Start by marking “One Night at Finn's (Finn's Pub Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
One Night at Finn's (Finn's Pub Romance, #1)

One Night at Finn's

(Finn's Pub Romance #1)

This is an alternate cover edition of ASIN B075ZHQ8Z3.

**A standalone romance from the Finn Factor World of New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author R.G. Alexander.**
Ever been on a bad date? Hold my beer…

My dry spell isn’t voluntary. It just happened. Or didn’t happen. And then... it didn’t happen some more.

I’m not saying I’m looking for perfection, but is
Published September 27th 2017

Start your review of One Night at Finn's (Finn's Pub Romance, #1)
Sanaa
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Tale of woe aside, my dry spell isn’t voluntary. I didn’t make a vow of celibacy as an act of self-flagellation in remembrance of that dill-hole Rod. It just happened. Or didn’t happen. And then it didn’t happen some more. In fact, it’s been not happening for so long I’m worried it might be a permanent condition.

When that's one of the first things you read in a book, you know it's going to be an amazingly hilarious book. And boy oh boy was it ever. My only regret is that I should
Susan
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a nice surprise! This was funny with a sweet romance and some crazy hot dirty talk.

JD doesn’t believe in love at first sight. Or even lust at first sight. That’s why he is very surprised to stop in his tracks when he sees the gorgeous older man across the bar one night. JD likes his favourite bar even more now. When he gets introduced through mutual acquaintances, he finds out the guy’s name is Carter, and he’s a former drill sergeant.

But when the night ends JD still hasn’t got his phon
Chris
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was absolutely gorgeous and just what I needed today. A couple of hot guys ... a low angst story and A sweet warm romance
Denise H.
Loved the older/younger and snarky, funny banter !
* JD, 26, with long light brown hair,

is a writer/columnist looking for love. He's smart, funny, an was raised in an amazing, loving foster home with 9 foster brothers.
* U.S. Marine, Master Sergeant Carter Willis, 43, is a silver fox, strong, tough and in charge. Our book cover man...

One night, JD finds Zeus at Finn's Bar, but can't act on the attraction. Problem? Yes, because JD was on a date gone bad. Later, when JD leaves the bar, the "bad
Gigi
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-contemporary
Again, the insta-love was a bit too much for me. Loved the characters (especially the hilarious JD Green) but need more UST.
DW
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-love
JD and Carter were sweet and sexy.❤️
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m

That was a fun read. Kinda of just popped up on my kindle and I took a chance with an author I never read. It was thoroughly entertaining.

I really liked JD's personality. As writer of the Dry Spell Diaries it has been months since he has seen any action but one night at Finn's changes everything.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Price drop to $0.99 at Amazon US, 12/28/17
Adrienne -kocham czytać-
HOLY FUCK! That is what I kept saying (quite loudly) out loud throughout this. You should have seen how wide my eyes were, how my mouth hung open nearly the entire time, and how caught up I was in this sweet, sexy af, beautifully hot ride. And all the laughs! Jeez, JD was absolutely hilarious from right off the bat! Knew then and there that this was going to be golden.

And Green's Marine! If I could pick (haha, autocorrect changed that to "lick"--guess that's also true) just one MC to be my real
W.
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot and Humorous

One Night at Finn's have the right balance of heat and humor.

R.G. Alexander continues expanding The Finn Family awesomeness with her new Finn's Pub series. Seamus's Pub patrons find their favorite gathering spot is the perfect backdrop to flirt, meet and fall in love.

Very entertaining and light hearted story.
LIGHTSONG13
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
True rating ... 4.5 stars :-) ... I am wavering and am considering giving this book a FULL 5 star rating, but there were a few things I would have liked answers to [NOTHING major or anything that impacts the story as a whole] and for now, am sticking with 4.5 stars, which is usually as high as I ever go, so this is still a FANTASTIC rating!! This book was wonderful and I HIGHLY recommend reading it :-)!!

****************
Borrowed from Kindle Unlimited. -- Initially borrowed, but liked it SO much,
BR11
Great start for this novella series that are a spin-off of the author’s Finn series.
Two guys that, on paper, shouldn’t work but together are hot as hell. Loved it!
Recommend.
ReadingAllNite
Funny

JD was hilarious and there was some minor excitement allowing Carter to be high-handed and then JD acts stupid. A little tug on the heartstrings over JD’s past, no clue about Carter’s. Sort of verbal daddy-kink and some sexy smut.
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
re-read 5/13/2020 meh. my mood sucks the life out of books these days.

re-read 10/24/2019

I enjoyed this a bit more this time, but I still felt like both MC had personality changes in the last half of the book. Could just be me🤷🏽‍♀️

—————original review 9/18/2018——————
I loved every minute of the first half of this book. It seemed that pod people had taken over the personalities of both MC after that. I still enjoyed it but not with same enthusiasm as the beginning.

First 50%= five stars
Last 50%= ma
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.3 Stars

Holy crap! Is this what I'm missing not having read only one of the other Finn books? Because if so...I need to rectify this travesty of oversight immediately.
Gustaf
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
1.5 star.

I liked the writing but I didn't connect to a single character in this book.
Ed Davis
This was a five star book turned into a three star book by two things I can’t stand.

First the good stuff. This was an excellent story with an incredible, sexy, irresistible character “Carter.” Wow, retired marine drill sergeant and loyal Dom who wants to care for his man.

The two things I can’t stand are the dreaded inner monologue (JD spends a good 1/3 of the book talking to himself) and characters who do really stupid stuff. JD is supposed to be a smart man. He may be intelligent, but he has
DTM
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it...I'm a big fan of the Finn Factor series and this "spin off" was great...awesome snark/banter, May/December love story...and a visit with many Finn's...You can not go wrong..I highly recommend this one, especially if you loved the Finn Factor series...or even if you haven't read it, and I highly recommend you do...I think this can be read as a standalone!! ...more
Amanda at WickedGoodReads
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this story!!!!

I’ve loved all things Finn but this story, I felt, was special. It wasn’t specifically about A Finn but it was, if I am being honest, my favorite in this series. I loved the heat and the humor!!! Perfection!
Nic
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I must say that I did not read any of the Finn Factor series and now I am leaning towards reading them. This was a great read. It was entertaining, packed nicely filled with a little angst but overall easy to read.
Makhda
This was so good. It was insta lust for both of them. But I was glad they don't just jump each other's bones at first glance. And I loved all the secondary characters. OMG, I'm glad I did give this book a chance. ❤❤❤

I don't think you could read this as standalone. Otherwise, you would be screaming 'who the hell are these people??' 😂😂😂
As a matter of fact, I don't read all of Finn Factors series. But I do read few. Thank goodness, it was enough.
Denise GremoryKohta
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg!!! What a great way to start a spin off series. I love J.D. and Carter. I can’t wait for more. Though I still have more Finns to read about, hint hint. Seriously, I am enjoying these books so much.
Sharon Dunn
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one checked all the boxes!!

I've never meet a Finn book that I didn't love. Even though this one is about a friend of the Finn's, it is still hot, like melt your panties and make you sweat like it is the middle of July in the South HOT!! Advice columnist JD has had a bit of a dry spell with bad dates after the next until his eyes land on a handsome older man that he can't seem to forget about!! If you like your men hot and the scenes hotter, then this is the book for you!!
J. Bailey
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By Far Alexander’s Best Yet

If I stopped and thought super critically about it, I could maybe come up with a criticism or two. But honestly, I’m so freaking in love with this book that it doesn’t even matter. So much voice, so much heart, so much heat. I highlighted passages, and I never do that.

I’m a fan of most of RG Alexander’s books, but this is my favorite by far. ♥️💛💚💙💜
Elizabeth
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Zeus! Why can't all bad dates end like this..to be struck by lightning. To have everything you wanted and some you didn't even know you did, be right in front of yours eyes. To know all those cheesy, corny, awww inspiring movies you grew up with and truly never thought were real life come true. On the worst night JD was struck. ...more
Eolia
Oct 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
I don't know why this is so highly rated. Maybe it's exciting or groundbreaking if you haven't read any m/m romance. There were a lot of extra characters that I didn't know or care about. The book was rather short, but rambling at the same time. I didn't like the "daddy" vibe, or the instalove. More story, less talk about other people. And Toni got off too easy. ...more
Les Joseph
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So. Much. Awesome!!! I LOVED loved loved Carter and JD!! *all the swoony sighs* The only problem? Now I'm done and have to wait for more Finn's. But ... reading this sure made that wait easier! ...more
Cindi
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a feel good story. There’s nothing really overly special about it if I want to be honest. The characters are like characters I see every day in the books I read. But it kept me grinning and I’m still thinking about it long after I finished it. There’s a bit of a mystery, a little violence, a whole lot of well-meaning friends and family, and bunch of Finns.

There's also an age gap and lots of humor - two of my favorite things. An excellent book. This has gone on my all-time favorites list
Shelby
This is another case where the story looses a little something for me because of the insta-love even though I really did enjoy the characters. Honestly this is a pretty high rating for me since it contains two of my least favorite tropes, age gaps and insta-love. But J.D. was just adorable and I loved his humor. Of course the setting of this story helps since I love the Finn's and their crazy world.

Admittedly by the end of this story I really want a spin-off series about all of J.D.'s family. I
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Ranger
  • By the Numbers (Love Logic, #3)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Merry Measure
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Pretty Boy (Perfect Boys #1)
  • Watch Me
  • Saving Jason
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • His Saint (Forever Wilde #5)
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
  • The Fall (Love in O'Leary #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Love Him Breathless (On the Market, #2)
  • Boyfriend 101 (Fever Falls #6)
  • Full Contact (Wrecked: Guardians, #2)
  • The Truth Within (Pelican Bay #3)
R.G. Alexander is a New York Times USA Today Bestselling author who has written over 45 erotic paranormal, contemporary, sci-fi/fantasy books for multiple epublishers and Berkley Heat.

She has lived all over the United States, studied archaeology and mythology, been a nurse, a vocalist, and now a writer who feels lucky everyday that she gets to share her stories with her readers. She loves talking

Finn's Pub Romance (3 books)
  • Two Weeks and a Day (Finn's Pub Romance, #2)
  • Third Time Lucky (Finn's Pub Romance, #3)

News & Interviews

“I volunteer as tribute. Or born again virgin sacrifice. Does Zeus like virgins? What about younger men who are ready, willing and able to worship at his shrine? Or bend over and call him daddy. Whatever he’s into. I’m easy.” 1 likes
“Screw pride, anyway. At least for another day or two, give me a protective Alpha male that smells like sex in the woods and wants to make me dinner.” 1 likes