Start by marking “Sleigh Ride (Minnesota Christmas, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sleigh Ride (Minnesota Christmas, #2)

Sleigh Ride

(Minnesota Christmas #2)

The way to a man’s heart is on a sleigh.

Arthur Anderson doesn’t want anything to do with love and romance, and he certainly doesn’t want to play Santa in his mother’s library fundraising scheme. He knows full well what she really wants is to hook him up with the town’s lanky, prissy librarian.

It’s clear Gabriel Higgins doesn’t want him, either—as a Santa, as a boyfriend,
ebook, 2nd, 280 pages
Published September 28th 2017 by Heidi Cullinan (first published November 11th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Sleigh Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleigh Ride

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5 lumberjack and librarian stars~

This was ALMOST a 5 star book...almost.

It was such a joy to read.

Paul and Arthur (Marcus's BFFs from book 1) were never going to make it as a couple, and Paul finally decides he's had enough of being Arthur's convenient fuck-buddy and moves out of Arthur's cabin. Arthur, the short bear, is temporarily out of work and lonely, so his mom decides to play matchmaker by forcing Arthur to play Santa at a library fundraiser.

Even worse, Gabriel, the town librarian,
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maybe
description

“Sleigh Ride” is a story about family, friends, acceptance and finding love.

Like the first book in the series, “Sleigh Ride” is a opposites attract and an enemies to lovers story, this time one of the main character being Arthur, the ginger bear who we met in the previous book in the series, "Let It Snow".

Arthur Anderson is single now, after Paul, his fuck buddy, left him because he wanted more than Arthur was willing to give. Everyone in Arthur’s life is fixated on happily-ever-after, but he’
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**3.75 stars, rounded up because of that ending!**

This book was soooo sweet, like sugar-kink, holiday style!

I was a big fan of Let It Snow, and though I still like that story more, this was a very nice addition to the series.

I'm always a fan of opposite attract, and this book was exactly that. A fiery, enemies-to-lovers story with some very nice northern US atmosphere.

I think my favorite part of the book was the, well, books aspect of it! Gabriel is a skinny, buttoned up librarian and I adored
Kaje Harper
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, comfort-reread, m-m
This is a sweet holiday-touched story about two man who are very different but in complimentary ways. Arthur is a big bear of a guy, who has been telling himself for years that he's content with having extended family to spend time with and a friendly fuck-buddy relationship at home. But when fuck-buddy Paul moves out to look for something more committed, and Arthur is alone in his home, he finds himself restless and unexpectedly lonely. Although not so lonely that he's willing to let his mother ...more
A Girl Has No Name
Sleigh Ride is such a sweet and entertaining read.

When is long-term fuck buddy Paul decides to move out, as he is looking for a true relationship, Arthur has a hard time understanding Paul's decision. He isn't into dating, he likes his sex kinky and he isn't looking for a monogamous relationship at all. Being temporary out of work, Arthus soon gets lonely - he doesn't like returning to his empty cabin and he is spending less time with his best friends due to the argument with Paul.

Arthur's lone
Vivian
Ignominious start that glides through the finish.

Sweet opposite attracts story in the wilds of Minnesota. Gruff mountain man and wound-just-a-bit-too-tight invested librarian collide and sparks ensue. Lots and lots of sparks. Little kinkier than the first story in the series and yet still sweet. There some nice discussion of gender roles and how as a society we pidgin hole many behaviors inappropriately. Shows the effect a dedicated librarian, but in many ways any citizen can have on a town. Ta
Sara
I have publically declared my love for the words that Heidi Cullinan writes before, and I admit there are times I wonder if I can be objective when I get a new book of hers in my hands. But I figured, who cares if I can be or not, I loved the hell out of this story. And yeah, I read a Christmas story in the triple digit heat wave through the desert in September. Am I crazy? Have you met me? Anyhoo…

I am just going to toss this out there and be done with it, first. I know there are people who can’
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.75 Stars***

This was a really great read....well, for about the first 70%....more on that later.

I have to say, I'm loving the theme of this series....physical opposites attract, but emotionally they end up having more in common than first impressions might show.

Gabriel is the town's new librarian...and by new I mean he's been there 18 months and has basically isolated himself from everything outside of work. Gabriel yearns to belong. He's tall, he's lanky, he's nerdy and he has some sexual
Amy
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday-reads, lgbtq
I liked this better than the first book! And I really liked the first book! I loved seeing Marcus and Frankie again, but this story was all about Arthur, one of Marcus' best friends from book #1. He falls for the new librarian in town, Gabriel. Arthur is pretty kinky and Gabriel is pretty reserved, so things don't go that well at first. I loved Arthur's family. His mom is such a busy body, LOL! And the ending was absolutely perfect! I'm hoping poor lonely Paul gets his book next year :)
Heller
We’re continuing the adventures of the three Minnesota lumberjack bears: Book 1 was Marcus(Papa Bear), Book 2 is Arthur(Mama Bear) and hopefully Book 3 will be Paul(Baby Bear). I had some issues with Paul’s character carried over from the first book. I found him to be pretty selfish and disrespectful to Marcus and Frankie but most especially to Paul. Paul is Arthur’s best friend and roommate for the past ten years but they’re also friends with benefits. Arthur seemed to push Paul past his sexual ...more
R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

Huh. I enjoyed this way more than I expected to. Having said that though, my feelings about this book are all over the place.

Full disclosure.

The idea that this relationship eventually evolves to include a third person, as evidenced by the latest addition to this series - really, really, really bugs me. Of course, Ms. Cullinan is absolutely free to do whatever she wants with her characters, but I’m boring and staid, and I like my romance cut and dry. That means epic, monogamous love. So
Jilrene ♥
An adorable, easy read. On to the next in the series! Love these guys, so much.
Debra
Completely enjoyable Heidi Cullinan sweetness with a side of light kink around the holiday season. Arthur the kinky man-whore is knocked for a loop by his sudden attraction to librarian Gabriel, who is much more than the uptight nerd Arthur expects him to be.

Paul has finally had enough and moves out leaving Arthur alone and surprisingly lonely in his cabin. Town librarian Gabriel seems to have it all together but is insecure and emotionally fragile thanks to a lifetime of being put down. Neither
Jenni Lea
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

What a wonderful holiday story! I shed so many joyful little tears while reading this. Beautifully done.

If you read this story for nothing else, read it for the Thanksgiving scene and the storytime scene.

Just beautiful.
.Lili.
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, mm-holidays

I can't get enough of this series!!! Can't recommend these enough!!! 5 Stars! ♥
Gina
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book, it was a refreshing holiday story. It wasn't too sweet for me and it romance was refreshing and kinky! Love it Love it!
Meags
3.5 Stars

I enjoyed Arthur and Gabriel's story much more than I was expecting to. Not because I was worried about the writing or anything like that - I'm always impressed by Cullinan's skills as an author, even when the stories themselves aren't my cup of tea - rather, I was worried I wouldn't warm to the main characters, particularly after having met Arthur in the first book, where I was unimpressed by his strong personality and rather kinky sexual proclivities.

Here, though, Arthur won me over
Heidi
Loving all the Christmas stories out at the moment. This is another enjoyable read with a hot, sexy leather wearing Lumberjack & kinky Librarian! Light BDSM, rope play and consensual non-con included - in a very nice way!

Here's my Arthur - minus the red hair ;) Ho! Ho! Ho! (view spoiler)
Elizabetta

Sleigh Ride isn’t just a light, holiday romance where small-town librarian matches wits with small town bad boy. It’s as much a tribute to libraries and their importance as places of information and education. And in the small, rural towns such as the one in this story, they give children who might not have easy access to ipads or laptops, a way to connect with the bigger world.

Yes, Sleigh Ride has romance and it’s share of steamy sex but, in the end, this is the author’s passionate me
Marte - Thunderella

**** 4 kinky librarian stars ****

--------------------------------
"Goddam, but I love me some kinky librarian. My kinky librarian.
~Arthur~
--------------------------------

This was great! I liked this book better than the first in the series. Not that the first one is bad, but this one has the enemies-to-lovers feel to it!

----------------------------------
"What crawled up your butt, Gabe?"
Ugh. This man. "My name is Gabriel. Please do no call me Gabe."
"What crawled up your butt, Gabriel?"
"Nothing
Jewel
In short, I loved it.

I wasn't sure what to make of Arthur in Let it Snow, but I really love him here. And Gabriel was just so adorable. And brilliant.

When the book started, with Paul moving out of the cabin, I was kind of sad. In Let it Snow, though Arthur and Paul weren't exactly a couple, they kinda were, and I figured that moving on from that would be all kinds of awkward. And it certainly had it's moments. But Paul knew the score. He knew that Arthur would never be his boyfriend. Not becaus
Ami

In my review for the first book, Let It Snow, I said that I would love to see Arthur and Paul ended up with different men. I disliked the idea of them together. Well, I got my wish *lol*.

For the most part, I really liked this. I liked the contradictory of Arthur as character. Arthur, the big red-haired bear, who as actually really romantic and loved kids (the way he took care of Thomas, so sweet!) despite his manly burly stature. And Gabriel, the demigod librarian, who might be snappis
Karen
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-mm
Apparently I saved the best for last...well, almost...

I finished this book several hours ago and I'm still trying to figure out if I can possibly even begin to explain how much I loved this book. I had little to no doubt I was going to enjoy it. I know when I started reading I wasn't overly enamoured of Arthur and Gabriel...well, I just needed to know more about him. He was an unknown entity for me. Part way into the book I realized that Gabriel was going to break me and he did.

Gabriel was a c
Denise H.
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
.... naughty, edgy Arthur is rocking Librarian Gabriel's world...wow...!
Arthur, lumberman/handyman, was adrift after his lost friendship with Paul.
Gabriel is the new Librarian and quietly going about his work.

The Library needs a fundraiser, money for basics, and Arthur has always hated the Library, because it's where he was told he couldn't read what he wanted, only what they wanted. In getting ready for the fund raiser, Arthur and Gabriel are getting together whether they like it or not. Gabr
Trio
I can't believe I read that book straight through. I totally enjoyed it - the characters were so interesting and the way they came together just worked so well. Loved the kink (but there could have been more of it... Nowhere Ranch has spoiled me for any of this author's other works).

Terrific plot, I respect the hell out of the whole thing the author does about gender stero-typing and helping change peoples' attitudes, that part was well done. Also the part where Arthur is reviewing his relations
Sonia ~Ruber's fiancé in Crystal Court universe~
DNF at 18% and I am so sad and pissed about it!!

It was all going well, I liked the MCs. The grumpy bear and the uptight librarian? What's not to like? THE GROSS, ICKY SEX that's what!! Why oh why did it have to become some gross, stupid book? With humiliation and stuff: "you're a filthy whore!" and other stuff like that.. OK, some people might me into that and that's their business, more power to them but me? NO, NO, NO!!!

They ruined my Christmas book...

p.s. I'm not gonna rate it because I did
BWT (Belen)
3.5 Stars

Cute, if improbable, holiday tale that made me go "aw".

I liked the characters, loved the schmaltzy love.

I would have liked for the sexy times that were there to have been a bit more descriptive, but it was still lovely and hot.
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
4 Sleigh Rides on Prism Book Alliance

This started out rather slow, while simultaneously passing through two-plus months of time by the end of chapter one. The bright spot were the scenes between Arthur and his nephew Thomas, and Gabriel with Grandma Cory, aka Corrina Anderson. Sort of a jumbled set up that probably could have been more tightly woven. Twas a bit scattered.

By chapter three, things started to pick up. Both Gabriel and Arthur have some humorous one-liners. It did help that the sto
Erika
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance, auto-buy

3.75 stars full of awwwwwwwwww!

Ok, ok fine. I'm the first person to admit that I'm normally the biggest Scrooge but that was super duper extra sweet and I thoroughly enjoyed it. There were parts that were a little too preachy and felt like the author was having her characters speak more to her readers than to each other, but otherwise this was an excellent example of fluffy done right.

This book was also very light on the kink but made up for it by making me cry over a certain library scene that
Candice
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be honest, I didn't think I would like this as much as the first one. I wasn't really a fan of Arthur and Paul in the first book. Their sexcapades rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.

BUT, I am glad to say I adored this! I really wished that more kinky times were to be had. After the first time they rarely had any :(

Now for Gabriel. LOVED him. I want him. If he was my librarian when I was a kid I would have been at the library more. Holy wow. FANTASTIC! I did find Arthur and Gabriel got
♥♥ Serious About ...: Group Series Read - Sleigh Ride Dec 5th to 13th 38 24 Dec 09, 2014 10:56AM

• Merry Gentlemen
  • Christmas Kitsch
  • Unwrapping Hank (Unwrapping Hank, #1)
  • The Trouble With Elves
  • Gaudete
  • The Working Elf Blues
  • The Boy Who Belonged (Boy, #2)
  • Comfort and Joy
  • Feathers From the Sky
  • Bad Behavior  (Bad in Baltimore, #5)
  • Grumble Monkey and the Department Store Elf
  • Men Under the Mistletoe
  • The Holiday Hoax
  • Christmas Delights
  • Rebound (Heartwarming)
  • I Heard Him Exclaim
  • The Family We're Born With (Finding Family, #1)
  • David's Selfie
Heidi Cullinan has always enjoyed a good love story, provided it has a happy ending. Proud to be from the first Midwestern state with full marriage equality, Heidi is a vocal advocate for LGBT rights. She writes positive-outcome romances for LGBT characters struggling against insurmountable odds because she believes there’s no such thing as too much happy ever after. When Heidi isn't writing, she ...more

Minnesota Christmas (4 books)
  • Let It Snow (Minnesota Christmas, #1)
  • Winter Wonderland (Minnesota Christmas, #3)
  • Santa Baby (Minnesota Christmas #4)
“Every book is a revolution. Books are our ticket out of boredom, despair, loneliness—but also ignorance.” 10 likes
“a wall of heat. The furnace had to be turned up almost to eighty,” 1 likes