Start by marking “Deceived (Foolish Hearts, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deceived (Foolish Hearts, #2)

Deceived

(Foolish Hearts #2)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Daphne Chastain is living the dream. Documenting California art and architecture for her coffee-table style book while living in a historical home...what could be better?

Answer: Having an amazingly gorgeous handyman show up on her doorstep.

Caldwell Tate is trying to piece his life back together. Living with his brother after losing his home, he steps in to help him out by
Published November 2017

To ask other readers questions about Deceived, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deceived

Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)
5 Non Deceiving Stars!

Deceived was a totally hot, quick read. This book will have you wanting to have your home remodel in hopes that a Caldwell Tate will show up.

Daphne is a art journalist who just purchased her dream home. However this dream home needs a little works so she give the hightly recommended Ashton Tate of Tate & Sons Construction a call. Little does Daphne know that more than her home is about the get a makeover.

Caldwell is the owner of an art gallery who is currently living
Pelusa Rivera
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Received an ARC at no cost to author on behalf of The Wit and Wonder Agency. It is time to get my home remodeled, but no one but Caldwell can do this job! This was a pretty short book, but nevertheless still fun, and hot. You will love the chemistry between Daphne and Caldwell. Fifi, next one please! Enjoy!
Melissa
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

This was an enjoyable, quick, sweet and sexy story. Both characters were extremely likeable and had hot, explosive chemistry together right from the start. This is the first book that I have read in this series so I am definitely going to go back and read book 1.
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A IRRESISTIBLE HOT, QUICK READ THAT WAS FUN, SWEET AND SEXY! Daphne and Caldwell are stupendous characters! They have great chemistry that sizzle and spark. There are a few characters that cross over in this story but the fact that you can read it as a standalone is great.

Deceived is a charming and entertaining romance. The plot is great and made it super easy to follow the story and made it very enjoyable. The romance sizzles...just the way I like it with my r
M.K.
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Caldwell and Daphne were instantly attracted to each other, but a small deceptionon both their parts threatens to separate them.
Ana Rita
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best word that I can use to describe this lady is Passionate.
Her books, every single one of them, have the ability to hook you up from the first page.
Fifi Flowers has a very detailed writing full of feelings and with some hot stuff into the mix.
I've read a bunch of them and I want more every time.
Deceived is her latest release and tells the stories of Caldwell and Daphne.
Caldwell was tired of being deceived. Every single person that got near him wanted always something in return. Even hi
Michele Del Rey
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This author never writes a bad book. Every book I have read from her has been awesome. This book was no different, this couple was hot and sexy and I enjoyed them through every page, every scene.
Sue
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Deceived by Fifi Flowers is the second book in the Foolish Hearts Series. While it does have a crossover character or two, there is nothing given away and it CAN be read as a standalone.

Caldwell Tate is finally starting to live his dream life, despite losing his home. While living with is brother, he offers to step in to help his brother when he gets ill, and go to a job to give a quote to the owner. Little did he know it would be his dream house and his dream girl. Despite the fact that he doe
Caroline
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book from Fifi Flowers. 'Deceived' was a short read but a great story. An instalove romance, the plot had me enthralled reading cover to cover, the characters were believable and the chemistry was HOT.

This is the story of Daphne and Caldwell. They meet when Caldwell steps in for his sick brother and goes to do a quote for renovations to Daphne's historic home. They are both infatuated at first sight but neither knows how the other feels. A drunken game of true or dare has then op
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Daphne needs someone to help restore her house. Caldwell tries to help his brother out by meeting with a new client. When the two meet instant attraction happens and they work together on the house. But what will happen when her true identity and his true occupation are revealed? Will they both walk away or will the chemistry between them take the hurt out of both of them feeling deceived? With great characters and a quick moving storyline this is one that should not be missed. Once again Fifi F ...more
Nicole Ortiz
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Short Hot Story from Fifi Flowers. Love Daphne and Caldwell's story. Loved the storyline and the characters. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down. There hasn't been a story of hers that I have read that I haven't liked yet. Can't wait to read more from this author.
I received an ARC and volunteered to leave a review.
Sheryl
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved Daphne and Caldwell who, despite lies of omission and half truths, bond over renovations. There were so many different moments in their story good and bad that I loved. I was either in an aww moment or one that made me think ugh oh. What happens when the lies are revealed? Let's just hope love really does conquer all. *I was gifted a copy for an honest review.*
Maria
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Daphne is an art expert and has bought her dream house that needs renovation. Caldwell is the owner of an art gallery and is trying to rebuild his life anew. His brother is sick but needs to meet Daphne to discuss about the renovation and since he doesn’t want to lose a client he asks Caldwell to meet her on his behalf. So what happens when fate curiously plays with your life? Sparkles happen between them because in order to be near her, Caldwell accepts the job and for this reason he pretends t ...more
Paula Genereau
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fifi has done it again. This book was amazing and my all time favorite of hers.
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Daphne and Caldwell. They weren't looking for love but their attraction is instant and as they get to know each other their friendship strengthens to so much more. But there is a lot they don't know about each other. I loved Daphne! She is such a great character. I can't wait to read more from this series!!
Amanda Williams
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely beautiful and touching story. I have fallen in love with this series so much and the stories in the series are written so perfectly. It has everything you could want. Humour, romance, and lots of drama.

This book was full of many twists and turns that will keep you guessing what is going to happen till the very end. I devoured it in one sitting. Incredible work!! I absolutely adored reading this book and will be one clicking the rest of this authors work.
Kelly Fountain
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Daphne and Caldwell have instant chemistry when they first lay eyes on one another. But someone's not telling the truth. Caldwell is helping his brother temporarily and keeps that from her. The two start to build a hot and beautiful relationship until truths come out on both sides and the walls start to crumble.
Pat
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the "Foolish Hearts" series, however, it can be read as a standalone. This book is a quick, sexy read with very likeable characters. I really enjoyed Daphne and Caldwell's interaction and the great storyline throughout the whole book!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Cee Cee Houston
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was another quick, flirty, sexy read by Fifi Flowers, she never lets me down in this department. From the moment Caldwell Tate and Daphne Chastian set eyes on each other, they are drawn under the spell of attraction. The pull is so strong that Caldwell is almost tongue-tied with desire. He even think about agreeing to wotk for her to restore the house she owns.
Both are hiding the truth of why and how they got to be where they are, working on an Art Deco style house. Caldwell has his own bus
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Daphne Chastain is a journalist who gets to document California art and architecture for her coffee-table style book while living in her new dream house. Caldwell Tate hasn't had the easiest time lately, as he's staying with his brother after losing his home, and rebuilding his business up again. But life gives something back when Caldwell has to go over to Daphne's house to restore things, in place of his sick brother. They instantly feel a connection that won't be denied, but both have secrets ...more
T.M. Payne
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed: Deceived
Author: FiFi Flowers
Publication Date: 11/15/2017
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
This is a sexy, cute romcom.

Caldwell is into art, old homes, architeture and what opens the door to the home that he is there to bid on.

Daphne is into art, and fell inlove with the old home she got for next to nothing however it needs to be restored to it's original glory.
The man who has come to check things out is not bad on the eyes ..

These two have a great
Kathi
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unique situation, Entertaining story – a Great Read!!

Caldwell had to sell his house to get buy out a bad business partner, so is living with his brother for now. When his brother is sick Caldwell represents him in the family construction business, gives the quote, is attracted to the girl, and does the job himself.

Daphne is a journalist doing research for a book. As these two develop a relationship which includes their love for older, quirky houses they do not realize they had unknowingly crosse
Laila Viking
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very well written story about Daphne and Caldwell. They are well described and develops nicely. Nice storyline and plot.
Great chemistry and hot scenes. It is written in dual POV which gives the readers both thoughts and feelings of the main characters. Some twist that gives it the five star review. A short, quick, hot fun and romantic read. Instant attraction but both have some things to deal with before they can act on it.

I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review
Lizzi
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great book and a great story!! Fifi has done it again with this story about Daphne and Caldwell. Both are hit with instalust when they first meet. Through some flirting and sexual innuendos, they eventually take their relationship to the next level. But what happens when they are both keeping things from each other? Will it all blow up in their faces? Will they be able to move on after being deceived by the other one??
Maria Angie Mendoza
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fast paced, fun, sexy read with a lot of steam!
For a quick read the story was easy to follow and written well enough that it felt like a complete story.
Charming and interesting story between contractor Caldwell and art gallery owner Daphne. Despite their attraction, deceptions and half truths over shadow their romance.
The deception that takes over their romance is well worth reading about!
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Ms. Flowers. I fell in love with these characters. A hot and spicy read. All girls want a super sexy handyman to help out around the house. You will not be disappointed with the work he does.
Debbie
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2018
When Caldwell is asked by his sick brother to go and do a quote on a house remodel, he reluctantly goes! The house is one of his favourites and Ona list he would buy if ever given the opportunity, so he is happy to be there. He is even happier when the owner opens the door and it’s obvious that there is an instant attraction.

Despite lots of flirting and innuendo’s things remain professional, until one stormy nights when things go further. Their relationship blossoms, but Caldwell is hiding somet
Kyle Hakim
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Bunny
rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2018
Just Lily
rated it it was ok
Dec 22, 2017
Fifi Flowers, an internationally known artist turn author from the Los Angeles area of California, writes romance novels and paints fantasies with a Parisian flair while daydreaming of her time spent sipping cafe crème in the cafes of Paris

She penned her love of Paris and romance to the pages of her first novel, A Window To Love, published in 2013, when she sat down, and instead of putting paint t

Foolish Hearts (2 books)
  • Arranged (Foolish Heart)