Start by marking “Forever Right Now” as Want to Read:
Forever Right Now

Forever Right Now

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  4,333 Ratings  ·  588 Reviews
Darlene Montgomery has been to hell and back…more than once. After a stint in jail for drug possession, she is finally clean and ready to start over. Yet another failed relationship is just the motivation she needs to move from New York to San Francisco with the hopes of resurrecting her dance career and discovering that she is more than the sum of her rap sheet. As Darlen ...more
Published October 24th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Forever Right Now, please sign up.

Emma Scott Heya! Thanks for the question. Olivia did speak in a full sentence in the epilogue and she counted to 20 and recited her ABCs, in order to show her…moreHeya! Thanks for the question. Olivia did speak in a full sentence in the epilogue and she counted to 20 and recited her ABCs, in order to show her range. But she didn't have much dialogue other than that. She learned to walk prior to the events of the book as she is 13 months when it began and already walking. My own girls walked around 11 1/2 months and one year, so I based Olivia's walking off of that. :) (less)

Emma Scott
Jun 07, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
.•.•*)✯ .•*)
✮ (.•✶The single dad and the dancer...✶

"Forever Right Now is full of heart and soul--rarely does a book impact me like this one did. Emma Scott has a new forever fan in me." --New York Times bestselling author of Archer's Voice, Mia Sheridan

It's live and FREE on KU!!!
Amazon US:
Amazon Universal:

Teaser by Luna Sol

teaser by Astrid of Vanilla & Spice

teaser by Becca Zsurkan

"Who are you?" he demanded rudely, shifting the diaper
5+ stars!!!

Emma Scott slays me with her words. I mean, just when I think I can’t love her books more, she writes this gem. Forever Right Now is a stunning, heartfelt, and unforgettable story.

Although Forever Right Now is a stand-alone, you meet Darlene as one of Beckett’s best friends in The Butterfly Project. As it was one of my favorite books this year, I was dying for this book since the moment I heard it was being written. Darlene is a character who is easy to love, at least she was for me.
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cr, just-sad, hot

For readers 18 and up;

writes stories that either makes me cry or makes me feel like crying at some point.

The stories are realistic and things that happens in her stories feels real and can happen. I also do not do this eye roll while reading her novels thinking not this again!

If you haven't read her novel's yet I will recommend Emma's books.

Darlene also was featured in the Butterfly project, but you do not need to read that book to read this one, but I will highly recommend that you
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
*****4.5 STARS*****

Find this review and a lot of other stuff at

I’ve worried for quite sometime now that the day would come where I wouldn’t enjoy an Emma Scott book. I’m always anxious when I start reading her stories. The struggle is real. My head goes. . .Please let me like it! Please let me like it!

I smiled, I laughed, I cried – happy and sad tears – I felt everything.

I’ll start with the beautiful, Darlene. We were first introduced to Darlene in The Butterfly Effect.
Jeannine Allison
4.25 stars...

I've been ready for Darlene's story (which is a standalone) since the moment she was introduced in The Butterfly Project. I'm pretty sure I messaged Emma while still reading it, begging for her story... and ES was shocked, she said she didn't see Darlene as a leading lady 😭😭 As an author I can understand not having that connection, so I just took my sad, battered heart and went on my way...

But the world must love me because ES changed her mind, and I was SO fucking excited. AND THEN
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

She gave a little gasp and her lips parted for me. I deepened the kiss, while wondering how I’d lived twenty-four years without having kissed her before.

Kissing Darlene was kissing all of her. I tasted the sweetness of her, the energy she put into her art. Her breath suffused my mouth and I inhaled her.

This is life.

Emma Scott is one of those authors that I categorize as phenomenal. Her storytelling ability is simply pure genius. Just pick up
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
I so needed this book. I needed the heart, the sweet, the love, I needed the beauty of how this author writes. I loved it❣❣

This exceptionally stunning book captured not just my attention, but my heart too. I have learned that with an Emma Scott book, it's a guarantee I'll have a new book boyfriend at the end of it. Every time =))

Sawyer Haas. So many words come to mind to explain the beauty, the sweetness, his protectiveness, his loyalty, the way he loves. I can literally keep going. He's simpl
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛

FOREVER RIGHT NOW: Is a standalone contemporary romance novel by new to me author Emma Scott.

Darlene Montgomery is ready to start a new chapter in her life and leave her addiction well behind her by leaving New York and moving to a whole new city. She’s landed a job in a prestigious massage parlour and maybe just maybe dancing will reappear back in her life.

Her first encounter with her hot neighbour doesn't go as well as one would expect, he was a total jerk but Darlene being who she is di
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“…telling you not to love is like depriving a flower of sunlight. You aren’t meant to be contained, Darlene.”

WOW! Emma Scott has seriously done it again with this phenomenal story. There is a reason why she is one of my all-time favourite authors; she just has this amazing artistry for creating stories that I feel deep in my core with characters that are positively unforgettable. I have decided that I’m not going to go into the ins and outs of this story with this review, because you just se
Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆
✮✮✮ 5 STARS ✮✮✮

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

When one of your favorite authors writes a new book, as a blogger and fan you drop everything and free up time to read and review. I almost didn't read this one, bad blogger and fan, bad. True story. But I came to my senses and I'm not above begging for an ARC, so that's what I did.

We met Darlene in The Butterfly Project when she was at her lowest - an overdose that almost killed her forced her to take a hard look at her life, get clean and tak
Robin Hill
6 stars. Easily.

I’m stubborn, and I REFUSE to pick a book over RUSH because that was my first. But…if I did, it would be this one. Personal bias aside, I think it might be her best.

I am a true sucker for single dad romances and FRN did not disappoint. I fell in love with Darlene in The Butterfly Project. I really wasn’t expecting to love her more, but I did. Sawyer calls her a tornado, and that is the perfect word to describe her. A complex but beautiful mix of vulnerable and invincible, she wi
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Even though I felt the story was a tad too cloying not to mention boring, I still think it's definitely a case of "it's me and not the book".
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦You know, even though this isn't technically a tear jerker and there is a HEA...........

➦Emma knows how to hit us where it hurts...

➦And even when I was happy for the characters that didn't stop me from....

➦For a competent review, please check out my blog wifie's: HERE
Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
I’m content. I’m emotional and feeling it all after finishing Forever Right Now by Emma Scott. But that’s not surprising. Scott’s work and storytelling always brings me so much joy and feels. This slow burn love story is masterly created and depicted. I was fully invested in this story almost immediately. Darlene and Sawyer’s story.

I don’t know what it is but every one of Scott’s characters not only from this book but from her other ones as well resonates with me. Her characterization, her narr
UPDATE: Now FREE on Kindle Unlimited!!!

***5 Stars!!!***

*Thank you so much to Emma Scott for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review!!!

THIS BOOK! THIS BOOK! As you probably know from my previous reviews, I am a HUGE Emma Scott fan and this book can tell you exactly why.

“‘When I’m with you, I see something real. For the first time in my life, I want whatever we have to be real.'”

Right from the beginning, I knew I was going to love this book because I had already fallen in l
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual

Darlene Montgomery moved to a new city for a fresh start. With a dark past she rather forget, she worked hard to leave it behind. But things became harder when her new neighbor had the power to complicate her life.

Sawyer Haas had a bright future ahead of him. But in a blink of an eye, his life came to a screeching halt. With a baggage in tow, he tried his best to stay on course but sometimes, life's lesson is best learned
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet read with lovable characters!
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I really loved this h! I gave her 5 stars which I hardly ever do, especially because I am usually tougher on my hs. I enjoyed the H and his daughter too, but I didn't feel as connected with Sawyer as I was with Darlene. I was also a little thrown off with how they progressed to being in love. It felt a little out of nowhere for me tbh. It definitely felt like a friendship was formed, but the jump to "ILYs" didn't feel right to me for some reason. Maybe it was that I di
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"

Sorry but once more I will battle with my review. I am so overwhelmed right now.

I found the book toppling Full Tilt off its pedestal and I never thought it would happen one day. Emma wrote something raw, emotional, gorgeous, brilliant in its shadows and deeply human battles.

It’s been an endless emotional onslaught…

Emma gave us exceptional characters. I will speak of them aplenty. They would have been more than enough to make for a brilliant story but she put twists I never saw coming. Thi
Dee Montoya
All The Stars**********************

Another epic novel by Author Emma Scott that feels like a beautiful hug to the soul. Forever Right Now is a story about second chances. Every character in this story carries some kind of disappointment, either against others o themselves, but through unexpected love, they will be experience miracles that will make them forgive and learn to accept that there's also good, even when all they could see was bad circumstances.

Darlene moves to San Francisco in searc
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 Forever Stars

Emma Scott has done it again....An Epic Beautiful Love Story that touches your heart and lightens the world. A Second Chance at life and at love because life isn’t always black or white. Mistakes are usually represented in shades of grey that throw off the color scheme of life. Forgiveness, truths and trust are keys to second chances and beginning again. But starting over is never’s frightening and they are many opportunities to fail but with determination and help....
Alex ♈
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4.5 stars <3

Such a beautiful story, I adored Forever Right Now.From the very beginning Emma Scott managed to make me feel like I'm a part of this story.I loved everything about it, it was emotional and heartwarming .

Both characters were unique and original.Darlene is such a strong heroine, I could easily connect with her.Sawyer is hard to like at the beginning but you can understand why he is a little bit difficult and once you learn more about him you fall in love with him.I loved that we h
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars.

Forever Right Now is my sixth read from Emma Scott and once again she has impressed me, creating a memorable story focussing on friendship, trust and hope, driven by two individuals who are coping with the hands life has dealt them, the best they can.

Whilst entirely a standalone read, for readers who have experienced The Butterfly Project , Darlene Montgomery will be no stranger and, having battled the worst of her demons, she’s starting afresh in San Francisco where she soon meets
When I go into an Emma Scott book I'm SALIVATING for the feels she's going to give me, but sadly this one lacked those feels. I struggled with the pacing of the first half, I found it slow. Loved it once the pacing kicked it up several notches in the second half. Loved the characters, love how Sawyer was with Livvi, my heart was mush.

This was a sweet, gentle read sans the huge dollop of Emma Scott feels and angst I'd hoped for.
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 “Tornado” Stars

Forever Right Now is such a sweet and emotional love story. The cover is pretty perfect for the story and Ms. Scott’s words are like a balm on my heart. Darlene and Sawyer’s story was a slow burn. It developed each character at perfectly paced increments so that not only did I get amazing chemistry between them, but I really connected with each character separately as well. This is honestly more than a romance. It was a story that built on relationships, both primary and seconda
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it so much....thats why Emma is one of my fav authors😍😍😍😍😍
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Do you ever wish you could take a moment and keep it forever? Like right now… how you taste in my mouth, and your hands on me, and your eyes, God, Sawyer the way you’re looking at me…

Forever Right Now came to me at the most opportune time, having just finished my most intense read prior to start this review copy, I needed something light to follow and it totally hit the spot in that regard.

This is my second read by Emma Scott and I understand a lot of the appeal many of my r
R. Kitt
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-romance, 2017
3.5 Stars

23 year old Darlene Montgomery has been free of drugs in her system for a year, and she tells herself she's okay, but there is no way to paint over the reckless decisions that landed her in jail for three months, or the OD on New Year's Eve that could have ended her life.
She packs up from New York to San Francisco to start fresh, to avoid relationships, like the ones she's pushed through in the past, though they always went nowhere. When she meets Sawyer, a guy living in the same buildi
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
🌟🌟4 Solid Stars!🌟🌟

I feel like every time I pick up a Emma Scott book I can tell her writing just gets better and better. I knew when I started this one I had to make sure I wouldn't be interrupted too much because Emma draws you in BIG TIME with her stories. I can imagine being in her home and Emma saying to me, "Come here, sit down, I've got a story to tell you." And I must say the woman can tell a mean story!

I don't how else to say it, except that this was such a beautiful, healing, redemptive
Team Player: a Christmas Anthology
Available now!

February, 2018
In Harmony

Summer, 2018
Bring Down the Stars (Beautiful Hearts #1)

Long Live the Beautiful Hearts (Beautiful Hearts #2)

You can follow me on all the places...

Super-cute NON SPAMMY newsletter:

author page:

Reader group: https://www.face
More about Emma Scott...

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
“I will always be an addict even if you put the word ‘recovering’ in front of it. I will always have to work ten times as hard to be trusted, to be trustworthy but that’s the price I have to pay for my mistakes.” 5 likes
“Acceptance is a kind of love too.” 5 likes