. He was a natural and humane care-provider, just the sort of fellow you wa
J. Alchem
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
A book about a daughter - father bonding

The book disappointed me in the beginning with predictable storyline ( till chapter 5) . I found nothing remarkable but after chapter 6, the book picked up well with twists. I couldn't connect with Esha's character too. It was a weird and a confused character. It was immature at some places and mature enough at other places. I loved the character of Rohan. It was fully developed. Zaira has nothing much to do as well. I expected more of her role but she cou
Adite
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This is Esha and Rohan's story who enter into a contract marriage for reasons of their own. Though the "contract marriage" trope has been overdone Rubina Ramesh gives it a new twist. The theme of a daughter who chooses to stand by her father in his hour of need gives the story a lot of dramatic heft. The romance is engaging and has you rooting for both Esha and Rohan.
Hemangi Patgiri
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the plot of how the female protagonist stood strong to take care of her ailing father all alone despite all odd circumstances and lack of support. She was clear with her priorities and loved her father unconditionally even though her own plans for the future and career were jeopardised. Under such pressure she was firm and made decisions that turned her life and financial prospects.
Paromita Goswami
A breezy romance told in a very simple way. When an woman is torn between love and reposibilities whom should she choose? The author has weaved a plot around this dilema in a very nice way. Recommended for those who love to read romance with a tinge of life .
P.G. Van
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it!!

Such a sweet story! Totally enjoyed the interaction between the main characters. Loved the dedication of a daughter and the man who let her be a daughter and not just a wife.
Varsha Dixit
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Captivating read

Love the author’s voice that shines bright through her characters. Esha’s character was very real so were her problems. Finished the book in one go that’s how good it was. Looking forward to reading more from the author 😊
Saakhi
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it

It made for a nice read on a lazy day.
Not great , not bad. Just simple and nice. Good one
Nikita Somaiya
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A book with twist of the independent and prouf daughter

Nice book for romantic lovers, A book with twist of the independent and prouf daughter... Keep up the good work
Ruchira Khanna
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Destined is a story that makes you believe in chances taken in life! Esha opted for a contract, a chance to save her father, but instead life throws her a curve ball for a happily ever after!
The ending is quite clear seeing how the author shapes the plot via the characters. Sometimes the narration was a drag but given what the author was trying to convey of an indian woman trying to take care of her ailing parents was sublime!
M.V. Kasi
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A simple love story with a subtly narrated powerful message. Enjoyed reading Esha's journey from a heartbreak to a happily-ever-after.
Rubina Ramesh is an avid reader, writer, blogger, book reviewer and marketer. She is the founder of The Book Club, an online book publicity group. Her first literary work was published in her school magazine. It gave her immense pride to see her own name at the bottom of the article. She was about 8 years old at that time. She then went to complete her MBA and after her marriage to her childhood ...more