Start by marking “Miss Frost Cracks A Caper (Jayne Frost, #4)” as Want to Read:
Miss Frost Cracks A Caper (Jayne Frost, #4)

Miss Frost Cracks A Caper

(Jayne Frost #4)

Welcome to Nocturne Falls, the town that celebrates Halloween 365 days a year.
Jayne Frost is a lot of things. Winter elf, Jack Frost's daughter, Santa Claus's niece, heir to the Winter Throne and now...private investigator. Sort of.
When Lark Bramble, an old frenemy, shows up in Nocturne Falls, Jayne finds herself reliving the painful past and trying to make responsible d
Published October 3rd 2017 by Sugar Skull Books

To ask other readers questions about Miss Frost Cracks A Caper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Frost Cracks A Caper

Amy
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
I have previously done a few reviews based on the books set in Nocturne Falls but here’s a quick recap of the place… Nocturne Falls, the town that celebrates Halloween 365 days a year. It was set up by the Vampire family the Ellingham’s (Initially Grandmother Elanora Ellingham, and her 3 grandsons) so that supernaturals could live in their true forms, all the while convincing the ‘norms’ (normal magic free people) that it is all an elaborately set, quirky, tourist trap. Thus, the town makes mone ...more
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
I love this series and this book is no exception. There is so much going on I don’t want to say too much. I will say that I couldn’t put the book down because I had to know what was going to happen next. I really like these characters and can’t wait to read what happens next.

I received a copy of this book from the author,my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Lexxi Kitty
This specific series book starts immediately . . . adjacent to the previous series book. I mean, literally. Hmm. Does literally work here? What does the word ‘adjacent’ mean again? Mmphs.

The previous book ended with ‘someone from the past’ turning up right when the book was ending. This book picks up that same scene – reprints it, and adds a few . . . hundred more pages.

The ex-best friend from college (well, later learned they grew up together, but they didn’t become friends until college, or a
Myriam
Shelves: kristen-painter
This is the best Jayne Frost so far! So much happens in this book! First of all, the book continues immediately at the point where the last book ended with an explosive twist. Infamous Lark is in Nocturne Falls, and she seems to be a changed person. Or is she? In any case, she is here, she is famous and people are eager to see her.
There is a big event happening in Nocturne Falls, celebrity guest attending, we get to meet Jayne’s mother and aunt, and some crazy villains and incidents. There is so
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Miss Frost Cracks a Caper by Kristen Painter

4th in the paranormal mystery series set in the town of Nocturne Falls where everyday is celebrated as Halloween.

Over and above solving mysteries as kind of a hobby, Jayne Frost manages the Christmas shop in town. She also has two men fighting for her time and attention. When the men are called away and unable to attend the Black and Orange Ball, Sinclair the necromancer steps up to escort Jayne.
Jayne has a new man in her life now. And donuts.

This b
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
This was definitely an intriguing read! An amusing, light-hearted, mystery caper with a fun twist, there were great characters and a sweet romance! Fun, fun read!
Deniz
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars

So I enjoyed the mystery and the writing style, which is what I love about the Jayne Frost Series.
Nothing has changed in the fourth installment, when it comes to that. But the "low"rating is rather connected to the storyline, more specifically to the romance.

Let's first take a look on the things I like, then I can knit-pick through what I didn't
Like I already said, and keep saying. This is well written. Painter is a talented writer and I adore the world building of the series.
This is
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
*Sigh* After four books of hoping for any romantic movement towards one of her suiters, this books gives answers if not true closure or even resolution. (view spoiler) ...more
● ᴢᴏᴇʏ ●
Perhaps I have reader-PTSD from too many Sarah J. Mass books, but I hate when romantic interests switch mid-series. Can't we pick a significant other and explore life happily alongside them? I realize that's not exceptionally realistic, but clearly (considering my reading history) I'm not in this for the realism. I get enough of that every day.

The two shucked boyfriends seemed more like servants than dating partners...? And this girl has basically everything - it's difficult to identify with her
Diane ~Firefly~
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jayne's college roommate (who broke her and Cooper up) comes to town to DJ a big ball and Jayne is trying to be adult about it. But it gets difficult when both of Jayne's dates end up cancelling but she soon meets a new guy who takes her. But then something goes wrong at the ball and Jayne feels responsible to find the culprit.

(view spoiler)
Ann Brookens
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Jayne Frost! In this book, Jayne ends up dating THREE guys...and solves another mystery. Early on, I thought I knew how the story was going to go, but what I really love about Kristen Painter is that she surprises me every time! Another EXCELLENT book!
A.J. Llewellyn
I have raved about this series to everyone I know. Kristen Painter is an insta-buy for me but this was a very disappointing book. Very unrealistic. I find it hard to believe two suitors put up with her dating both of them - without sex for over a year - and then....ugh. I won't spoil it but I will just say I found my attention drifting. Waaaaay too much detail about her food intake and very sultry descriptions of sugary meals...but nothing close to it in relation to her romances. Once again the ...more
Melanie
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 4th book in the Nocturne Falls adjacent series (I say adjacent because it isn't so much a spin-off to me, but a series of new stories following one main set of characters as opposed to the regular NF books which is a new couple each novel and all can be read as stand alones).   As followers of my reviews know I don't give spoilers but this is one time where I REALLY want to ... but don't worry ... I won't.  Let me just say that those people following this series will not be disappoin ...more
Lisa Guertin
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best in the series so far!

I love the Jayne Frost book and enjoy the mystery in each one. This latest in the series is so wonderful. No spoilers, but the plot twist at the end totally turns the series on end in a great way.
Sally906
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kobo, nocturne-falls
The best Jane Frost book ever! So glad to hear Book 5 is being written!
Hsu Lee
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC - I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
I don't know where to start.
There were so many things going on in this book.
Lark is back to try to make amends, or is she ?
Jayne's love life take an unexpected turn to the right or to the left ?

I would love to read more about Jayne's family.
Isn't time for her dad or uncle to show up on Nocturne Falls?
Jayne is royalty, but she is treated more like the favorite daughter.
I would like to see how they would
Judy Lewis
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DELIGHTFULLY ENTERTAINING !!!
Title: Miss Frost Cracks A Caper
Series: Jayne Frost (A Nocturne Falls Mystery)
Author: Kristen Painter
Designation: Book 4 of Series, Cozy Paranormal Mystery, Standalone Novel, NO Cliffhanger
My Rating: FIVE DELIGHTFULLY ENTERTAINING STARS*****
I love, love, love Kristen Painter and totally smitten with her Nocturne Falls Mystery spinoff series, Jayne Frost! I fell head over heels for Painter's work several years ago after reading The Vampire's Mail Order Bride, the firs
Marishka
Debbie
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I can’t say I liked this book as much as the previous in the series. There was more darkness, less bubbly. Still well-written. Surely an important segue in Jayne’s life. We’ll see how things go from here.
wonderfullyweird88
I am a huge fan of this series and devour each book in one sitting. Ms Painter is a wordsmith and her ability to craft three-dimensional characters is inspiring.

This book continues immediately on from the previous instalment. As this is a series I don't want to give too much away. There is a new love interest for Jayne in this instalment and we do have movement on the love- triangle she has found herself in.

The Mystery is slow to occur but when it does there are plenty of twists and turns to k
Aurialis
Aug 05, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bleh
Tina
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anna
Well... I've liked these books before and the problems with Jayne and dating continued in this one... I like the writing, I love the setting and the town and the people, but I have real issues with this dating style. If Jayne was polyamorous and the guys totally ok with everything, then it would be a different thing, but this is just not ok.

(view spoiler)
Stephenee
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read all of the Nocturne Falls books and their spin offs and they just keep getting better and better! Author Kristen Painter creates a world that the reader NEVER wants to leave! They love the town, the atmosphere, the characters and most of all the epic Halloween fun! I really, really wish that this were an actual place because I want to live there and never leave!

This book is about Jayne Frost- Jack Frost's princess daughter and niece of Santa...yeah...she is epic! This book focuses on
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book; this book is the fourth book in the Jayne Frost series written by Kristen Painter. Jayne Frost lives in Nocturne Falls, the town celebrates Halloween 365 days a year. Jayne is a winter elf, Jack Frost’s daughter and Santa Claus’s niece. Jayne is shocked when she sees Lark Bramble, her old frenemy show up in Nocturne Falls. Finally at peace with where things stand between her and Lark, Jayne thinks everything’s cool until a chilling event at the Black and Orange Ball shatter ...more
Suzan
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book, although parts were bittersweet, like with Cooper getting bad news about his mum and he and Jayne breaking up (even if he said it was just temporary) because I still kind of like him and Jayne as a couple. Wasn't as sad about Greyson and Jayne though because as much as I love Greyson (and I do!) I never really saw him and Jayne as a couple, I think it shows in this book giving how different his and Coopers reasons for leaving town and missing the Black & Orange ball were.
I r
Nicole Krause
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My absolute favorite book by far. Yes, I know... I say that every time, but this time I mean it! (OK, I say that every time too, but it's not my fault Kristin Painter outdoes herself with every book.)
Don't expect Jayne's life to get any easier in book 4. Her college bestie turned enemy, Lark, is back to make amends, or is she? She couldn't be trusted before, can a snow leopard really change it's spots? To make matters worse, Lark is set to DJ the biggest bash in Nocturne Falls, the Black and Ora
Christine Lee
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miss Frost Cracks a Caper is Kristen Painters 4th entry in the Jayne Frost Series.

Another doozy!

Jayne's past catches up with her when her ex-best frenemy, Lark, comes to town. So does Jayne's mother and aunt, the Queen of Winter, and Mrs. Kringle, Santa's wife.

They all attend the annual Black and Orange Ball when something goes haywire with Lark's magic, and everyone's best jewelry, including the Winter Royalties tiaras and best jewels. Jayne has to find out who is behind this caper before her
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Skeleton Makes a Friend (Family Skeleton Mystery #5)
  • Murder in the Reading Room (Book Retreat Mysteries #5)
  • Total Eclipse of The Hunt (The Happily Everlasting Series, #5)
  • Megan (Sunfire, #16)
  • Winter Heart
  • Mr. Peabody's House (Werewolves, Vampires and Demons, Oh My, #2)
  • Curses and Cupcakes (The Happily Everlasting Series, #6)
  • Cat's Paw
  • The Phoenix Illusion (SPI Files #6)
  • Magic's Fate (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • A Dragon Speaks Her Name  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • The Fortuneteller's Folly  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • My Sparkling Misfortune (The Lakeland Knight #1)
  • Witchnapped in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau, #1)
  • Keep on Haunting (Haunted Tour Guide Mystery, #7)
  • Jennie (Sunfire, #31)
  • The Doctor Falls For Her Gargoyle  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Freaky Rites (A Mystic Caravan Mystery, #6)
Kristen Painter likes to balance her obsessions with shoes and cats by making the lives of her characters miserable and surprising her readers with interesting twists. She currently writes award-winning paranormal romance and cozy mysteries. The former college English teacher can often be found on twitter @Kristen_Painter, Facebook at www.facebook.com/KristenPainterAuthor where she loves to intera ...more

Jayne Frost (6 books)
  • Miss Frost Solves a Cold Case (Jayne Frost, #1)
  • Miss Frost Ices The Imp : A Nocturne Falls Mystery (Jayne Frost #2)
  • Miss Frost Saves The Sandman: A Nocturne Falls Mystery (Jayne Frost, #3)
  • Miss Frost Braves the Blizzard (Jayne Frost, #5)
  • Miss Frost Chills The Cheater (Jayne Frost, #6)
“Would you like a girlfriend named Sugar? I bet she would think you’re the most handsome kitty she’s ever seen.” “What’s girlfriend?” “You know. A friend who’s a girl. And a cat. Like Mama has Cooper and Greyson who are boys who are friends.” He blinked up at me as I carried him to the bedroom. “Vampire girl?” “Nope, just a cat. A lady cat. She’s very pretty. I’ve seen pictures.” “Spider have to share bowl?” I snort-laughed. “No, she has her own bowl. You don’t have to share.” I put him on the bed. He stretched, then flopped down. “Okay girlfriend. Maybe. No sharing.” 1 likes
“He kneaded his front feet on the floor in a little dance, which was so cute it hurt. “Spider loves Chicken Party.” 0 likes