Start by marking “Unlocking Shadows (Keys to Love, #4)” as Want to Read:
Unlocking Shadows (Keys to Love, #4)

Unlocking Shadows

(Keys to Love #4)

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  48 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Gwen Kendall spent ten years in the Navy and used the last four to create a life for herself she could be proud of away from the confines of her overprotective family. Being the only woman in the Kendall clan tended to be a bit overwhelming at times.

Chad Schaeffer had been hired on to help restore an old farmhouse for one of the returning Kendall siblings. He’d heard abou
Published September 18th 2018 by Kennedy Layne Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Unlocking Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unlocking Shadows

Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf http://bookaddict.live,
In this exciting instalment of the Keys to Love Series as we are getting closer to the killer. This time its super-efficient Gwen Kendall that comes home to Bythe Lake, and gets the keys to her homestead.
The difference with Gwen is that she left the Navy four .years previously, and has a successful business in the city which she is now opening her in Blythe Lake now she is home.
Now her brother Noah is in construction, they have been using Chad Schaeffer
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Aaaand my book funk continues with the penultimate book in the Keys to love series. I am a big fan of the series and I am not happy that I couldn't muster enough excitement for this book. I read the story easily, but I wasn't invested in it and I felt like nothing exciting happened like it did with the other books. There were some revelations about the past and the victims and I wasn't shaken. The book wasn't bad and the main characters had a good romance going on, but I just wasn't in the mood ...more
Dimple
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I loved Unlocking Shadows, the fourth installment in the Keys to Love series. While I would recommend reading the books in order, you could easily jump into the series and pick up here (but why would you?!)

After her military service ends and she's spent time building her thriving business, the prodigal daughter has returned. Gwen Kendall has finally returned, just like her mother always wanted. Nothing would've pleased get mother more than having all her kids living, and loving, nearby in Blythe
Johnaka
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unlocking Shadows by Kennedy Layne
“Victim or survivor? 5 stars”

Gwen is finally coming home after years of being away. She left her hometown without a backwards glance and made a name for herself. Now she’s moving home and wishes she had done it a little sooner. What Gwen isn’t excited about is a serial killer among the towns people with no idea who it is. But there’s something you need to know about Gwen, she will never be anyone’s victim.
Chad wishes he could avoid the Kendall’s, not because the
Lynn Reynolds
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Our author starts us right off the bat with some suspense. So all you can do is buckle up for a bumpy ride.

Gwen Kendall has come home. So you may want to start with book one to understand her family. Another is because of the mystery that filters from one story to the next. Chad Schaeffer has an attitude but it’s all a misunderstanding. Just like our mystery, their relationship takes time.

There are hooks that writers use to get us to watch series on television and the same can
Kari Hansen
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gwen was raised in a family of overprotective brothers so after she left her career in the Navy four years ago she decided to remain in the city and has built a successful business for herself. She is now returning to her hometown and is looking forward to renovating her new home.

Chad is not sure he wants to work on Gwen’s house as whenever the Kendall’s need to renovate a house surprises seem to arise, and they aren’t necessarily good. When he sees Gwen, he changes his mind, and is more than h
Kali McQuillen
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read, 2018-arc
Even though this is the first book in this series that I've read, I wasn't lost and I want to read the rest now. Gwen finally moves home after her years in the service and starting her own company. Her family wants to coddle her and have her stay at the homestead instead of move to her own house. She's a strong, independent woman and doesn't take any crap from her family.

Her house is under renovation by Chad and boy has he changed from what she remembers from school. Even though he's 2 years you
Jo
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Public Service Announcement (again) - I strongly suggest that you read the previous  books in the series before getting started with this - you may be confused by the cast of characters and and the plot references otherwise.

So, what does this chapter in the story give us?  Still no answers.  Tension ramping up.  Suspects galore.  Another sibling finding love.  This time, Gwen.

As with all the tales in this series, the romance doesn't play second fiddle to the overarching plot arc, yet the charact
Konny
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unlocking Shadows by Kennedy Layne is book four in her Keys to Love Series. Every book in the series can easily be read as standalone.
The previous books are Unlocking Fear; Unlocking Secrtes; Unlocking Lies.

Unlocking Shadows is Gwen and Chads story.
Gwen is ex-military, now shes home for good and tries to build a new life. She and her siblings are all together back in her hometown in Ohio.
When dead girls show up, Gwen becomes prey and gets haunted. But by whom? Seems a serial killer is on the los
Ani
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kennedy Layne just bagged herself a new follower!

This is the fourth instalment in the Key to Love series but I read it as a stand-alone. Not only did I thoroughly enjoy the story and the way it was written, I was never left feeling I had missed out on anything. I want to go back and read one to three entirely for my own pleasure and can only imagine the extra depth it will give the story.

Although there are a few very minor continuity points, the whole book left me just wanting more of the Kend
Felice Foster
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The suspense is KILLING me!!! Unlocking Shadows is the 4th book in the Keys to Love series. This book is centered around Gwen and Chad. Their chemistry is instant and you can feel the tension between the two leap off the page. Gwen's character is written as a strong woman who takes charge, but also doesn't have a problem when asking for help, if needed.

So many reveals in this book and yet so many questions as well. It seems the entire town of Blythe Lake is under suspicion for the murders of the
Carolyn
The Mystery Continues!

All of the kids are back in town. Poor Gwen is still being watched over by her brothers and dealing with coming home to a small town and all that involves. Chad is renovating her house and has to deal with his brothers too. There is instant chemistry between these two. This book had me on the edge of my seat waiting for the bad guy to attack (we all know something is going to happen) and when he does, it’s big. The description of small town life and an only girl in a family
Leah
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Only girl in the family, Gwen Kendall finally comes home in book 4 in the Keys to Love series. She looks to Chad Schaeffer to help remodel her new home and sparks fly right away. The Kendall’s seem to have been drawn into the crosshairs of a murderer but Gwen refuses to let that stop her from going on with her life. The killer is still out there… lurking in the shadows… an action packed book that gives us more of the Kendall family. I can’t wait for the conclusion of this series.
Jacqueline
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Keys to Love series continues with Unlocking Shadows. The FBI has taken over the investigation, but Mitch is holding his own. I love that the family is all home now. Gwen is a kick butt heroine, and she finds love with a boy from her childhood. More secrets are revealed, and I am dying to know how the series is going to end! Unlocking Shadows is sexy and suspenseful. You are going to fly right through this book.
Toi
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Exciting

This books gives you love, secrets and intrigue it's the fourth book in the series and I'd suggest that you read them in order as it's help with knowing what's going on and I can't wait to see who the killer is it's driving me crazy. Gwen comes home after 12 years where she meets Chad at her house (he's doing the renovation for her, but also, works with her brother), one thing leads to another and the attraction they both feel grows.
Poppy
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kennedy-layne
The chase is cranking up ten gears!

Gwen, my heroine! The only Kendall sister was just what my Queen of Security ordered.

From the moment she aired, the chemistry between her and Chad was electric!

I love this little town and it’s community, not so much this deranged killer!

Who is Irish tho? I need more answers!

As always with Kennedy, the story line is gripping, gets this togs working overtime!

Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book, I’ve been counting down to it’s release day. I devoured it...

It did feel rushed, and could have used more detail. Major plot points were skimmed over it just casually mentioned.

Also, in a few points of the book Gwen was Grace, which annoyed me.

Overall, I did love the book and I look forward to the 5th book coming out.
Lori
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Worthy read

Another good installment although it lacked some of the tension the other books had. I was also distracted by errors. Twice the name Grace was used instead of Gwen. The other error was saying 5 brothers instead of 4.
Alayna
Omg

This book is party of a series and the suspense/mystery is so high! I can not wait to read the last book and see how it ends
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG Can I wait until the next book, no I can't I need it now!

A tantalising book, that has kept me on the edge of my seat. Gwen and Chad's love story was delightful. A great book!
Stephanie Pugh
Margaret Park
Oct 28, 2018
Elene Wood
Sep 21, 2018
Kennedy Layne is a USA Today bestselling author. She draws inspiration for her military romantic suspense novels in part from her not-so-secret second life as a wife of a retired Marine Master Sergeant. He doubles as her critique partner, beta reader, and military consultant. They live in the Midwest with their teenage son and menagerie of pets. The loyal dogs and mischievous cats appreciate her w ...more

Keys to Love (5 books)
  • Unlocking Fear (Keys to Love, #1)
  • Unlocking Secrets (Keys to Love, #2)
  • Unlocking Lies (Keys to Love, #3)
  • Unlocking Darkness (Keys to Love #5)